Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

1.5 Million Naira Wasted! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! (4805 Views)

You Must Have At Least 5 Million In Your Account To Date Me: Says A Fine Lady / How My Friend Wasted His ₦1.2M Life Savings Within 3 Months In Port Harcourt / I Wasted 6 Years On This Bastard Only For Me To See His Wedding IV On IG - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
tertiary education overated on top dos useless prof go de do u anyhow for school......i wish I stayed in the factory back den and do jst part time e for gud....by now I would have been married.....
Marriage is overrated dude. You should be happy you escaped that trap.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by bikat: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adaumunocha:
As long as there's life, there's hope.

cool cool cool good complextion
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Karleb(m): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
frustratedrat:
story... It's still the same needle and thread you guys will hold. These guys even put in more effort as they know it's their only/main chance.

Those of us with 'paper' will be moving with shoulders up but nothing in the wallet undecided. My neighbour frying akara greets me a lot. Thinking my level is 'foreign'. Meanwhile, she makes double my amount in the shortest possible time.

grin grin grin grin

Now this is funny!
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
bikat:

cool cool cool good complextion
hian. you are 'toasting' on a sorrowful thread.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
frustratedrat:
you might be wondering how possible it is for me (us) to have wasted such amount. It's simple. Me and two of my siblings had tertiary education at roughly 500,000 naira each. Accommodation, feeding, school fees and books fee. All to what end? People graduate everyday to the labour market with little or no chance of getting a good-paying job.

Imagine I'm earning 15k. Almost what i was earning before graduation. What is the point of going then? Na big english we wan chop? I wish i can 'unschool' myself and use the money for business. Ordinary dirts-packer make more than myself if you combine all he makes in a month. Even if I used the money to help some people or to yansh woman, i'll have something/someone to look up to.

Warning to all - training up to ss3 is enough. Then learrn a trade. Education is the second most overrated idea after religion sad. So vexed

The biggest con still running till date, Americans end up in debt after Germany actually sponsors free education I think

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by escapefromusa(f): 1:18am On Sep 28, 2017
favourmic:
my dear brother everything is one step at a time just believe in your self from 15k to 150k with time all we be well.......

There was a time when patience was enough. Not anymore.

You need to choose one path. Die to live or Live to die.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Dshocker(m): 4:52am On Sep 28, 2017
elantraceey:
grin grin

You needed to see the look on my dad's face when I told him I'll be starting a fashion designing training immediately after I graduate from a professional course, then he was like ' why did you allow me waste my for five years since you want to be a tailor? '

But the thing is its not actually a waste though because at my workplace there's a big difference between those of us that are graduates and those that are not, that's why going to school is not just about getting a certificate but acquiring knowledge, wisdom and experience that will help you in the course of life.

So you are an obioma?
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by favourmic(m): 7:30am On Sep 28, 2017
escapefromusa:

There was a time when patience was enough. Not anymore.

You need to choose one path. Die to live or Live to die.

then go join criminal or drugs tongue tongue
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by elantraceey(f): 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dshocker:

So you are an obioma?
What/who's an Obioma?
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by bikat: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
frustratedrat:
hian. you are 'toasting' on a sorrowful thread.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. It is not a sorrowful thread...
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Dshocker(m): 12:06am On Sep 29, 2017
elantraceey:

What/who's an Obioma?

Duwa-duwa grin
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by stacyadams: 12:10am On Sep 29, 2017
elantraceey:

What/who's an Obioma?
grin grin grin all dose people wey dey carry sewing machine around dey sew people clothe
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Tiffbuxas: 1:36am On Sep 29, 2017
sekxy:
make savings and try to invest more,,don't just sit on one source of income.
D man is earning 15k you're saying save and invest in something else.... What do u want him to save 100naira eery month?
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by girl4rmspace(f): 1:51am On Sep 29, 2017
favourmic:
my dear brother everything is one step at a time just believe in your self from 15k to 150k with time all we be well.......

150k is still laughably bad, Not even up to 3 million per year.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by bikat: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
girl4rmspace:

150k is still laughably bad, Not even up to 3 million per year.

You go like many o, see calculation shocked shocked shocked
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by jaxxy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
frustratedrat:
you might be wondering how possible it is for me (us) to have wasted such amount. It's simple. Me and two of my siblings had tertiary education at roughly 500,000 naira each. Accommodation, feeding, school fees and books fee. All to what end? People graduate everyday to the labour market with little or no chance of getting a good-paying job.

Imagine I'm earning 15k. Almost what i was earning before graduation. What is the point of going then? Na big english we wan chop? I wish i can 'unschool' myself and use the money for business. Ordinary dirts-packer make more than myself if you combine all he makes in a month. Even if I used the money to help some people or to yansh woman, i'll have something/someone to look up to.

Warning to all - training up to ss3 is enough. Then learrn a trade. Education is the second most overrated idea after religion sad. So vexed

I disagree with u bro. Education is not overrated bt maybe a university certificate is bt thats still arguable tho. Now u earn 15k on ur present job probably ur 1st. Here's my advice work isn't always about money it's about learning amd experience also Especially as a gren horn u shudne hungry for knowledge and skill 1st well for me dat was it tho if the money rolls in 1st isnt great bt ure experience and skill can never be taken from U and if its a lucrative skill in ur industry u will make dat money in no distant time.

Lawyers usually face this same challenge when dey newly join a chamber i had a frnd and she ws been paid 35k for a start till she gains valuable experience and clientele or become a partner and she can fly. So keep ur head up and just be focused. U will get there. So don't discourage anybody from university education its highly valuable depending on how u want/choose to use it. Cheers!
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
frustratedrat:

LMAO

Are you saying you could have invested in a cocoa farm? Take it easy, things will get better and they'll get better jobs... No one hammers in a day. Dangote pushed trucks
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by nelson7777: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
a particular song comes to mind, que sera sera, wat evr will b, will b, the future is nt yours to see....

do ur best and leave d rest to God,,
u might nt hv still turned out differently if u hd quashed school 4 trading.....

things r quite rough nw, but i dont think i will ever regret going to school...
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
nelson7777:
a particular song comes to mind, que sera sera, wat evr will b, will b, the future is nt yours to see....

do ur best and leave d rest to God,,
u might nt hv still turned out differently if u hd quashed school 4 trading.....

things r quite rough nw, but i dont think i will ever regret going to school...
hmm.. You have a point though. I just hope i'll be part of the 2 percent of graduates that make it.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Marriage is overrated dude. You should be happy you escaped that trap.
wixh trap pass dis one to finish skool and u wish u hadn't....my mates are happily married leaving their simple lifes
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by lazeal: 12:32am On Oct 04, 2017
elantraceey:
grin grin

You needed to see the look on my dad's face when I told him I'll be starting a fashion designing training immediately after I graduate from a professional course, then he was like ' why did you allow me waste my for five years since you want to be a tailor? '

But the thing is its not actually a waste though because at my workplace there's a big difference between those of us that are graduates and those that are not, that's why going to school is not just about getting a certificate but acquiring knowledge, wisdom and experience that will help you in the course of life.

Exactly. When you are lettered and decide to do business, there is a way you view things that is different from others. For instance, I see me selling meat in the future. I can see some faces looking at me like I carry shiit... But don't worry about me.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by temblor1(m): 12:40am On Oct 04, 2017
Take it easy and slow. Learn something different from your certificate. It often pays more.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by princy80(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
That's the main reason one shouldn't be "GP-focussed". The school is an environment to gather knowledge, a great wealth of experiences and a place to forge friendships. While in school if you don't learn trades or skills you are on your own oooo. The ones that have graduated are still job-seekers. OP find your talents and work on them while going about your normal work.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 17, 2017
princy80:
That's the main reason one shouldn't be "GP-focussed". The school is an environment to gather knowledge, a great wealth of experiences and a place to forge friendships. While in school if you don't learn trades or skills you are on your own oooo. The ones that have graduated are still job-seekers. OP find your talents and work on them while going about your normal work.
exactly. If only i learnt a skill. Imagine making in a month what a barber makes in a day (300 per hair x 50 hair = 15,000)
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2017
frustratedrat:
exactly. If only i learnt a skill. Imagine making in a month what a barber makes in a day (300 per hair x 50 hair = 15,000)

Take a chill pill, I went to a private university that cost 350k per semester and my first job was 25k, it's not about the money but where you are going and plans you have for yourself, this is the real world, there are no hand outs in the real world, it's up to you to decide what you want, education only arms you with knowledge in specific field, the rest is up to you, you just need to be patient also, your generation these days was instant remuneration, you have to work hard to get where you want, and the same time keep an eye out for business opportunities, even that Tailoring sef you'd be surprised how much tailors make money in Lagos, I know of one in Ekiti Aparago or something he's a tailor and all his clients are in Lagos, it took him time but he's somewhere now, and the last part, they say Prayer works too. The moment you are defeated mentally, the less motivation you will have, also as a man, embarking on self-pity is definitely not an attractive quality, you're not the only one going through tough times, also you might want to re-consider changing your name frustratedrat , am not sure how someone like you can feel comfortable naming yourself that , there's psychological power in the mouth.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 17, 2017
lazeal:

Exactly. When you are lettered and decide to do business, there is a way you view things that is different from others. For instance, I see me selling meat in the future. I can see some faces looking at me like I carry shiit... But don't worry about me.

As long as it's honest hustle who cares, if there's mad money in selling meat today you think i wouldn't jump on it. mehn

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Giant Joystick" See Pics From A Nigerian Bridal Shower That's Gone Viral / Are You Marrying A Lady Because Of Virginity Or Love? / Why Are Girls So Dumb? The Only Thing They Know Is Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.