Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. (31824 Views)

10k Giveaway For 10 Lucky Students / 10 Lucky Discoveries That Made People Rich / 8 Lucky Finds That Turned People’s Lives Around(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Shamoo100(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Next question pls..if the other ans dont count..
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by omenka(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Davedgr8:
because they do not have metallic properties, hence can't be reffered as an alloy
Sorry guys, I was banned by a bot.

This here is as right as it gets.

NaCl doesn't display properties typical of metals and alloys, which includes electrical and thermal conductivity, malleability, lustre and ductility.

Also, NaCl has a definite stoichiometry whereas alloys don't and have a dominant component which is always a metal.

Stand by for the next question after confirmation of both correct answer from LionDeLeo.

Thank you.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by francisxbee: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
An alloy contains more of the parent metal. This is not the case in NaCL
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
it cnt be reffered to as an alloy because its chemical composition is fixed...
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by veilkonsultant: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
alloys most times don't occur naturally. nacl does while being soluble in water
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by projet: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
The nature of the mixing in an alloy depends on the chemical properties of its ingredients... if the unlike atoms in a substance are attracted by strong electrical forces, the result is not an ordered solid solution with metallic properties but a true chemical compound. Salt, for example (sodium chloride, NaCl), is considered an ionic compound, not an alloy of sodium.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by MAIZAMANI(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alloys are harder than most metals,same can't be said of nacl
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

NaCl doesn't display properties typical of metals and alloys, which includes electrical and thermal conductivity, malleability, lustre and ductility.

Also, NaCl has a definite stoichiometry whereas alloys don't and have a dominant component which is always a metal.

Stand by for the next question after confirmation of both correct answer from LionDeLeo.

Thank you.
Noted.

Pls next question in humanity/social sciences/ current affairs.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Boldwinner(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
What's up now? The question is simple. Sodium Chloride is not referred to an alloy even though it constitutes two elements just like alloys because an alloy is a mixture done under high temperatures and consists of at least one metal combining with another element. But sodium chloride is not formed by mixing under high temperatures. It is formed by chemical reactions. to separate alloys, you can do that using mechanical processes, but for sodium chloride, a compound, you separate it with chemical processes.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
AbbasJR:
it is because they don't have metallic propeties
I posted this since 5:09,he posted his 5:11...why the cheating now..smh
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
Unto the next question before people start posting rubish...Lol,dude even mentioned thunder storm.

2 Likes

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by numtums(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

Thank you.
ok
said same thing
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by omenka(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
petroldollar:
Cc: Omenka , Liondeleo

Sodium chloride is not an alloy because even though it is a mixture of two elements and though sodium in the compound is metallic it does not have metallic property. grin
You are right but davedgr8 got there before you. wink
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
Boldwinner:
What's up now? The question is simple. Sodium Chloride is not referred to an alloy even though it constitutes two elements just like alloys because an alloy is a mixture done under high temperatures and consists of at least one metal combining with another element. But sodium chloride is not formed by mixing under high temperatures. It is formed by chemical reactions. to separate alloys, you can do that using mechanical processes, but for sodium chloride, a compound, you separate it with chemical processes.

You sure you know what your writing
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by veilkonsultant: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
... op I noted that answer long ago. maybe the bot didn't allow you to see it.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Abeg just cancel question
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by gbadexy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
wow! may God bless and replenish the originator of this initiative and the coordinator.
It's great seeing nigerian youths involved in educative and enlightening competition.
There is no tribal religion or party sentiment here, everyone is actively participating and learning from each other's response. It shows divisive sentiments thrive among uneducated or idle people not actively engaged in a productive venture.
I wish this thread can get more exposure beyond nairaland to encourage others to emulate this initiative that allows the youths to engage in cerebral exercise.
It's a fresh breath and a welcome departure from beauty and other inane competitions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
You are right but davedgr8 got there before you. wink
I answered the same thing before him,guess you didn't see it
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Pls, for the winners, payment will be made via the counter, not mobile transfer, so to make it convenient for who is going to pay into ur account, banks with branches everywhere are preferred.

Eg gtbank, UBA, first bank, zenith bank etc
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by omenka(m): 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Noted.

Pls next question in humanity/social sciences/ current affairs.
Great. Driving now. You wanna take this shot or should I?
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by INCREDIBLEGUY: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Pls, for the winners, payment will be made via the counter, not mobile transfer, so to make it convenient for who is going to pay into ur account, banks with branches everywhere are preferred.

Eg gtbank, UBA, first bank, zenith bank etc
thanks sir please post your nest question, maybe I might be a lucky winner, God bless you
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by ModusOperandi(f): 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

Thank you.
wait what? are you kidding me, this is just like saying sandra ain't a ho cos she don't look like one or act like one. you might be correct, but you're gonna have to do a lot better to convince me she ain't a damn ho! sigh...
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Pls waiting for you.

You send two I send two.

One in science, the other in arts
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
Reduce the price to 5k @op
To much people involved
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by david4z: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
here
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by VinceSpence(m): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

Check my answer on page 11.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Raintaker(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
There are many alloys resistant to corrosion.

Wrong.
Nacl is ionic
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by DRPAIT123(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
This thread must reach 50pages b4 we stop,nice one Op and omenka

2 Likes

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by attention007(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
Best thread ever on this platform...God bless the op
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
Omenka, pls next question should worth 10k on a single shot.

I'm making it a total of 100k
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Samskid619(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
shocked
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Omenka, pls next question should worth 10k on a single shot.

I'm making it a total of 100k

Hmm, this is suspicious
Where you born in Nigeria if I may ask
Because I have not seen this kind of thing befor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (50) (Reply)

Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.