Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

All Sufficient God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Sufficient God? (5137 Views)

What's The Meaning Of 'God's Grace Is Sufficient for us?' / God's Grace Is Not Sufficient For The Wicked But For The Righteous... / Is Religion Sufficient For Salvation Of Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
If God is Self-sufficient, why would money always be solicited on his behalf?

Why will a God request for things from humans if he is all sufficient? Only the needy request for things, no?

Why does the all sufficient sound and behave in such a very needy manner?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
dalaman:

Why will a God request for things from humans if he is all sufficient? Only the needy request for things, no?

Calm Down, Dont Rush Wait and See
Because God deserve it,
Parents have strength of their own yet they sent the children on errand does that make them less a parent?

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Because God deserve it,
Parents have strength of their own yet they sent the children on errand does that make them less a parent?

What's this?

An alleged all sufficient God begs people for money and says they rob him because they refuse to give him.
How is he all sufficient?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Sufficient God? by Nuhvey(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Because God deserve it,
How does this correlate with the Op?
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nuhvey:

How does this correlate with the Op?

I tire o.

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2017
God is all sufficient. Man made gods are in need of money always because the creators (men) can't do without money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Because God deserve it,

Your god better get a job and stop begging upandan. God of bambi allahs. Omni begging god tongue

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by frank317: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Because God deserve it,

Are u sure u are ok?
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2017
frank317:

Are u sure u are ok?

He is obviously not cheesy grin
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 11:07am On Sep 18, 2017
hahn:

Your god better get a job and stop begging upandan. God of bambi allahs. Omni begging god tongue

grin
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 11:11am On Sep 18, 2017
dalaman:

What's this?

An alleged all sufficient God begs people for money and says they rob him because they refuse to give him.
How is he all sufficient?

Can you back up your claims with evidence scripturally?

I need to see where God begs people for money where he says they "rob him because they refuse to give to him" and then we would discuss it from there.
Re: All Sufficient God? by superhumanist(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2017
dalaman:

The easy answer is that many pastors use this as a pretext to collect money from the sheep in church.

As a deist, I refuse to believe in a personal god that demands money from his or her followers.

It is only a useless parent that will impose tax on the children.
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2017
superhumanist:

The easy answer is that many pastors use this as a pretext to collect money from the sheep in church.

As a deist, I refuse to believe in a personal god that demands money from his or her followers.

It is only a useless parent that will impose tax on the children.

Are you calling Jehovah useless? shocked
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2017
butterflylion:

I need to see where God begs people for money where he says they "rob him because they refuse to give to him" and then we would discuss it from there.

Many pastors that speak on behalf of God say that all the time and they say that God told them to say it. Even in the scriptures God still says that people rob him in tithe and offering.

"Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' "In tithes and offerings".

I want to know how an all sufficient God will need people to give him anything in the first place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 11:32am On Sep 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Malachi 3:8

"Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' "In tithes and offerings.

From the words of the omnibeggar itself smiley
Re: All Sufficient God? by Nuhvey(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2017
dalaman:

Many pastors that speak on behalf of God say that all the time and they say that God told them to say it. Even in the scriptures God still says that people rob him in tithe and offering.

"Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' "In tithes and offerings".

I want to know how an all sufficient God will need people to give him anything in the first place.

Epic grin.. He will na come and start twisting the words, and subsequently end up derailing the thread
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2017
dalaman:

You somehow had to include that pastors speak "on behalf of God" in that scripture when the scripture speaks for itself and it's history is also found in the same scripture.

Numbers 18:20-21, NKJV. “Then the LORD said to Aaron: “You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel. “Behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tithes in Israel as an inheritance in return for the work which they perform, the work of the tabernacle of meeting.

Deuteronomy 14:22-23, “You must tithe all of your crops every year. Bring this tithe to eat before the Lord your God at the place he shall choose as his sanctuary; this applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn of your flocks and herds.

You can clearly see God first say the tithe is for the levites and also say that it's for the people. So where did He say it was for himself?

Psalm 50:10-12, NKJV. “For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are Mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you; for the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

Anything about tithes and offerings simply is God trying to teach us to put him first and since God is love it means we are being asked to put love first.

1st John 4: 7-8 "Beloved let us love one another, for love is of God and everyone that loves is born of God, the one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

1st John 4:20

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Jesus in confirmation said this in Mathew 25: 31 -45

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.

I am sure you can see Jesus talking about our actions (be they positive or negative) towards our fellow humans as being done unto him. Would you also say Jesus was the one in jail, hungry, in prison, homeless, without clothes?. God is simply teaching us how to love and be selfless.

Try and understand scripture before opening threads.

Cc hahn.

Cc Nuhvey
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
butterflylion:

[s]You somehow had to include that pastors speak "on behalf of God" in that scripture when the scripture speaks for itself and it's history is also found in the same scripture.

Numbers 18:20-21, NKJV. “Then the LORD said to Aaron: “You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel. “Behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tithes in Israel as an inheritance in return for the work which they perform, the work of the tabernacle of meeting.

Deuteronomy 14:22-23, “You must tithe all of your crops every year. Bring this tithe to eat before the Lord your God at the place he shall choose as his sanctuary; this applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn of your flocks and herds.

You can clearly see God first say the tithe is for the levites and also say that it's for the people. So where did He say it was for himself?

Psalm 50:10-12, NKJV. “For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are Mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you; for the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

Anything about tithes and offerings simply is God trying to teach us to put him first and since God is love it means we are being asked to put love first.

1st John 4: 7-8 "Beloved let us love one another, for love is of God and everyone that loves is born of God, the one who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.

I am sure you can see Jesus talking about our actions (be they positive or negative) towards our fellow humans as being done unto him. Would you also say Jesus was the one in jail, hungry, in prison, homeless, without clothes?. God is simply teaching us how to love and be selfless.

Cc hahn.

Cc Nuhvey[/s]

Absolute nonsense undecided

4 Likes

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
hahn:

Absolute nonsense undecided

grin cheesy

When your argument has been roundly defeated you resort to your default position of your senseless meme. grin

Try not to look so desperate next time when trying to refute my response which by the way is 100% scripturally sound and solid.

Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
butterflylion:

grin cheesy

When your argument has been roundly defeated you resort to your default position of your senseless meme. grin

Try not to look so desperate next time when trying to refute my response which by the way is 100% scripturally sound and solid.

Why didn't you address the bible verse I sent to you?

These tactics are old bro
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
hahn:

Malachi 3:8

"Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' "In tithes and offerings.

From the words of the omnibeggar itself smiley

butterflylion, address this bible verse and stop posting irrelevant epistles undecided
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
hahn:

Why didn't you address the bible verse I sent to you?

These tactics are old bro

I already did by first taking you to numbers 18: 20 and running you through Deuteronomy 14:22 and Psalm 50:10 and 1st John 4:7 - 8 and 1st John 4:20 and finally Mathew 25:31-45 so you would get the gist of Malachi 3:8 -10

So if after giving you from foundation to lintel to roof you still feign ignorance then....

Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
butterflylion:

I already did by first taking you to numbers 18: 20 and running you through Deuteronomy 14:22 and Psalm 50:10 and 1st John 4:7 - 8 and 1st John 4:20 and finally Mathew 25:31-45 so you would get the gist of Malachi 3:10

So if after giving you from foundation to lintel to roof you still feign ignorance then....

Lol

I love the way you deceive yourself to think you actually make sense cheesy

3 Likes

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
hahn:

Lol

Lmao

I love the way you are deceiving yourself to think I didn't cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
frank317:

Are u sure u are ok?

Ayu without understanding that HE who are is Lord over all exercise authority over them.

Your OWN Parent have strength and legs of their own yet they sent YOU on errand which they can undertake themselves.
Does that make them less a parent?
Re: All Sufficient God? by JackBizzle: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
hahn:

Lol

grin

Butterflylion actually was confident that God didnt claim that people who didnt give offering to him were robbing him.

The bible verse literally said that! Apparently, butterflymoron doesnt read the bible.

Malachi 3:8 abi?

butterflylion:

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Butterflylion actually was confident that God didnt claim that people who didnt give offering to him were robbing him.

The bible verse literally said that! Apparently, butterflymoron doesnt read the bible.

Malachi 3:8 abi?

mega jumbo dumbo I can see you are back to typing before reading. Let me post my response here again so understanding can fall on you.

You somehow had to include that pastors speak "on behalf of God" in that scripture when the scripture speaks for itself and it's history is also found in the same scripture.

Re: All Sufficient God? by Nuhvey(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
U haven't still addressed the issue.. We can all conclude therefore on this
dalaman:

Re: All Sufficient God? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Because God deserve it,

nice analogy.. but its flawed.. parents know their children and the children know their parents.. we have more than 20 deities claiming to be the creator.. that aside, a parent is not all-sufficient.. if they were they wouldn't send their children on errands to get anything for them because they have everything

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by frank317: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Ayu without understanding that HE who are is Lord over all exercise authority over them.

Your OWN Parent have strength and legs of their own yet they sent YOU on errand which they can undertake themselves.
Does that make them less a parent?

Oga pls stop repeating this nonsense.

Our parents send us on errand because:
1. It s convenient for them
2. They are sometimes too tired to do tit themselves
3. They are humans and can't do everything even if they want to
4. They enjoy the sense of superiority and seniority it gives them. It is good to feel the children they work hard for respect them.

How does this relate to Ur almighty God who can do all things and lacks nothing. Does ur God get tired? Can he not do everything? U belittle your God when you compare him to humans
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Cc hahn.

Cc Nuhvey

What is this pile of hot thrash??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
dalaman:

What is this pile of hot thrash??

It's called trashing your OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islam Not Christianity Was The First Perpetrator Of Black Africa Slavery / The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) / All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.