Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

1.5 Million Naira Wasted! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! (4782 Views)

You Must Have At Least 5 Million In Your Account To Date Me: Says A Fine Lady / How My Friend Wasted His ₦1.2M Life Savings Within 3 Months In Port Harcourt / I Wasted 6 Years On This Bastard Only For Me To See His Wedding IV On IG - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
you might be wondering how possible it is for me (us) to have wasted such amount. It's simple. Me and two of my siblings had tertiary education at roughly 500,000 naira each. Accommodation, feeding, school fees and books fee. All to what end? People graduate everyday to the labour market with little or no chance of getting a good-paying job.

Imagine I'm earning 15k. Almost what i was earning before graduation. What is the point of going then? Na big english we wan chop? I wish i can 'unschool' myself and use the money for business. Ordinary dirts-packer make more than myself if you combine all he makes in a month. Even if I used the money to help some people or to yansh woman, i'll have something/someone to look up to.

Warning to all - training up to ss3 is enough. Then learrn a trade. Education is the second most overrated idea after religion sad. So vexed

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Draei: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Great advice you got up there, next thread...
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by elantraceey(f): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
grin grin

You needed to see the look on my dad's face when I told him I'll be starting a fashion designing training immediately after I graduate from a professional course, then he was like ' why did you allow me waste my for five years since you want to be a tailor? '

But the thing is its not actually a waste though because at my workplace there's a big difference between those of us that are graduates and those that are not, that's why going to school is not just about getting a certificate but acquiring knowledge, wisdom and experience that will help you in the course of life.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Adaumunocha(f): 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
As long as there's life, there's hope.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
grin

Feasibility study. Ponder on it!

Are you now saying that education is no longer the best legacy?

I have my own problems too so don't quote me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Evablizin(f): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
elantraceey:
grin grin

You needed to see the look on my dad's face when I told him I'll be starting a fashion designing training immediately after I graduate from a professional course, then he was like ' why did you allow me waste my for five years since you want to be a tailor? '

But the thing is its not actually a waste though because at my workplace there's a big difference between those of us that are graduates and those that are not, that's why going to school is not just about getting a certificate but acquiring knowledge, wisdom and experience that will help you in the course of life.
wow you nailed it,in fact seconded.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by favourmic(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
my dear brother everything is one step at a time just believe in your self from 15k to 150k with time all we be well.......
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
elantraceey:
grin grin

story... It's still the same needle and thread you guys will hold. These guys even put in more effort as they know it's their only/main chance.

Those of us with 'paper' will be moving with shoulders up but nothing in the wallet undecided. My neighbour frying akara greets me a lot. Thinking my level is 'foreign'. Meanwhile, she makes double my amount in the shortest possible time.

7 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
Frustratedrat you don graduate?

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
Frustrat.edrat you don graduate?
yes bro (technically)
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
frustratedrat:
yes bro (technically)
Oh! Didn't know. Congratulations bro. God go open doors.

Shey na FUT Minna?
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
Oh! Didn't know. Congratulations bro. God go open doors.

Shey na FUT Minna?
it's uniben. let me just grow small faith... Amen

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Rickjordan(m): 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Heloct(f): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
True.

I can't wait to finish school and start life proper.. sad

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
frustratedrat:
it's uniben. let me just grow small faith... Amen
oh! I been think say you be durrent. All the same, God go open doors. Don't give up, all will be well
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by jaksmillioniar: 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
hmm
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by gboxbaba(m): 5:30am On Sep 24, 2017
Young man go and hustle, I finished school october 2016, I didn't do my clearance or collect my degree. I went straight into the streets. I spent a whole 8 months immediately after leaving school unlearning all the school crap that I was told life was about. After the unlearning process I started to go out and put my adverts out there, just last month my Hustle started to pay off. I'm not balling currently but I definitely make more than 100k every 2 weeks. My future is definitely looking bright. And I don't have to sit In any office from morning till night to do that. I answer only to myself and my clients, I'm a bonafide hustlepreneur. So young man all you need is adequate frustration. Stop being mentally lazy. Be a HUSTLEPRENEUR

4 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 24, 2017
LilTyRoNe come and read this. no I wasn't Joking about spare parts or learning a trade.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 24, 2017
make savings and try to invest more,,don't just sit on one source of income.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 24, 2017
gboxbaba:
Young man go and hustle, I finished school october 2016, I didn't do my clearance or collect my degree. I went straight into the streets. I spent a whole 8 months immediately after leaving school unlearning all the school crap that I was told life was about. After the unlearning process I started to go out and put my adverts out there, just last month my Hustle started to pay off. I'm not balling currently but I definitely make more than 100k every 2 weeks. My future is definitely looking bright. And I don't have to sit In any office from morning till night to do that. I answer only to myself and my clients, I'm a bonafide hustlepreneur. So young man all you need is adequate frustration. Stop being mentally lazy. Be a HUSTLEPRENEUR
we're saying the same thing bro. Hustling/investing is the key thing. Why were we deceived that spending 4 - 6 years in the fore walls of a university will make us richer. As if lucrative white-collar jobs still exist as before.

The barbers, electricians, furniture makers, fashion designers, entertainers, event planners etc are the ones 'seeing' money regularly now

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by elantraceey(f): 7:29am On Sep 24, 2017
frustratedrat:
story... It's still the same needle and thread you guys will hold. These guys even put in more effort as they know it's their only/main chance.

Those of us with 'paper' will be moving with shoulders up but nothing in the wallet undecided. My neighbour frying akara greets me a lot. Thinking my level is 'foreign'. Meanwhile, she makes double my amount in the shortest possible time.

Mindset is different jare..... Go and start your own akara frying business nau, you can upgrade your own grin
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:29am On Sep 24, 2017
frustratedrat:
you might be wondering how possible it is for me (us) to have wasted such amount. It's simple. Me and two of my siblings had tertiary education at roughly 500,000 naira each. Accommodation, feeding, school fees and books fee. All to what end? People graduate everyday to the labour market with little or no chance of getting a good-paying job.

Imagine I'm earning 15k. Almost what i was earning before graduation. What is the point of going then? Na big english we wan chop? I wish i can 'unschool' myself and use the money for business. Ordinary dirts-packer make more than myself if you combine all he makes in a month. Even if I used the money to help some people or to yansh woman, i'll have something/someone to look up to.

Warning to all - training up to ss3 is enough. Then learrn a trade. Education is the second most overrated idea after religion sad. So vexed
Same sentiment I share. I feel if you aren't going to a top 20 university in the world then there's no need getting any education. It's a big waste of time. A good secondary school education is enough.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by LilTyRoNe: 8:56am On Sep 24, 2017
Evaberry:
LilTyRoNe come and read this. no I wasn't Joking about spare parts or learning a trade.
Thank you Evaberry i'll think about part time,but how do you se agricultural course or name just any other simple courses less maths less money and all that.
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Mup4life: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2017
sekxy:
what do you invest in?

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Akinbahm(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Just have faith has someone above me quoted "15k to 150k besides don't forget osumane dembele as at last year he worth 15m and he left for Barcelona for 150m...

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 24, 2017
sekxy:
save kini? When the cost of living is increasing

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2017
frustratedrat:
save kini? When the cost of living is increasing
lol
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2017
A lot of money there
1.5 M hmmm
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 24, 2017
i know this might be outter place but sometimes the course of study plays a huge part in all this o

read petroleum engr in sch and for a year and two freaking months after graduating i regretted reading the damn course till i finally got a shot at total E&P...................and i'm not even working as an engineer there but rather an accountant

i feel if i had read elect elect engr or perharps mechaninal engr or any other lucrative course i wouldnt have spent 1 and two months of my life hustling............

You're still rght though..............tertiary education "in naija" is soooooo over-rated
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Same sentiment I share. I feel if you aren't going to a top 20 university in the world then there's no need getting any education. It's a big waste of time. A good secondary school education is enough.
tertiary education overated on top dos useless prof go de do u anyhow for school......i wish I stayed in the factory back den and do jst part time e for gud....by now I would have been married.....
Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

Feasibility study. Ponder on it!

Are you now saying that education is no longer the best legacy?

I have my own problems too so don't quote me grin
yes o. SWOT analysis done in Nigeria favours hand work to being a bookworm

Re: 1.5 Million Naira Wasted! by Victornezzar: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
I can't help but laugh at all d comments up dere
D way my parents told me about education ehn...I vex
My papa wey dey carry school on top em head ended up at ss3.....but he's still winning contract from federal government......Fvck school.....fvck university

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Say If She Has A Boyfriend / Shame As An Older Female Pastor Is Caught Ch00p!ng Her Junior Pastor / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.