Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (42100 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ndipe(m): 1:08am On Oct 30, 2008
JW claim that Jesus Christ came in 1914, right, thereby contradicting this Biblical Verse:

"Behold, He cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they that pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over Him. Even so, Amen."

Revelation 1:7

PS: Stay away from JW. I almost joined that group, but their denial on the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ was a turn off.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by MrCrackles(m): 1:09am On Oct 30, 2008
all these hypocrites claiming one religion na rubbish, the other na true one!!

make una dey run mouth dey go, idiots!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by tope2000(f): 1:12am On Oct 30, 2008
@poster
God punish ya mouth 4 saying that tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:18am On Oct 30, 2008
See Tope O!!

This is the religious section, no violence. tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:26am On Oct 30, 2008
I cant say who is real or not.
In my opinion, christianity is a scam.

But ask for the JWs,

I am in the Jehovahs witness protection program.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by tope2000(f): 1:30am On Oct 30, 2008
Okija_juju:

See Tope O!!

This is the religious section, no violence. tongue

grin grin
just when u decide to be a good girl, there will always be sum1 that will provoke u tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by MrCrackles(m): 1:44am On Oct 30, 2008
tope2000:

grin grin
just when u decide to be a good girl, there will always be someone that will provoke u tongue

it is too late you are rotten! grin

person wey no dey wear pata no fit be good girl
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Perrito4u: 3:38am On Oct 30, 2008
Well Nimshi this is what I saw when I visited them. Everybody was happy when I went to the meeting for the first time. Even I felt the joy. Really nice people. I even got into good conversation with kids. Really nice experience. So different from Catholics. They didn't even ask me for money. Not like the Pentecostal ( don't even ask ). I don't understand why people criticize them so much. They really are good people. I really think there is only one true religion. All of them think they are the ones, not just the JW's. But I have noticed one thing Nimshi about you, you don't really use the Bible much. You should back everything you say with the Bible to have credibility. You mainly use personal opinions or maybe what other people have told you. I think you should read the Bible more and/or use it more. If a person says they are religious but don't use the Bible, my personal opinion, I don't think they are spirit directed. So far the JW's have used the Bible more than anybody else I know. I respect that. You say Russell teachings? Until now, all teachings have been backed up by the bible not by something said by Russell. You are absolutely wrong. So I think there's no more to say here for me. You probably wont see me here posting anymore. Nice talking to you all. smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 5:33am On Oct 30, 2008
Well Nimshi this is what I saw when I visited them.  Everybody was happy when I went to the meeting for the first time. Even I felt the joy. Really nice people. I even got into good conversation with kids.  Really nice experience.  So different from Catholics. They didn't even ask me for money. Not like the Pentecostal ( don't even ask ).  I don't understand why people criticize them so much. They really are good people.   I really think there is only one true religion.  All of them think they are the ones,  not just the JW's. 

This is not unusual. It is called "love-bombing"; everyone joining the JW religion is "love-bombed"; people show you "love", they shower attention on you; as a new "bible study", you'll get lots of this, plus lots of encouragement to keep coming, plus lots of association to make up for the "opposition" you may be encountering from your non-JW friends, family and neighbours. It's regular JW fare; and it's not unique to you. JWs practice their perception of "love" quite "openly", and that's because they refer to the scripture from Jesus: . .  by this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves. . . Their way of fulfilling this scripture is to encourage their members to show love: hand shaking at every opportunity; smiles everywhere; afterall, they are Jevovah's Happy People.

But I have noticed one thing Nimshi about you, you don't really use the Bible much.  You should back everything you say with the Bible to have credibility. You mainly use personal opinions or maybe what other people have told you.  I think you should read the Bible more and/or use it more. If a person says they are religious but don't use the Bible, my personal opinion, I don't think they are spirit directed.

Apparently, you got this from the JWs, right? Look, they're doing a good job on you. Now, let's look at your claim: how many scriptures have you quoted in this post? And, the questions I've asked you - which you ave refused to answer - do they require the scripture? Except you want to show me in the bible where the title "pioneer", which the JWs use is recommended. I have asked you to share your research on blood; perhaps that will require that you use the bible? You advice that I read the bible more; how do you know I don't? Have you also been convinced by the JWs that their New World Translation is also the best? And I sense that when you say"using the bible", you actually meant quoting the bible. Of course, it's good to quote the bible, but did the scriptures not say that God's words shall be inscribed on hearts? And if I type out of the abundance of my "heart" in conformity with the scripture, why's that a problem?

When you start using scriptures to back up what you write, I could match you up; that's a promise. But for those matters that don't require direct scriptures, I'll use published JW material to indict the practice of the JWs. They claim to use the bible, but do they, really? Do you have a copy of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, or do you use some other translations?

So far the JW's have used the Bible more than anybody else I know. I respect that. You say Russell teachings? Until now, all teachings have been backed up by the bible not by something said by Russell. You are absolutely wrong. So I think there's no more to say here for me. You probably wont see me here posting anymore.    Nice talking to you all.

Yet, you promised to share your research about blood, but nothing is forthcoming from you. Share the research, and let's look at the bible and JW doctrines; also, let's look at those new things you're learning from JWs that are getting you excited. And, if indeed you don't return to the thread, then it's safe to say the JWs have succeeded in their first line of attack on new converts: shielding the new convert from outside information; this works quite effectively. Next stage is to continue to make the convert feel that persecution is a must since they're doing the right thing. Whatever book you're studying, the goal will be for them to get you baptised; and once you do that, you would have legally signed away your rights. Here are a few things for you to consider:

1) Right now, you can leave your current Church; when you become a JW by getting baptised, you will not be able to leave without serious consequences. Ask your JW handlers about this.

2) If a member of your family needs blood, you will not be able to support such a family member, even if that family member is not a JW.

3) When you get baptised, you will be required to go from door-to-door to preach; the catch is that for you to remain an "active publisher", you will need to preach for some minimum number of hours every month; if you don't you will be considered "spiritually weak", no matter what else you do.

4) When you get baptised, you will be required to obey every instruction of the JW Governing Body; the Governing Body is a men-only group, their office is in Brooklyn, and they are the de-facto head of the JW organisation. They claim to be "representatives" of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class (the 144,000 who will be the only ones to go into heaven), and they hold absolute authority over JW doctrine. If you decide not to follow these rules, you will be labelled as "spiritually weak".

5) If you choose to leave the JWs, or openly disagree with Governing Body teachings, you may be "disfellowshipped"; basically, this means all JWs all over the world will not be allowed to talk to you, and you will be sth of an outcast. You may survive this if you have other relationships outside of the JW fold, but if you have burned your bridges before you join the JWs, you will be in a tight fix. If your employer is a JW, you will most likely lose your job; if your business involves other JWs, you will most definitely lose your customers.

The above are only the beginning of "pangs of personal distress" and abandonment.

In the mean time, I'll be waiting for you promised submission on 1914 (starting from 607 B.C.E) and answers to the questions I already asked:

(1) Is the person studying with you a regular "publisher" or a "pioneer", or an "elder" or a combination of publisher/elder, or pioneer/elder?

(2) Which of their books are you "studying" with them right now? I assume that this is your first book, since you've been "studying" for 4 months. If you have studied other books, could you list them?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2008
Nimshi you are scaring me I never knew they went to these lengths. From the looks of things their hold on members are a lot stronger than other sects.
That website was fab I will be showing my friend soon!
Please enlighten me more on the how they rope in people again.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2008
Chris,

not trying to paint things bad; but these are things as they are.

A new potential convert like Perrito4u is at a huge disadvantage: his interaction with JWs will affect his family relationships. JWs will essentially teach that he should expect opposition from his family, and that such opposition is a confirmation that he's doing the right thing; already, I can see he is sold, since he's started to use JW buzz words, especially, he believes he has found "the truth"; in fact, JWs call their religion "the truth". JWs will encourage him to share what he's learning with his family; and since JWs teach that all other religions, and all other non-JW Christians are going to be destroyed during the war of Armageddon (JWs don't teach the "hell-fire" doctrine), you can immediately see how this will cause friction. The potential convert telling his Catholic and Pentecostal friend and family that he's found "the truth", and that unless they join him, they'll be destroyed at Armageddon.

Many people criticise JWs for the wrong things. JWs don't celebrate Christmas; they are correct that the 25th of December isn't Jesus Christ's birthday (but they not the first to know that), so attacking JWs for not celebrating Christmas couldn't be a winning argument. As an extension of this, they do not celebrate anyone's birthdays. One of their arguments here is that the birthday celebrations in the bible (three of them, if memory serves) ended in some form of disaster; in this, they are correct about the history; the interpretation is however debatable.

In any case, any Church goer who's interested in the bible will almost certainly be impressed with JWs and the wealth of knowledge they have and do teach. This, plus the "love-bombing", sucks people in. Mostly, people who are interested in deep bible doctrines, people who're experiencing some turbulence in their lives, people who've noticed hypocrisy in the Church, people who're tired of Chruch practices, and people who love knowledge are prime targets; the JW religion quite sucks them in. No, it's not that these people aren't smart, but they're primed for "change", and their situations make them quite vulnerable. In this state, they see only what they want to see; and they take the singular most important step of getting baptised by JWs; this seals the deal, and it may take a while before they realise they may have decided differently had they known differently. For many, it'll rather be too late.

Of course, a potential convert may decide to join JWs even after knowing the facts; but not revealing these before baptism into the JW religion isn't fair.

But Perrito4u wanted deep bible talk; he's been invited to share his research in blood or any other JW doctrine. It is my hope that he returns. because, there's more.

Perrito4u: there's a discussion ongoing about an aspect of JW doctrine; scriptures have been quoted there. Perhaps, you may want to take a look: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-188667.32.html

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ndipe(m): 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2008
And what about the JW's claim that only 144,000 people will go to heaven? Is anybody familiar with this false doctrine of theirs?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2008
Ndipe wrote: PS: Stay away from JW. I almost joined that group, but their denial on the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ was a turn off.

Are you sure?

JWs do not deny that Jesus Christ was resurrected.

At 1st Corinthians 15:42 - 44:

So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body

JWs hold that the resurrection was physical, but that the 'body' was different, being spiritual.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2008
Ndipe:

And what about the JW's claim that only 144,000 people will go to heaven? Is anybody familiar with this false doctrine of theirs?

This is already being discussed here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-188667.32.html

But, how come you refer to it as false?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ndipe(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2008
Nimshi:

Are you sure?

JWs do not deny that Jesus Christ was resurrected.

At 1st Corinthians 15:42 - 44:

JWs hold that the resurrection was physical, but that the 'body' was different, being spiritual.

Yeah, they do deny the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I am not making it up, that was one of the sole reason why I refused to join the group, otherwise, I would have fallen hook line and sinker to their deceit. The Holy Bible has clearly stated that the next coming of Jesus Christ will be visible, so the 1914 claim of His second coming by JW clearly contradicts the teachings of the Holy Bible.

P:S: I am not a perfect human being.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by N1answer: 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2008
Of course Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true religion!
You want proof?

1 - The best proof is to grab a bible and read it from the very first page to the last page of it.
While you are reading, dont just read, but meditate too.

2 - Now, can someone tell me which other religion is more united and friendly then JW's? I dont think so,
All the other religions havent got a problem to go on war and kill themselfs! dont matter what the background is, language or religion they are, they just simply kill, JW's never go to war, besides, we all know hundreds of JW's if not thousands of them, got killed in the 2nd world war for not going to war in Germany. That was in 1914 and that was when Jesus cleaned the heavens and the devil (satan) and the evil angels (demons) were sent to earth knowing that they have little time. So satan made this war knowing that he could make JW's suffer on this war. JW's never got involved in the war, they were prisioners and most of them got killed.

3 - JW's show love for everyone, do the other religions show love to everyone? Why do they show love to everyone?
Because JW's follow Jesus example because he is perfect, and we all know Jesus was kind and showed love to everyone.

Still not enough? Anymore questions left?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 5:06am On Oct 31, 2008
Ndipe:
Yeah, they do deny the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I am not making it up, that was one of the sole reason why I refused to join the group, otherwise, I would have fallen hook line and sinker to their deceit.

There is no ambiguity in your post above; and I have to tell you that you have levelled a false accusation against JWs. No, JWs do not deny the physical resurrection of Jesus the Christ. when you level false accusations, you imbue JWs with power, because they claim that their persecutors will do this. If you came away with the impression that they deny the physical resurrection of Jesus, then you've got it all wrong.

1) Provide a reference for your claim
2) During your interaction with JWs, what book(s) did you "study" with them? If you provide the title(s) of the book(s), then your caim could be easily debunked.

The Holy Bible has clearly stated that the next coming of Jesus Christ will be visible, so the 1914 claim of His second coming by JW clearly contradicts the teachings of the Holy Bible.

This is different from your claim from your 'physical resurrection' claim. And yes, JWs do teach that the 'second coming' of Jesus (they call it 'presence'), will be invisible. That's another matter than 'physical resurrection'.

P:S: I am not a perfect human being.

No one is; but that's different from levelling a false claim against a Christian sect.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 5:27am On Oct 31, 2008
N1answer:

You want proof?

Why don't you read the contributions prior to your bursting on the scene and address them; you could start from the 5 items numbered in this post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=4050.msg3014758#msg3014758 ; and you could take a stab at the last two too; that's 7. Let's see how the "true religion" claim holds up.

1 - The best proof is to grab a bible and read it from the very first page to the last page of it.
While you are reading, don't just read, but meditate too.

2 - Now, can someone tell me which other religion is more united and friendly then JW's? I don't think so, All the other religions havent got a problem to go on war and kill themselfs! don't matter what the background is, language or religion they are, they just simply kill, JW's never go to war,

Looks like you have quite a limited knowledge of world religions; that's not atypical of JWs or those newly "studying" with them. It is anti-intellectual to make a claim you've not thoroughly examined. But, to give you a not-so-subtle hint: no, JWs are not the only religion who don't go to war. Your calim above is so ridiculous it's imposssible to begin debunking it.

besides, we all know hundreds of JW's if not thousands of them, got killed in the 2nd world war for not going to war in Germany. That was in 1914 and that was when Jesus cleaned the heavens and the devil (satan) and the evil angels (demons) were sent to earth knowing that they have little time. So satan made this war knowing that he could make JW's suffer on this war. JW's never got involved in the war, they were prisioners and most of them got killed.

First off: it is not true that "most of them got killed"; that's a blatant lie; stop repeating it. You're parroting the popular JW explanation to explain what happened in 1914: '. . . there was war in heaven . . . Michael (who JWs believe is the resurrected Jesus Christ) prevails over Satan and his angels/demons . . . Satan and his friends were sent out of heaven . . . they come to planet earth with anger and orchestrate the WW1 . . . but they have a little time . . . ' If you want to know more about 'conscientious objectors' during was WWI and WW2, this is a good place to start: conhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious_objector ; and, please, do stop repeating claims you haven't investigated.

3 - JW's show love for everyone, do the other religions show love to everyone? Why do they show love to
everyone? Because JW's follow Jesus example because he is perfect, and we all know Jesus was kind and showed love to everyone.

Yeah, love:

1) Right now, you can leave your current Church; when you become a JW by getting baptised, you will not be able to leave without serious consequences. Ask your JW handlers about this.

2) If a member of your family needs blood, you will not be able to support such a family member, even if that family member is not a JW.

3) When you get baptised, you will be required to go from door-to-door to preach; the catch is that for you to remain an "active publisher", you will need to preach for some minimum number of hours every month; if you don't you will be considered "spiritually weak", no matter what else you do.

4) When you get baptised, you will be required to obey every instruction of the JW Governing Body; the Governing Body is a men-only group, their office is in Brooklyn, and they are the de-facto head of the JW organisation. They claim to be "representatives" of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class (the 144,000 who will be the only ones to go into heaven), and they hold absolute authority over JW doctrine. If you decide not to follow these rules, you will be labelled as "spiritually weak".

5) If you choose to leave the JWs, or openly disagree with Governing Body teachings, you may be "disfellowshipped"; basically, this means all JWs all over the world will not be allowed to talk to you, and you will be sth of an outcast. You may survive this if you have other relationships outside of the JW fold, but if you have burned your bridges before you join the JWs, you will be in a tight fix. If your employer is a JW, you will most likely lose your job; if your business involves other JWs, you will most definitely lose your customers.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 12:45am On Nov 02, 2008
Perrito4u: bumping this to the top, since it appears you've returned.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2008
Perrito4u: Did you attend the Watchtower Study today?

How did you find the "study" article?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2008
On the other thread mentioned three or four posts ago, we read a comment from Perrito4u, who's "studying" the bible with Jehovah's Witnesses:

Well Nimshi this is what I saw when I visited them. . . They didn't even ask me for money. Not like the Pentecostal ( don't even ask ).

We will return to this theme of assessing JW by first, 2nd, and/or 3rd impressions. But, let's start somewhere:

He wrote that the JWs "didn't even ask [him] for money", and hinted that that was unlike the Pentecostal Churches. The statement is correct; it is also misleading.

One of the ways JWs impress new recruits and potential recruits is by this issue of donations. Because JWs do not collect the traditional tithe, they tout themsleves as being non-money/donation oriented. But, first question to ask: the 'church' (JWs call this Kingdom Hall; henceforth, KH) you attended, was it built for completely free? Is all the maintenance free? For one thing, JWs try to reduce costs by using their members to execute projects; so rather than paying for services, they encourage their members to give their time and resources, which the mostly good, mostly honest, mostly kind, and mostly humble rank-and-file memebrs do with happiness; yet, is everything free?

As usual, let's apply basic sense, first. Here're hints:

Perrito:

1) ask your JW handlers how much it costs to maintain the Kingdom Hall (I'm assuming you're in Nigeria) you're attending in a year; an estimate should be fine.

2) If you attend a "standard" design KH, ask how much of the "mortgage" paid to the Society is still outstanding; it's not called mortgage, but they're regular payments for amounts owed on those nice Kingdom Halls. If the nice KH isn't owing any money, ask for an estimate of how much it took to pay it all off.

2) Ask them how much it costs to maintain the Nigeria Branch Office in a year; if they know what they're doing, they should have an estimate. In addition, ask how much it took to build the Nigeria Branch Office.

3) Then ask them how these costs are met. Where does the money come from? JWs I know are mainly honest, so they don't print currency. Where's the money coming from?

If you do your part, then I could also commit to do my best to find credible estimates for 1) and 2); and we could then disuss 3).

Because you're not paying now does not mean you won't pay at sometime.

Because they don't ask for tithes doesn't imply you won't pay more than tithes.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2008
N1answer:

Of course, they're not grin

2 - Now, can someone tell me which other religion is more united and friendly then JW's? I don't think so,
All the other religions havent got a problem to go on war and kill themselfs! don't matter what the background is, language or religion they are, they just simply kill, JW's never go to war, besides, we all know hundreds of JW's if not thousands of them, got killed in the 2nd world war for not going to war in Germany. That was in 1914 and that was when Jesus cleaned the heavens and the devil (satan) and the evil angels (demons) were sent to earth knowing that they have little time. So satan made this war knowing that he could make JW's suffer on this war. JW's never got involved in the war, they were prisioners and most of them got killed.

Conscientious Objectors were well known, even in 1st World War (I see you mentioned the 2nd World War). To kickstart your education about conscienious objectores, visit this link: http://www.ppu.org.uk/learn/infodocs/cos/st_co_wwone.html ; you'll see information from a British perspective; ther're other credible open sources.

Some Quakers were conscientious objectors in WW1; does that mean they're of the true religion? See:

In all, more than 6,312 conscientious objectors were arrested; 5,970 were court-martialled and sent to prison, where they endured privations both mental and physical (819 spent over two years in prison). At least 73 COs died because of the harsh treatment they received; a number suffered long-term physical or mental illness.

1,330 'absolutists' refused to do any kind of alternative war work, but never won exemption for this principled stand. Some agreed to join the Home Office Scheme, but later changed their minds and went back to prison.

Prisons in those days were still run on inhumane systems inherited from the 19th century.

Could you guess how many of these were Jehovah's Witnesses?

Members of the Historic Peace Church (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Churches) object to violence too.

The stance of JWs is commendable; but it is not unique to them.

3 - JW's show love for everyone, do the other religions show love to everyone? Why do they show love to everyone? Because JW's follow Jesus example because he is perfect, and we all know Jesus was kind and showed love to everyone.

Depends on how you define "love"; did Jesus show love to the guys wheeling and dealing and selling in God's temple? You could answer "Yes"; you could answer "No" and justify either. Other Christians show love too; you could ask; may be your Church is different? (That's before you joined JWs?).

But, tell me: is it loving that the JW organisation is a "paradise for pedophiles"?

Is it loving that if a child is sexually molested, JW elders cannot handle the matter even if ther're separate events involving the same person unless there're 2 witnesses to each act? Tell me, what rapist calls two people to come witness the act?

Is it loving that JWs fight victims of child molestation by JW elders 'to the finish', using the money donated by their members to silence the victims, knowing that the victims who have sought held in the courts are financially unable to carry on such legal cases?

Is it loving that after paying out tens of millions of United State Dollars last year to settle Child molestation cases after several years of denial, the JW organisation refuses to apologise and admit guilt?

Apparently, you neglect the matters relating to the children, and brag about your righteousness and doctrines; is this how Christianity should be?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2008
An old friend has sent in some material concerning some of the false prophesies by Jehovah's Witnesses.

In the late 60s, the leaders of the Jehovah's Witness organisation were strongly hinting that the world would end soon; the date was supposed to be 1975. Here's a quote from one of their publications:

Awake-1969-May-22-pp.-14-15

What Future For The Young?

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.  Why not?  Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years."

If you were 10 years old then, you'd be 49 today.

what did the bible say about false prophets?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by powr: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2008
why i think jws are the true or truest religion.

1. they are the most united religion in the world.

2. they are pretty much good, kind, law abiding people.

3. they would rather die than denounce their faith.

4. they are clearly "no part of this world".

5. they are the only religion that goes from house to house preaching.

6. they are the most unique religion imo.

7. they don't swear. they even disapprove of pornography.

i know this because my family, well, my father and sister are baptized witnesses.

why I am not a jw.

1. i'm terrified of preaching.

2. i still have a lot of questions(like why should we suffer because of adam&eve's sin?).

3. i am what they would call "worldly". i swear, listen to vulgar music, hang out with "worldly" people, etc.

4. i'm shy.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2008
1. they are the most united religion in the world.

How? What sort of "unity"?

2. they are pretty much good, kind, law abiding people.

It is true that most JWs are good, kind, and law-abiding; but this isn't unique to JWs

3. they would rather die than denounce their faith.

This, again, isn't unique to JWs.

4. they are clearly "no part of this world".

In what sense? Or, do you mean not having anything to do with like, say, the United Nations?

5. they are the only religion that goes from house to house preaching.

Have you heard of Mormons?

6. they are the most unique religion imo.

"Most unique"; how? Every religion could be described as unique.

7. they don't swear.

?? Individual JWs do swear; yet, this isn't a disqualifying thing. . .

they even disapprove of pornography.

Many religions do; this isn't unique to JWs.

But, do you know about the practice of the JW religion with respect to pedophilia?

why I am not a jw.

1. i'm terrified of preaching.

I'd be terrified too.

2. i still have a lot of questions(like why should we suffer because of adam&eve's sin?).

A well-known JW discussion topic; would you share your other questions?

3. i am what they would call "worldly". i swear, listen to vulgar music, hang out with "worldly" people, etc.

Yeah; anything non-JW is "worldly".
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2008
Perrito4u is still fresh in my mind we were embarassed so close cry
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by powr: 5:13am On Nov 10, 2008
How? What sort of "unity"?

they are united because everything that they do is very well orchestrated. i mean what witnesses are doing in one part of the world, on the other side they're doing the same thing.

It is true that most JWs are good, kind, and law-abiding; but this isn't unique to JWs

true.

This, again, isn't unique to JWs.

well, in world war 2 they were the only religion that would rather be punished(or killed) instead of saying "heil hitler", take up arms, denounce they're faith, etc. what other religion refused?

In what sense? Or, do you mean not having anything to do with like, say, the United Nations?

they are "no part of this world" in a sense that they do not take up arms, vote, take part in politics, etc. they are very much like the first century christians.

Have you heard of Mormons?

lol. mormons don't go preaching. they go to one house and that's it. besides they believe native americans are descendants of jews.

"Most unique"; how? Every religion could be described as unique.

well, they don't believe in the trinity doctrine. they don't celebrate pagan holidays. they are very well organized and united. they don't use idols or "icons of worship". they read a lot. they go preaching from house to house. they abstain from blood. they don't baptize infants. they get baptized by full water immersion just like jesus did. they don't have a human leader(at least not anymore), like a pope. they don't practice celibacy. in other words they are a lot like the first century christians.

?? Individual JWs do swear; yet, this isn't a disqualifying thing. . .

swear as in say bad words. i haven't heard jws swear except my family. and when they do swear it's very rare.

Many religions do; this isn't unique to JWs.

But, do you know about the practice of the JW religion with respect to pedophilia?

i've heard stories on the internet. i don't know if it's true. i doubt it.

A well-known JW discussion topic; would you share your other questions?

mmm, maybe some other time.

so if you don't think jws have the true religion, which religion do you think is true or the truest?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 6:08am On Nov 10, 2008
they are united because everything that they do is very well orchestrated. i mean what witnesses are doing in one part of the world, on the other side they're doing the same thing.

Interesting you use the word "orchestrate"; that's precisely what the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses do; to orchestrate is to manipulate. They make sure everyone looks at the same material, and that everyone learns the same thing, and enforce that everyone believes the same thing. Hardly free, hardly Christian.

well, in world war 2 they were the only religion that would rather be punished(or killed) instead of saying "heil hitler", take up arms, denounce they're faith, etc. what other religion refused?

Conscientious objectors during wars do not necessaily belong to any religions. What would you think of that? Humans who had no religious affiliations yet refused to take up arms; and there were young quakers who not only objected to taking up arms, but also campaigned actively against the war.

they are "no part of this world" in a sense that they do not take up arms, vote, take part in politics, etc. they are very much like the first century christians.

What JWs view as "being no part of the world", can be correctly interpreted as irresponsibility. Take for example the right to vote, and all other civil rights that came with it: thos Americans (white and black and all else) who fought for these rights were doing righteous work; JWs didn't participate, yet, they enjoy the fruits of all that good work. What are we if we do not use legal and other acceptable non-violent means to achive good ends?

lol. mormons don't go preaching. they go to one house and that's it.

They go to just one house? That's not true; Mormons visit my street; they visit four houses; when I'm in the mood, I talk to them. They may not do it as much as JWs, but they sure do it. Plus, I don't think they report hours as JWs do.

besides they believe native americans are descendants of jews.

So? JWs believe all sorts of weird things too. Like, that only 144,000 humans will enter into heaven; and that that includes the men in Brooklyn, and a few thousanda around the world. And that only these people who think they're going to heaven can accept the holy communion; pretty weird.

well, they don't believe in the trinity doctrine. they don't celebrate pagan holidays. they are very well organized and united. they don't use idols or "icons of worship". they read a lot. they go preaching from house to house. they abstain from blood. they don't baptize infants. they get baptized by full water immersion just like jesus did.

Many Christians don't belive the Athanasian Creed (the trinity doctrine); this isn't unique to JWs; many Christians don't celebrate pagan holidays. Many Christians groups are quite well organized. Many Christian groups don't use "icons of worship"; they consider it adolatary.

they don't have a human leader(at least not anymore), like a pope.

They do. The Governing Body isn't made up of spirits. It's the group of men who direct the JWs spiritually; JWs believe the men are the representative fo the Faithful and Discreet Slave, representing God's government on earth. JWs must believe anything these men proclaim as doctrinal truth; anyone openly disagreeing will be disfellowshipped and shunned; this, my friend, is worse than what the Bishop of Rome does.

they don't practice celibacy. in other words they are a lot like the first century christians.

You're still comparing with the Catholic Church, comething JWs try to do a lot. Many Christian groups don't mandate celibacy; so this isn't unique to JWs.

swear as in say bad words. i haven't heard jws swear except my family. and when they do swear it's very rare.

Just as you confirm that members of your family would sometimes swear, those other JWs may also do so in their homes. This, to me, isn't indicative of anything. God in the OT did swear, even by himself. No big deal.

i've heard stories on the internet. i don't know if it's true. i doubt it.

You're almost in complete JW mode: denial. You doubt these stories; but, did you investigate them? I'm certain you didn't.

Last year, JWs paid tens of millions of dollars to settle child rape cases perpetrated by JW Ministerial Servans, Elders, and Publishers. But unlike the Catholic Church (who apologised to the victims), JWs were not decent and Christian enough to apologise.

The Jehivah's Witnesses have their own private sex offenders database (this is a database for those JWS who have sexually abuse children); it has at least 23,000 names.

IF you want to know, see this NBC report:

1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAC9kS_EqM

If you want to see documents, see:

2) http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

This is a dangerous religion. Dangerous for children dangerous for the society.

Will you now claim you do not know about child abuse in the Jehovah's Witness Religion?

2)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 6:15am On Nov 10, 2008
Jehovah's Witnesses and Sexual Abuse of Minors

1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwQoKygx0pE&feature=related CNN Report

2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAC9kS_EqM&feature=related NBC News Report

And, this:

3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZS86DFZBg8&feature=related

Doesn't go as far as a recent event in Somalia; but close, aint't it?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by powr: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2008
so what is the true religion then if not jws?

i don't see anything wrong with making everyone read and learn the same thing. in fact i think thats a good thing.
jws seem to be the only religion to object conscientiously in world war 2 or in any war. even in africa when the hutu and tutsi were trying to wipe out each other. the ONLY religion. see how united they are? if everyone was jw there'd be no wars.
jesus had no dealings with politics and jws imitate that. they pay their taxes though.
well, mormons go my street to but they only go to one house. i wouldn't mind them going to my house and have a little chat but they don't. idk why.
i don't think that's weird at all and not all men in brooklyn will go to heaven, come on. not sure about the holy communion though.
"many christian groups", boy i wish i know who those groups are. maybe if they preached more i'd be attending their church.
early christians had groups of elders too. they also needed guidance. thats what the governing body does.

about the child abuse thats one thing that i would like to ask. sure ill try to investigate it. i'll try to ask jws and see their response. another reason why i am not a jw yet.

but again i ask you(a third time). if jws don't have the true religion who does? they are the truest imo.

another thing that's unique about jws is that they use God's name. what other religion uses God's name? hmm?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nimshi: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2008
We're talking of a religion that aids and abets the abuse of children ('¨child abuse' is putting it mildly; the appropriate expression for this crime is 'child rape'), and you're still asking if they're not the one and only true religion. When one hears stuff like that, we have to wonder at your own morality. Whatever they do, this one alone (there are other disqualifying factors, I should add) ought-to-be/is enough to disqualify them for 'best religion'.

Jesus the Christ, in teaching a powerful lesson, said that the Kingdom of the Heavens is made for those who're like children. Yet, Jehovah's Witnesses have backward policies that help their members to abuse and rape such children; this is the reason the Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses have been called a "Pedophile Paradise". And yes, they are: the religion protects child abusers, requiring that for an allegation of child rape/abuse to stick, there must be two witnesses to the event. This is as ridiculous as it is stupid: what child molester will invite others to see his crime?

And in the videos above, you find irrefutable evidence that the Jehovah's Witnesses paid $787,000 to settle one case; that's just one case. There are several others, with documented proof, proof available even in the public domain. What is more: the Jehovah's Witness organisation show no mercy to the victims of child abuses from their elders/ministerial servants/publishers: they pummel them in the courts, hoping the victims will give up because the victims do not usually have the funds to prosecute the cases while the JW organisation have lots of donated cash at their disposal.

Jehovah's Witnesses accuse the Catholic Church; yet, the Catholic Church has dealt more fairly with victims of sexual abuse that Jehovah's Witnesses have done. This cannot be a religion of God. God is not the author of child rape; God is not the author of child abuse; they can object to war all they want, they can die all they want because of refusing to accept blood transfusions; they can call "Jehovah" a million times every minute, they can knock on all the doors in the world. They're like those Jesus condemned: they pay attention to the little tiny things, but neglect the weightier matters of the law. What could be weightier than protecting the children who are not able to defend themselves?

If a religion that protects pedophiles is the "truest" religion in your opinion, then goodspeed to you. I am certain many others have other standards. The JW practice with child abuse is not Christian; it is rotten; it is not even decent.

In my next post, I will show why Jehovah's Witnesses who knock on doors are dangerous to people. From the text of my post above, this should have become clear.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:44am On Nov 11, 2008
You can imagine what the rate would be like in a lawless nation like nigeria, true religion my ass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.