Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love (3127 Views)

Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? / Its Fun, But Its Nt Funny, Its Funny-k-tion. / Many People Do Not Understand The Word Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by topup: 4:12am On Feb 28, 2010
Guy: I think sex is healthy in a relationship.
Girl: I'm planning on waiting until after marriage.
Guy: I don't want to have sex with you. I want to make love with you. Because I love you.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2010
topup:

Guy: I think intimacy is healthy in a relationship.
Girl: I'm planning on waiting until after marriage.
Guy: I don't want to have intimacy with you. I want to make love with you. Because I love you.

hahahah thats funny cos a nigerian dude actually said something like that to me, i was like what da hell
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2010
Or if you say No to s3x they shout I love you, even if you've only known them one day all just so that they can get into the kitty. grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Ebonyeyes
That's the average Naija guy for you! They believe every girl will get down at the mention of the word 'love' and also in their minds love = sex!
You speak of one day, a Naija guy can declare undying love within 2 seconds of meeting a girl!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
hbabe:

@Ebonyeyes
That's the average Naija guy for you! They believe every girl will get down at the mention of the word 'love' and also in their minds love = intimacy!
You speak of one day, a Naija guy can declare undying love within 2 seconds of meeting a girl!
Its really pathetic isnt it? A guy was trying his best to get fresh with me and I said No and then he blurted out "I LOVE YOU" grin I just laughed in his face and pushed him away he was shocked and speechless after that grin grin. Im sure that line has gotten him access before without fail. grin grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hahaha! Next time do what I do! I just tell him 'I love you too, but I do not want to get down with you and I am not playing hard to get'! I don't know if some sisters really buy those silly lines. It is really pathetic and I grew up with so much belief in love but Naija guys cured or robbed me of my belief.
Try this, a guy is caught cheating (double dating actually) and his defence is 'I don't love her the way I love you'!!!! And what he really means is that sex with her is different!
I still love Naija guys sha! Unfortunately!!!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 01, 2010
hbabe:

Hahaha! Next time do what I do! I just tell him 'I love you too, but I do not want to get down with you and I am not playing hard to get'! I don't know if some sisters really buy those silly lines. It is really pathetic and I grew up with so much belief in love but Naija guys cured or robbed me of my belief.
Try this, a guy is caught cheating (double dating actually) and his defence is 'I don't love her the way I love you'!!!! And what he really means is that intimacy with her is different!
I still love Naija guys sha! Unfortunately!!!
Me too hun, I dont believe in "LOVE" anymore.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by kokonets(m): 8:28am On Mar 01, 2010
Ebony. . . y runneth frm tha Koko tongue sad
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2010
lol hilarious.
this reminds me of that on nollywood movie "The Scorpion" with Dakore Egbuson, St Obi, and Bentia Nzeribe.
st obi walks up to dakore and says:
"hello, you are so beautiful, can i get to know you?"
she ignores him.
"i think i have fallen in love with you, i want to marry you"
LMFAO!!!!
what a mess.

"i love you, i love you, i love you" when the girl gets pregnant, its not his. and throws her out lol
but this thread is so true. they throw love around like cheap pure water. everything is love love love.
rubbish.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 01, 2010
kokonets:

Ebony. . . y runneth frm tha Koko tongue sad
Im not running away form the Koko grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Mannylex(m): 8:35am On Mar 01, 2010
See wat this guys have caused now, ladies don't longer believe in love. U guys shld get new lines jor.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2010
ROTFL @Thread

wink Hi Amaka, how you dey? Recall me from hi5  smiley
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2010
I don't have a Hi5
who are you? there are thousands of Amaka's you know.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Mannylex(m): 8:41am On Mar 01, 2010
@Ebony,I see u're a no nonsense lady, I'll never wish 2 be in dat guys shoes, he wld hv wished d ground hd swallowed him
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by kokonets(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Im not running away form the Koko grin

To me it seems u re did u get my offline messages?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 8:45am On Mar 01, 2010
That's incredible!

See ya around.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2010
Don't have a Hi5 and never did.
you've got the wrong person. and do i know you from somewhere? I DON'T THINK SO.
you're such a weirdo.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2010
kokonets:

To me it seems u re did u get my offline messages?
Well im not. No I didnt get any messages.

Mannylex:

@Ebony,I see u're a no nonsense lady, I'll never wish 2 be in dat guys shoes, he wld hv wished d ground hd swallowed him

Maybe guys should only say things they mean, thats not so difficult now is it? I dont believe in Love because Most Nigerian men have used it to mess up a lot of lives.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by kokonets(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2010
^^^ok, so howz u n how waz ya wknd wink hope u didnt miss me much cheesy
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2010
My weekend was same old, just like every other weekend. Yes I missed you grin grin How was your weekend?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by kokonets(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2010
same old makes the wknd borin dont ya think? guessed u ate custard and bread again grin grin grin grin my wknd was cool!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2010
grin smiley
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 9:20am On Mar 01, 2010
1) I don't have a Hi5 account. so whoever you think i am, get that outta your head fast.
have even had people bombard me with FB accounts thinking its me.
some people need to get a life and stop trying to snoop for NLers, cause guess what, YOU FAIL!!!!
I don't want your 419 spam mail, keep it.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 9:22am On Mar 01, 2010
^^^ Ouch. That hurt! Okay, my nickname is #########, if you can remember that. Happy now?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 9:23am On Mar 01, 2010
NOPE!!
and how can i help you? why the bleep are you trying to snoop on me?
tired of writing here, YIM me
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 9:25am On Mar 01, 2010
Sigh. Forget it, Amaka. I was just saying hi, and there you go once again. I already YIMed you by the time you spoke of 1000 Amakas.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2010
i wasn't on. YIM again.
let me break something down to you. . . okay?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2010
No, it doesn't matter. Have a good time and take care.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 9:29am On Mar 01, 2010
no, i need to discuss something with you, so YIM me PLEASE. 5 minutes. i promise i wont take long cool
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2010
Okay then.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by THEAMAKA(f): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2010
HEELLLOOOOOOO. shocked
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by InesQor(m): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

HEELLLOOOOOOO. shocked
Going by your clock, you have a little over 3 minutes left, Amaka. LOL. Maybe you have blocked me, that's why you can't get my messages cos I have been sending 'em.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The PHOBIA Of Guys Approaching A Girl: Is It Natural Or Unusual? / 7 Signs That Shows She Wants You / Share A Throwback Picture Of You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.