Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever (26788 Views)

Sony Ericsson P990i: How Many Of You Remember This Powerful Phone? / Tecno Spark 4: Decent Yet Powerful Phone / Toughest Phone Ever:The Land Rover's Explore Comes With Swappable Battery Pack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

When? What release? Send me a YouTube link. Your assertion that Apple stole tech from tech from Wisconsin is baseless. And its not "winsconsin". Your s6 edge did not correct it for you?

Ps- check I modified the comment

My assertion or a fact which made Apple shell millions of dollars to the university. Lol, so it's about proper spelling of a word now? How low can you go

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

This is a pretty stupid comment. Most iPhone users buy the basic versions. iPhone X retails for $999 while Note 8 retails for $929. By your logic, an iPhone Z user is richer than me because i use a Note 8? Don't be stupid, bringing richness to phones is complete stupidity

You're foolish
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

My assertion or a fact which made Apple shell millions of dollars to the university. Lol, so it's about proper spelling of a word now? How low can you go

Apple was originally found guilty in 2015 and faced damages of up to $862 million. That number was later slashed t0 $234 after a judge ruled Apple had not willfully infringed on the patent. U.S. District Judge William Conley added to the damages today because Apple continued to infringe on the patent until it expired in December of 2016.

The lawsuit is based on the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation’s 1998 patent for improving chip efficiency

You're foolish
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Apple was originally found guilty in 2015 and faced damages of up to $862 million. That number was later slashed t0 $234 after a judge ruled Apple had not willfully infringed on the patent. U.S. District Judge William Conley added to the damages today because Apple continued to infringe on the patent until it expired in December of 2016.

The lawsuit is based on the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation’s 1998 patent for improving chip efficiency

You're foolish

Don't be emotional, did Apple infringe on the patents or not? Did they pay for the infringement or not? Wow, you are really going nuts over a company that doesn't know you exist. How low life can a person be?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Same here. I used an android years ago when I was a student and still looking for the latest tweakware cheat and how to put it onscreen buttons. When I was still jobless and broke.

Fandroids wouldn't like to hear that....They'll say the enjoy the freedom, what GODdamn freedom? Even developers are more on the Ios than on the droids.....
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ib4real95(m): 11:10am On Sep 23, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Chop knuckle my guy....I used android years ago when I was a student and partly jobless, can't deal with laggy phones, wastes my time....
As in ehh.. lemme just keep quiet
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Don't be emotional, did Apple infringe on the patents or not? Did they pay for the infringement or not? Wow, you are really going nuts over a company that doesn't know you exist. How low life can a person be?

Infringement not copy a tech. See how stupid you can be? You're the one masturbating on every iPhone thread since you realized you couldn't afford an iPhone.

Im trying to enlighten you.

You're foolish
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Fandroids wouldn't like to hear that....They'll say the enjoy the freedom, what GODdamn freedom? Even developers are more on the Ios than on the droids.....

Its easier to code for iOS devices because of it's limitations (screen size, chipset, resolution et al) than Androids so this is expected.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
[s][/s]
What a Turd. cheesy

someone with great IQ doesn't know the difference between pidgin and proper grammar?

What an idiot. cheesy

Agreed, i'm broke.
Now tell us the number of iphones you have you?

Shit4brain cheesy

I guess your brain feels as good as new seeing that you have never used it before.
So iPhone's in pidgin is correct? Dumbass. Just go and steal a primary 6 English book.

What a sissy

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Are you saying that he didn't have faceID set up? That's a big blunder which several articles talked about. Otherwise your post is telling me that you have to unlock your phone to unlock your phone...

Do they look familiar?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Its easier to code for iOS devices of it's limitations (screen size, chipset, resolution et al) than Androids so this is expected.

lol limitations. Like the chipset? Resolution?. Foolish boy don't say what you don't know o�
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

lol you're Hot!

Modified! Wait that boy arguing is actually using innjoo? ��

I bet he is using that cricket phone.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Infringement not copy a tech. See how stupid you can be? You're the one masturbating on every iPhone thread since you realized you couldn't afford an iPhone.

Im trying to enlighten you.

You're foolish

Lol, only low lifers make this statement .

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2017
vicfuntop:

I guess your brain feels as good as new seeing that you have never used it before.
So iPhone's in pidgin is correct? Dumbass. Just go and steal a primary 6 English book.

What a sissy

I am rolling on the floor�

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:16am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Lol, only low lifers make this statement .

Sorry you hear. Make e no dey pain you too much. Or if e pain you too much, but an iPhone, open a thread on nairaland and tell us your reviews as you use it. So we will not talk anymore.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

lol limitations. Like the chipset? Resolution?. Foolish boy don't say what you don't know o�

Can you write a comment without been salty with it? Do you know anything about codes?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Sorry you hear. Make e no dey pain you too much. Or if e pain you too much, but an iPhone, open a thread on nairaland and tell us your reviews as you use it. So we will not talk anymore.

I used one when it was a ground breaking tech during the reigns of Steve.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Decale: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Apple in the past years have been mediocore. iPhone 7 camera was trumped by S7 edge and Pixel. iPhone 6s camera was thrumped by G5 and S6, iPhone 6 camera was trumped by G4 and S5.

Let's see if you know basic things about camera. When you mean trumped, can you elaborate?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Can you write a comment without been salty with it? Do you know anything about codes?

Yes. I do. Do you?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Decale: 11:19am On Sep 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
its actually 85.0% at first quater of 2017.

99.6% of new smartphones run android.

Google is your friend.

Lol. You decided to use Google even after correcting your "95%". And you didn't use it well, it seems

99.6% of new phones either run ios or Android.

Clever much?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:20am On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:

Let's see if you know basic things about camera. When you mean trumped, can you elaborate?

Do you realize the iPhone 7 came after the s7 edge? And you compare iphone 7 with s8?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

I used one when it was a ground breaking tech during the reigns of Steve.

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Its easier to code for iOS devices because of it's limitations (screen size, chipset, resolution et al) than Androids so this is expected.

Please strike out the word ''limitations'' It sounds a tad too weird.....
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2017
vicfuntop:

What a sissy
you still haven't answered the question oh ye smart and rich one.

Lemme ask in pidgin and yoruba.

How many "iphone's" you don buy since your papa na dangote and your IQ is on the same level as Einstein's?

Iphone melo lo ti ra?

How many iphone your family don buy?

I'm sure they are still feeding you, that's why you don't know how it is for someone working 9 to 5 to earn 400k for an iphone.

If you continue like this, I pity your pus5sy. cheesy assuming you are a girl.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by kullozone(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Bro we aren't quarreling o

I no know wetin dey worry these iphone boys sef See how they're just insulting people for trying to talk sense into them.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
you still haven't answered the question oh ye smart and rich one.

Lemme ask in pidgin and yoruba.

How many "iphone's" you don buy since your papa na dangote and your IQ is on the same level as Einstein's?

Iphone melo lo ti ra?

How many iphone your family don buy?

I'm sure they are still feeding you, that's why you don't know how it is for someone working 9 to 5 to earn 400k for an iphone.

If you continue like this, I pity your pus5sy. cheesy assuming you are a girl.

Just shut up. o ṣe ifibọ ara re
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:

Lol. You decided to use Google even after correcting your "95%". And you didn't use it well, it seems

99.6% of new phones either run ios or Android.

Clever much?
well, 95% is or was a projected figure.

Since you decided to hang on to details, I had to show you that your 83% wasn't correct either.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Decale: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Do you realize the iPhone 7 came after the s7 edge? And you compare iphone 7 with s8?

If you don't know the genesis of a debate, its best you avoid it. Nobody compared iPhone 7 with s8
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Decale: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
well, 95% is or was a projected figure.

Since you decided to hang on to details, I had to show you that your 83% wasn't correct either.

95% is projected? grin grin grin

I said 83%, you said 95%, which is closer to 85%? grin
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:

If you don't know the genesis of a debate, its best you avoid it. Nobody compared iPhone 7 with s8

If you don't understand a sentence it's best to avoid it too. When s8 came out. They compare it with iPhone 7. Its obvious you can't compare s8 with iphone8.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

I can assure you that when you place an iPhone 6 and an S3 side by side, you will not be able to tell which is better..because the OLED screen of the much outdated s3 offers a vibrant display..use both the ip6 and s3 to watch a movie and I bet you you will prefer the S3..now I am talking of real life usage because I’ve owned both phones...I am not a fanboy of Samsung/Android or iPhone/ios...but yes, the ip6 has a better camera.

Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. The S3 has a drastically inferior display to the iPhone 6/7/8.
Color accuracy, white balance, greyscale, brightness...All these areas the iPhones sport best-in-class performance. I suggest you read a few Display Mate reviews.

Done with this discussion. Cheers.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by inimitkel(m): 11:43am On Sep 23, 2017
Tosyn007:
I don't think there has been a time where any android phone has trumped the IOS in terms of performance and speed. But I for one can't use an iPhone, even if I have the money, I'd rather go for a note 8. Reason is the freedom android offers you. You can do a whole lot of things on an android os that you can't even dream of on an iPhone. How would I buy a phone that expensive and my usage freedom will only be limited to the average phone usage? That's why android phones would continually be the highest selling phones.

But all in all it depends on what you want from your phone.
Spot on bro. That limiting factor on Iphone is a big turn off for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Gains, MTN Loses As NCC Releases Update On Internet Usage In Nigeria / Who Has Subscribed To The Etisalat N1,000 For 3GB Recently? / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.