Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) (35143 Views)

Asiwaju Accuses FG Of Destroying Ogun Tomato Business / APC Aspirants Paid Between N15 & N60million To Secure Tickets - Saharareporters / Building Belonging To Former Gov. Of Katsina State, Was Unlawfully Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Gabbyelep: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeeew.. How did I end up with some of you fhuckers in the same country.. angry

The house was built in 1976.. That makes it 40 years old plus. And remember it's a commercial building meaning it's had more use than a private residence.

None of you have any information on the structural integrity of the building yet you are all cursing the Governor. The same you Guys will travel overseas and come and be telling us stories and sharing photographs of fine buildings you took pictures inside. Yet when you return here you will all run out with machetes to stop the Government from moving a Market away from the Center of town. angry

If that building collapses tomorrow, you people will start shouting how government is inefficient of how the dead people were used for election sacrifice.

The person that posted that nonsense and her family are in the United States.. If that building collapses and kills anybody, they will just lock up and not return to even help bury the dead.

Please some of you need to start using your brains more. Poverty is not an excuse to be foolish. angry

Interesting. But my dear friend
1. That a building is 40 years old doesn't mean it should be demolished. In Badagry, Port Harcourt, Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom state, and other parts of this country, we still see buildings that were built by our colonial masters.
2. That building only needed a renovation and further structural strengthening if it was a threat to the people.
3. If he notified the owners verbally to remodel the building, did he give them the needed time to come and remodel the building?
4. Before going to destroy the building, did he provide an alternative building for the displaced persons?
5. After demolition, did he pay compensation for pulling down people's sources of livelihood?
6. If there are good buildings abroad, have you also seen the world tourism sites listed in the UN world heritage lists? If you have, you will believe with me that some of those sites are old centuries building remodeled to suit present building standards with native or traditional inclinations.
7. I believe as it is done in Port Harcourt, if the government wants to build big cities, go and develop the bushes. The bushes are not for witches and wizards or ocultic and clandestine activities. The greater Garden City in Port Harcourt is not used to destroy already established buildings. Go to old Aba road in PH, you will see older buildings than that, they are only been remodeled. Are the lands in Imo state exhausted? Greater Oweri or whatever shouldn't take away the livelihood of anybody without adequate compensation.
These are issues we should consider and not been biased and defend the ineptitude of governance blindly. Staying abroad doesnt give anybody the right to vandalize the properties you build with your hard earned money not to mention a widow and a pensioner. This is the kind of supports that keep us where we are today.
Period!
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Henrylenovo4363: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
APC agent of change, imagine from remodeling to bulldozing. nairaland friends abeg clap for him.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Darligold(m): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
pentax:
Plenty curses dey Rochas head but like every of our politicians, curses no dey affect him
For Okorocha" who the gods wants to kill, they first make mad"
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sue his pot belly so that he will reason like normal human being.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
Juliette05:
Three storey?
Where is my glasses, It seems I can see only two. cheesy

Tell Granny to report the issue to Donald trump, Okorocha needs to be labelled a terrorist

Nigeria calls it 2 storey
US calls it 3 storey.

That's all.

/
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
Juliette05:
Three storey?

Tell Granny to report the issue to Donald trump, Okorocha needs to be labelled a terrorist
/
Nigeria calls it 2 storey
US calls it 3 storey.

That's all.

/
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by emmpire: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
lol

Juliette05:
Well, this is downtown mgbidi in Imo state, not Jolly Texas, innit?
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
tyson98:
Despite the fact that I no support okorocha but the house needs renovation tru tru
do you know where mgbidi is in Imo state?

why go to rural areas to bother hungry striving Nigerians with renovation talks? when u cannot pay salaries and ordinary pensioners?

what kind of misplaced priority is that?
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
Gabbyelep:

Interesting. But my dear friend
1. That a building is 40 years old doesn't mean it should be demolished. In Badagry, Port Harcourt, Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom state, and other parts of this country, we still see buildings that were built by our colonial masters.

I agree.. But neither of us knows the structural integrity of the building. The Government does not just demolish buildings just because it's old.. If they demolish a building, it's either because of right of way issue (for which a compensation is paid howbeit little) or it's structurally unfit for habitation.

Gabbyelep:
2. That building only needed a renovation and further structural strengthening if it was a threat to the people.

Unless you know more tha you are letting on, this is pure speculation..

Gabbyelep:
3. If he notified the owners verbally to remodel the building, did he give them the needed time to come and remodel the building?

If you are conversant with how the Governme t works in Nigeria, there is no such thing as a verbal warning for such matters. In fact most people find out via the big red paint marking (normally an "X" on a building that with the notice of demolition. In fact I have never heard of this forceful renovation notice before.

Gabbyelep:
4. Before going to destroy the building, did he provide an alternative building for the displaced persons?

Displaced persons?! In a commercial building? Are you kidding me right now? Like seriously are you fhucking kidding me? grin grin Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

Gabbyelep:
5. After demolition, did he pay compensation for pulling down people's sources of livelihood?

Again with the sense of entitlement.. If anything, the bill for the demolition should be sent to the landlord. You only pay compensation for reclamation not enforcing building codes.. grin So unless you can show proof that the Governmwntbas seized the land, you have no case for compensation.

Gabbyelep:
6. If there are good buildings abroad, have you also seen the world tourism sites listed in the UN world heritage lists? If you have, you will believe with me that some of those sites are old centuries building remodeled to suit present building standards with native or traditional inclinations.

I don't believe a block of stores in Owerri counts as a UN World heritage site.. grin grin

And Insha Allah Allah I have been opportune to visit some of the world heritage sites one of which is the colloseum in Rome and due to its age, people are not even allowed into it for fear of it collapsing. So unless you can prove that tourists will fly into Imo State to go see that block of stores, this is just a really dumb argument to put up..

Gabbyelep:
7. I believe as it is done in Port Harcourt, if the government wants to build big cities, go and develop the bushes. The bushes are not for witches and wizards or ocultic and clandestine activities. The greater Garden City in Port Harcourt is not used to destroy already established buildings. Go to old Aba road in PH, you will see older buildings than that, they are only been remodeled. Are the lands in Imo state exhausted? Greater Oweri or whatever shouldn't take away the livelihood of anybody without adequate compensation.
These are issues we should consider and not been biased and defend the ineptitude of governance blindly. Staying abroad doesnt give anybody the right to vandalize the properties you build with your hard earned money not to mention a widow and a pensioner. This is the kind of supports that keep us where we are today.
Period!

You really want to talk about Rivers State? grin Do you know how many buildings have been demolished in the state to make way for developments? Imo State started this new City project even before Rivers State.. I am sure you have heard of the World bank housing area in Owerri..

Anyways, like I have told others and I am telling you, before passing judgement blindly, do your due diligence. Compensation isn't paid just because you are catching feelings or because she is a Widow or because the building was built in 1976..

I believe there was a demolition order on that building and it was communicated to the landlords.. I believe this whole cry is just to drum up sympathy and make a case for 60million Naira in compensation. So until proper proof is provided by the author of this post, I will give the Government the benefit of doubt.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Chynwe(f): 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
That man enjoys inflicting hardship on imolites.He is extremely wicked.His days of judgement is already here.His wickedness will hunt him
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by shallysgirl: 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
Even if the building needs renovation is this how things should be done? This is someone 's property for heaven sakes.
Nigeria youths sef.
tyson98:
Despite the fact that I no support okorocha but the house needs renovation tru tru
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by bluntMonkey: 2:24am On Sep 21, 2017
Rendered traders frustrated with alot properties destroyed.

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by echehwizzy(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2017
It wasn't da governor fault cos da house really need renovation[s]It wasn't da governor fault cos da house really need renovation[/s]It wasn't da governor fault cos da house really need renovation
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by obi58: 7:35am On Sep 21, 2017
fSociety:

Did you bother to read the write up?

Look at the roofing of that building. Should she have waited for prompts from the government to fix that? What the heck is the meaning of suitable contractor? When builders yapa everywhere? Then she dey USA dey plan return with her whole family to supervise renovation? Guy too many half truths in the story. The house dem dey stay for USA fit reach that state of disrepair before dem go start to look for suitable contractor

That said, no need calling out Okorocha. Take the issue to court and seek legal redress!!!

PS I hate Okorocha. A typical sellout! but then again he was voted by his people!!! and that is why ipob or no ipob the south east will only attain greatness when they start choosing men of integrity and not wealth as leaders.only then will we witness true transformation in the infrastructure of the region.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by holysainbj(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2017
MadCow1:

Don't be too quick to judge? Did I judge?

Everyone else are the ones judging and castigating the Governor, I am the only one giving the benefit of doubt within reason.

Renovate isn't always the answer. Sometimes the building needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

Secondly, the person who reported claims and I quote "The plan was when a suitable contractor was found, my mother and her siblings will all go to Nigeria in order to supervise the renovation.".. Really?! Well, that ship has sailed now.. When they find the suitable contractor, they can start the re-construction.

Also, see the bold face lie that the author wrote saying they were not given formal notice so how did they know the Government wanted them to work on the property?

I am not holding brief for the Government, but I smell utter bullshit. They are hoping to get compensated with 60 Million Naira and no such compensation will be paid for a 40 year old building (especially when the Government is not reposessing the building).
Alright, I get your point better.
Although as for the compensation which I believe is why they have shot up the price, it may not be because of the building rather location.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by asamaigho(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Juliette05:
Three storey?

Dats a three storey building.
As storey is a space between two floors or a the space between a floor and a roof.
Thus a bungalow is a storey building.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
MadCow1:

See me see this Bush Fish O sad.. So you are waiting for it to collapse before you know it needs work?

Oga I use anything wey you dey worship name take beg you to waka cross road go stand with your mate.. This market wet you dey prize for my hand, Bros you no wan buy am..

Agric Idiot. angry

The Agric idiot got me grin grin grin grin
You said it needs work, quite alright. They were coming for renovation. So?
It was demolished without even telling this guys to evacuate a day before or even a week before.
Bros, if u don experience this kain demolition, you go understand.
Have a nice day Efi Ara
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
gbosaa:

Apart for the compensation bit, Okorocha did the right thing. That house isn't safe and will fail the safety test if conducted. Look at the roof. Those asbestos should be safely disposed and the building demolished for a new one.

There are many of these houses and they should be demolished.

Compensation? Time? the traders that lost their means of livelihood?
Okorocha no normal mehn
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

The Agric idiot got me grin grin grin grin
You said it needs work, quite alright. They were coming for renovation. So?
It was demolished without even telling this guys to evacuate a day before or even a week before.
Bros, if u don experience this kain demolition, you go understand.
Have a nice day Efi Ara

Nwanne..

Don't mind me.. grin I had not taken my medication as at when I wrote that post. grin

The simple point I am making is that experience has taught me not to always believe reports like these. The natural inclination in these types of matters is for the Landlords to play the victim card.

"They said" they were coming for renovation.. Well, who knows for how long they have been coming.

"IT NEEDS WORK", that is obvious from the photos.. How much WORK? That we don't know. My money says if the Government felt the need to pull it down because of the works it needed, then it was not superficial work.

"They said" the demolition was without notice.. I say that's a big lie. In fact you can deduce that from the authors report. Example: How did they know the Government needed them to work on the building if they didn't have formal notice? That word of mouth this is nonsense because the normal practice in Nigeria is that they will come and Mark the building with red paint.

And No I have not been unfortunate to experience a demolition personally, but that does not mean I don't understand the pain of losing a property. Cost of building a house no be beans. But also think of the fact that this year alone, Imo State has experienced a lot of collapsing buildings. Think of the fact that what of this person was lying? The Government is not known to demolish buildings just because it was not renovated, that is out of character.

I don't believe the author.. This is just the ground work for a 60million Naira compensation hussle.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
holysainbj:

Alright, I get your point better.
Although as for the compensation which I believe is why they have shot up the price, it may not be because of the building rather location.

If it's the location, the land alone will be definitely worth more than 60 million.. That's why I know the Government did not reclaim the land..
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by mondob2k(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Rockyrocky:
what's the definition of a widow? Mumu

Na u mumu pass
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Lmao....
Juliette05:
the last time I checked the building is in Nigeria, not in the states, as per shiit, I have enough, do you care for some

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Bans Goods From Nigeria, Other Countries-vanguardngr / Lai Mohammed Mocks APC Party Leaders, Calls Them Jesters / We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.