Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... (54264 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
As some of us are condemning these cars some are still driving them and enjoying the cars.

Am in Minna, Niger State presently and surprisingly you hardly see any Camry pencil light on the road. I repeat hardly. As a matter of fact they drive more of these brands that we use to condemn. They drive more of Peugeot (206, 207, 406, 607 and the rest), Honda Accord, Benz and Pontiac Vibe.
You can count 100 cars on the road and you won't see a Camry.

Before now I was in Port Harcourt and they also they cruise all these cars wey we dey fear to touch, BMW, Peugeot, Benz, Acura Zdx, Lexus and the rest.

So I think what should be the determining factor of what car a person chooses to drive is taste, availability of parts/technician.

The competition is stiff and all auto makers have upped their games. Almost all cars are built to last. Almost all.

6 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by InvertedHammer: 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
bennymark:
nobody is disagreeing with BMW on the list?

Anyone driving a BMW product deserves a condolence visit.

\

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by chronique(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

dont be intolerant and quit being insultive to people like you have a low self esteem.

If only you had a functional brain, you'd have been able to decipher that I'm far from being what you wrote there. Your thread is meant for those who are ignorant about how to maintain vehicles, and those who have poor maintenance culture. It's as simple as that.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
gist4real:
As some of us are condemning these cars some are still driving them and enjoying the cars.

Am in Minna, Niger State presently and surprisingly you hardly see any Camry pencil light on the road. I repeat hardly. As a matter of fact they drive more of these brands that we use to condemn. They drive more of Peugeot (206, 207, 406, 607 and the rest), Honda Accord, Benz and Pontiac Vibe.
You can count 100 cars on the road and you won't see a Camry.

Before now I was in Port Harcourt and they also they cruise all these cars wey we dey fear to touch, BMW, Peugeot, Benz, Acura Zdx, Lexus and the rest.

So I think what should be the determining factor of what car a person chooses to drive is taste, availability of parts/technician.

The competition is stiff and all auto makers have upped their games. Almost all cars are built to last. Almost all.
And Pontiac Vibe is based on what?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
chronique:

If only you had a functional brain, you'd have been able to decipher that I'm far from being what you wrote there. Your thread is meant for those who are ignorant about how to maintain vehicles, and those who have poor maintenance culture. It's as simple as that.
I will not join you in insults. I know it is never a good thing for part sellers when truths about your cash cows are exposed. Don't feel bad as I intend to ignore you henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by chronique(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

I will not join you in insults. I know it is never a good thing for part sellers when truths about your cash cows are exposed.

Oh, you won't join me in insults but you were quick to insult me? If only I was into selling of parts...
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

And Pontiac Vibe is based on what?

I don't really understand your question. But the Pontiac Vibe am talking about looks like Toyota Matrix.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
I'm seeing good offers for Nissan murano if I change the engine and the parts u listed to that of a camry would it function perfectly I mean A.C , Gear seletion with out jerking and durable just like any toyota out there please your advice is needed.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by cyborg123(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
Badb0y4lyf:
I'm seeing good offers for Nissan murano if I change the engine and the parts u listed to that of a camry would it function perfectly I mean A.C , Gear seletion with out jerking and durable just like any toyota out there please your advice is needed.
Don't try it.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Fawklicant: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Oga, remove bmw from that list because obviously you have not driven any one. I have driven 2 models (e36,e46) of it and they are still the most reliable cars i've driven till date. Good fuel economy,65 litres and less lagos to Enugu, AC most of the way, cheap parts. Stop posting crap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Fawklicant: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
InvertedHammer:

\

Complete crap. I'd still choose my bmw over any japanese any day.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by teeboy99: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
adanny01:

You gave that particular one HIV.

As far as am concerned, no issues with EOD

Bro 2003 EOD get issue o. Majorly transmission issues. I'm a Honda freak so I have taken my time to do some study. 2008 model has most complaints but they mostly centre around premature break wear which is child's play when compared to transmission failure rate of 2003 EOD. I thank God I avoided it. I have friends with unpalatable stories despite adequate maintenance. check this link out
http://www.cartalk.com/blogs/car-talk-car-complaints/used-honda-accord-–-buy-year-not-one

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Mutuwa(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
bisi16:

For u to have mentioned Golf 3, u know absolutely nothing abt MKs. U're making ur assumptions on hear-say. Car that only took me to mechanic once in 3 to 4 months for servicing only, u are blabbing what u don't know abt. Abeg park well!

Shut your beak if you don't know what my experience is..who are you to question my own personal experience?learn to mind your business if you don't know what to write please.That is your own experience you wrote down,I may also choose to condemn but because I have no proof,wasn't there,don't know you I won't.
You don't just wake up and reply anyhow..that is not proper reasoning.
Park well abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by InvertedHammer: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Fawklicant:

Complete crap. I'd still choose my bmw over any japanese any day.

/

If you like choose it over private jet. That's your problem.
You are not the first and wont be the last.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Fawklicant: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/

If you like choose it over private jet. That's your problem.
You are not the first and wont be the last.

On what logical premise did you make the attrocious assumptions you made earlier? At least I have given reasons why the op's analysis is based on falsehood. Condolence visit? People hate what they don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
Fawklicant:

On what logical premise did you make the attrocious assumptions you made earlier? At least I have given reasons why the op's analysis is based on falsehood. Condolence visit? People hate what they don't understand.
in a million years you wouldnt understand me.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by larrypourl(m): 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Jakumo:
Toyota trucks are notorious for suffering major steering failure without warning.

The Toyota 4 Runner is a notable example. I have seen a year 2004 Toyota 4Runner suffer multiple, sequential steering ball-joint failures that typically caused one of the front wheels to snap free, and turn sharply against the direction of travel, reducing the driver to the status of a hapless passenger in the blink of an eye.

I owned a Toyota 4WD pickup truck once, and experienced THREE steering failures that required a mechanic to remove the vehicle later. Those failures luckily happened at slow speeds, but such random luck is never guaranteed. In other words, fate does not like to be tempted too often.

When major steering failure occurs at highway speeds, vehicles can get airborne, and execute spectacular cart-wheels, spewing their occupants in the process, so, to reduce your chances of being one of such airborne passengers, do not buy, or travel aboard, a Toyota truck of any description.

My brother you're very correct. Tundra 2001 ball joint get issues. E don tear 2times for my hand. The engine is too heavy for that joint.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Jakumo:
Toyota trucks are notorious for suffering major steering failure without warning.

The Toyota 4 Runner is a notable example. I have seen a year 2004 Toyota 4Runner suffer multiple, sequential steering ball-joint failures that typically caused one of the front wheels to snap free, and turn sharply against the direction of travel, reducing the driver to the status of a hapless passenger in the blink of an eye.

I owned a Toyota 4WD pickup truck once, and experienced THREE steering failures that required a mechanic to remove the vehicle later. Those failures luckily happened at slow speeds, but such random luck is never guaranteed. In other words, fate does not like to be tempted too often.

When major steering failure occurs at highway speeds, vehicles can get airborne, and execute spectacular cart-wheels, spewing their occupants in the process, so, to reduce your chances of being one of such airborne passengers, do not buy, or travel aboard, a Toyota truck of any description.

Thanks for this exposition. I was almost buying a 4runner ...

3 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
Fawklicant:
Oga, remove bmw from that list because obviously you have not driven any one. I have driven 2 models (e36,e46) of it and they are still the most reliable cars i've driven till date. Good fuel economy,65 litres and less lagos to Enugu, AC most of the way, cheap parts. Stop posting crap.
I believe yours were automatic transmission shifts? cheesy
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
RZArecta:
Chevrolet Aveo (except brand new)

Op, I believe the Landrover Freelander had closer to 400 faults and was designed by Nigerian kazeems (the devil is innocent on this one). It was described as the worst car ever assembled on a website I visited some years ago, they went into a partnership with Honda to create that SUV but pulled out suddenly without getting the basic technicalities right hence that monster (and it led to the birth of the Crv eventually)

For those complaining about air suspension in cars (balloon) if you get mind, you can remove them and fit in shock absorbers, works like a charm
Someone pirated my post without acknowledgement

https://akahinews./2017/09/23/car-models-you-should-avoid-as-second-or-third-handed-acquisition/amp/
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Fawklicant: 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

I believe yours were automatic transmission shifts? cheesy

Manual tranny and auto on the other. Plus I have loads of friends who use beamers. If you let a japanese kazeem fix your german machines, then you have a problem on your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by pafek(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2017
Fawklicant:

Manual tranny and auto on the other. Plus I have loads of friends who use beamers. If you let a japanese kazeem fix your german machines, then you have a problem on your hands.
even if push comes to shove, better get a mechanic that specializes on German cars to TEMPORARY fix it while you look for d vehicle brand mechanic to check it out properly.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by pafek(m): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2017
for those who prefer camry to golf 3, pls a quick question.
can you as a construction worker carry 5bags of dangote 50kg cement in your car? or as a farmer carry 5bags of NPK fertilizer?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:05am On Sep 24, 2017
pafek:
for those who prefer camry to golf 3, pls a quick question.
can you as a construction worker carry 5bags of dangote 50kg cement in your car? or as a farmer carry 5bags of NPK fertilizer?
Let me ask you a converse question... Can you compare the AC unit on the Toyota Camry with the Golf 3?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by pafek(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
menstrualpad:

Let me ask you a converse question... Can you compare the AC unit on the Toyota Camry with the Golf 3?
camry what year?
am base in Jos, what do I need AC for?
if you are looking for luxury VW vehicles why not go for d Audi A8?.

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by bennymark(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2017
InvertedHammer:

\

I am dying to own one as my next bride. should your condolences mean so much?

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
pafek:

camry what year?
am base in Jos, what do I need AC for?
if you are looking for luxury VW vehicles why not go for d Audi A8?.
Is that as reliable as a third owner used Camry?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by pafek(m): 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
menstrualpad:

Is that as reliable as a third owner used Camry?
it will help alot if u can specify what year is the camry.
I will not removed my well earned money to buy second hand Nigeria used Camry from 2004 to 2017.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Fawklicant: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
pafek:

even if push comes to shove, better get a mechanic that specializes on German cars to TEMPORARY fix it while you look for d vehicle brand mechanic to check it out properly.

Only bmw mechanics repaired my second one till I stopped using it. They are all over the place. If you claim to be a bmw mech, then I'll ask you the engine type in my car or some other specialized question and guage your response.

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by staytravel: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
pafek:

true. but also remember that if u must marry a Yoruba lady, u should learn how to eat pepper or an igbo lady, u should be business oriented, or a hausa lady, should learn to be defensive even with ur life.., the choice boils down to preferences

cheesy haha
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by LeJeun3: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
Jakumo:
Avoid ANY car that is equipped with air suspension, or hydraulic suspension, all known as "Baloon" in Nigeria.

Mercedes cars made after the year 2000 lead the pack of offenders who created this demonic technology, and when it breaks down, be prepared to pay more than the cost of the entire car, just to fix the suspension.

When I hear this I either laugh in amusement or shake my head in disgust....

Have heard of the MDX / Honda Pilot electric Struts?? If you have.....

Have you heard of it's cost?

If you have let's talk then....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by InvertedHammer: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
bennymark:

I am dying to own one as my next bride. should your condolences mean so much?

/
Na. A trial will convince you. Some people only learn the hard way. Ever heard of whited sepulchre? Go ahead!
/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This N720m Limousine Can Move On Land And On Water – Its Awesome! / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy? / Would You Take This Dirty Lamborghini Or A Very Clean Toyota Camry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.