Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) (57147 Views)

Ibo, Hausa And Yoruba Are Not Indegenous Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
adisabarber:
Ko si iyato ninu gambari ati Fulani jare grin
there is difference.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
akinade28:

I will call it oshuka
I always wonder how they cope with heat after wrapping such massive cloths around their head .
the people of desert used it because of sun,turban is not islam,it doesn't relate to islam only.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by blackjack21(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Jigawa State, Kila District of Gwaram LGA.

Kant believe we came from the same state. I'm from from Roni lga formerly Kazaure lga. smiley
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 12:23am On Sep 30, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

When everyone was talking about fayose, me and my mates were laughing at the man standing next to him. Like seriously, what in Gods name is that? grin
grin grin
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

When everyone was talking about fayose, me and my mates were laughing at the man standing next to him. Like seriously, what in Gods name is that? grin
it is far better than female xtians putting on spaghetti top and mini shirt to church, cure you ailment before trying to cure others
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
NafeesaAA:
Do you know the Hausa turbans are different from Fulani ones. Hausa ones are generally bulb-shaped without the two tail-like pieces of cloth sticking out from the top. The Fulani ones, apart from the tail-like elements, are also more closely similar to the Touareag ones in structure and design.

Though these days they are both worn interchangeably.

OP, there's no difference btw Hausa and Fulani Turban styles, the differences u highlighted only show differences in the status (royal/noble or otherwise) of the turban bearer. Though marked differences exists btw Turban styles of different Emirates of Northern Nigeria. Most if not all the pictures u uploaded are Kano Turban styles.

The two tail-like element you showed as the chracteristic of the Fulani Turban is a symbol of Royal Lineage in Kano, Katsina, Zazzau (Zaria), Dutse, Kazaure, Ringim, Daura, Hadejia and Gumel Emirates. But in most other Emirates its not exclusively reserved for the Royal bloods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
blackjack21:

Nafeesa, this is not quite right.
There are three types of turban
1. Mara Kunne (no ears)
2. Mai Kunne daya (one ear)
3.mai kunne buying (two ears)

These are the three styles. There's nothing like Hausa or Fulani turban.
Some people just choose style they like to be identified with.

Well I dont think people jst choose the style they want, you choose based on your status, (atleast this is true for the Emirates I listed above). The ones without two ears are the common one which evry1 can use, the one with one ear is not all that popular and its a recent invention by Late Sardauna (Ahmadu Bello) (Or may be he was the one that popularised it), this style is mostly called "Sardauna" and it can also be use by most people.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by blackjack21(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

Well I dont think people jst choose the style they want, you choose based on your status, (atleast this true for the Emirates I listed above). The one without two ear are the common one which evry1 can use, the one with one ear is not all that popular and its a recent invention by Late Sardauna (Ahmadu Bello) (Or may be he was the one that popularised it), this style is mostly called "Sardauna"

You are right about that. But I have worn 1ear at hawan panisau, Kano, that was a long time ago, yet, I don't have close relationship with royals And nobody said nothing. It's just an unwritten rules.

Though it can consequences if you outshine the master.
Do you know that the legendary Ibro(the actor) was once unmounted and prevented from coming to durbar because he gathered more or as much attention as the king, Ado bayero?
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
Fulaman198:

I don't think it originated from Touaregs and Arabs, however, we can agree that there is NOTHING whatsoever like Fulani or Hausa style of wearing a Turban. When I wear a Turban, I do not make the top ends pointy.

It may not have originated from the Arabs but surely both Hausa and Fulani (Cant say about the Touaregs) obtained the trend from Islam, because at first, Turban is a symbol of all Modibbo (Both Fulani and Hausa Islamic Clerics) during the time Hausas were Ruled by Kings (When the Hausa states were secular, though their rulers were Muslims but the states were not ruled according to the tenets of Islam), but with the comming of the erudite Arab/Berber scholar Muhammad al-maghili around 1492 to Kano and Katsina the states changed to a Sultanate (i.e. State rule according to Islamic tenets), and the rulers also adopted the use of the turban deligently, as they now become both the political and religious leaders of their states.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
blackjack21:

You are right about that. But I have worn 1ear at hawan panisau, Kano, that was a long time ago, yet, I don't have close relationship with royals And nobody said nothing. It's just an unwritten rules.

Though it can consequences if you outshine the master.
Do you know that the legendary Ibro(the actor) was once unmounted and prevented from coming to durbar because he gathered more or as much attention as the king, Ado bayero?

The rule is written, try wanting an audience wit the Emir whilst waering it, though theres alittle waiver during mounted celebrations.

Yea u can use one ear or no ear during mounted events, but Kano royal House and Noble Houses use two ears and no ears.

But thats not correct, you cant out shine the Emir no matter how hard you try because "Kowa yayi hawa Sarki ya taya" (Whoever mount a horse mounts it for the King).

Ibro was unmounted because he has no official title, u can only mount and gather your own followers if you hv an official title if not you and your followers most be under the command/wings of an official title holder.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

It may not have originated from the Arabs but surely both Hausa and Fulani (Cant say about the Touaregs) obtained the trend from Islam, because at first, Turban is a symbol of all Modibbo (Both Fulani and Hausa Islamic Clerics) during the time Hausas were Ruled by Kings (When the Hausa states were secular, though their rulers were Muslims but the states were not ruled according to the tenets of Islam), but with the comming of the erudite Arab/Berber scholar Muhammad al-maghili around 1492 to Kano and Katsina the states changed to a Sultanate (i.e. State rule according to Islamic tenets), and the rulers also adopted the use of the turban deligently, as they now become both the political and religious leaders of their states.

I dont know how accurate this is, the turban has no islamic meaning behind it. If anything its used by desert dwellers especially to guard against the rigors of dust and sand. I dont see how adopting islamic rule would mean wearing turbans. Even arab/berber rulers dont exclusively wear turbans, just a universal attire. I would agree it originated from the middle east, but i disagree with your stipulations as to why and how. And al maghili entered rumfas court in the 15th century, by most accounts hausas have used turbans long before then.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by urahara(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Of course it will sound like drivel to an im.becile. LOL When you' re too stu pid to compose a proper sarcastic sentence and are trying too hard to pass that poppycock as sarcasm.

Claws, slap... that actually made sense in that pathetic silly mind of yours. grin grin grin You cant even use this simple idiom right.

Fact still remains: Thats not how to use sarcasm, and theres no reason to use the word "philistine" in this context because it makes no sense (except you're trying too hard to sound smart, which you're woefully failing at BTW). If anything given the comment that drew my attention, you're the philistine not me.You need to go and find yourself an english tutor.

FYI, i have an IQ of 147, my intellect is not in question. That is if you're too foolish to figure out through this conversation who the smarter person is or better yet who is more suited to detecting and dishing out sarcasm.

Chaiii , see as you finish her grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Demmzy15(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
Myde4naija:
it is far better than female xtians putting on spaghetti top and mini shirt to church, cure you ailment before trying to cure other
I guess the guy you're talking to is probably a Muslim
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Myde4naija:
it is far better than female xtians putting on spaghetti top and mini shirt to church, cure you ailment before trying to cure other
the guy is muslim,he is just joking.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by blackjack21(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

The rule is written, try wanting an audience wit the Emir whilst waering it, though theres alittle waiver during mounted celebrations.

Yea u can use one ear or no ear during mounted events, but Kano royal House and Noble Houses use two ears and no ears.

But thats not correct, you cant out shine the Emir no matter how hard you try because "Kowa yayi hawa Sarki ya taya" (Whoever mount a horse mounts it for the King).

Ibro was unmounted because he has no official title, u can only mount and gather your own followers if you hv an official title if not you and your followers most be under the command/wings of an official title holder.

I see
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ersan:

I dont know how accurate this is, the turban has no islamic meaning behind it. If anything its used by desert dwellers especially to guard against the rigors of dust and sand. I dont see how adopting islamic rule would mean wearing turbans. Even arab/berber rulers dont exclusively wear turbans, just a universal attire. I would agree it originated from the middle east, but i disagree with your stipulations as to why and how. And al maghili entered rumfas court in the 15th century, by most accounts hausas have used turbans long before then.

Turban may not have Islamic origin, but Islam is wat brought it to Hausaland, Islam came to Hausaland via trans-Sahara traders who were mostly people of Arab/Berber Origin, before the advent of Islam Hausas dont use Turban, Abaya, alkyabba and the likes. Yeah Al-Maghili was a kind of Islamic rivivalist when he came to Hausaland in the 15th Century, and he was not the one that brought Islam or the Turban to Hausaland, but was the one who encourages its widespread usage especially amongst the Rulers. Islam came to Hausaland as far back as13th century though some Hausa states adopted it before others.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

Turban may not have Islamic origin, but Islam is wat brought it to Hausaland, Islam came to Hausaland via trans-Sahara traders who were mostly people of Arab/Berber Origin, before the advent of Islam Hausas dont use Turban, Abaya, alkyabba and the likes. Yeah Al-Maghili was a kind of Islamic rivivalist when he came to Hausaland in the 15th Century, and he was not the one that brought Islam or the Turban to Hausaland, but was the one who encourages its widespread usage especially amongst the Rulers. Islam came to Hausaland as far back as13th century though some Hausa states adopted it before others.

Nope! Islam was not brought to hausaland by arabs/berbers but wangara scholars from Mali. In fact prior to maghili they had very little to do with islam in hausaland and even during maghilis reign he was only an adviser to the king who brought certain jurisdictions to his court and maybe responsible for islamizing some of the ruling class but in terms of islamizing the populace as a whole he had very little to do with that. I am wondering why something that has no islamic reasoning behind it would be encouraged by an islamic scholar, for what? and like you said, our alasho is quite different from what they wear.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by RedboneSmith(m): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
Persians wearing turban as early as 300 BC.

This mosaic is the scene of a battle between Alexander the Great of Greece-Macedonia and Darius King of the Persians (circa 330 BC). The Persians are on the right. Note their turbans.

The turban pre-dates Islam by centuries if not millenia, and must have spread into Africa through trade routes with Asia, and didn't necessarily go hand in hand with the spread of Islam. There is even a Christian sect in Kenya that is noted for tying turbans.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ersan:

Nope! Islam was not brought to hausaland by arabs/berbers but wangara scholars from Mali. In fact prior to maghili they had very little to do with islam in hausaland and even during maghilis reign he was only an adviser to the king who brought certain jurisdictions to his court and maybe responsible for islamizing some of the ruling class but in terms of islamizing the populace as a whole he had very little to do with that. I am wondering why something that has no islamic reasoning behind it would be encouraged by an islamic scholar, for what? and like you said, our alasho is quite different from what they wear.

Lol, when you talk of the "Wangarawa" u are refering to those that brought Islam to Kano only; and remember Kano was only one amongst nearly seven Hausa states. Besides the real ethnic identity of the Wangarawa is not known to date, even in Kano some historians believe they wete Fulani, some say they were Arabs, Berber and even Turkish.

And your asertion that Turban hv nothing to do with Islam is not plausible. Turban hv everything to do wt Islam I can quote for hadiths of the prophet (s.a.w.) in which he encourages muslims to wear turbans and in them showing the superiority of praying to Allah (swt) wit a turban over those with a cap or bear headed. But I dont knw which religion u practice so I wont try quoting.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

Lol, when you talk of the "Wangarawa" u are refering to those that brought Islam to Kano only; and remember Kano was only one amongst nearly seven Hausa states. Besides the real ethnic identity of the Wangarawa is not known to date, even in Kano some historians believe they wete Fulani, some say they were Arabs, Berber and even Turkish.

And your asertion that Turban hv nothing to do with Islam is not plausible. Turban hv everything to do wt Islam I can quote for hadiths of the prophet (s.a.w.) in which he encourages muslims to wear turbans and in them showing the superiority of praying to Allah (swt) wit a turban over those with a cap or bear headed. But I dont knw which religion u practice so I wont try quoting.

MALLAM, TURBAN IS JUST A DRESSING TO CULTURE OF THE ARABS AND NOTHERNERS, ITS NOT PART OF OUR DEEN.

IF I DON'T PUT ON A TURBAN, HAVE I SINNED?
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ersan:

Lol, when you talk of the "Wangarawa" u are refering to those that brought Islam to Kano only; and remember Kano was only one amongst nearly seven Hausa states. Besides the real ethnic identity of the Wangarawa is not known to date, even in Kano some historians believe they were Fulani, some say they were Arabs, Berber and even Turkish.

And your asertion that Turban hv nothing to do with Islam is not plausible. Yeah I believe Turban pre-dates Islam but still Turban hv everything to do wt Islam I can quote for u hadiths of the prophet (s.a.w.) in which he encourages muslims to wear turbans and in them showing the superiority of praying to Allah (swt) wit a turban over praying with a cap or bear headed. But I dont knw which religion u practice so I wont go to dat level.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
Alkanoicacid:

MALLAM, TURBAN IS JUST A DRESSING TO CULTURE OF THE ARABS AND NOTHERNERS, ITS NOT PART OF OUR DEEN.

No you have not sinned, but you have lost out on something good, its a "Mustahab" to wear turban. May be you should ask your Islamic teacher to ascertain what I said.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

Lol, when you talk of the "Wangarawa" u are refering to those that brought Islam to Kano only; and remember Kano was only one amongst nearly seven Hausa states. Besides the real ethnic identity of the Wangarawa is not known to date, even in Kano some historians believe they were Fulani, some say they were Arabs, Berber and even Turkish.

And your asertion that Turban hv nothing to do with Islam is not plausible. Yeah I believe Turban pre-dates Islam but still Turban hv everything to do wt Islam I can quote for u hadiths of the prophet (s.a.w.) in which he encourages muslims to wear turbans and in them showing the superiority of praying to Allah (swt) wit a turban over praying with a cap or bear headed. But I dont knw which religion u practice so I wont go to dat level.

Here i too say LOL! Even if they brought it to kano alone was kano not the basis of your argument when you mentioned Al Maghili? That even begs a further question, if he encouraged it in kano how did this practice spread all over hausaland and become so widespread in the whole sahel? Not just hausas but sahelians have been wearing turbans long before then! did he visit all those states and tell them to wear turbans too? I told you, its just an outfit for desert dwellers, stop trying to add any other meaning behind it. I have never heard of any debate that disputed the wangarawas' ethnicity, it is an established fact that these people were of mande ethnicity, not arab and not berber, anyone who holds any other opinion is wrong. Heck if you told me they were responsible for hausas wearing turbans rather than some arabs or berbers that would be more plausible.

I know the prophet wore turbans, and it is sunnah to emulate acts of the prophet, if you can show me any hadith where the prophet tells of the superiority of wearing turbans then please go ahead, i would appreciate it very much.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2017
Alkanoicacid:

LOL! You couldnt be more wrong, the fact that the prophet wore it makes it sunnah and like i said, we are to emulate acts of the prophet. Its not compulsory but it is encouraged. And why the caps? calm down with the disrespectful tone.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
RedboneSmith:
Persians wearing turban as early as 300 BC.

This mosaic is the scene of a battle between Alexander the Great of Greece-Macedonia and Darius King of the Persians (circa 330 BC). The Persians are on the right. Note their turbans.

The turban pre-dates Islam by centuries if not millenia, and must have spread into Africa through trade routes with Asia, and didn't necessarily go hand in hand with the spread of Islam. There is even a Christian sect in Kenya that is noted for tying turbans.

The islamic meaning attached to the turban was because the prophet wore it not that it was islam that gave birth to the idea on invention of turbans. I do agree though, the turban has been around in hausaland and other places long before the coming of islam. Islam was not the reason for hausas and other sahelians adopting it.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ersan:

LOL! You couldnt be more wrong, the fact that the prophet wore it makes it sunnah and like i said, we are to emulate acts of the prophet. Its not compulsory but it is encouraged. And why the caps? calm down with the disrespectful tone.

I dont meant to disrespect you by saying that, I said it bc this is a faceless forum so you may not agree wit wat I said.

Yeah from the hadith point of view its a Sunnah, but Islamic Jurisprudance (Fiqh) see it as a Mustahab.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
Baaballiyo:

I dont meant to disrespect you by saying that, I said it bc this is a faceless forum so you may not agree wit wat I said.

Yeah from the hadith point of view its a Sunnah, but Islamic Jurisprudance (Fiqh) see it as a Mustahab.

I was addressing the strange man typing in all caps.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 12:40am On Oct 01, 2017
Ersan:

Here i too say LOL! Even if they brought it to kano alone was kano not the basis of your argument when you mentioned Al Maghili? That even begs a further question, if he encouraged it in kano how did this practice spread all over hausaland and become so widespread in the whole sahel? Not just hausas but sahelians have been wearing turbans long before then! did he visit all those states and tell them to wear turbans too? I told you, its just an outfit for desert dwellers, stop trying to add any other meaning behind it. I have never heard of any debate that disputed the wangarawas' ethnicity, it is an established fact that these people were of mande ethnicity, not arab and not berber, anyone who holds any other opinion is wrong. Heck if you told me they were responsible for hausas wearing turbans rather than some arabs or berbers that would be more plausible.

I know the prophet wore turbans, and it is sunnah to emulate acts of the prophet, if you can show me any hadith where the prophet tells of the superiority of wearing turbans then please go ahead, i would appreciate it very much.

1. I Never said Islam was the origin of Turban infact I already said it pre-dates Islam.

2. I did not say Islam was responsible for the spread of turban in the entire Sahel or else where. But its solely responsible for it spread within Hausaland.

3. I did not knw what historical materials u hv access to, but the primary source of the Wangarawa issues is the "Kano Chronicles" and in it, they were refered only as "Wangarawa from Malle" (No any elucidation), therefore it left open the issue of their ethnicity, so one cant summarily dismiss other opinions as wrong. Their ethnicity is still a point of debate amongst historians, I dont know if you speak Hausa but the Author of the book, "Tarihin Kano Kafin Jihadi" (Maje Ahmad) believe otherwise, and he is a Kano Royal court historian.

4. No where in my responses did I mentioned that Arabs/Berbers were responsible for Hausas wearing Turbans, What I said its the influence they got by adopting Islam, and besides geographically Hausaland is not in the desert.

5. Heres a link you can visit on the issue of the prophet s.a.w. and his commandments on turban. http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/02/21/is-it-a-sunna-to-wear-a-turban/
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Baaballiyo:

1. I Never said Islam was the origin of Turban infact I already said it pre-dates Islam.
Good.

2. I did not say Islam was responsible for the spread of turban in the entire Sahel or else where. But its solely responsible for it spread within Hausaland.
LOL. You said this happened after the coming of al maghili and youre wrong. Its spread had nothing to do with islam and wherever it is you read that, they committed a huge blunder. Hausas have worn turbans before then. It still hasnt escaped my scrutiny, if he visited only kano and katsina, Did he visit all other hausa states and reiterated this commandnent seeing as its not limited to them?

3. I did not knw what historical materials u hv access to, but the primary source of the Wangarawa issues is the "Kano Chronicles" and in it, they were refered only as "Wangarawa from Malle" (No any elucidation), therefore it left open the issue of their ethnicity, so one cant summarily dismiss other opinions as wrong. Their ethnicity is still a point of debate amongst historians, I dont know if you speak Hausa but the Author of the book, "Tarihin Kano Kafin Jihadi" (Maje Ahmad) believe otherwise, and he is a Kano Royal court historian.
Lol! The only wangarawas from mali are mande. Theres no reason to dispute that fact. I will try to look for the book you speak of.

4. No where in my responses did I mentioned that Arabs/Berbers were responsible for Hausas wearing Turbans, What I said its the influence they got by adopting Islam, and besides geographically Hausaland is not in the desert
You credited al maghili for popularizing its usage in hausaland, stop changing your words. Or is al maghili not arab/berber?

The sahels climate and vegetation is very similar to that of a desert. Further more the nature of trade business and lifestyle during this period meant they would have to inhabit deserts at some point.

5. Heres a link you can visit on the issue of the prophet s.a.w. and his commandments on turban. http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/02/21/is-it-a-sunna-to-wear-a-turban/
At first when i visited the website i was sure it was a shiite site then i say the disclaimer below and then it made sense.

It should be noted that the aforementioned narrations and statements of the companions have weaknesses in their chains of transmission.

If you have any other better sources then please go ahead.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by JikanBaura(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2017
NafeesaAA:
Do you know the Hausa turbans are different from Fulani ones. Hausa ones are generally bulb-shaped without the two tail-like pieces of cloth sticking out from the top. The Fulani ones, apart from the tail-like elements, are also more closely similar to the Touareag ones in structure and design.

Though these days they are both worn interchangeably.

grin Dan Allah abar Kirkiran thread din banza , Their is nothing as Hausa and Fulani turbans . Haka Kawai kizo kina Mis informing din mutane... undecided Waya fada, maki rawani mai Kunne zomO grin Shine na Fulani, Marar kunnuwa Ko na Hausawa. Can you prove it tongue wane Fulani ne ya Kirkiri rawani mai Kunne angry Dan Allah fadi sunan shi.......

People of not Hausa or Fulani tribes .This is a misconception and I have no idea what my sister Naffissath is trying to achieve by misleading people.

The funny but yet beautiful smiley turban with ears angry was not Fulani invention. The turban was later later invent to differentciat royal and masses mood of dressing,since all the people in the caliphate wore turban. smiley still it's a choice cuz not all Kings were it

Tho, Beautiful pictures shocked have to download the kid picture wearing Yellow turban smiley Amman Dan Allah abar Sharara karya grin in the name of Educating people.

Abin ban haushi ne ace ba Wanda ya fada maki gaskiya anan. That's irritating you know.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Baaballiyo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2017

Good.

LOL. You said this happened after the coming of al maghili and youre wrong. Its spread had nothing to do with islam and wherever it is you read that, they committed a huge blunder. Hausas have worn turbans before then. It still hasnt escaped my scrutiny, if he visited only kano and katsina, Did he visit all other hausa states and reiterated this commandnent seeing as its not limited to them?

Lol! The only wangarawas from mali are mande. Theres no reason to dispute that fact. I will try to look for the book you speak of.

You credited al maghili for popularizing its usage in hausaland, stop changing your words. Or is al maghili not arab/berber?

The sahels climate and vegetation is very similar to that of a desert. Further more the nature of trade business and lifestyle during this period meant they would have to inhabit deserts at some point.

At first when i visited the website i was sure it was a shiite site then i say the disclaimer below and then it made sense.

It should be noted that the aforementioned narrations and statements of the companions have weaknesses in their chains of transmission.

If you have any other better sources then please go ahead.

Hmmm it seems u ar obsessed with al-Maghili.
I want to make the following clear:

a) Al-Maghili met the Hausa's wearing the turban, and he encourages the rulers of Kano and Katsina to use it the more, hence the reason it bcm more popular than before his arrival. And after the jihad the Fulani again made it more popular to the point of being the symbol of their rule, that's why its still relevant to date in the Sokoto caliphate.

b) Yes, al-Maghili visited only Kano and Katsina, but Kano and Katsina were the two pivots of Hausaland in that era, the former for its economy/wealth and the later for its Religious (Islamic) learning, so Kano and Katsina had always influenced the activities of the more Eastern states of Hausaland, that's why to date the turban is used more often in this Eastern corner of Hausaland, in essence Al-Maghili need not visit all the Hausa states, as for the populace I can only say "He who influences the court influences the state"

c) Most of the Hausa population that uses turban in that era live within the walled Hausa cities, and how many amongst them were caravan traders who ventured into the desert ? Just a fraction, so very few would have a reason to inhabit the desert at some point.

Well, I believe you read the inference they gave after the disclaimer, but you choose to stick to the disclaimer. I reiterate that weakness in the chain of transmission of a hadith (Isnad) does not render the content (Ma tan) of the hadith invalid, unless you subscribe to the Wahhabi school of thought, if so then I don't need to provide any further proof, BC that would always be the excuse u would use to reject the hadith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Town Where Death Awaits Albinos / 10 First-class Nigerian Kings Die In 6 Months {FULL LIST} / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.