Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] (25841 Views)

Please Assit, Am Trustrated In My Office / My Office Madam Gave Me Strong Green Light Ooo / Fiverr Reloaded 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
I'm a Civil Engineer, a Civil servant, working with the Agency in charge of building control in Lagos.
Today was really hectic, enforcement team came from the headquarters and our district team had to join them since they are in our district.
Seriously this is the part I hate in my Job, I don't like it when we go about sealing sites but then, some contraventions cannot be overlooked.
I got home around 5pm and was really tired.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by okhiai1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
What about we that work on the field are we allowed to post here
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
okhiai1:
What about we that work on the field are we allowed to post here
Everyone is welcome to post, no matter what you do and where your office is located.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by SmartyPants(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
It can be difficult dealing with clients who have some understanding of a little jargon and want to tell you how to do your job.

Lost count of the number of times I've told this particular client "it doesn't work like that"

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by qleap2all(m): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:

What of Yaba?
Good, where? How far is it from those higher institutions? Thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by sconp: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Oliran:
I'm a Civil Engineer, a Civil servant, working with the Agency in charge of building control in Lagos.
Today was really hectic, enforcement team came from the headquarters and our district team had to join them since they are in our district.
Seriously this is the part I hate in my Job, I don't like it when we go about sealing sites but then, some contraventions cannot be overlooked.
I got home around 5pm and was really tired.
Why does this sound like Ketu LGA
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Jarus(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
qleap2all:

Good, where? How far is it from those higher institutions? Thanks

5 minutes drive from Yabatech, 10 from UNILAG

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by qleap2all(m): 4:14am On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:

5 minutes drive from Yabatech, 10 from UNILAG
So appreciative sir. How may i meet you or can you send details to me at plumcareer(@)Gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 8:26am On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=sconp post=60895945] Why does this sound like Ketu LGA[/quote No, it's Ikoyi-VI

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by okhiai1(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2017
davide470:
Everyone is welcome to post, no matter what you do and where your office is located.
Ok today I resumed at my new desgination after I had a falling out with my boss cause I refused to come to work on Sunday and this new place I love every bit of it no much stress and I get to close super early and so far so good I don close for today make I go find beer palore go take 1 origin

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by johncreek: 9:59am On Sep 28, 2017
okhiai1:

Ok today I resumed at my new desgination after I had a falling out with my boss cause I refused to come to work on Sunday and this new place I love every bit of it no much stress and I get to close super early and so far so good I don close for today make I go find beer palore go take 1 origin
That one is Enjoyment galore.
Meanwhile congratulation on your new Job.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by karleone(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
johncreek:

That one is Enjoyment galore.
Meanwhile congratulation on your new Job.

I don't think it's a new job. Maybe a new department or something. Okhiai1 can help us out.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by 06013276dc(f): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
okhiai1:

Closed� congratulations �
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
We lost a colleague yesterday, though she's not in my district but she was a friend, indeed this live is vanity.
About today, I was in the office throughout today, had to finish outstanding revenue report and weekly report. I wasn't really in good mood cos of the demise of my colleague.
Earlier this week, Our new District Head reshuffled everyone in the district, I am now to work with an Architect (senior colleague) that I don't really like.
I hope we don't have issues while working together cos he can be so annoying (you know all these oversabi and I know it all people) .

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Today started well. Had a meeting with one of our directors who is also a client. He is looking out of some positions and trying to raise funds to take up some rights. It is always amazing when i meet with him ; gisting about opportunities back then and how he maximized them. (He currently has an equities portfolio a little above N2bn.. Damn!!)

The Ghana Bank's MD has given the thumbs-up to go short on some sectors based on our recommendation. He is returning back to the market in November. Pending that, i offered to fix his funds at a 10.5% p/a (30 days tenor) but Baba said he wanted more. Lol.

Lafarge has released a comminique on their rights (it would be offered at 42.5) but the qualification date and modalities haven't been mentioned - @ Witches

Cant wait for Friday!

#WelcometomyOffice

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
Christeety:

Yes o. I did get my money back though not full payment.

My farm is at Isagbo area. Off Idiroko road. Ogun state
Nice. Maybe one of these days, i would dropby to check your farm. My mum stays in Ogun State.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
Oliran:
We lost a colleague yesterday, though she's not in my district but she was a friend, indeed this live is vanity.
About today, I was in the office throughout today, had to finish outstanding revenue report and weekly report. I wasn't really in good mood cos of the demise of my colleague.
Earlier this week, Our new District Head reshuffled everyone in the district, I am now to work with an Architect (senior colleague) that I don't really like.
I hope we don't have issues while working together cos he can be so annoying (you know all these oversabi and I know it all people) .
So sorry about the loss of your friend. Be strong for her.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Witches: 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
@davide470 Thanks for the info.Was able to get few shares on the floor @51.Trying to get more fund to take up right for wapco. (maybe i sell my ucap)
Meanwhile do ur company offer better service dan morgan capital (Charges) ?
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
davide470:
So sorry about the loss of your friend. Be strong for her.

Thank you
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Witches:
@davide470 Thanks for the info.Was able to get few shares on the floor @51.Trying to get more fund to take up right for wapco. (maybe i sell my ucap)
Meanwhile do ur company offer better service dan morgan capital (Charges) ?
Cool @ 51.

MorganCap offers the lowest brokerage fee in the industry but almost zero customer service.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Witches: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
davide470:
Cool @ 51.

MorganCap offers the lowest brokerage fee in the industry but almost zero customer service.

Cool @51 u say ? Let me know if u av anyone interested in selling dere right as well.Thank U. do ur company provide market analysis. abi u fit dey forward me market analysis ...?
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
Witches:

Cool @51 u say ? Let me know if u av anyone interested in selling dere right as well.Thank U. do ur company provide market analysis. abi u fit dey forward me market analysis ...?
Lol. Shoot me a mail
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Christeety: 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
davide470:
Nice. Maybe one of these days, i would dropby to check your farm. My mum stays in Ogun State.

That's so nice of you.
Thanks. I appreciate
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by karleone(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2017
Oliran:
Sorry for the loss. RIP to the dead.

it is well, my dear.

You should see this as a challenge to being able to work with anyone you come accross. Most times, it is unhealthy to bear 'office grudge' (it's in quote) cos it somehow reduces our performance. You can admire a positive quality of this colleague of yours. With that, your dislike for him/her fades away.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by okhiai1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
karleone:

I don't think it's a new job. Maybe a new department or something. Okhiai1 can help us out.

It's not a new job oooo it's a new department
I was a PA to the head of department cause I was the only person that is good in computer stuffs and a little programming lo and behold baba was using me any how that why I para for am and he returned me to the field and baby I love it their
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
karleone:

Sorry for the loss. RIP to the dead.

it is well, my dear.

You should see this as a challenge to being able to work with anyone you come accross. Most times, it is unhealthy to bear 'office grudge' (it's in quote) cos it somehow reduces our performance. You can admire a positive quality of this colleague of yours. With that, your dislike for him/her fades away.
Thank you, I really appreciate
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Blessedgurl(f): 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hello Fam!
I hope you all are doing fine and having a relaxing night.
Work has been both stressful and fun this week.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by eipreel(f): 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hi guys, anyone had an experience in dealing with sexual harrassments from a superior? My second line manager is really getting on my nerves and I just wish I could kick him in the bolls each time I see him. undecided
Thing is I try as much as possible to avoid him but he seems not to be getting the message.
Does whistle blowing in Nigerian organizations actually work I know my days are numbered there but I need a temporary solution pending when I'll leave.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:08am On Sep 30, 2017
Very nice thread..... Read through it all

I'm a teacher, a crypto trader and a farmer

It's fun being around students, teaching them new things and seeing the surprised looks on their faces when you tell them some things they never knew.

It has a way of uplifting your spirit after checking your dwindling Cryptocurrency portfolio

First farming experience was wonderful n I ate the fruits of my labour while I shared the others.

Teaching has made me realise that parents are ready to struggle really hard just to ensure their kids get the best education, even to the extent of forgoing their own personal desires. This has also motivated me to ensure me and my colleagues give nothing but the best to them.

It's fun seeing them go home for weekend with smiles on their faces and enough assignments in their bags

*Shebi I talk too much? Lemme stop for now*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Blessedgurl(f): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2017
@eipreel

Sorry about that. I guess you must have told him off bluntly and still he persists with his advances. Since you are about leaving the organization just hold tight to your "NO".

To whistle blow such a thing is as bad as a lost cause when other superiors are aware of his behaviour. But if the HR Manager is someone you can talk to, please do.

Take care dear.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by LolaO(f): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

I may be wrong, but I'm posting this here because I want to know what is right

I work with an IcT company that has presence in Africa.

I just got the job this month, fresh out of nysc, resumed on the 5th of September. Yesterday, was pay day, I was called by the Accountant to sign my pay slip. Upon receiving the pay slip, I noticed I was deducted 10,000 from my actual salary. I looked at it well, and I noticed there was a part for Paye deduction (tax)- was deducted about 3,500...

The rest of the money deducted was because according to the Accountant, I resumed on the 5th of the month, meaning I had not spent one month. I was shocked and told her, I resumed on the 5th (which was a Tuesday) because Friday and Monday was a public holiday (the Muslim Ileya holiday). As far as I'm concerned, I have spent one month (4 weeks so far) so I am entitled to be paid fully (I MAY BE WRONG, PLS CORRECT ME). She said no, that she started deduction from the 1st of September (which was the beginning of the public holiday).

Now, the issue is, first of all, I wasn't told about PAYE or that a percentage of my salary would be deducted from my salary at the point of negotiation after successful interview. No one mentioned it to me (pls forgive my ignorance, because I had no idea, I believe I should have been told.)

Secondly, in the appointment letter I signed with the management, it wasn't included in the part my salary was stated. Nothing about net or gross. It was only stated "employee shall be paid (amount.00) at the end of every month.
There was also a part that said, in the case of public holiday, employee shall be paid fully. I collected my letter on the last day of August, though it was dated 5th September.

I was so upset and confused yesterday, I eventually signed the pay slip with the hope that I'd leave because I can't cope with such deceit and deduction (especially when I wasn't told). I sent a message to the MD (who I'm actually an assistant to) and he just said we'd talk about it on Tuesday. Meaning he already knew about it.

I'm thinking of leaving, at least now I know about paye, I can always have that at the back of my mind at my next job negotiation.

Please I need your inputs, because honestly I don't know if I'm right or wrong.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
eipreel:
Hi guys, anyone had an experience in dealing with sexual harrassments from a superior? My second line manager is really getting on my nerves and I just wish I could kick him in the bolls each time I see him. undecided
Thing is I try as much as possible to avoid him but he seems not to be getting the message.
Does whistle blowing in Nigerian organizations actually work I know my days are numbered there but I need a temporary solution pending when I'll leave.
Lol. Maybe you need to actually kick him in the balls for him to get the message.

As BlessedGurl said, discuss with your HR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ericsson Sacks 160 Nigerian Workers, Takes Jobs To India / Female Boss or Male Boss? / Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.