Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (84003 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
almarthins:

[s] Abeg who dey chase u ? Devil or Jesus.

I had discover that people generally do nt want any thing called godliness because the nature in dem wants to do sm else. Atleast u know there is hell n there is heaven. Is up to you.

Ur complain about their character, u want to cheat dem n xpect dem to say God bless you, right ? I can't find that in the Qouran n in the bible.
[/s] I'm sorry to say that what you wrote up there is undiluted nonsense

Let's even break down this holiness of a thing gan sef that you people keep blowing whistle about

That Deeper Life preaches using Jesus as a symbol of excellence while other churches use the devil abi?

That you people chose to have poor taste in fashion, therefore, no trouser, no earrings, no makeups or wigs?

That you're deprived the access to television and social gathering?

That all you think about is how to make heaven while you see other people as candidates of hell fire ?

That you don't use instruments in praising God but only sit down, clap your hands and sing Hymns

That you people are usually very taciturn when the issue of sex, politics and football are discussed?

Abeg tell me about the holiness you Deeper Life members keep ranting about gan sef?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by levisco16(m): 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
honestly today was a fantastic night sharing our thoughts, i would love to have this kind of posts again.

i wan to watch some videos i download from youtube about how to hear from the Holy Spirit.

Good Night Friends, Sleep with joy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrMcJay:
The mistake most people make are that they focus on the wedding and ignore the marriage.

Have you noticed that Deeper Life couples have one of the lowest rates of divorce in Nigeria?

To each his own, but Deeper Life has a formula that is sure working well for its members.
Yea! It isnt about the formula as it were! Its in allowing God to lead us to the right Person!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
I have sat under the teaching of so many ministers and ministry.
The church ( body of Christ) is striving towards perfection.

I firmly aver that, not every denomination is meant for your spiritual growth and upliftment..Not every Church is meant for you..

If u seek deliverance go to MFM,CAC
If u seek Holiness go to DLBC,Apostolic faith
If u seek prosperity go to Living Faith
If u seek to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit the believers love world should be your destination.

The churches above lay their major emphasis on these..

Its a pity so called Christians throw tantrums on non essential things of the Kingdom of God..

I now see why Apostle Paul addressed the Galatian brethren as FOOLS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2017
daveP:
Some deeper life doctrines, preaching are very good and needed, but the extremism is my own wahala wit dem. Tosyne2much have outlined exactly how 7/10 of dem behaves, and dats a worrying trend. I've succeeding in changing the mentality of a few i came across with biblical backings, etc(without insults). there was just a problem; how their parents would now react to them.. i can go on, but i'l stop here.
Though, I know it may be hard for me to win this battle cos I don't have a supporting hand, but one thing I will always emphasize on is that, I described the way most of them really are 'character wise" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2017
JoshMedia:

I can boldly say it
I wouldn't have been who I am today if not for a Deeper Life pastor
an HOD of a Mechanical Department,
I could remember the day I went to request for his help

I could recall
I was standing outside, this man was coming from somewhere and met me outside, he looked at me and spoke to me in a lovely manner.
Took me into his office and spoke to me, He grized my hand with 10k, many of the HOD I know always frown at student

Now, here I am today, I don't even know where the man is now, he doesn't know what have become, but am here testifying about him

Tosyne2much should I say no love between this people?
Even if I say so, God may punish me for that

A Deeper Life member also asked me to go and meet him Ooh
Bro, I never opined that they don't exemplify love. What I said was that MOST of them don't extend their love to non members
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Its well, God would perfect his work in our Lives and make us Balanced Christians and true ambassadors of Christ! Goodnight Sir,
That's it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Talkwell: 12:15am On Sep 26, 2017
An2elect2:
I don't blame you.
By God's grace I would open a thread and explain how deeper life encourages sin and discourages holy living contrary to popular opinion

Mention me wen u do
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Talkwell: 12:17am On Sep 26, 2017
levisco16:
honestly today was a fantastic night sharing our thoughts, i would love to have this kind of posts again.

i wan to watch some videos i download from youtube about how to hear from the Holy Spirit.

You just committed a sin cheesy

Damn !!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 12:18am On Sep 26, 2017
An2elect2:
I don't blame you.
By God's grace I would open a thread and explain how deeper life encourages sin and discourages holy living contrary to popular opinion
And that will increase your salary?
Oh, doubt if you even work yet, because if you do, you won't have the time.
Who go even post for the thread gan self? cheesy angry cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 26, 2017
@ op The scriptures backing some of the things you witnessed or heard there are
1."You adulterers and adulteresses, know you not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" James 4:4 . As a Christian you must not copy the things of the world.
1 John 2:15-16 - Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him

You have to be different
2.The scripture made it clear on the kind of apparel to be put on by ladies. Not golden necklaces,bead,chains, ear rings."Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire" 1 Tim 2:9
3. Covering of every part of the body.
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect" Romans 12:1-2.

The only woman that wore make up in the Bible is Jezebel. You find that in 2 Kings 9:30 " And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard [of it]; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window. It's advisable for Christian sisters to do away with worldly things

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 12:24am On Sep 26, 2017
asuustrike2009:
@ op The scriptures backing some of the things you witnessed or heard there are
1."You adulterers and adulteresses, know you not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" James 4:4 . As a Christian you must not copy the things of the world.
1 John 2:15-16 - Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him

You have to be different
2.The scripture made it clear on the kind of apparel to be put on by ladies. Not golden necklaces,bead,chains, ear rings."Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire" 1 Tim 2:9
3. Covering of every part of the body.
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect" Romans 12:1-2.

The only woman that wore make up in the Bible is Jezebel. You find that in 2 Kings 9:30 " And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard [of it]; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window. It's advisable for Christian sisters to do away with worldly things
Correct

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by laamdee: 12:34am On Sep 26, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:
Happy to see a post on this....

They complain because they are finding it difficult living to the standard that God expects....

And for the bride with make up and extra wedding gown in her bag, it simply means that she's not born again.

# if you're happy to be a deeper lifer click like

Seriously!!!?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 12:37am On Sep 26, 2017
laamdee:

Seriously!!!?
Yeah!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by laamdee: 12:43am On Sep 26, 2017
IfeomaRash:
It is not the wedding that matters.What really matters is the kind of life the couples will live inside their matrimonial home.Of what benefit will it be to us girls if we have the best wedding and then begin preparing for divorce after three months.Abeg I will gladly accept this type of wedding any time any day

Who says u can have both if u can afford it. Not the mode of wedding makes u a good wife .You are who u are.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
But one thing that comes as a surprise to me is that they're usually very quiet people but wicked outwardly. They don't care if your life is destroyed just because they want to go to heaven alone.

Imagine, a scenario when someone is celebrating his birthday in the villa and everyone was offered meal, cake and soft drinks, only a deeper life member will reject it with a ridiculous excuse. I mean why are they like this because I believe only wicked people exhibit such attitude?

Please don't tell me only few of them are like that because I have had an encounter with many of them and I know what I'm talking about

Don't you think there's something really wrong with that church?
Just that?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 26, 2017
An2elect2:
I don't blame you.
I think your time will be better spent reaching out to the unreached. Your case look more like an atheist trying to convince other that there is no God. Why try? Why not just live your life as an atheist and they as theist? But no an atheist will always try to fight that inner consciousess of God. You can choose to continue to live in sin and expect grace to abound... But allow DL people to continue to strive...maybe one day they will attain perfection...maybe one day Gods mercy will reach them. Narrow is the way...and ofcourse the kingdom of God suffereth violent...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Pain(m): 1:08am On Sep 26, 2017
I wonder why older and expired ladies get a kick or high from seeing younger girls in an unattractive state..
I guess it makes them feel less threatened and less older sad
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by ransomed: 2:15am On Sep 26, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
and how many of the deeper lIfe sisters are truelly born again, i mean have had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ before we go to virginity. I can confidently tell you that 95% of their Youths both members and leaders complain about their method of conducting weddings! Even the Children of major overseers! We are just fullfilling all righteousness in submission to authorities as God demanded in Romans13:1,2,, Am a Born again Christain in deeper Life, Suprised??
:::--- No, when the children of God gathered, the ekwensu family members mingled with them to cause confusion. What is the essence of wasting your resources on mundane things that are not edifying, glorious and just in the body of christ? Why do we need to be of "this world" when we are instructed not to be part of it. We are indeed at the perilous time, hypocrites should remember that judgement will start from the church and do not be decieved, God cannot be mocked whatever we sow, we shall reap. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by almarthins(m): 2:39am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
[s] I'm sorry to say that what you wrote up there is undiluted nonsense

Let's even break down this holiness of a thing gan sef that you people keep blowing whistle about

That you people preach using Jesus as a symbol of excellence while other church use the devil abi?

That you people chose to have poor taste in fashion, therefore, no trouser, no earrings, no makeups or wigs?

That you're deprived the access to television and social gathering?

That all you think about is how to make heaven while you see other people as candidates of hell fire ?

That you don't use instruments in praising God but only sit down, clap your hands and sing Hymns

That you people are usually very taciturn when the issue of sex, politics and football are discussed?

Abeg tell me about the holiness you people have been ranting about gan sef? [/s]

U can come up with any autocratic philosophy to misguild the feeble minded. Or the simplistic soul. I trash those gabbage of urs.

U can switch on ur gang of deaf ears. Abi u hear me preach holiness. If u truely open DAT bible of urs very well u will understand that holiness is nt a act that fall from the blues. If like listen.if want don listen no body dey beg u to. U fit open church n start playing rihana" work" inside na. Wetin we never see or hear before. Just follow follow huh! D rest n between u n ur maker

I no be holy man o but I know this things are true n real. Na grace to them na him I dey look for and pray towards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by humberjade: 2:44am On Sep 26, 2017
princechurchill:
Deeper life wedding is equivalent to a wicked man's burial

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by seyiofficial(m): 2:46am On Sep 26, 2017
motun2017:
as a girl born and brought up in deeperlife i can tell you. you dont wanna wish your eneemy dt kind of wedding (funeral) mtcheew
I tell, bride will dress like nurse,all those old Granny nurse

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 26, 2017
motun2017:
as a girl born and brought up in deeperlife i can tell you. you dont wanna wish your eneemy dt kind of wedding (funeral) mtcheew
I am sure U are a clown claiming to brought up in Deeper Life because we don't groom whores, their ears are never pierced, stop ur blasphemous comment or receive the imminent wrought of God
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Lucascruiz(m): 4:01am On Sep 26, 2017
protonz:
D couples look fine to me!!! Especially d 3rd pic.
Without make up she is still a beauty. Nairaland galz take a cue from that fine gal instead of heating so much.
no one is talking about beauty here...someone shoudnt jyst dress like a nun in a wedding to pleaae some doctrines that despise other people in the society
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Olabodes: 4:42am On Sep 26, 2017
JoshMedia:

Wow
Who do we have here?
Another miscreant who doesn't use his senses

As for the lady's case, so you think Deeper Life is what make her like that?
See, I get plenty Deeper Life friends, female even plenty and they are all Jovia
So tell me another lie
you are a goat that hw deeper life and johovah witnesses do they dnt believe in medicine and people around them,what they believe most is the sainty in them
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by deturla: 5:05am On Sep 26, 2017
levisco16:

Thanks for the feedback Sir. We hope to see you on more of our engaging posts.

Please follow me on NL and check out http://deedeesblog.com.

We share thought provoking contents. Good Morning.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Dnockeror333(m): 5:15am On Sep 26, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:
Happy to see a post on this....

They complain because they are finding it difficult living to the standard that God expects....

And for the bride with make up and extra wedding gown in her bag, it simply means that she's not born again.

# if you're happy to be a deeper lifer click like cheesy

Please, commentor, you made me to roll in questions. I need reply your comment!

1. What standard does Earths Father expects? Are you so ignorant? Where do we hear that every marriage must be done in the Church? That they MUST wear white and a coat to cause stair? That tgey must spend and be spent for their pastors while Brother Peter and Paul and the other Ten die without funfair?
Where have you heard such, from the mouths of men who have innate reasons for defying, redefining and demistifying their do's and don'ts?

Sister, only our Father who exist forever we should await and wait for, do not follow the ways of this world either in gold or goldless!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by deturla: 5:24am On Sep 26, 2017
Dnockeror333:

Please, commentor, you made me to roll in questions. I need reply your comment!

1. What standard does Earths Father expects? Are you so ignorant? Where do we hear that every marriage must be done in the Church? That they MUST wear white and a coat to cause stair? That tgey must spend and be spent for their pastors while Brother Peter and Paul and the other Ten die without funfair?
Where have you heard such, from the mouths of men who have innate reasons for defying, redefining and demistifying their do's and don'ts?

Sister, only our Father who exist forever we should await and wait for, do not follow the ways of this world either in gold or goldless!

Bros goann sleep Joor, we'll continue this convo the morning. grin grin

Http://deedeesblog.com
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 5:50am On Sep 26, 2017
Olabodes:
you are a goat that hw deeper life and johovah witnesses do they dnt believe in medicine and people around them,what they believe most is the sainty in them
Wow...
So, Nairaland still allow clans like this?
I will not have my tiempo being revaged because your distribute is inscribed all over you, get jemand being collective to you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Origin(f): 6:20am On Sep 26, 2017
No 1 I didn't see any grannies in those pictures. The couples were beautiful and their smiles are radiant. The simple life is obviously benefitting them.

Communication compromise and a lot of patience however builds marriage. And been from different denominations means one needs more of this. You can MAYBE have a simple church affair and blow it up at the party.

There is no compulsion in religion. It is strictly everyman for himself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 6:31am On Sep 26, 2017
Origin:
No 1 I didn't see any grannies in those pictures. The couples were beautiful and their smiles are radiant. The simple life is obviously benefitting them.

Communication compromise and a lot of patience however builds marriage. And been from different denominations means one needs more of this. You can MAYBE have a simple church affair and blow it up at the party.

There is no compulsion in religion. It is strictly everyman for himself.
This is an example of a literate post, unlike some!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 26, 2017
Afam4eva:
Every sane human being should reject deeper life weddings. Even though i never wedded there, i experienced a lot of deeper life weddings as a guest. From the uninspiring printing gown worn by the gown to the nwa teacher tailored suit coat worn by the groom and the fact that food is never enough. The most annoying thing is that after the church wedding you all the guests have to match begind the couple and singing this song...

I'm gong to meet the lord
Where he goeth, i will go
Where he liveth, i will live
His people shall be mine
bla bla bla
Lol..... Is the song compulsory

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / Receive Your Supernatural Healing By Faith, In Jesus Name. Amen / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.