Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW (25826 Views)

Reps Want Police, Mining, Power Generation To Leave Exclusive List / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by muller101(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wait till dry season sets in fully.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by ausproxi(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Yet there's total black out in Ekpoma for over 2 weeks and still counting. SMH
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Balkan(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lies when l have not had light since yesterday
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by tragergeorge(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
jamace:
On paper?

I can see darkness everywhere.
not in sapele though, I hope this is true cos we enjoying constant power for almost over a week now
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by agitator: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

If you hear that power has dropped to 1000 MW, you will easily believe it but it is hard for you to believe a good news with positive impact on lives and properties.

You need deliverance ASAP.

Believing positive news will not provide the service, neither will not believing prevent or disrupt the service, if it is good. wink wink wink
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by ejembi28(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Bros, u are very right I experience same when I was in makurdi for almost a week,they barely size light and if they do, it will be brought back in less 20 mins
gabe:
Nigeria's power generation capacity has been around 6000-7000MW for up to 2-3 years now. The only problem has been they are mostly gas turbines and some 'patriotic' nigerians have been blowing up pipelines that supply them, limiting output. The major problem now is that of transmission, because the old lines cannot absorb up to the 7000MW. That should be govt's focus, because they still control transmission. I'll suggest all state governors help to improve transmission installations in their states. Benue did it under Gov Suswan and today, makurdi and environs enjoy stable power of up to 15 hours+ daily. While I've not had light in owerri for 3 days! angry Nigeria's power generation capacity has been around 6000-7000MW for up to 2-3 years now. The only problem has been they are mostly gas turbines and some 'patriotic' nigerians have been blowing up pipelines that supply them, limiting output. The major problem now is that of transmission, because the old lines cannot absorb up to the 7000MW. That should be govt's focus, because they still control transmission. I'll suggest all state governors help to improve transmission installations in their states. Benue did it under Gov Suswan and today, makurdi and environs enjoy stable power of up to 15 hours+ daily. While I've not had light in owerri for 3 days!

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by jericco1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
No wonder, there's been light for five straight days... Just took it coz of the stupid rain!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by COMPAQ(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air. APC is just desperate to find at least one campaign point.... but sorry this one cant fly. We are in total darkness even in rainy season

Again, Fools everywhere

The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW (courtesy of three)

http://www.pwh.gov.ng/management/manage/webpages/reg_upload/uploads_images/14900192759855.pdf

You shouldn't be in a rush to insult and criticize! if you'd only spare some time to think, you might realize the answer to your own question.

We do not need any further capital investment to generate more power, because we have thousands of megawatts stranded because we have no gas to fire them! So all that is needed is more gas and pronto, the power plants produce more power!!

Now I am not saying that we actually DID produce 700+Mw, I'm just giving you reasons why it COULD have been possible.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by IMASTEX: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

If you hear that power has dropped to 1000 MW, you will easily believe it but it is hard for you to believe a good news with positive impact on lives and properties
That is because the people don't need to be told that power has increased or things are getting better. It is the people that should be commending the government that things have improved from personal experience.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Pavore9: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

shocked shocked

Is a lie!

It is cheaper for them to get those bulbs out of usage while restricting new ones from entering the market. They started this some years back, Google it.

Just as Kenya has ban the use of "nylon bag" as it is now a criminal offence to be seen with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by coalcoal1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
hmmm
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by ashjay001(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air. APC is just desperate to find at least one campaign point.... but sorry this one cant fly. We are in total darkness even in rainy season

Again, Fools everywhere

The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW (courtesy of three)

http://www.pwh.gov.ng/management/manage/webpages/reg_upload/uploads_images/14900192759855.pdf

Be careful who u label a fool. Feb 2016, they generated 6000mw, so an addition of 1000, in over year with the several ipp projects coming on board, isnt too much!

4000mw generated last week is not full capacity, n was supposed to be because of sundry faults, not that they sold d generating equipments!

Use ur medula oblangata small na?

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by clarocuzioo(m): 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
GavelSlam:

In Aba?

But you know na.

Please expansiate?? I don't understand.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by mechanics(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wow, no wonder power has improve in my area, no more protest for now.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by jconsulting(f): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
I can see that is Nigerians that did not want this country to progress to much of hate, I have been enjoying light in my house like never before my gen is on holiday , am an Igbo man mind you

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by veraponpo(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
three:

Ehm... The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW

Somebody seems to have conveniently mixed up actual generation with "peak generation CAPABILITY" ( which is 7099MW)

You mean peak generation does not mean power generation, is it water generation?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by promizbob(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
more than two weeks now we no get light fr here
that one Na apc change speech no lite no lite dt is it
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Bobnotrouble: 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Again, Fools everywhere

Miserable pessimists everywhere

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by clems88(m): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
Could this be the reason why we'v been having light undecided well I think its because of the rain

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by RichardKajola(m): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
It seems my area is different because there is constant electricity in Jos here
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by me69: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
aba did country is capable
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by RichardKajola(m): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
jconsulting:
I can see that is Nigerians that did not want this country to progress to much of hate, I have been enjoying light in my house like never before my gen is on holiday , am an Igbo man mind you
Did u just say man
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by frankihima(m): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Again, Fools everywhere

my area have light for five days without interruption .

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by omokab: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
jamace:
On paper?

I can see darkness everywhere.
you should only talk of your own area not everywhere.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by hahn(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:

It is cheaper for them to get those bulbs out of usage while restricting new ones from entering the market. They started this some years back, Google it.

Just as Kenya has ban the use of "nylon bag" as it is now a criminal offence to be seen with it.

Wow. Now that is what you call a country that knows what it wants smiley

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by hahn(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:

I wanted to ask, how do supermarkets and stores package their goods to customers since the ban?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by idupaul: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
donblade85555:
we are having light 23 hours everyday since on Monday here in sapele, delta state oh.

It seems Fashola has set up a data for yiu guys to be lying from grin ..so before Monday how many hours were you getting
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Pavore9: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

I wanted to ask, how do supermarkets and stores package their goods to customers since the ban?

Eco-friendly carrier bag. You go shopping with the carrier bag or you pay for a new one at the store.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by hahn(m): 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:

Eco-friendly carrier bag. You go shopping with the carrier bag or you pay for a new one at the store.

Do you have a picture?

Modified

I just Googled the pics. No a bad idea
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Hectarus(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Again, Fools everywhere

Oga, did you read of how Discos have been rejecting up to 1000MW of electricity on a daily basis? I for one have never doubted the capability of existing infrastructure in generation-Infact, gas supply has been on the increase, the rainy season is here thus the Gencos are generating but bros, you and I know that the discos are thecrooks-they are the weak link in this value chain..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by FEGNO: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
APC wash wash. Is this coming from Lie Mohammed? Nigeria has never been in more darkness than at this point in time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Obtains Court Order To Detain Fayose For Two Weeks / Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Aregbesola Absent At APC Rally For Ondo 2016 Election / Ortom Presents Documents To Indict Presidency, Defence Minister, IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.