Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW (25830 Views)

Reps Want Police, Mining, Power Generation To Leave Exclusive List / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Pavore9: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

Do you have a picture?

Modified

I just Googled the pics. No a bad idea

While they focus on cleaning up the plastic waste already accumulated over the decades, recycling them into other environmental friendly products such as sign posts, seats etc.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by bejeria101(m): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
We dnt have light!
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by 9jatatafo(m): 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Who is deceiving who?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by hahn(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:

While they focus on cleaning up the plastic waste already accumulated over the decades, recycling them into other environmental friendly products such as sign posts, seats etc.

I can imagine. Very good initiative by the Kenyan government

We are still boasting of 7100MW grin
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by necoD: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

If you hear that power has dropped to 1000 MW, you will easily believe it but it is hard for you to believe a good news with positive impact on lives and properties.

You get it wrong. We don't need to hear. We need to experience it.

You need deliverance ASAP.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Paulancebay(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
7000MW on 5000MW Capacity gridline?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by sunbilor(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Paulancebay:
7000MW on 5000MW Capacity gridline?
I do not think all generated energy are evacuated.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Abagworo(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
The promise is 10,000 megawatts. Sai Baba.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by mapet: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
Blue3k:

Africa’s largest economy now has the capacity to produce more power than it can distribute.

Well that's no good.

This was my fear 2 years ago, when I attended "Ehingbeti 2015" (Lagos Economic Summit). We had transmission capacity of 12GW but over 60%were obsolete

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Barzinime(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
What do you know about power?
Oh Wise One!
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air. APC is just desperate to find at least one campaign point.... but sorry this one cant fly. We are in total darkness even in rainy season

Again, Fools everywhere

The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW (courtesy of three)

http://www.pwh.gov.ng/management/manage/webpages/reg_upload/uploads_images/14900192759855.pdf

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by AFONJAboiy: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by mapet: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
macphilip:
but my generator has been on for the past 2 days
I think the light is only in Sambisa

Or you live in Sambisa

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by 36pripa(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
Many people are asking why the power generation is high and there is no electricity. This is because the discos don't have capacity to distribute the power generated, hence causing power wastage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Bsure: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

The light in my area has become almost fully steady.

If it is off for a while, you can be sure it will be restored within a short time.

Mr Fashola is doing well
Same here! No wonder AEDC havent blinked our light for 5days and counting even with the heavy rains and thunder... We pray the Niger Deltans dont blow up the pipelines again. Nigeria's problem are Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by xxgig(m): 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

If it is off for a while, you can be sure it will be restored within a short time.

Mr Fashola is doing well
Same thing in my Area. For three days now, the power supply as been awesome.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by donblade85555(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
idupaul:

It seems Fashola has set up a data for yiu guys to be lying from grin ..so before Monday how many hours were you getting
wetin consign me and fashola? I be Yoruba? abeg ask anybody wae u know from sapele, delta state. or go Facebook make u find people way dae sapele there go tell you.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Abeyjide: 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2017
how come electricity in my area is epileptic now and before was stable when it was around 3400mw
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by 989900: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hectarus:
Oga, did you read of how Discos have been rejecting up to 1000MW of electricity on a daily basis? I for one have never doubted the capability of existing infrastructure in generation-Infact, gas supply has been on the increase, the rainy season is here thus the Gencos are generating but bros, you and I know that the discos are thecrooks-they are the weak link in this value chain..

Exactly!
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by anyaekekehinde(m): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
obailala:
Installed capacity has always been above 10,000mw. You dont need to be a genius to know that only some maintenance works and availability of gas (not necessarily major capital investment) can boost power generation significantly.
Lies

You need massive and highly capital intensive infrastructure development in both Transmission and Distribution network to be able to handle 7000MW.
Transmission capacity as at last quarter hoveered around 5000MW
One thing about Electricity that people dont know is you cant store it.
As you Generate, there must be people downstream to consume
Power generated = Power demanded + losses.

So its a lie that 7000MW was generated, because where is the Transmission and Distrubtion Network to handle it
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by WiseFool2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

Mr Fashola is doing well
Here in sapele, delta state, we are wondering if we are still in Nigeria.You will have to off your refrigerator, if it's a freezer that u have, if not u wouldn't see cold water to drink. First time for me to see electricity of 18+ hours. We dey use light dey tire here.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Yinkaotunba123: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
I trust you? Doubting Thomas.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Rick9(m): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Engineers in the house, I have this question,
How exactly is this MegaWatts generated, and why can't Nigeria generate up to 20,000MW ?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Ahmeduana(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Thanks to raining ☔ season!
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Gamesmart: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
anyaekekehinde:

Lies

You need massive and highly capital intensive infrastructure development in both Transmission and Distribution network to be able to handle 7000MW.

So its a lie that 7000MW was generated, because where is the Transmission and Distrubtion Network to handle it

I hope you know Nigeria supplies power to Togo, Benin and Niger?
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by maxzzo1(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Na lie....big one...
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by obailala(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
anyaekekehinde:

Lies

What exactly is a LIE there? Are you sure you bothered reading the report before compulsively jumping into this your conclusions?... Did you read the part where it said 7001mw was power 'generated'?... You are busy talking of Transmission and Distribution.

A country that has had installed generating capacity of up to 12,000mw for ages does not need any massive capital investment to yank its generation from 3000mw to 7000mw; all that is needed is some turn-around maintenance on already existing but non-functional power turbines, in addition to improving supply of gas to power stations.

By the way, Transmission capacity has recently been upgraded from 5000mw in 2015 to 6700mw recently. So the real problem currently is in Distribution, the useless DISCOs who don't havewhat it takes to be DISCOs.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Kiakia(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:
On September 12 this year (2017) Nigeria’s power production reached an all-time peak of 7,001 MW, indicating that Africa’s largest economy now has the capacity to produce more power than it can distribute. In May last year, Babatunde Fashola, minister of Power Works, and Housing, unveiled what he called an incremental power policy as a…

This content is for Standard & Premium Digital Subscribers only.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/power-generation-hits-time-high-7001mw/
Propaganda! When power generation reaches all time high, we will know.
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Gamesmart: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
Rick9:
Engineers in the house, I have this question,
How exactly is this MegaWatts generated, and why can't Nigeria generate up to 20,000MW ?

Through dams (hydro), thermal plants (steam) and Gas plants (gas).

To get 20,000MW requires investment, aka money.

Jonathan's era - they saw the money for investing in power as 'yam', a gorilla was in power and he allowed goats to eat yam.

Buhari's era - drop in oil prices meant recession. Goats had also emptied the reserves.

Nigeria is at 12,000MW installed capacity and generates between 4,000MW to 7,000MW.

So to be able to generate 20,000MW, lets say we would need at least 30,000MW installed capacity.

An increase of about 18,000MW from current installed capacity.

The cheapest cost of constructing 1MW comes to around $1m.

That means we would need $1m x 18,000MW investment in power infrastructure.

That is $18bn! Saraki, Ekweremandu, Melaye and co still have to chop money before we can find that. Jonathan don waste the money wey we get before.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
Gamesmart:

I hope you know Nigeria supplies power to Togo, Benin and Niger?

Yes and so??
I can give you more details.
The Line is called Sakate 330KV line, on about 202MW from Ikeja West RTC.
So because Nigeria supplies Togo/Benin light, does it mean we have huge Transmission capacity??7
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Gamesmart: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
anyaekekehinde:

Yes and so??
I can give you more details.
The Line is called Sakate 330KV line, on about 202MW from Ikeja West RTC.
So because Nigeria supplies Togo/Benin light, does it mean we have huge Transmission capacity??7

Because we don't have transmission capacity does not mean the generation stated was a lie.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
obailala:
What exactly is a LIE there? Are you sure you bothered reading the report before compulsively jumping into this your conclusions?... Did you read the part where it said 7001mw was power 'generated'?... You are busy talking of Transmission and Distribution.

A country that has had installed generating capacity of up to 12,000mw for ages does not need any massive capital investment to yank its generation from 3000mw to 7000mw; all that is needed is some turn-around maintenance on already existing but non-functional power turbines, in addition to improving supply of gas to power stations.

By the way, Transmission capacity has recently been upgraded from 5000mw in 2015 to 6700mw recently. So the real problem currently is in Distribution, the useless DISCOs who don't havewhat it takes to be DISCOs.

The lie is they cant generate 7000MW,
For you to say they generate 7000MW, it means7000MW is being fed into the power pool called grid and that 7000MW is being consumed or lets say 6000MW is being consumed by the discos assuming there is wild assumption of 1000MW loss.
Even at that disco cant absorb 6000MW.

The rule is your dont generate what is not being consumed hence the system will collapse due to over voltage or over frequency, but on the day that was quoted for the 7000MW , there was no system collapse, so where did the 7000MW go to .or was it stored on the grid.. Lol
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Gamesmart:

Because we don't have transmission capacity does not mean the generation stated was a lie.

Yes..
Because you dont generate what is not being consumed.

Else the system will collapse due to over voltage or over frequency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John James Akpanudoedehe Dumps APC, Heads To NNPP / Cold War In Tinubu’s House Over Speakership, SGF, CoS - Leadership / INEC Result Sheet For Presidential Election In Bauchi Found In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.