Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (22720 Views)

Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / Have You Ever Been Insecure About What You Studied In School? / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by attention007(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
missbeckykisses:
what do I know Kwanu in the Kin computer, they teach nothing in my school, even sef half of guys in my department are cultists and yahoo boys, abi I should add yahoo and olosho to my skills?

Babe my school didn't teach me the things I know... I actually realised early that they have nothing to offer so I went for self development and I have good friends to who are willing to learn and brainstorm so it helped me alot. If you really had interest in computer science you would have done more and stop hiding behind the excuses
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by vinetechwebsolu: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
Studied Psychology but I am now a computer programmer.

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Kokaine(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
did electrical in uniben, I'm a solar installer in lekki. im seriously enjoying it inshaAllah

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by edlion57(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017
flyca:

Is that a Electrical control cabinet? Why is it is disorderly? Sorry to ask, do you work in Nigeria?
yes to all your questions... still working on it den but the work is done

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by brushesz: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Kakamorufu:
well. I studied mechanical engineering. grad with a 2.2 ,getting a job has been hard. So right now, am about to go into sowing and branding of shirts

I don't blame the government on your case.
I blame you.

Why acquire so much knowledge on Mechanism and then decide to dump it for sowing?

Do you know how much Auto/truck mechanics, repairers of AC/refrigerators, heavy duty generators, elevators etc make in a month

If you truly know your worth, you would drop that shirt branding, stop looking for jobs and humbly learn how to fix machines.

WAKE UP!!!

5 Likes

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Uzee24: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Studied Sociology....Not doing anything related to the field and confused on what next to do!
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2017
damibravo:
Yeah. Studied Computer Engineering,

doing IT right in the financial industry undecided undecided
Did they teach you how to be a software engineer or it's just maths?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2017
Uzee24:
Studied Sociology....Not doing anything related to the field and confused on what next to do!

Become a talent manager. Artiste management, model managers,that should best path for you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by NarnieSnyper(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2017
missbeckykisses:
what do I know Kwanu in the Kin computer, they teach nothing in my school, even sef half of guys in my department are cultists and yahoo boys, abi I should add yahoo and olosho to my skills?

You type like someone who just filled computer science without having prior knowledge about the course. I didn't pay a dime to anyone to learn web design/development and graphics design. I just thank MTN for their 12am-4am plan for N25.
My colleague is a badass Java programner, he eats codes on a daily, now he is into android app programming all learnt through video tutorials.

I have lots and lots of videos on web programming and graphics design. So my dear, that is not an excuse. I also have yahoo and cultists in my department but who cares, everyone has got his own race to run.

The truth is, about 70% of Nigerians are just plain lazy.
Think outside the box or you'll be left behind.
Bless

12 Likes

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Rozaytee: 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
At all ooo..but will go back to it after i raise some capital
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by attention007(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

You type like someone who just filled computer science without having prior knowledge about the course. I didn't pay a dime to anyone to learn web design/development and graphics design. I just thank MTN for their 12am-4am plan for N25.
My colleague is a badass Java programner, he eats codes on a daily, now he is into android app programming all learnt through video tutorials.

I have lots and lots of videos on web programming and graphics design. So my dear, that is not an excuse. I also have yahoo and cultists in my department but who cares, everyone has got his own race to run.

Bless

Exactly what I just told her... let her stop hiding behind excuses

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by damibravo(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
At the end, what one studied isn't applied
TechEnthusiast:

Did they teach you how to be a software engineer or it's just maths?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by attention007(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Bless

Exactly what I just told her... let her stop hiding behind excuses
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Kakamorufu(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2017
brushesz:

I don't blame the government on your case.
I blame you.

Why acquire so much knowledge on Mechanism and then decide to dump it for sowing?

Do you know how much Auto/truck mechanics, repairers of AC/refrigerators, heavy duty generators, elevators etc make in a month

If you truly know your worth, you would drop that shirt branding, stop looking for jobs and humbly learn how to fix machines.

WAKE UP!!!well. I will work on that as well. u have anything to say about the first step to take? thanks
Hmmmm.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

dem suppose flog you.You wey suppose go into auto and mechanical repairs. This is what happens when you went to uni, no practical skills.
lol. it's well. frustration I guess. Buh on the practical aspect, u right, I can count the number of times we had a good practical in school. Most of the machine are either broken or just being managed
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2017
kent2cky:

with ur certificate u don't need to look for job, Idiot. Go and open ur own shop. Sowing and branding of shirts.............mtcheew!
opening of shop. u mean mechanical shop?
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Uwaeromosele: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2017
attention007:

I just ignore their bullshit character and move on
Abi! If you throw stone at every dog that barks,You would not get to your destination on time smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Walelavender(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2017
Studied Civil Engineering and practicing it. Into gas and fuel station design and construction. Do you want to construct a filling station from start to finish? DM me grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by maisauki: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2017
na bankers wey go fail pas...e get one bank wey pesin dey hala me say dem get SEVEN MEDICAL DOCTORS!
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2017
Nope.

I studied Marine biology ,graduated with Bsc honours in one of the universities in nigeria but as soon as i graduated , learnt some skills here and there , i came up with a plan ,launched and run my own company, far off the course i studied in school.

And i so much love my job. smiley

Its fulfiling.

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by MrBigiman: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2017
Yes for now. Once d pepper land, I don run.

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by LeoFish92(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2017
vinetechwebsolu:
Studied Psychology but I am now a computer programmer.

Bros I have a few questions concerning web design, I have learnt html and Css, including Java script, what next?

And should I also learn wordpress? How necessary is it?

Did u learn any language, if yes which one and how have u been putting it to use?

Thanks
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by hamzeiy: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2017
I studied electrical and computer eng.g and I work in a power industry.
Its fun to work in the industry you studied
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by attention007(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2017
Uwaeromosele:

Abi! If you throw stone at every dog that barks,You would not get to your destination on time!!!
Most of my 2.2 friends are into serious Businesses and earning more than our lecturer.I know about 5 have built their own houses.Some get Car sef and Earning it in a legit way
Me am still doing 2:1 Upandan undecided
Wish that Guy/Girl can understand how life is smiley

I just graduated but to me I am still not ready to go to the outside world.

Am working to gather more knowledge and build myself relating to the field I studied. I have people like her in my class too...abi who no get yahoo yahoo boys or cultist for him class
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by attention007(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2017
LeoFish92:

Bros I have a few questions concerning web design, I have learnt html and Css, including Java script, what next?

And should I also learn wordpress? How necessary is it?

Did u learn any language, if yes which one and how have u been putting it to use?

Thanks

I think WordPress is what's trending and I recommend u learn it.
Am learning it also you know how it is with computer science, nothing is ever enough
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by 2016easy2017: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2017
am not practising. i read agric and specialize in animal nutrition and husbandry withspecialty in poultry, fish, goatry, cattle etc. but its all bad now. after practising for several years and nothing but false promises.constant increase in cost of production but not in profit
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by LeoFish92(m): 11:18am On Sep 22, 2017
attention007:

I think WordPress is what's trending and I recommend u learn it.
Am learning it also you know how it is with computer science, nothing is ever enough

Thanks, I heard its easier to build websites with wordpress than Using the traditional Html Css Java script way

2 Likes

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

Baba you studied QS and you no dey practice.
You dey dull me o.

Lol, I hope to practice sha, but building it
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

Baba you studied QS and you no dey practice.
You dey dull me o.

Also I am a young QS who require mentorship, if you could help, let me PM please.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by attention007(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2017
LeoFish92:

Thanks, I heard its easier to build websites with wordpress than Using the traditional Html Css Java script way

Yes it's all about plugins and themes

Am working with it offline though

1 Like

Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by walesalak(m): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2017
Studied Environment Engr. but working as a HSE Personnel. so i will say partly yes. partly No.
Re: Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? by merit1988(f): 11:28am On Sep 22, 2017
I HV a b.sc in public administration but im sadly a primary school teacher... cry hoping to join a paramilitary organization to serve the public

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Job Prospects For A Bsc Microbiologist In Nigeria / Corporate Affairs Commission Staff Queried Over Facebook Post On Buhari, Fulani / N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.