Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW (25828 Views)

Reps Want Police, Mining, Power Generation To Leave Exclusive List / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by sleemfesh: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
PHILipu1:

Generating power is one stage and distributing it is another stage.
Ask your local distribution company why you don't have power.

Story for the gods. And who is going to cultivate the land for me so I can pay for the light bill? Or you think I'm jobless?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Odingo1: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
vedaxcool:

Check cownu smelling shiit hole for the remainder of your electricity needs.
What did Igbo people do to you that you hate them so much like this, if they say they want one Nigeria you people will start calling them names like second class citizen and so on,if they say they dont want again you people will say kill them and the worst part of it is that they have not rule Nigeria for a very long time almost 50 years and Nigeria as mess up country cannot be put on their head.
Why all this hatred on Igbos?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

The light in my area has become almost fully steady.

If it is off for a while, you can be sure it will be restored within a short time.

Mr Fashola is doing well

Sometimes I wonder what so many followers of APC and not good governance gain.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by gurunlocker: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
vedaxcool:

True like one salad guy on nairaland who lies he does not have light for weeks as if he lives in a jungle

Don't lie, do you believe this news? if yes, how many hours light do you have in your state/area?.... Just be truthful for this one moment.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by ba7man(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

If it is off for a while, you can be sure it will be restored within a short time.

Mr Fashola is doing well
For over a month now, Power has been stable at my end too.

It's only expected that it's the PDP online rats and Igbos that can't believe it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by GavelSlam: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
clarocuzioo:
We barely have 10hrs of power supply in Aba, please where is the megawatts generated, apc and propaganda, later they will come to the media to warn against propaganda but they are the propaganda-in-chief,
But we won't forget so soon, "Any government that cannot provide power for it's citizen in six months is irresponsible" - Babatunde Raji Fashola.

In Aba?

But you know na.

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by ikp120(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
Trash!

angry

The shìt didn't change shìt here. They're still giving us 3 hours light on and off.

All na for book e dey.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by UsySanusi(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
100% of it goes to the consumer
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by GavelSlam: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
crazygod:
I no get light for hia o cry
Where be there?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Reference(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
Great development. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

Mr Fashola is doing well

bros abeg u guys should engage in stupidity just because the minister for power is a Yoruba man. We know what 7000MW is and we know it ain't here. If u have any sense, u would know that nigeria can't spend 2 - 3 billion dollars to generate 2000 - 3000 megawatts (1 million average per MW as average price worldwide) if they can't distribute it.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
idupaul:
Lies from the pits of hell ..yet I don't have electricity for upto 6 hours a day
ah, your own better oo...
so u dey see 18hrs light everyday and u dey complain..
try to reach my side first...

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by jamace(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Who forced you to live in the bush?

Come out to city and experience the difference

I enjoy 18hrsaa daily electricity supply here in Enugu.
grin I am not living in the evil forest o. I live in a big city BUT power supply only visits us. grin
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Harrynight(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
and den sumwher in Lag i only get to c only 5hrs of supply in every 24 hrs
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by SirLakes: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
No wonder, d wey we take dey get electricity for her.....e dey fall from sky sef

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Yoshy: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
That's my face as I read this nonsense, I haven't seen light for days now and it's hitting all time high

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by maklelemakukula(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
i can barely remember how many times I did not give 200 naira to the laundryman to iron my work clothes. this crap news is only on paper, it isnt reflecting in my area
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by gotnel: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
We just need light. Enough about generation without transmission.
Let there be light
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by GavelSlam: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
ba7man:
For over a month now, Power has been stable at my end too.

It's only expected that it's the PDP online rats and Igbos that can't believe it.

Where's your end?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by donblade85555(m): 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
idupaul:
Lies from the pits of hell ..yet I don't have electricity for upto 6 hours a day
we are having light 23 hours everyday since on Monday here in sapele, delta state oh.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Frankdamaxx(m): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
This news be like audio. We dey hear am but we no dey see the video.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Gamesmart: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
gabe:
Nigeria's power generation capacity has been around 6000-7000MW for up to 2-3 years now. The only problem has been they are mostly gas turbines and some 'patriotic' nigerians have been blowing up pipelines that supply them, limiting output. The major problem now is that of transmission, because the old lines cannot absorb up to the 7000MW. That should be govt's focus, because they still control transmission. I'll suggest all state governors help to improve transmission installations in their states. Benue did it under Gov Suswan and today, makurdi and environs enjoy stable power of up to 15 hours+ daily. While I've not had light in owerri for 3 days! angry

Well Nigeria's power generating capacity is now 12,000MW.

The 7,000MW you are seeing is what is actually generated, not generating capacity.

Under the corrupt fool of Otuoke, the maximum generated was in the 4,000s. While generating capacity was around 6000-7000MW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by vedaxcool(m): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
gurunlocker:

Don't lie, do you believe this news? if yes, how many hours light do you have in your state/area?.... Just be truthful for this one moment.

Yes, 12 - 18 hrs
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Tecno66: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
I dont believe it until power supply improves in my house.
veraponpo:
On September 12 this year (2017) Nigeria’s power production reached an all-time peak of 7,001 MW, indicating that Africa’s largest economy now has the capacity to produce more power than it can distribute. In May last year, Babatunde Fashola, minister of Power Works, and Housing, unveiled what he called an incremental power policy as a…

This content is for Standard & Premium Digital Subscribers only.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/power-generation-hits-time-high-7001mw/
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by donblade85555(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hafsat24:
Well as for me whenever i decide to put on the gen i realise it requires sevicing simply because its not been in use for a long time..ive had at least 20-22hrs power supply in 3yrs of moving to Abuja..hopefully power supply will get better in other areas soon
like seriously? are you leaving in aso rock?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by erinalex: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air. APC is just desperate to find at least one campaign point.... but sorry this one cant fly. We are in total darkness even in rainy season

Again, Fools everywhere
I voted for pmb, but I have stopped supporting him. But unlike u,I don't have a pre determined mind, I'm a realist,I believe what I see. What I see in my area " demurin ketu Lagos ",is that there have been a considerable improvement in power supply, I enjoys 18hrs supply in a day since few weeks ago. I can't say of ur own area though. Don't always quick to dispel any seemingly good news and don't always appear happy with any bad news in Nigeria. U can make ur point without using foul words like " fools".

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by vedaxcool(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
[s]
Odingo1:

What did Igbo people do to you that you hate them so much like this, if they say they want one Nigeria you people will start calling them names like second class citizen and so on,if they say they dont want again you people will say kill them and the worst part of it is that they have not rule Nigeria for a very long time almost 50 years and Nigeria as mess up country cannot be put on their head.
Why all this hatred on Igbos?
[/s]

liar

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Iamzik: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
It's not about generation. It's about transmission.

If you like generate 100,000MW if all these substations are not replaced the consumer will not notice any change

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by fasty: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air. APC is just desperate to find at least one campaign point.... but sorry this one cant fly. We are in total darkness even in rainy season

Again, Fools everywhere

The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW (courtesy of three)

http://www.pwh.gov.ng/management/manage/webpages/reg_upload/uploads_images/14900192759855.pdf

Pls which side you dey for naija

Cox here in Ib metropolis, I can say there's roughly 18hrs/day lightup... Quote and unquote.... We don't have to belittle what are feasible to the blind.

Not campaigning...
As a concerned Nigeria, if the power generation can be increase exponentially and the road network can be improved and fixed .....

I hope this will attract investors and encourage the SME's

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by gabe: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
Gamesmart:

Well Nigeria's power generating capacity is now 12,000MW.

The 7,000MW you are seeing is what is actually generated, not generating capacity.

Under the corrupt fool of Otuoke, the maximum generated was in the 4,000s. While generating capacity was around 6000-7000MW.

wow, thanks for the correction. Good to know...
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Senigentle(m): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
If there is no constant power supply in your area, it is likely that your state government is not providing substations and adequate transformer for proper power distribution.

Try to appreciate goodnews when u hear one so that good news will always locate you.

Gooddos to APC

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Hafsat24(f): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
donblade85555:
like seriously? are you leaving in aso rock?

cheesy cheesy cheesy.. Aso rock ke..not at all but seriously the light here has been great..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: Jubilation In Gaidam Town As Rescued Yobe Schoolgirls Arrive / Tinubu CSU Certificate: Time For All Nigerians To Speak Up" - Deacon Afolabi / Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.