Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] (25354 Views)

Please Assit, Am Trustrated In My Office / My Office Madam Gave Me Strong Green Light Ooo / Fiverr Reloaded 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by lonelypal(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2017
mrphysics:

By the time the White understands us and what we can do, it will be better they stopped proscribing us in their country and grant us free visa. Because, there are more of such people who are yet to be identified

That is no excuse to indulge this set of criminals. It dents our image.

back to the Topic.

It's my first comment on this thread and I also think its one of the most interesting and useful threads have seen so far on this forum, especially for the past three years on this forum.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2017
will be back..
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by mrphysics(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2017
lonelypal:

That is no excuse to indulge this set of criminals. It dents our image.

back to the Topic.

It's my first comment on this thread and I also think its one of the most interesting and useful threads have seen so far on this forum, especially for the past three years on this forum.
Lol, I don't support such but you can't but commend their smartness.

On fiverr where most buyers are foreign based, if you sell as a Nigerian in creative writing or other professional niche, then you must forget about selling much. So what most Nigerians do is sell with a US location.

Where, they are freelancers and ghost writers, yet most of those gigs with US location but a backend Nigeria location sells much with great reviews. Whats my point

We already have bad image, but that does not mean that we can't compete with the world

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Jokkarm2: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Please nairaland help, i was employed last April to monitor sales and payments on line, but the job has expanded to where i also do monthly presentation. i was given employment later stating that after three months i will be confirmed and also get other benefits. this is close to six months now , each time i remind my manager he will be telling me that i have not convinced him enough and the MD knows i am really doing my job because that is where the money is coming from. but the manager makes it look as if my jobs is not important.

The manager keeps giving me task that i find difficult to do and use it as excuse. some of the task is to analyze data through excell, i tried but dont knw all. please advise me through jokkarm@gmail.com

i am really not happy with everything.

i will appreciate a professional advice
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by bbsugar: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=Jamean post=60772899]I'm an Accountant, I'm in between jobs.

I try to do my work with a lot of detail and patience, to avoid repetition. I always endeavour to leave a mark, just as I'm currently clearing a mess of 8months. I concluded January backlog of fixed asset management - 25/09/2017. I only took up this role in September, as you may wonder why January is just being sorted. Someone wasn't doing their job.

My boss did finishing touches on the Company's 2018 budget I collated and prepared...

By the side, I partner will some professional colleagues to provide book keeping, accounting and tax compliance services for small/medium sized businesses and start ups.

#WelcomeToMyOffice

People like you made me dislike accounting profession. Playing the blame game and feeling fly. Mtchewwww!!!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by teneeorlah: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2017
Jokkarm2:
Please nairaland help, i was employed last April to monitor sales and payments on line, but the job has expanded to where i also do monthly presentation. i was given employment later stating that after three months i will be confirmed and also get other benefits. this is close to six months now , each time i remind my manager he will be telling me that i have not convinced him enough and the MD knows i am really doing my job because that is where the money is coming from. but the manager makes it look as if my jobs is not important.

The manager keeps giving me task that i find difficult to do and use it as excuse. some of the task is to analyze data through excell, i tried but dont knw all. please advise me through jokkarm@gmail.com

From working experience, i am pretty sure even ur MD supports that Manager's action. Its a new trend and some of my friends have complained of such to me.

The fact is they love what u doing buh they dnt want to upgrade ur package, and i am very sure they dnt want u to leave, so the oga patapata(MD) acknowledges ur effort but immediate oga(manager) comes up with stupid excuses.

My Advise
Have a chat with the MD but be very wise and careful so it doesnt seem like u are reporting the Manager.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by mrphysics(m): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2017
Jokkarm2:

Do you have access to the MD? If you do, it will be nice that you meet with him and discuss that. Six months should be good to raise your pay or promotion. Second option is talking to the HR, hopefully, they will look at the offer letter and do something about your request. Your manager is just the person you work under, the HR is the people that talk about your warfare.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by mrphysics(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2017
teneeorlah:

From working experience, i am pretty sure even ur MD supports that Manager's action. Its a new trend and some of my friends have complained of such to me.

The fact is they love what u doing buh they dnt want to upgrade ur package, and i am very sure they dnt want u to leave, so the oga patapata(MD) acknowledges ur effort but immediate oga(manager) comes up with stupid excuses.

My Advise
Have a chat with the MD but be very wise and careful so it doesnt seem like u are reporting the Manager.
In some organization, the HR department is know as People, Culture, and warfare. They are the ones he should be talking to. If it is an organization that he has access to the MD, he should go straight to him and lay his complain without even talking about the manager or any other experience he had regarding his complain
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Jarus(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2017
mrphysics:

Do you have access to the MD? If you do, it will be nice that you meet with him and discuss that. Six months should be good to raise your pay or promotion. Second option is talking to the HR, hopefully, they will look at the offer letter and do something about your request. Your manager is just the person you work under, the HR is the people that talk about your warfare.

He needs wisdom here. Going behind his direct manager to talk to the MD on an issue his boss is meant to spearhead may backfire.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by mrphysics(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Jarus:

He needs wisdom here. Going behind his direct manager to talk to the MD on an issue his boss is meant to spearhead may backfire.
Depending on the organization. Like I said, issues regarding to payment or promotion are not done by the manager. He may suggest and his suggestion will be giving upper hand. I work under a manager and I can't talk to him on issues about payment. Infact he won't even talk about that. If I have such problem, I will go to the HR office and discuss. I think this is the official thing to do

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Jarus(m): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2017
mrphysics:

Depending on the organization. Like I said, issues regarding to payment or promotion are not done by the manager. He may suggest and his suggestion will be giving upper hand. I work under a manager and I can't talk to him on issues about payment. Infact he won't even talk about that. If I have such problem, I will go to the HR office and discuss. I think this is the official thing to do

Fair enough.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by qleap2all(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2017
Please i need an office space, shared preferable in Lagos ()not Lekki, Ikoyi axis o
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Femistico(m): 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
I'm still looking for an office
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by markpenk: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Sorry to hear this. I hope he gets better. But here's what you need to do: Always be prospecting and selling. if you do any form of freelancing/working from home or consulting, never stop selling or filling your pipeline with prospects. You don't want to lose your income just because life happened to one client. Good luck bruv

Neduzze5:
Currently, I work from home as a content creator - freelance writer. It's been going on fine and at least I'm satisfied with my how well I've done this month.

However, I received bad news yesterday as one of my clients with whom I had already agreed on a new deal which could have kept me busy for at least three months, fell ill.

And now, I'm left hanging by a very thin thread.
I wish him very quick recovery and I'd keep praying for him.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
I'm going to be giving updates too from my mobile store. I'm an entrepreneur. I run 3 online stores that caters to the fashion needs of an everyday woman. I work from home.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by markpenk: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lol @ boring. Have you considered setting up your own agency -after hours of course? That should be more exciting wink.
SmartyPants:
I'm a supervisor in a content marketing firm. Basically I do the final editing and take care of admin issues.

Very boring.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by SmartyPants(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
markpenk:
Lol @ boring. Have you considered setting up your own agency -after hours of course? That should be more exciting wink.

Yes I have a few personal projects I do on the side... I'm staying with these guys out of loyalty to my boss who asked me to give him a specific number of years before i leave, in return for certain benefits.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
The rain ruined all my plans today embarassed. I've got a huge order to submit to a client traveling tomorrow, pickups on the island and I'm here asking the downpour why evuls? cry

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good afternoon everyone, just seeing this thread.
I work as a Pharmacy Technician/Attendant in a commercial community stationed area,it's always a boring and annoying one for me when I am on morning shifts due to the most times funny customers we get but gets interesting and busy when it's evening shifts for me cos awon pepper them babes come to complain of itching and smelly discharge in that region grin grin angry angry lipsrsealed and there's the Locum Pharm who's very nice to gist and gossip with unlike in the mornings.
Working in a pharmacy is a job I used to be cray for but no more cos it's demanding of time and energy and I have more purpose and personal ambitions now so no more the enthusiasm,that doesn't mean I don't take it seriously o at least the pay puts food on my table and take care of bills sad , I will still tell you to take two panadol tabs where necessary grin grin angry tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by markpenk: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Okay, so I was an ardent follower of the original Welcome to My Office thread -never participated but always logged on at the end of the day to read the latest updates. Decided to partake in this one because I think it has great potential, so let's do this:

My day at the office:

Currently run two small consulting agencies -one for the realty construction and home decor industry, second for small/medium sized business across multiple industries. Both of these provide lead gen and search visibility services.

So far, had five skype sessions with prospects. Closed one on a decent sized 6-month deal with the possibility of extending the contract to 24 months if the first 6 goes well, yay!.

Had a good session with the other three, who are looking promising. The last who is an enterprise prospect by the way, is still on the fence -wants to hear from a couple more agencies before making a decision. So, fingers crossed.

Reviewed tasks and assignments with the team, turns out we have a couple of laggards. These olorigbeske guys will do anything to extend a deadline. Well sha, I have told them to get their assignments to me by COB or else... grin.

Just finished a strategy session with my partners and currently at lunch.

Will most likely be doing some business outreach and reviewing other business opportunities as the days go by. In other words, it's been a good day so far wink.

Peace out fellas/mademoiselles.

P.S: By the way, anyone know of any good gyms around Amuwo axis? I'm fighting a losing battle with this my belly -the thing is insisting on "graduating", and me I'm not interested. Want to ensure it stays as is or flatter sef. E dakun, e epp me grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by markpenk: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
Smart man/woman wink
SmartyPants:

Yes I have a few personal projects I do on the side... I'm staying with these guys out of loyalty to my boss who asked me to give him a specific number of years before i leave, in return for certain benefits.

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by kylorenng: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
So
I run a Web Design and Freelancing Agency. I also repair laptops and mobile phones plus do some video animations on the side
Today though cold and raining, began early.

Worked o a client's website, added final touches to two previous clients and updated their software.
Went to meet up with a client. Apparently they had issues with their computers so I took a look and fixed them

Sourcing for new clients to add to our portfolio.
Today as always went well, already done for the day
Heading home

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by wonlasewonimi: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
I work from home 24/7 in 3rd line of defence capacity against cyber terrorists for a major online retailer. My duty each day is to protect the firm from threats such as ddos, botnet, malwares, APTs and zeo day exploits. No two days are the same.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by bioduneberry(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Not too late to check in.

Welcome to my office. I work as a Database cum Business Analyst for a Pension Fund Administator (PFA).

My responsibilities include but not limited to:

Carrying out business intelligence (BI)
Database administration for the company's marketing department
Business analysis
Writing weekly reports on the marketing team's various activities
Business development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
BeastOfNoTribe:
Enjoying the discussions so far...

Makes the two of us wink
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
bioduneberry:
Not too late to check in.

Welcome to my office. I work as a Database cum Business Analyst for a Pension Fund Administator (PFA).

My responsibilities include but not limited to:

Carrying out business intelligence (BI)
Database administration for the company's marketing department
Business analysis
Writing weekly reports on the marketing team's various activities
Business development.
Nice. grin

Comman introduce me to your Investment Guys na. wink

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Jazmiynne: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
davide470:

For next time or next assignment, stick to the team. Deadline or Not.

Oga boss oya come make I give you gist grin

Shebi u see why this team something de always de taya me abi...

The guy that came on the group to Comman specifically announce to me with all the audacity in the world why we have to submit as a team - he submitted his own report alone today!

Funny that he told us, not when he decided that his deadlines mandates that he rushes to submit, but after he had finished rushing, completed, printed, binded, submitted and already on his way home. cheesy

The babe wey bring the late submission talk, she submitted another report today alone and told us after work too. Meanwhile "team" had agreed to submit all reports later in the week - I said Wednesday, they all said Friday.

Lol as they just post am for group chat, I just start to laugh where I de cheesy

Humans are Humans finally finally!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by pweetychyka(f): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nice one... lemme be reading comments to see who's reporting ma boss here grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by bioduneberry(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
davide470:
Nice. grin

Comman introduce me to your Investment Guys na. wink

Sharp guy, we go relate don't worry. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NASRDA Salary For B Sc / My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help / What Digital Skill Can I Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.