Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? (691 Views)

What Muslims Will Experience At Death / Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? / What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2017
1. The Sadducees, a faction of the Jews believe that there is no ressurection.

When they came to tempt Jesus,

He told them in mark 12 vs 26 and 27.....

Didn't you read that God spoke to Moses from the bush that he is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

He is not the God of the dead....but God of the living.

He now said, In this your believe, that there is no life after death, you greatly err.

It means Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not dead. They live.

When you die, you live.

To eternal peace or eternal torment.

Not everyone rests in peace after all
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2017
had a dream about three months ago. I saw my sister died. I started praying. In that dream, I was told not to bother.

That there is nothing I can do. That it will happen before we resume. I am running a program and the session was on. I didn't not understand the word " before we resume"

That she had suffered enough. She is coming to rest.

I woke up and told my wife. God Almighty is a witness to what I just shared. Indeed he is a witness. I added nothing, neither remove anything from the dream.

Today, I lost my father to the cold hand of death this morning.....An accident. ASUU strike has crippled the program. Now I understand....." Before we resume"

ASUU strike was not even proposed when I had the dream.

He was coming from a church program. He was asking for mercy from 5:30 am left the church around 6pm. He died on the spot.

He is resting already. It is not a consolation. It is a fact that I was told almost 3 months ago.

Your turn is coming. Yes it is

It's either your soul ascends or decends.

Whatever happens is yours alone to bear.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by ysyowel(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
undecided
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by revelatiorcm(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
in my attempt to answer your question:
A spirit doesn't die, so death there simply means separation from God, a spiritual death is caused by sin, God said to Adma once you eat of the tree in the middle of the garden you will die, after they ate, they continued to live and even gave birth to Children, but dead to God's glorious presence,

so after one dies, it depends on the life the person was living, it's either the angels usher you to eternal glory, same as Lazarus in Luke 16.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
revelatiorcm:
in my attempt to answer your question:
A spirit doesn't die, so death there simply means separation from God, a spiritual death is caused by sin, God said to Adma once you eat of the tree in the middle of the garden you will die, after they ate, they continued to live and even gave birth to Children, but dead to God's glorious presence,

so after one dies, it depends on the life the person was living, it's either the angels usher you to eternal glory, same as Lazarus in Luke 16.

The spirit goes back to God.
The soul is judged.

1 Like

Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2017
How you die does not matter.

What matters is what happens next.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2017
Dream is one of the evidences that supports the existence of life after this body is gone.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
Originakalokalo:

1. The Sadducees, a faction of the Jews believe that there is no ressurection.

When they came to tempt Jesus,

He told them in mark 12 vs 26 and 27.....

Didn't you read that God spoke to Moses from the bush that he is God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

He is not the God of the dead....but God of the living.

He now said, In this your believe, that there is no life after death, you greatly err.

It means Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not dead. They live.

When you die, you live.

To eternal peace or eternal torment.

Not everyone rests in peace after all

I don't think you understand Jesus statement. Jesus meant that those dead ones are all living TO HIM. God views them as not dead, not that they are not literally dead. Eccl 9:5,10.

See Luke 20:38

For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him

1 Like

Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
JMAN05:

I don't think you understand Jesus statement. Jesus meant that those dead ones are all living TO HIM. God views them as not dead, not that they are not literally dead. Eccl 9:5,10.

See Luke 20:38

For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him

I agree with you completely.
We are saying the same thing sir.

Remember I started from the fact that the Sadducees did not believe in ressurection.

I am not saying that they are not dead physically.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
There is no repentance after death.

Praying for the dead is a waste of time.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
Jesus told us that the Angels took Lazarus to Abraham's bossom.

The rich man just found himself in hell.

Peter was talking about rapture and said.....

God is not slack in his promise(of coming back) but gives people chance to repent.

And he said... One day is a thousand years before God.

Meaning, they were expecting him then ealier. Some even say that many have died and nothing has happened.

But he afirmmed that he is coming.

It's either you die, or Christ comes back.

Repent.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
He who does not know the Son, does not know the father.

The Bible recorded that Jesus preached to those that were dead before him.

He went to the grave.

Anyone who believes is saved.Even Spirits.

Salvation is not a joking matter.

Pls accept Christ.
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by analice107: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
Originakalokalo:

The spirit goes back to God. The soul is judged.
What do you mean by the Spirit goes back to God, the soul is judged?
Re: After You Give Up Your Spirit At Death,..what Next? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
analice107:

What do you mean by the Spirit goes back to God, the soul is judged?

You are alive because of the spirit in you.

The Bible records that the spirit of man belongs to God.

The soul is what face judgement. That is the"you"

Jesus said, what shall It profit a man if he gains the whole world and loose his Soul.

(1) (Reply)

The Fool Called God / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/11/17 / Former Yazidi Sex Slave To Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.