Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... (54371 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by mmb(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

if its super super cheap, nor problemo

Chinedu fit help u scrap am if ee nor dey work cool
where is Chinedu located.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2017
ikukuhero:

Your monicker is disgusting
Nope. Your imagination is rotten
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:
Sis you are better off without that car....
Oh!Thats sad.I love the design.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by valarinz: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2017
WeAsCitixens:

Ironically, you're the only disgrace here, fam.

Stay in your lane oga, I'm not your regular NL troll, head to romance section, your mates are plenty over there, bye
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2017
sexybbstar:

Oh!Thats sad.I love the design.
That's the trap. If you cannot do without it...why not buy it...then a few years like one or two later sell off... If you are lucky...but I'd never drive any car that has 65% possibility of not getting me home at all times.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2017
d33types:

And I would have gotten a volvo s80 for my fiancee just because of your hype. You even sold s80s.not just one or 2sales..how wicked can you be? shocked shocked
I really don't do this. But I think you need to chill. Valarinz has been consistent in his advice against the T6 models....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by valarinz: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2017
d33types:

C'mon now.person cannot joke with you again? On a lighter note, wicked was not literal. I'm your fan jor. I know about the turbos

I would have bought didn't mean I bought!

You didn't make it to sound like a joke, but since you say it's a joke, I'll take it as one and head over and edit my comment, tnx
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2017
goodvision12:
Pls what of chrysler motors that is American vehicles
Summary
Chrysler perfectly ruined Mercedes Benz reputation. And Benz has NEVER recovered till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2017
Badb0y4lyf:
What about benz C230 year 2007 I'm working towards getting it.
If you have a deep pocket...well heeled and a competent Mech
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by ibro360(m): 10:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Abudu2000:
shut up there, mentioning golf proves you not only know about cars but you don't even own one either..mind you being a mechanic and owning a car at two different experience.......golf is one of the easiest to maintain,cheap parts, better fuel consumption infact I started with golf 3 back in 2009 and I remember buying even 2liters of fuel and it will still take me some kilometers.i don't fear of being robbed, only an insane car snatcher will go after golf. To them it's never worth the risk....
Oga sir SHAKE ME.

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by CaptPlanet(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2017
Every Honda car from DC down to the lowest. Avoid 2nd hand like a plague!
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:
Unless you are really knowledgeable about the marquees or a mechanic who can personally handle a spanner with dexterity... I will advise you to avoid the following vehicles:

1. Peugeot 607 V6 plus automatic transmission. I won't explain.
2. BMW series whatever series either series a, series b to z. Especially automatic transmission models.
3. Landrover Freelander... Designed by the devil assembled by monkeys.. left factory for showroom with over 200 known faults... Avoid like leprosy!
4. Audi A4 Allroad... I will leave this for kingreign...
5. Nigerian used Nissan Murano... With wires hanging out in the engine bay...in fact all Nissan cars with the slightest sign of abuse..
6. Add yours as led and experienced or known.
I totally disagree with u. Every car is ok. If u buy 10-15 years old car then u are liable to face challenges. Nigerians are fond of that, all in the quest to parade as a car owner. Buy neat car, any car, maintain it and enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2017
1metre:
I totally disagree with u. Every car is ok. If u buy 10-15 years old car then u are liable to face challenges. Nigerians are fond of that, all in the quest to parade as a car owner. Buy neat car, any car, maintain it and enjoy it.
What exactly are you disagreeing with?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by CaptPlanet(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2017
adanny01:

All German cars have electrical problems. VW, Benz, BMW, Audi, Opel...

Opel na coffin
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by goodvision12(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

Summary
Chrysler perfectly ruined Mercedes Benz reputation. And Benz has NEVER recovered till date.
You didnt answer my question.Yes or no is chrysler a good car according to your post?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2017
adanny01:

All German cars have electrical problems. VW, Benz, BMW, Audi, Opel...
You can imagine my response when I was offered a Mercedes Benz S600 V12 for 400k!!

My reflex response was "I am too young for this problem" ...

5 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Discharge(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2017
vertueptime:

Yes but u will change the engine, gear box, brainbox , Ecu, key, some plenty wiring, programming, engine seats (4), construct and weld the engine seat then pay labor, it will take about a month to completely finish then u go pay labor, we are looking at about 400k here , cool?
it's cool, considering if you get a Clean and affordable Nigerian use.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2017
1metre:
I disagree with you. the First Generation Audi AllRoad and Land Rover Freelander were labeled notorious Lemons abroad. There are dedicated web pages listing known issues of these two particular vehicles - the issues of these two are as a result of poor design/quality control , that's why they seem to be mostly found in their natural habitat... Mechanic Workshops. Buy at ur own peril!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2017
goodvision12:
You didnt answer my question.Yes or no is chrysler a good car according to your post?
Benz was the best in automobile industry before Chrysler came along. Do I need to spell it out...that even years after the separation Benz has NEVER recovered!!

For me sir I'd rather play bet9ja with my money (and I don't bet) than purchase a Chrysler product with it.

My advice flee Chrysler and never look back unless it's brand new. American cars seems to be deliberately designed so buyers can purchase more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

You can imagine my response when I was offered a Mercedes Benz S600 V12 for 400k!!

My reflex response was "I am too young for this problem" ...
����, this seems to be a W220 S - class, This one will bankrupt individuals and businesses.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by masks(m): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2017
princetom1:

grin
hahahahahaha.....the kadun and kano fire golf.....see tales by moonlight.....hahahahahahaha
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Naturallyme: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2017
I have read All replies here. You people don't know anything about vehicles. You want your mechanic to do all the thinking despite your education. These mechanisms are not rocket science as its something anybody can understand. I became a mechanic to myself because I research about problems I encountered on my vehicle. I tell my mechanic Wat to do. I do the troubleshooting myself. I am not undermining their experiences but there is limit to what there thinking could get to. Some are shallow thinkers. Every vehicle brand has its own problems. I have pictures of broken-down vechles of many brands. Problem starts when you allow your timing belt to cut. It's takes God's grace to get it back to normal. Some of you use inferior car chargers and complain your vehicle has electrical problem. You park your car with the mechanic and leave. You don't know what happens afterwards. Over maintenance is what is killing some of us. Mechanics using defective tools to work. Not respecting fit and tolerances, avoiding specified oil grades because of cost. Some are Ill advised by mechanic. These are our major problem. I have been using Volvo s80 for 3+ years i have not encountered any big problem . I hardly get flat tires and i use tokunbo tires with special selection. It's always a serious problem changing my tyres because I hardly loose the nuts . I change my tyre when the groove is less not when it has been patched severally. We need to have good maintenance culture and be knowledgeable about cars we use. I laughed at all these comments here. You guys are naive. My site is coming up soon. Www.mymaintenanceadvisor.com.ng

You are a car owner. Ordinary OBD II car scanner you no get and your are driving 3M worth of car.. Ordinary multi meter you no get let alone having a small tool box. Most of these faults are small faults o but when your mechanic start tampering with other vehicle parts, they hardly restore them back to original position. Be wise my people and develop problem solving skills

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2017
platinumricky:
����, this seems to be a W220 S - class, This one will bankrupt individuals and businesses.
It is. I was even persuaded to negotiate. I bluntly refused. One Alfa on ego trips bought it.. I was calmly watching and observing his sorrows with the car...he sold as scrap.... After countless overheating... and a plethora of other mysterious issues... At present a Kazeem is trying to convert it to an M111 engine. I went there our of curiosity and almost laffed my head off... At the ridiculousity of the conversion. Anyway Kazeem must chop and there's nothing like warranty on his job.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

What exactly are you disagreeing with?
my point is, if u buy those cars brand new, u won't hv any cause for panic. Not everyone can afford a brand new car but instead of buying a ten years old car better be patient and go for something better.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by masks(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2017
princetom1:

grin
@cuteamigo..nice story with the golf....funny enough not all of us here viewing this topic is in primary 1
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by goodvision12(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

Benz was the best in automobile industry before Chrysler came along. Do I need to spell it out...that even years after the separation Benz has NEVER recovered!!
presently i make use of a chrysler plymouth car 2000.But now as we speak its in a mechanic workshop.The problem it has is overheating on the way.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2017
1metre:
my point is, if u buy those cars brand new, u won't hv any cause for panic. Not everyone can afford a brand new car but instead of buying a ten years old car better be patient and go for something better.
This topic has taken into consideration the purchasing power of 75% of Nigerians cum their maintenance habits as well as the availability of technical expertise.
Let me ask you a question... Some few decades ago Nigerians only purchase brand new vehicles.. what happened along the way?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2017
Lexus RX series - bad transmission, expensive parts.

Toyota Camry tinylite - bad wheels especially the shocks, short life span of the 4cyl engine.

Toyota Camry muscle: bad transmission, electrical issues, body (built) quality drops drastically after bodywork n repainting.

Honda crv: bad transmission same issues as the muscle with body work.

Honda accord- ball joint issues, transmission

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2017
goodvision12:
presently i make use of a chrysler plymouth car 2000.But now as we speak its in a mechanic workshop.The problem it has is overheating on the way.
Change the engine. Preferably a topdown change. Then sell it off. My candid advice.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by oglalasioux(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2017
xana101:
What about Passat FSI 2.0 litre engine, 4 plug 2008 model.

It's the TSI models you should avoid like a plague. Great interior but problem redefined.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2017
luxy44:
Lexus RX series - bad transmission, expensive parts.

Toyota Camry tinylite - bad wheels especially the shocks, short life span of the 4cyl engine.

Toyota Camry muscle: bad transmission, electrical issues, body (built) quality drops drastically after bodywork n repainting.

Honda crv: bad transmission same issues as the muscle with body work.

Honda accord- ball joint issues, transmission
I'd take the tinylight anyday and anytime. Don't put more than two adults in the rear seats no matter the condition. And it's not the shocks that spoils at all times...there is a particular component I was reading about on this Australian car website... It is one of the most dependable vehicles the world has ever seen. Do you know that the brand new engine of that vehicle is still available in Nigeria?

And always use Mobil Oil... contact Gazzuzz. Service twice a year!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

This topic has taken into consideration the purchasing power of 75% of Nigerians cum their maintenance habits as well as the availability of technical expertise.
Let me ask you a question... Some few decades ago Nigerians only purchase brand new vehicles.. what happened along the way?
greed and quest to parade as a car owners. People are so materialistic that they live above their budget. Decades ago people were so content, not unlike now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This N720m Limousine Can Move On Land And On Water – Its Awesome! / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas / Would You Take This Dirty Lamborghini Or A Very Clean Toyota Camry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.