Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love (3119 Views)

Why is the use of the word "love" overrated? / Its Fun, But Its Nt Funny, Its Funny-k-tion. / Many People Do Not Understand The Word Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
well thats all i got to say
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by SisiKill1: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
Scenario 1
Boy - Hi

Girl - Hello

Boy - Are you new here. . .don't think we've met.

Girl - Yeah, i just moved in 30mins ago

Boy - Really? (Pause) I LOVE you.

Girl -huh?

Scenario 2
Girl - Hi, do you remember me? I'm mimi's cousin and we met that time 50yrs ago.

Boy - oh yes i remember. Your name is Bisi right?

Girl - close. . . Fatima. So how are you?

Boy - i'm fine. You?

Girl - Na wa, you don't even ask after me.

Boy - i'm so sorry, i've been busy.

Girl - You are going to make it up to me oh.

Boy - how about i take you to lunch. What do you say. . .Mr. Biggs?

Girl - I LOVE you.

@OP
Like that. . .You mean?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 1:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^  lol grin
you are on the line
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Sauron1: 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ Sisi_Kill,

U have been spoilt by Nollywood. grin grin grin grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2010
We are a nation of 'loving' people! Every single feeling one has for the opposite gender is termed 'love'! Words like lust, attraction, like, intimacy, admiration etc are put under one word LOVE in Nigeria.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2010
so when i am lusting over a sexy nake4d sizzling man, i should just tell him i love him

ok grin grin grin

why the bleep did seun censor nakeeed
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nayah(f): 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2010
lolhbabe!!!!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by SisiKill1: 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
@sauron
Nollywood? How you hurt me!Gah! I'm so offended and hurt and just very angry sad

I LOVE you.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
i love u all too grin grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by whitesturd(f): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2010
lol.funny thread.love u peeps too all of you. smiley grin grin grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Lovemoi2
Yes! Even when you are just admiring his shoes or shirt!
'I love you die' sounds better than 'Nice shoes you have!'
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by otawa: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
hbabe:

We are a nation of 'loving' people! Every single feeling one has for the opposite gender is termed 'love'! Words like lust, attraction, like, intimacy, admiration etc are put under one word LOVE in Nigeria.

may be we just like to keep things SIMPLE
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^^
so telling a girl you just met that you have fallen inlove with her is simple undecided
anyway
i love u grin
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Mannylex(m): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
The word love has long lost it's value in Nigeria. Lovemoi, nice name u have there, I LOVE you.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by otawa: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2010
lovemoi2:

^^^
so telling a girl you just met that you have fallen inlove with her is simple undecided
anyway
i love u grin

You are making a big mistake. I love you in Nigeria has various meaning than what it is in WEST.

It a cultural thing. You need to grow up in Nigeria to appreciate it what are embedded inside it.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Otawa
Yes o! Easier to keep it simple than to waste time trying to separate the feelings into where they actually fit.
BTW I love you!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^^^^^
hahahahahahaha
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by otawa: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
hbabe:

@Otawa
Yes o! Easier to keep it simple than to waste time trying to separate the feelings into where they actually fit.
BTW I love you!

Yep, that is it hbabe. Spread the love. we have too much 'hate' in this world.

did you eventually find your over size 7"?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Mannylex(m): 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
ah hbabe, u're here, how's ur weekend. I LOVE u.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Otawa
Love all the way the Naija style, its the only way to go! Let me state an example, I get to a party looking real good and a Naija guy walks up to me and says 'you look great, girl. I love you!'. A non Nigerian wwould have been confused but as a Naija girl I knew my Naija brother was telling me he admired me in the outfit.

Hmmm
That was light years ago! I discovered Accopen and we have been together ever since! And of course I love him! Hehehehe
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Mannylex
I am here o! My weekend is showing great potentials! I love you too!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Donvilo(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
, smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by yme1(f): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2010
you get stuff like
from the very first time i saw you in my hood i must confess i fell inlove with you undecided
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2010
How about someone telling you that within seconds of setting eyes on you? I don't believe in love at ist sight so that's just plain old lust. In the mean time, I love you all kiss kiss kiss
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by essarios(m): 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
lets see if in Nigeria any relationship would be true without the word when the girl need to hear it.
i'll love to see that happen.
ooops i said it.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Mannylex(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ebonyeyes, I don't just know why, but I LOVE u.
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
Mannylex:

Ebonyeyes, I don't just know why, but I LOVE u.
From the moment I set my ebonyeyes on your name, I fell in love kiss kiss
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by Moyola(f): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
hehe!

I loff yu, I loff yu! tongue
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by otawa: 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2010
hbabe:

@Otawa
Love all the way the Naija style, its the only way to go! Let me state an example, I get to a party looking real good and a Naija guy walks up to me and says 'you look great, girl. I love you!'. A non Nigerian wwould have been confused but as a Naija girl I knew my Naija brother was telling me he admired me in the outfit.

Hmmm
That was light years ago! I discovered Accopen and we have been together ever since! And of course I love him! Hehehehe

ahh, You must be on fast-lane. wetin be Accopen? is that Mr Lova Lova?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by hbabe(f): 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2010
Otawa, na my guy name u dey take play like that? Accopen is the man of my dreams whom I discovered in Nairaland!
I love Nairaland too!
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by otawa: 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
hbabe:

Otawa, na my guy name u dey take play like that? Accopen is the man of my dreams whom I discovered in Nairaland!
I love Nairaland too!

make you and your guy no vex. but wetin you go do when you wake-up from the dreams?
Re: Its Funny How Nigerians Use The Word Love by lovemoi2(f): 1:07am On Feb 28, 2010
essarios:

lets see if in Nigeria any relationship would be true without the word when the girl need to hear it.
i'll love to see that happen.
ooops i said it.
you must be talking about the kind of girls u mingle with

well i think its irritating when a guy i just met says he is already inlove, big turn off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Women Marry Arrogant Men? / How Would Ur Girlfriend Put Her Pix With Anoda Guy As Her Bb Display Pixs? / My Tinsel Town...how Far With The TV Soap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.