Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? (5947 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / My Ebooks And Books That Can Impact Your Life Positively FOREVER. / Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Dindondin(m): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Mynd44:

As in, the thing tire person
As I don hear, I ll go there tomorrow after church
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2017
I applied last year but got no response
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by eodavids(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2017
Mynd44:
Has anyone here even heard about it?

How do I forward my book to the Akefast?
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by photoshoot(m): 9:05am On Sep 23, 2017
Mynd44:

please I am very interested, what should be known?
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by writeprof(m): 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mynd44:

It has been on for some years now. It was put together by Lola Shoneyin, author of The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's wives. It is meant to honour Africa's first Nobel Lauret, Prof. Soyinka, that is the reason Ake is the location for it. Remember Soyinka's book, Ake: the childhood years?

I wish I could attend.

Mynd44- I saw you attended it in 2015. May be you can share some info with us on the logistics involved such the cost implication as well as getting lodgings etc
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Mynd44: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
writeprof:

It has been on for some years now. It was put together by Lola Shoneyin, author of The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's wives. It is meant to honour Africa's first Nobel Lauret, Prof. Soyinka, that is the reason Ake is the location for it. Remember Soyinka's book, Ake: the childhood years?

I wish I could attend.

Mynd44- I saw you attended it in 2015. May be you can share some info with us on the logistics involved such the cost implication as well as getting lodgings etc

This is stressful. More stressful that the organisers are doing a shitty job in the publicity department
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by LionInZion: 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
JackieMay:
I'm going

Can you tell me more about it please?

Thanks
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Mynd44: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
writeprof:

I wish I could attend.

It is a literature festival that holds every year in Abeokuta. It gets a lot of visitors from within and outside Nigeria, has book reviews, panel discussions, etc, etc.

It is mostly has a collection of almost the who's who in the Nigerian literature scene.

Logistics, you can stay with friends or get a hotel at your own cost. Transportation too is at your own cost so if you want to go, have a budget.

Registration: here http://www.akefestival.org/index.php/the-festival/registering-for-ake-festival

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Mynd44: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
JackieMay:
I'm going

I guess we will meet there
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by M7even(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
I wish to attend, but I do not have the means. am a keen follower of arts, writing and poetry.
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by JackieMay(f): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mynd44:

I guess we will meet there
I'd love to
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Jbfranklin: 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
so as I was saying I would be sponsoring four handsome ladies that would like to go to they festival is it AKE?... ye-yeah... OK no strings attached.....
and so I thought that mynd44 had a swollen lower back and upper front with skirts...
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by toprealman: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2018
Mynd44:

As in, the thing tire person
A friend just reported that no single banner can be found at the entrance of the venue as of 8PM today!
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by Mynd44: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
toprealman:
A friend just reported that no single banner can be found at the entrance of the venue as of 8PM today!
Possible. I didn't check though
Re: Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? by toprealman: 12:34am On Oct 27, 2018
Mynd44:

Possible. I didn't check though
what time do they start

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Adventures Of Czar / Choices / Book Summary - The Five Love Languages By Gray Chapman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.