Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? (1850 Views)

The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible / 10 Fallacies Theist and deist Use To Defend The Existence Of God/gods / Demystifying The Confusion - God, Gods God And Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by butterflylion: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I endorse this post

all religious gods are manmade

Which rubber stamp you take endorse am? That your quack endorsement that holds no water? If they ask you for your badge of authority now you will go mute. Endorsement ko endorsement NI grin

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by adepeter2027(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
Niflheim:
@Hati13,

The reason the "gods" watch us suffer, is the same reason why your teddy bear in your bedroom could not wake you up before you peed in your pants as a child sleeping in your room!!!

The teddy bear(just like the gods), were mental crutches/ supports, used to give comfort to the baby who does not know anything, or the schizophrenic who needs an imaginary friend to talk to!!!
Chaiiiii
You're badt oo
No chill at all

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by hopefulLandlord: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
@Niflheim
So true

I don't blame any god at all for suffering for the same reason I am no longer mad at Santa Claus for not bringing me a pony when I was 5

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by vaxx: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hati13:

Yeah I don't see any difference why Traditional religions can't answer the most important universal questions like the so called Abraham religions. The answers could be right or wrong, but answer is answer.

Could you tell me the basic things about your Traditional religion?

Yes, I'm back
OK bro....I don't even know where to start...but let me take it from here....

.IFA religion is not only a religion to the Yoruba... it is also our culture.... Ifa Religion is balanced on three legs; Orunmila, Orisa, and the Ancestors. The Supreme Being, Olodumare, is without gender and is not an active participant in the affairs of living humans. Olodumare is benevolent and has provided a Universe with all that is needed for humans to be fulfilled and happy. Ifa is characterized by a deep sense of the interdependence of all life. “Every life form and element of Nature has an inner soul force – including rivers, rocks, clouds, metals, flowers, thunder, and the wind.

orunmila can be term a philosopher like medieval Socrates...he answer most of the difficult questions that deals with life..like destiny , death and life purpose...... I bet you if the white have such an important figure...he will have honour more than Newton or Charles Darwin...he left behind an oracle ...a template of knowledge with us ....and this template is still used up till date to find answer that relate with with one existence..

These natural energies that comprise the Universe are called Orisa. Each Orisa has its own specific function. as human communicate with this energy constantly in directly or not.... we pay obeyance to them but do not worship them...we sometimes appease them with nature like water, palm wine or palm nut oil and sometimes domestic animal.........the blood are liberated while the meat are eating and shared among the brethren...

ancestor are simply our beloved and great ones that have pass away... they are dead quite alright but we believe their abstract quality still remain with us like their love ,legacy and philosophy ... we tap into this abstract qualities through prayer and meditation and likewise we believes in herbs and plant so much that he is used to cure all types of medicine.... .....

let me relax.... you can ask more question?
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by felixomor: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
butterflylion:

Which rubber stamp you take endorse am? That your quack endorsement that holds no water? If they ask you for your badge of authority now you will go mute. Endorsement ko endorsement NI grin

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by butterflylion: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
felixomor:

Lol grin

The waka about just said "I endorse this" as if he is FBI or CIA. So much bvllshit in the endorsement grin

Just like a man with no legs declaring "I will kick you" grin

Who dash goat pepper soup? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by hopefulLandlord: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
vaxx I think you should be creating threads based on your beliefs so discussions can be much better there, I would like to know more about the Olodumare and other entities you usually mention, for educative purpose of course
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by vaxx: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
vaxx I think you should be creating threads based on your beliefs so discussions can be much better there, I would like to know more about the Olodumare and other entities you usually mention, for educative purpose of course
thanks bro ... I will work toward it.. it takes more time and energy since most of them can not be easily source from websites....

am even hoping on developing a website that will solve this challenges... but I want to make sure my evidence are really true and not bias
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by butterflylion: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
Vaxx that one that is asking you for threads about olodumare for the purpose of education only wishes to waste your time and set you up.

The moment you do so, watch how his gang would evade the thread and begin trying to make you look like an idiot.

It's the way they roll. Let no man tell you how to do what you do. You are your own man with your own way. He is the last person in any position to offer you a modus operandi.

You be my guy so act with your two eyes open. wink

FYI Nairaland isn't the place for such knowledge. Here are lions and wolves whose sole aim is to tear down what they do not understand

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by vaxx: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
butterflylion:
Vaxx that one that is asking you for threads about olodumare for the purpose of education only wishes to waste your time and set you up.

The moment you do so, watch how his gang would evade the thread and begin trying to make you look like an idiot.

It's the way they roll. Let no man tell you how to do what you do. You are your own man with your own way. He is the last person in any position to offer you a modus operandi.

FYI Nairaland isn't the place for such knowledge. Here are lions and wolves whose sole aim is to tear down what they do not understand
lol... you guys should settle your grievances... this is an online forum... you are making it look real... I beg you in the name of Jesus.... we need to learn from each other despite differences... who know you may have him as your first convert on nairaland
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by adepeter2027(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Make i just Dae observe
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
Good question. Believers and non believers throughout ages alike continue to wrestle with this question. I understand your quagmire, really.

I am not sure that "disbelieving" in a 'supreme being' is the answer either.

Food for thought:

It's like having a child whom you warn not to 'touch a hot stove' 'cause it will burn. And, the child turns around and touches the stove, and while at it, tips the boiling pot of water, gets burned and has now sustained 3rd degree burns that has disfigured the childs physical form all of his or her entire life.

Perhaps even the burn injury sustained affects his physical, emotional and mental health. Now, lets take it up a notch and say this injury changes the structure of this child's DNA such that with subsequent offsprings, the injury is passed on for generations to come. [/b]Mind you, this example is entirely possible for some diseases process.

[b]
Now, does it make sense for the child to say "well.... i don't believe in mom and dad because I (and my children's children) are suffering. Or will it make sense for your great great grandchildren to disbelieve your existence because of the illness or physical deformity passed down to them?

So, I am sure you have heard this before:

Our human suffering was passed down to us from consequences of the first parents (ie; Adam & Eve) disobedience and their exercise of their free will.

I will entreat you to hold on to the little faith and ask for strength to bare things if not make them better 'till the day all sufferings ends (as we are promised that suffering will eventually end if death does not take you first). Do not heed those who urge you to abandon your faith or belief in God.

Take care.

Hati13:
I've stopped believing in God/gods few years ago, but if there is/are God/gods like most ppl confidently believe, then why are some of us facing lifetime suffering?

Those God/gods could be advanced Aliens or God of Christianity/Islam or any other forms, but if they created us and most of us worship them, then at least they should help us directly. If not, then why did they created us? Is it to see us suffer and die and see the same thing again and again until everything is destroyed/ended?
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by butterflylion: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
vaxx:
lol... you guys should settle your grievances... this is an online forum... you are making it look real... I beg you in the name of Jesus.... we need to learn from each other despite differences... who know you may have him as your first convert on nairaland

Bro I have no grievances with the boy o cheesy

I just love the way he lies so convincingly to the uninformed grin wink

He first convinces himself about his lies and then pushes same to the gullible. Mention Olodumare as the creator now and watch him immediately say categorically that you are talking bvllshit.

No question like how? Why? When? The only question you would get would be "which"? As in which of the 4000 gods is Olodumare.

No matter how you try to explain sensibly he would simply be on a "subtle" mission to stylishly make you look silly while trying to talk nice at the same time.

He loves playing good cop bad cop.

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by hopefulLandlord: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
vaxx:
thanks bro ... I will work toward it.. it takes more time and energy since most of them can not be easily source from websites....

am even hoping on developing a website that will solve this challenges... but I want to make sure my evidence are really true and not bias

that's interesting

my knowledge of Africa religion is superficial, I was following threads by Babalawos, read every word of his threads and I found them fascinating until he veered into bullsheet arena by uploading sham videos like one where he claimed to drive a car via telekinesis or something while the trained eye can see its simply a trick, he became a joke since then but its good to have you around, I look forward to the threads
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by vaxx: 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
butterflylion:

Bro I have no grievances with the boy o cheesy

I just love the way he lies so convincingly to the uninformed grin wink

He first convinces himself about his lies and then pushes same to the gullible. Mention Olodumare as the creator now and watch him immediately say categorically that you are talking bvllshit.

No question like how? Why? When? The only question you would get would be "which"? As in which of the 4000 gods is Olodumare.

No matter how you try to explain sensibly he would simply be on a "subtle" mission to stylishly make you look silly while trying to talk nice at the same time.

He is an open book to me. grin
still try as much as possible to be nice with each other....I read one of his thread... there is no atheist in foxhole... I think there are lot of things to learn there....although I do not agree with him....but I found it very interesting.... trust me u can learn from him
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by vaxx: 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that's interesting

my knowledge of Africa religion is superficial, I was following threads by Babalawos, read every word of his threads and I found them fascinating until he veered into bullsheet arena by uploading sham videos like one where he claimed to drive a car via telekinesis or something while the trained eye can see its simply a trick, he became a joke since then but its good to have you around, I look forward to the threads
I also read the thread too... I think the guy is here for business.. I just hope everyone is wise enough....
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by butterflylion: 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
vaxx:
still try as much as possible to be nice with each other....I read one of his thread... there is no atheist in foxhole... I think there are lot of things to learn there....although I do not agree with him....but I found it very interesting.... trust me u can learn from him

Can he learn from me? His answer would be no.

Can I learn from him? I seriously doubt that especially since he has nothing to offer me beyond his "dogmatic " repetitive atheist posturing which I find extremely boring.

Let me drop this matter as nairaland is not my world egbon mi. My own is simply to "nicely " expose all his bvllshit with a smile on my face. grin

1 Like

Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by vaxx: 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that's interesting

I also read the thread too... I think the guy is here for business.. I just hope everyone is wise enough....
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by johnydon22(m): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
the actuality of suffering does not preclude the existence of a God, only precludes the existence of a God who is all powerful, all good and all knowing at the same time
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hati13:
• Ersan,

But not all are being tested on the same level.
Running 10 meters is easy than running a steeplechase marathon.

Same way suffering is a test, being rich or satisfied is a test.

For, He it is who has made you inherit the earth, [165] and has raised some of you by degrees above others, so that He might try you by means of what He has bestowed upon you. [166] Verily, thy Sustainer is swift in retribution: yet, behold, He is indeed much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace. - 6:165 (Asad)

For it is in this way [44] that We try men through one another - to the end that they might ask, "Has God, then, bestowed His favour upon those others in preference to us?" [45] Does not God know best as to who is grateful [to Him]? - 6:53 (Asad)

People take this life too seriously.

“Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers, evil-doers), and (there is) Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers, good-doers), whereas the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment“. [57:20]
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by Ericsunday619: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2017
terrezo2002:
you stopped believing in God because of suffering. what will happen then if you were tested like Abraham who had to wait till he was 100 Years old before he had a child through his wife Sarah and yet didn't become atheist?
What will you do if you were tested like Job who lost all his children and properties and yet didn't curse God?
or David after he was anointed roamed the wilderness for 13 years
or The Apostles who some were beheaded, pierced through with Spears, thrown into prisons, given to lions and wild beasts yet the other Christians kept the faith.
God exists. You can't see Him, but He is always present and He knows all that we pass through and hears us when we pray.
God is looking for faithful worshippers. He is looking for those who love Him and truth. Do not doubt Him.
so atheists are bad people
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by Ericsunday619: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2017
vaxx:
hopefulandlord convert. It's not possible. He is the one that made atheism so popular on nairaland grin
Re: If There Is/are God/gods, Then Why Are Some Of Us Facing Lifetime Suffering? by Ericsunday619: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2017
butterflylion:

am one of his followers grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Is Alive / Does This Make Me An Unbeliever? / Framework For Assessing Mythological Heroes Such As Jesus, Zeus, Oedipus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.