Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! (1550 Views)

Women Can Offer Nothing In Relationship! Don't Be Decieved!!! / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship / 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by askseunoladele: 6:30am On Sep 18, 2017
WHY LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS DON'T WORK!

She sent me this:

Good morning ma, please ma, I need your advice ma, regards my marriage. I got married last year December. Actually, my husband happened to be my mate when we were at school but then we were not friends, but after 6years of graduating from higher Institution, we met again and he proposed to me and we got married but before we got married, I asked him some questions about his spiritual life and answers then were positive, we even prayed together then. He didn't womanize, he didn't drink and we also talked about those things too before I accepted to marry him, but I never knew that he stopped those acts just to pretend for that period. So, a month after our wedding, he brought out his behavior, he drinks and womanize, then, stopped going to church. A man that was romantic in bed before is now a horror and I got married to him as a virgin.

What now made me to consult you is that he has started bringing strange things home (charms collected from Alfa and Herbalist) I'm so afraid because I had never seen him with those things before. Ma, I don't know what to do because right now I am six months pregnant, another thing is that, despite my condition he doesn't help me with anything at home no matter how weak I am, he would even send me on errands, even the water he will bath with in the night, if I don't put it in the bathroom, I am in soup. Though for now I'm not working but before we got married he said he will set up a business for me but now I see nothing.

LISTEN TO THIS:

When people seek counsel, one of the things we do as counsellors is dig into the situation and get missing information the counsellee may either forget to mention or is uncomfortabe sharing, otherwise, one will jump to conclusion and give wrong counsel. In the information given above, some things were not mentioned:

1. It was a long distance relationship.

2. They courted for only a year.

Long distance relationships simply don't work! Nothing annoys me like singles who have never been married all their lives try to advise married couples on something they practically know nothing about except bits they pick from books, hear says and nonsense they hear from some marriage preachers whose personal lives and marriages are a big disaster!

A lady asked recently if her relationship will work, the guy is abroad and she is in Nigeria, I told her the truth but she "prophesied" that hers will work. I only smiled. She had earlier asked for my help. She and the guy have issues with communication, will break down and weep when he talked, she was experiencing verbal and emotional abuse yet hell bent on marrying him. These are women who come crying after few years of marriage, pouring all the blame on the man, yet will not tell the counsellor the whole truth!

You can't know your partner by asking questions on phone. You need to stay within reach for at least a year in courtship, monitor them, go out together, watch their body language, see the way they treat people and pray for the spirit of discernment.

Some naive, ignorant singles will tell you, it doesn't matter, you can live with a person for ten years and still not know them, that is a stupid analogy! If you live with a person for such a long time and you do not know much about them, either you are blind, deaf or simply daft!
Long distance relationships don't work! All the women I counsel whose marriages have broken down had/have long distance relationships!

A man can be on top of another woman and be telling you on phone he is in church, how are you to know? How do you verify? How do you know he is hot tempered, through chats? How do you know he doesn't smoke or drink, through weekend trips you have already told him you are coming and he hid all the beer bottles and packs of cigarettes? How do you know he wasn't womanizing when he has told all his girlfriends not to come at the period you are coming?

Womanizers like virgins, he can tell all manner of lies to marry you then show his real colour. Stupidity is the reason most virgins marry irresponsible men! If you give your virginity to the wrong man, you will regret it for life!

One year of close courtship where you see your partner in flesh and blood as often as possible is far better than ten years of long distant relationship! In a close relationship, no matter your age and how desperate and impatient you are, you should court that man for two years before heading to the altar. Let them exhaust all their character, strengths and weaknesses; no one can pretend for two years! If after two years, you still have very shocking revelations about them like drinking and smoking, you need deliverance!

If circumstances take your fiance/fiancee away from you like schooling, career or business opportunities outside the state or country and you have courted for at least a year before leaving, you need AT LEAST another year to court ON LAND before going to the altar! Education and environment change people. They have met new people and had more exposure. They are not the same person you left few years ago. You need time to get to know this new person, find out if you are still compatible and ready to spend the rest of your life together.

Don't rush to the altar only to discover few months in marriage they have a lover some where you know nothing about!

Pray for the spirit of discernment. Women shouldn't hang their brains somewhere when courting! Some men are incorrigible, shameless, blatant, irresponsible, unrepentant liars! You must be spiritually and mentally alert to catch them in their lies!

Don't be desperate to get married. There is no where you are rushing to! You will spend more years in marriage than all the years you have spent as a single person. Better to marry late and marry well than marry early and marry wrong. If you rush in, you will rush out!

Above all, pray for God's will and after knowing your God's will don't shut your brain and go to sleep. You must study them and know how to live with them. May you not make a choice you will later regret. FEEL FREE TO SHARE. God bless you. Cheers!
© Seun Oladele, 201.
www.askseunoladele..com

5 Likes

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 18, 2017
Different folks. Different.........
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by TINALETC3(f): 6:38am On Sep 18, 2017
It works 4 some

1 Like

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by torres89: 6:39am On Sep 18, 2017
theory is different from practical.

1 Like

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by menstrualpad: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2017
TINALETC3:
It works 4 some
At least it's working for you and I...
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Kimkardashain(f): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2017
true talk, Ladies need to observe closely the man they wants to marry during courtship to avoid stories that touches the heart.
and guys should pls quit the pretence aint nothing good coming from it.....

becareful when you quote me, to avoid cry cry...

2 Likes

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 18, 2017
g
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by BALLOSKI: 6:54am On Sep 18, 2017
The problem is we expect too much from marriage and commit very little to it.
She's 6 month pregnant and still sends on errand? That man sef. He needs prayer.
The counsellor should know that they were friends since their school days. So why is he sounding as if they only dated for just 1 year?

1 Like

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by TINALETC3(f): 6:55am On Sep 18, 2017
grin sure grin grin grin
menstrualpad:

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by menstrualpad: 6:58am On Sep 18, 2017
TINALETC3:
grin sure grin grin grin
Now....

Did you get my JUNK mail?
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by apotek: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2017
BALLOSKI:
Hmm

Sharrap dia!
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2017
oh oh
askseunoladele

1 Like

Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by vicben27(m): 7:15am On Sep 18, 2017
ur opinion thou, it works perfectly, i'm in one and it's my best relationship ever n final bus stop. it's all about commitment, maturity, discipline and the final ingredient LOVE leave the rest to God.
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by BALLOSKI: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2017
menstrualpad:

dey dere dey deceive yourself...you never see anything.
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by apotek: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2017
Kimkardashain:
true talk, Ladies need to observe closely the man they wants to marry during courtship to avoid stories that touches the heart.
and guys should pls quit the pretence aint nothing good coming from it.....

becareful when you quote me, to avoid cry cry...

You fine sha. Na so you yellow like the real Kim K. Your t go sweet o.
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by apotek: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2017
BALLOSKI:
dey dere dey deceive yourself...you never see anything.

Will you keep kwayeet!
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by babyfaceafrica: 7:38am On Sep 18, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Kimkardashain(f): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2017
apotek:

You fine sha. Na so you yellow like the real Kim K. Your t go sweet o.
and wat d heck do u mean by T?
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by apotek: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2017
Kimkardashain:

and wat d heck do u mean by T?

Whatever you want it to mean. Fine gal.
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by BALLOSKI: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2017
apotek:

Sharrap dia!
you want me to ban u abi?
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by BALLOSKI: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2017
apotek:

Will you keep kwayeet!
NO!
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Kimkardashain(f): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2017
apotek:

Whatever you want it to mean. Fine gal.
am nt a fine girl, nt even close,so dnt mess wit my head
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by apotek: 8:44am On Sep 18, 2017
Kimkardashain:

am nt a fine girl, nt even close,so dnt mess wit my head

You look fine in your dp. Abi no be your picture dey ya profile so?
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by apotek: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2017
BALLOSKI:
NO!

Alhaji keeeeeep kwayeeeet!
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by FvckShiT(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2017
How the fûçk do you fúçk yourselves in a long distance shîï
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Oyindidi(f): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2017
FvckShiT:
How the fûçk do you fúçk yourselves in a long distance shîï
sad
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by FvckShiT(m): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by TINALETC3(f): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2017
cool nt at al
menstrualpad:

Now....

Did you get my JUNK mail?
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Oyindidi(f): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2017
FvckShiT:

wink wink
Why did you troll me?
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by FvckShiT(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2017
Oyindidi:
Why did you troll me?

Cos you fúçking trolled me first
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by BALLOSKI: 9:05am On Sep 18, 2017
apotek:

Alhaji keeeeeep kwayeeeet!
alaji ko, arisekola alao ni.
Re: Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! by Oyindidi(f): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2017
FvckShiT:

Cos you fúçking trolled me first
No, you went as far as uploading my pix. I didn't know it was you but you on the other knew it was me but betrayed a friend by uploading my pix

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference In A Lady & A Guy's Phone Inbox / See What Is Getting Nigeria Men Excited And Ready To Order (photo) / Airforce Have You Seen Your Oga Birthday Party Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.