Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution (1920 Views)

Religious Persecution: US Places Nigeria On Special Watch List Of Countries / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by arejibadz(m): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2022
I'm trying to understand the relationship between the both ,why does god allows suffering and evil can't he just end it all ,if you have the kind of power they claim god have would you allow people to suffer?? .....you'll see someone going thru something and the next thing the person says is god knows best, god knows best ? for someone who knows the beginning and the end why can't god just answer what's with the delay ?
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:
I'm trying to understand the relationship between the both ,why does god allows suffering and evil can't he just end it all ,if you have the kind of power they claim god have would you allow people to suffer?? .....you'll see someone going thru something and the next thing the person says is god knows best, god knows best ? for someone who knows the beginning and the end why can't god just answer what's with the delay ?

God does know best.

When I was going through hell at the hands of a pastor, I prayed daily. I asked God to soften his heart towards me. God did not answer my prayer and I thought He had forsaken me.
3 weeks after I eventually left that Church, '1 Minute With Tina' was birthed. If He had answered my prayer, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing today.

When my friend ran off with my fiancé, I thought my life was over. I kept on asking, "God, why?"
2 years later I met my wonderful husband.
Friend and fiancé split up after he cheated on her.
If God had answered my prayer, I would never have been happy with the cheating toerag.

A friend of mine came to the UK and was managing her friend's sofa.
One day her friend told her to leave her flat. She gave her 1 week to move.
She begged, prayed, cried. Nothing.
Eventually, she packed her bags and went to the housing for assistance.
They gave her a 1-bedroom flat of her own.
If God had answered her prayer, she would still be sleeping on the sofa.

If Joseph's brothers had listened to his plea, he wouldn't have become prime minister.
He probably thought God had forsaken him.

Let's pray for God's will to be done in our lives.
There are some things we won't be able to comprehend until much later.
The Lord will strengthen us in our afflictions and bring us out unscathed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by arejibadz(m): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

God does know best.

Lol so god know why one is suffering and can't do anything ATM why is that, why allow one to suffer before answering one's request,if you have the same power they claim God have would you allow people to suffer??
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 9:34am On Apr 18, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

God does know best.

When I was going through hell at the hands of a pastor, I prayed daily. I asked God to soften his heart towards me. God did not answer my prayer and I thought He had forsaken me.
3 weeks after I eventually left that Church, '1 Minute With Tina' was birthed. If He had answered my prayer, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing today.

When my friend ran off with my fiancé, I thought my life was over. I kept on asking, "God, why?"
If God had answered my prayer, I would never have been happy with the cheating toerag.

If Joseph's brothers had listened to his plea, he wouldn't have become prime minister.

Was it your god that told you to leave the church? You shouldn’t have left since god knows best, it seems you yourself know what’s best for you without waiting for anyone’s approval.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

Was it your god that told you to leave the church? You shouldn’t have left since god knows best, it seems you yourself know what’s best for you without waiting for anyone’s approval.

Exactly. Human beings find solutions to their problems but choose to ascribe it to a god, WTF is your brain for then? LoLz.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

God does know best.

So basically the god doesn’t answer prayer, he just lets things play out as they would. SMH. LoLz.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordReed(m): 10:09am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:

These are just attempts to reconcile the vast amount of suffering in this world with the the good fortune of others. If Mr A is suffering but Mr B has it good it must mean that the god willed it that way or else there is no justice in the universe. But that is exactly what it is there is no justice in the universe except the one we make for ourselves. If a god exists that sits back delaying justice then how can you call that a good god?
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Because Satan is very much in this world.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by arejibadz(m): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2022
LordReed:

These are just attempts to reconcile the vast amount of suffering in this world with the the good fortune of others. If Mr A is suffering but Mr B has it good it must mean that the god willed it that way or else there is no justice in the universe. But that is exactly what it is there is no justice in the universe except the one we make for ourselves. If a god exists that sits back delaying justice then how can you call that a good god?
this one the main reasons religion never sits right with me like why all this happening , i haven't seen any one who has answered this question WHY IS SUFFERING PART OF RELIGION
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by arejibadz(m): 10:17am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:
Because Satan is very much in this world.
why cant god end satan , cant they end their beef so everywhere fit good
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 10:20am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:
God is a God of "appointed time." That's why the earth and all that is therein wasn't created in one day. Satan's time will come. A world bereft of Satan was promised us, let's wait on the Lord as Scripture commands, and be of good cheer.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:

Because you are involved in their beef! smiley
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by arejibadz(m): 10:52am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Because you are involved in their beef! smiley
lol how ,tot god created satan, y beefing with someone whom he created??
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by arejibadz(m): 10:54am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

God is a God of "appointed time." That's why the earth and all that is therein wasn't created in one day. Satan's time will come. A world bereft of Satan was promised us, let's wait on the Lord as Scripture commands, and be of good cheer.
quick ?? If you're god would you allow half of what's happening happen right now ?....suffering being part of the world is what I dont just understand
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:

You have to be careful with maxindhouse , he is not a Yahweh/Elohim/YHWH worshipper.
He is a “Jehovah” worshipper, and no where in the Jewish Bible was that name ever mentioned or called, the name was created by William Tyndale, which coincidentally is a Jehovah witness also, this Jehovah witness also created the king James VERSION.

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:
quick ?? If you're god would you allow half of what's happening happen right now ?....suffering being part of the world is what I dont just understand
That's why I'm not God. My brain is created by Him. The highest of my reasoning and ability for logic is foolishness before Him. He is Alpha and Omega....the Beginning and the End. No mortal or immortal can comprehend His works. He is beyond searching out.
Therefore, rest on His knowledge and be patient as He commands. There's an expiry date to Satan and all that he represents.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

That's why I'm not God. My brain is created by Him. The highest of my reasoning and ability for logic is foolishness before Him. He is Alpha and Omega....the Beginning and the End. [/b]No mortal or immortal can comprehend His works. He is beyond searching out.[b]
Therefore, rest on His knowledge and be patient as He commands. There's an expiry date to Satan and all that he represents.

So your god created both good and evil?
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

So your god created both good and evil?
Exactly. Why He did that is beyond my comprehension. Just like negative and positive electrodes in Physics and Chemistry electricity.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

Exactly. Why He did that is beyond my comprehension. Just like negative and positive electrodes in Physics and Chemistry electricity.

So he created evil desires and evil thoughts too?
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 11:07am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

So he created evil desires and evil thoughts too?
I have already mentioned that He is Alpha and Omega. Omnipresent and OmniScience. All things were created by Him. Leave the why till you get to heaven.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

I have already mentioned that He is Alpha and Omega. Omnipresent and OmniScience. All things were created by Him. Leave the why till you get to heaven.

So all the things that devil did and Adam did, it was your god that was doing it?

He intentionally gave devil evil desires so he can rebel and have a reason to cast him out. The same template he used for Adam and Eve?
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2022
arejibadz:

That's why you need to study the Bible instead of presuming how God should react to those who are lower to Him.
He is not a bully rather He wants everyone to have equal right even though He is the Creator He doesn't want to force His opinion on anyone.
The problem we're facing on this planet today is due to what happened in the beginning but before you can understand remember those involved aren't mortals like you and i, so their reasoning differs from the way you and i who have expiring date do reason! smiley
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:21am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's why you need to study the Bible instead of presuming how God should react to those who are lower to Him.
He is not a bully rather He wants everyone to have equal right even though He is the Creator He doesn't want to force His opinion on anyone.
The problem we're facing on this planet today is due to what happened in the beginning but before you can understand remember those involved aren't mortals like you and i, so their reasoning differs from the way you and i who have expiring date do reason! smiley

But your reasoning helped you to know that “Because you are involved in their beef!” How were you able to understand that since our reasoning differs?
All these William tyndale worshippers sha cheesy

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

So all the things that devil did and Adam did, it was your god that was doing it?

He intentionally gave devil evil desires so he can rebel and have a reason to cast him out. The same template he used for Adam and Eve?
Give your life to Christ. You need to submit your heart to Jesus. Then, you'd be humble enough to know that you were created. And He that created you does not owe you an explanation. We are mere creations and we are created for His Glory!
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

But your reasoning helped you to know that “Because you are involved in their beef!” How were you able to understand that since our reasoning differs?
All these William tyndale worshippers sha cheesy

What a pity!
MindHacker has become so restless and you're now trailing MaxInDHouse everywhere on Nairaland.
Well allow the OP for now at least he wants to reason with others so calm down you don't have to be this restless; wink
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

Give your life to Christ. You need to submit your heart to Jesus. Then, you'd be humble enough to know that you were created. And He that created you does not owe you an explanation. We are mere creations and we are created for His Glory!

You already answered that your god created both good and evil and he gave us evil desires. I should repent from what your god created?
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:31am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What a pity!
MindHacker has become so restless and you're now trailing MaxInDHouse everywhere on Nairaland.
Well allow the OP for now at least he wants to reason with others so calm down you don't have to be this restless; wink

Jehovah worshipper, have you said your praise to William Tyndale aka Jehovah today?

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by LordIsaac(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

You already answered that your god created both good and evil and he gave us evil desires. I should repent from what your god created?
Yes....because He gave you a will to choose life.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:34am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

Jehovah worshipper, have you said your praise to William Tyndale aka Jehovah today?

It's OK for now allow the OP to reason with me if truly he's intelligent as he thinks! smiley
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2022
LordIsaac:

Yes....because He gave you a will to choose life.

He didn’t, if he did he wouldn’t have created me with evil desires.
He created you with 2 legs because that’s what you need, he created you with both good and evil desires because that’s what you need.
Could your god have created you with 3 legs? Yes, but he specifically created with 2 legs to use, the same way he created you with good and evil desires to use, or your god does mistake?
Your god could have created you with only good desires but he added evil desires to it for you to use as you have 2 legs and 2 eyes and so on.. everything for a function.
Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by Maynman: 11:40am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK for now allow the OP to reason with me if truly he's intelligent as he thinks! smiley

Reason with a William tyndale worshipper?
he is looking for a Yahweh/Elohim worshipper not a Jehovah worshipper.

Re: Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:44am On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

Reason with a William tyndale worshipper, he is looking for a Yahweh/Elohim worshipper not a Jehovah worshipper.

Wow! So you KNOW what he's looking for even when he's sceptical about the whole idea of God! cheesy

Come on my friend, i thought you said you only say what you KNOW, how come you're now becoming a spokesman for another person? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God Without Religion / The Name "GOD" - What Are Its Origins? / Bishop Eddie Long Revisited - Eight Things I Think About Bishop Eddie Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.