Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,004 members, 7,810,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (83913 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:
Happy to see a post on this....

They complain because they are finding it difficult living to the standard that God expects....

And for the bride with make up and extra wedding gown in her bag, it simply means that she's not born again.

# if you're happy to be a deeper lifer click like cheesy

Am happy to be a Deeper Lifer not by Birth but by the Lords leading, but then am more happier to be Born again!! Point of correction Bro, that a Lady makes up dosent mean she is not ''Born again'' for i know alot of genuinly Saved, Spirit filled and lead sister's who do, thank you, Hope you attended Monday Bible Study?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by fof1: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
deturla:
I was all over the Internet when I stumbled on a post made by Naijasinglegirl on a Deeper Life wedding she attended and the comments on the content shocked me!

See the Number 1 picture below as shared on NSG and the comments that followed afterwards:

My friend got married in a deeper life church. No make up, no earrings, they exchanged bibles and not rings, the wife covered her hair. Her wedding gown was like it once belonged to her granny. She endured all these assault. She only showed her true colour when they wouldn’t let her family into the church on grounds that they were too ‘flashy’. She told the husband in front of the pastor to call his church to order or the wedding was off! Her family must witness her wedding or no wedding at all. The groom saw that she was serious and called to pastor aside, the family was then allowed to enter. The funniest part was after the wedding, she refused to snap any pictures. We no even know sey her sister brot her make up kit and jewelry, even a beautiful wedding gown was waiting in the car. She just disappeared for like 30 mins and returned transformed. We all couldn’t believe our eyes! She said she was now ready to snap pictures. The pastor got angry and left. She no even mind. I later asked her why she did that. She said na husband she marry, she no marry church. Her husband knew about the plan. He didn’t really approve but she made him know that dressing like her grandmother on her wedding will not make her a better wife in his house. And being beautiful and trendy will not make her the worst wife in his house.

See another comment by another Nigerian girl:

Nawa oo. This wedding pics makes me terribly depressed, almost scaring me away from marriage. Dear Lord pls come to Cherryðoc’s aid. Tell me that when the time comes she won’t insist we marry in Deeper Life. Pls tell me it would be all I have ever dreamed of. Lord give me sign!

Another comment yet again:

My uncle married a lady from Deeper Life, but apparently her dad was excommunicated from the church because he let his daughter marry an Anglican �. This was after making my uncle drag his priest to meet their pastor.
I thought we were serving the same God.

My question is, are there issues with the wedding doctrines of Deeper Life church? Why do we have a lot of grievances on the part of Nigerian ladies with respect to the doctrines of Deeper life on weddings.

If you were the bride and you were given commandments to follow being a member of a deeper life church, will you cancel your wedding because of this?

Have you been to a Deeper life wedding before, and you can relate to the above deeper life wedding pictures? Share your comments below!

http://deedeesblog.com/deeper-life-wedding-pictures/

DECEITFULNESS IS SIN. MISREPRESENTATION INDEED. DEEPER LIFE IS NOT D WAY U HV PAINTED IT. U LIED IN UR SUBMISSION. MODERATION IN ALL THINGS IS KEY.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by curvilicious: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
The wedding depends on the couple most times jare. Its the stingy weddings that we mostly see. I attended so many deeper life weddings both stingy & generous ones. Females can wear fine non exposed gowns with beautiful white turbans nd make up free faces while the men can put on tux or beautiful suits & make good food available wt Godly music. Just that most of them are either poor or stingy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Be like say this one na deeper life bashing thread cheesy

*Clear throat*

In as much as I don't discriminate, I can never marry a Deeper Life woman. How person like me wan take cope with a deeper life woman for Christ's sake? Ko possible

That was how a man that married a deeper lifer was complaining to me that how rigid his wife is and that he doesn't enjoy sex with her due to her over spirituality and non challant attitude towards romance generally.
it's one of the reasons why old marriage is very rampant in that denomination. The chances of seeing ladies in their early twenties getting married is very slim but ladies in their mid-late thirties.

One thing that irks me most about them is that they are too socially restrained for my liking, too timid, lack rational of thinking,
they are quick to learn label people witches, their pastors are more important to them than their husband, they dress poorly with about 50 shoulder pads on a single blouse. :\

The last time I saw daddy Kumuyi wore a 3 pieces suit that costs up to N200k, I just shook my head at his members who wear rags under the guise of making heaven undecided
Sir the Issue is not with the Church, its the individual member's level of Understanding, i speak as a deeper Life member
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
wristbangle:

Why they don't smile?. If they are sad, they should quit DL. No be by force na haba undecided

Between would u like to dress the way those bride are dressed on those pictures uploaded by OP?
my dear its the church ''deeper life'' isnt the issue, its Individual level of Understanding ooooo! My campus sisters are always full of life and are jovial
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by ojophilip(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
well! as long as they are happy it doesn't bothers me! its what dey enjoy doing! i can't criticize them for that.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by protonz(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
D couples look fine to me!!! Especially d 3rd pic.
Without make up she is still a beauty. Nairaland galz take a cue from that fine gal instead of heating so much.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Sir the Issue is not with the Church, its the individual member's level of Understanding, i speak as a deeper Life member
But one thing that comes as a surprise to me is that they're usually very quiet people but wicked outwardly. They don't care if your life is destroyed just because they want to go to heaven alone.

Imagine, a scenario when someone is celebrating his birthday in the villa and everyone was offered meal, cake and soft drinks, only a deeper life member will reject it with a ridiculous excuse. I mean why are they like this because I believe only wicked people exhibit such attitude?

Please don't tell me only few of them are like that because I have had an encounter with many of them and I know what I'm talking about

Don't you think there's something really wrong with that church?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
abclassic15:

u can't marry in deeper life cux u cnt kip 2 d doctrines
moreover pple lyk u prepare 4 wedding nd not d marriage
Bro hope you know that there are ''denominational Doctrines'' and ''general Church doctrine'' by Church here i mean the called out one's, the redeemed of the Lord through his Blood, the Spiritual Bride and body of Christ! Now if you are a member of Deeper Life you are bound to submit to their denominational doctrines guilding marriage! It is not so for a Non Deeper Lifer, Thank you
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by muriunited(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Because thy don't dress indecent, that's why, I love their mode of dressing, they dress responsible. Unlike others that use to nicked their shelf in the name of wedding.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
But one thing that comes as a surprise to me is that they're usually very quiet people but wicked outwardly. They don't care if your life is destroyed just because they want to go to heaven alone.

Imagine, a scenario when someone is celebrating his birthday in the villa and everyone was offered meal, cake and soft drinks, only a deeper life member will reject it with a ridiculous excuse. I mean why are they like this because I believe only wicked people exhibit such attitude?

Please don't tell me only few of them are like that because I have had an encounter with many of them and I know what I'm talking about

Don't you think there's something really wrong with that church?
Lol! My Brother only God knows! Its an erroneous mindset concerning true Spirituality, true Holiness and Righteousness, a misconception about the Christain Life! Which is a stumbling block to the advancement of God's kingdom on earth and the Unity of the Body of Christ! But then A new generation of Worshippers with better understanding of True spirituality is emerging from that Vision, thats my Prayer for all the Churches! Lol, he/she may be fasting nah!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
ransomed:
:::-- Ekwensu, light and darkness can never co-habit. How many of the girls that are against deeper life marriage are virgins? The children of belial will always go against anything Pure, holy and God like in nature.
and how many of the deeper lIfe sisters are truelly born again, i mean have had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ before we go to virginity. I can confidently tell you that 95% of their Youths both members and leaders complain about their method of conducting weddings! Even the Children of major overseers! We are just fullfilling all righteousness in submission to authorities as God demanded in Romans13:1,2,, Am a Born again Christain in deeper Life, Suprised??
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Talkwell: 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=tripoli007 post=60827913][/quote]
grin I just dey laff Dis evening
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
Mindfulness:
Shouldn't all Christian weddings be like that?
Did Jesus not teach humility? Did his parents not use a donkey to travel. Was he not born under the poorest of circumstances and continued to live an ascetic life and led by example to follow him?

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

Peter 3:3-4

I am not surprised some sisters do not like it. grin

Well i have seen Proud, and arrogant Sisters who are quiet, no ornament, no make up! Humility Sir is a matter of the heart, go beyond the physical
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by senatrpaichulo(m): 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
please where is the guy who wants to budget 500k for wedding and it's not enough. plz if you have 20k , you can do deeper life wedding. it's cost effective

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Lol! My Brother only God knows! Its an erroneous mindset concerning true Spirituality, true Holiness and Righteousness, a misconception about the Christain Life! Which is a stumbling block to the advancement of God's kingdom on earth and the Unity of the Body of Christ! But then A new generation of Worshippers with better understanding of True spirituality is emerging from that Vision, thats my Prayer for all the Churches! Lol, he/she may be fasting nah!
E tire me my brother. This also reminds me of a Deeper Life lady that stayed in the room (school hostel) with my friend. Mehn, this girl doesn't talk to anyone or participate in discussions, she doesn't greet her room mates, she eats alone and does her thing alone. Ordinary sachet water sef she will not collect from them when thirsty.

Then came a time she was very ill, her room mates were all looking at her and could you believe this lady couldn't humble herself by telling them to take her to a clinic. When she was almost at the point of death, they had to take her to clinic make she no come use over spirituality take relegate herself go six feet.

Come see the way wey dem begin yab her for clinic cheesy

I still don't know why an average deeper life member sees every other person as a candidate of hell fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by daamazing(m): 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrMcJay:
The mistake most people make are that they focus on the wedding and ignore the marriage.

Have you noticed that Deeper Life couples have one of the lowest rates of divorce in Nigeria?

To each his own, but Deeper Life has a formula that is sure working well for its members.
what if jehovahs witnesses? wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by michony505(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Deeper life is the most perfect church to me that points me to heaven and am GREATLY PLEASED with it. I recently dreamt about the rapture( last week) I saw vividly that the rapture took place but most Christian did not make it. Most of u will cry hell if possible when u hear rapture had taken place and u r left out. I hate churches that gratifies flesh and makes u less sorrowful on ur sinful life. Most churches (90%) have left the mssg that makes u cry and yawn for heaven to all these how to make money and look sexy Soooo sad. Do you think one of the greatest apostle ( Paul) was so cumbersome with looking sexy? I bet u if some of the ppl in this generation see Paul they will mock him and still God recognized him as one of his beloved. It pains me when some people CASTIGATE ON THINGS THAT WON'T ADD A PENNY TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD . If u r not saved u are JOKING WITH UR LIFE! What will it profit u if u gain the whole world and lose ur soul.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ukeachu1:

See as you just disgraced our enemies. You should have allowed dem rant a little more. It's painfully sweet when they have a go at the issue. Especially the ugly gals dat thinks poster colour wud save dem on their wedding day.
Bro its their Level of understanding! I use to think like them before and after i joined deeper Life untill the matter was better explained in seminars and conferences!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by ikombe: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
preciousuweh:
I love deeper life a lot, I love their sermons, teachings and their doctrines but their conservative way of life is a no no for me. that was the reason I left the church.

But this their wedding self.......... Ikombe and IAmAirforce1 I need your helps here.
I don't attend church services. So I have nothing to say

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
tripoli007:

Okay fine .. Aside from the breast,Did you see any other difference in the mode of dressing. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander .. Have a bad night
Go on Bro
Show your stupidity further

The guy got your lie
Now you are trying to cover up?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Bro its their Level of understanding! I use to think like them before and after i joined deeper Life untill the matter was better explained in seminars and conferences!
That's it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by OldBeer: 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
My brother, deeper life members are the most heartless and wicked people you can ever come across. Abeg forget all these their holy holy attitudes wey dem dey display.

I have a deeper life as a neighbour and I know how wicked she can be. Not forgetting the ones I used to have as hostel mates

I don't know why their doctrines turn them to something else.
I can confirm this one.
They use holiness to cover their black hearts.
Tueh!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tripoli007(m): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
JoshMedia:

Go on Bro
Show your stupidity further

The guy got your lie
Now you are trying to cover up?

Fine I lied with that,we all do . Can you explain this pics to me , Mr I have never told a lie

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by fynex(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
deturla:
I was all over the Internet when I stumbled on a post made by Naijasinglegirl on a Deeper Life wedding she attended and the comments on the content shocked me!

See the Number 1 picture below as shared on NSG and the comments that followed afterwards:

My friend got married in a deeper life church. No make up, no earrings, they exchanged bibles and not rings, the wife covered her hair. Her wedding gown was like it once belonged to her granny. She endured all these assault. She only showed her true colour when they wouldn’t let her family into the church on grounds that they were too ‘flashy’. She told the husband in front of the pastor to call his church to order or the wedding was off! Her family must witness her wedding or no wedding at all. The groom saw that she was serious and called to pastor aside, the family was then allowed to enter. The funniest part was after the wedding, she refused to snap any pictures. We no even know sey her sister brot her make up kit and jewelry, even a beautiful wedding gown was waiting in the car. She just disappeared for like 30 mins and returned transformed. We all couldn’t believe our eyes! She said she was now ready to snap pictures. The pastor got angry and left. She no even mind. I later asked her why she did that. She said na husband she marry, she no marry church. Her husband knew about the plan. He didn’t really approve but she made him know that dressing like her grandmother on her wedding will not make her a better wife in his house. And being beautiful and trendy will not make her the worst wife in his house.

See another comment by another Nigerian girl:

Nawa oo. This wedding pics makes me terribly depressed, almost scaring me away from marriage. Dear Lord pls come to Cherryðoc’s aid. Tell me that when the time comes she won’t insist we marry in Deeper Life. Pls tell me it would be all I have ever dreamed of. Lord give me sign!

Another comment yet again:

My uncle married a lady from Deeper Life, but apparently her dad was excommunicated from the church because he let his daughter marry an Anglican �. This was after making my uncle drag his priest to meet their pastor.
I thought we were serving the same God.

My question is, are there issues with the wedding doctrines of Deeper Life church? Why do we have a lot of grievances on the part of Nigerian ladies with respect to the doctrines of Deeper life on weddings.

If you were the bride and you were given commandments to follow being a member of a deeper life church, will you cancel your wedding because of this?

Have you been to a Deeper life wedding before, and you can relate to the above deeper life wedding pictures? Share your comments below!

http://deedeesblog.com/deeper-life-wedding-pictures/

I really don't know why people complain over all these things
It's the church's ways and doctorines
Dragging the name of a church on the mud because you don't like the way they do their things wouldn't make you a better person, yeah it might make you popular or make a million people support your view, but that doesn't make you wise or smart

It's a simple thing. ...if you don't like their doctrine quietly change, there are many churches that would fit into what anyone desires.. ..

It's not compulsory that the wedding must even be done in a church.. ..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrMcJay:
The mistake most people make are that they focus on the wedding and ignore the marriage.

Have you noticed that Deeper Life couples have one of the lowest rates of divorce in Nigeria?

To each his own, but Deeper Life has a formula that is sure working well for its members.
You're making Sense!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
OldBeer:
I can confirm this one. They use holiness to cover their black hearts. Tueh!
Exactly!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
fynex:

I really don't know why people complain over all these things
It's the church's ways and doctorines
Dragging the name of a church on the mud because you don't like the way they do their things wouldn't make you a better person, yeah it might make you popular or make a million people support your view, but that doesn't make you wise or smart

It's a simple thing. ...if you don't like their doctrine quietly change, there are many churches that would fit into what anyone desires.. ..

It's not compulsory that the wedding must even be done in a church.. ..

You're making sense sir
as for the bolded, it only showed her hatred and illiteracy

Cc:deturla

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
E tire me my brother. This also reminds me of a Deeper Life lady that stayed in the room (school hostel) with my friend. Mehn, this girl doesn't talk to anyone or participate in discussions, she doesn't greet her room mates, she eats alone and does her thing alone. Ordinary sachet water sef she will not collect from them when thirsty.

Then came a time she was very ill, her room mates were all looking at her and could you believe this lady couldn't humble herself by telling them to take her to a clinic. When she was almost at the point of death, they had to take her to clinic make she no come use over spirituality take relegate herself go six feet.

I still don't know why an average deeper life member sees every other person as a candidate of hell fire
LoL! I wonder why she behaves like that! Her own Spirituality is Suicidal nah, Jesus our role model wasnt like that, My saviour was very Social nah when he came to earth to save humanity! Jesus no send, him just dey relate wella with People if you Good him go make u better! If you bad, him go make you become the best ask the samaritan woman, and the other famous Prostitude, even meself yes me, a wretch, the vilest of sinners, him waka cum meet me as i dey change my Life, even when him hang for cross him still save a condemned criminal! Now thats contact without contamination! Most christains from these ''Holiness movement'' churches need reorientation sha, No mind my pigdin english ooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by fyxboss(m): 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
motun2017:
as a girl born and brought up in deeperlife i can tell you. you dont wanna wish your eneemy dt kind of wedding (funeral) mtcheew
Hi, let's talk. do u mind?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by levisco16(m): 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
as for so called christians, if you critise this post then you lack understanding, you should ask the Holy Spirit for understanding.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:

Wow
Who do we have here?
Another miscreant who doesn't use his senses

As for the lady's case, so you think Deeper Life is what make her like that?
See, I get plenty Deeper Life friends, female even plenty and they are all Jovia
So tell me another lie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / Searching & Sharing Chat / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.