Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 (67580 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / BBNaija: Erica Threatens To Kill Laycon / TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
As usual!
The Nigeria factor. Greed!
Nigeria will never develop unless this bedbug politicians stop.
Chai
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
http://www.tstvafrica.com/wheretobuy.php

I will buy mine that October 1st whether DSTV and GOTV like it or yes.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by armadeo(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nairalanders.

The rule is simple. Just stop pay in for dstv and see the miracle happen. If only 50% of subscribers stop paying they would change charges.

By Nigerians are only internet warriors come here to shout and quietly visit the atm to pay your subscription.

No matter the bouquet you pay for stop ting for 3 months and see the power of mass action.

Personally I have stopped subscribing cos I didn't see the need.

Lonely voice in the wilderness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by jacyhelen(f): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
lomprico:

I agree with you! I dont think they will announce their launch without having a licence

Until we all march to all DSTV station and deal with them things will not happen. South Africans will never allow any foreign company to compete with their indigenous companies.
We are the one doing ourselves. Like same generator cabals importers working against electricity
Am for #Tstv.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by medolab90(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
cabal cabal cabal how many times i call if you don't want Thunder to strike you and your family members let this work
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by vickillo: 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
My dear youths of Nigeria, let's stop wailing. It's time to join forces and start vandalizing all DSTV offices in the country. #dstvmustgo#

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by kazzy4u(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
I no our govt also have hand in dis issue, coz dey hv taken bribe from dstv
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Airtimex(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
I thought bubu is fighting corruption shocked
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
We shall protest this,where is "our mumu don do leaders"?
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by mechanics(m): 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
He should take his case to Buhari.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Yunkshione101: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
jacyhelen:

so if a man can buy a car for 3.5 million,is it liecence that will be hard for them?

Seeing some comments as this makes me weep for Nigeria.I,am already planning on getting this TSTV at launch not because of the sports channels but also the wifi capability of the decoder and the data speed of 4.5G which is 10times faster than 4G(do a research) from my point you'd wonder why I am more into the Internet capability but when something that good is being brought into Nigeria we know how the elites will frustrate it. cuz
1:DStv will be put out of business and this might end their monopoly and make the market more competitive.
2:No internet network provider in Nigeria TODAY will offer Nigeria such Internet speed(even if they're capable,they'll hold on to the tech and keep milking us off of our money)
3:The NBC and NCC will make things harder for this TSTV because they also got their share from DStv and other telcos and it's evident now though they're not officially launched
With these reasons stated above you should know by now the elites(cabals or whatever you call them) would sit back and watch this TSTV takeover their business?Nigerians are funny when they see this as a norm issue but the main thing is that we hope TSTV stands strong and put this issue aside and also hope other companies gets into the market too cuz when there's competition,we the customers benefits also do our pockets.
p.s if TSTV's internet capability is damn true,trust me other telcos will buckle up and we'll start seeing cheap and fast data rates from this monopoly houses.

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Joejoe12(m): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
i just hate this saying! Cabal cabal cabal everywhere, why is it that nigeria is only and solely associated with evil and bad deeds. The God that destroy farao is stil alive, he will soon destroy the cabal
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by burberry89(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
To me I just see this as a way to play with Nigerian minds so that TSTV can get enough pity from Nigerians when it launches on oct 1. E bad as e bad startimes r still doing business in nigeria. Let them launch it and if their service r better than that if DSTV people will rush to them and DSTV wil die a natural death. No one can stop it from launching it is them that should make Nigerians fall in love with them not by playing a victim game even before they start operations. If they have something new and better to offer let them bring it. HITV failed because the wanted to compete with Dstv without really looking into its financial implication. DSTV is giving Nigerians one of the cheapest cable tv services in the world. With the price list of TSTV I wonder how they will still survive after 3 years of buying tv rights from foreign tv stations, pay salaries and maintain their installations at that price. They should stop play the victim game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by HonabFaj(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
The CEO of TSTV hasn't come out to say that any cabals are frustrating him.

You can't just post something on facebook and you want us to believe you
October First is the day

3 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by jacyhelen(f): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
With 200 channels and 10G free data at the Price of 5k will tell any sensible Nigeria that Dstv and Telecom[Mtn and co] will never allow Tstv to survive.i wipe for Nigeria...
I knew this gona happen!!!!!
What's happening in this country? If truly, they somehow manage to frustrate TStv's startup, then nothing good can ever come out of this country...
Until we all march to all DSTV station and deal with them things will not happen. South Africans will never allow any foreign company to compete with their indigenous companies.
We are the one doing ourselves. Like same generator cabals importers working against electricity!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by ahnaija: 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
I don't believe this news....
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Chukwudi4naija(m): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
I don't understand the people saying TSTV should obtain license first as if the so called cabal cannot stifle the process of obtaining license. How much or long is it suppose to take before it is obtained? Why so much bureaucracy in license acquisition when we are clamouring for industrialisation via privatization? Maybe these cabal supporters don't know that license can be used as a weapon to prevent entry into a particular business thereby conferring monopoly power to an individual or firm. What is also the fuss about the quality of their programmes? If the quality is bad, the consumers will withdraw their patronage, atleast there are alternatives, so long as the ethics and morals of the people are not trampled upon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by teolagacy(m): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
lekibraky:
I see it coming because many people withheld their gotv subscription to buy this tstv on Monday myself included seeing how much multichoice will lose because they can't match this competition hence they try to frustrate its effort let us bombard NBC, dstv,gotv, lai muhammed, pmb
VP social handle in order to make this TSTV launch
funny how i did the same, so as my neighbors.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Dalek:
launch without licence? make una dey think na how can someone spend billions setting a company like that up without first thinking of licence. I'm sure that's the first thing dey would do. besides NBC would have come out since June when TSTV was first announced to inform us that dey are not licenced

you rightly said wat in my mind..how can a company who had a previous launching sabotage last June... we have this cabals to contend with if Nigeria must move forward.. I heard from unconfirmed source that our politicians all have full dstv subscriptions for free for a whole year... so you can know why tstv will be frustrated to come in..
my advice to tstv is to released a press statement regarding the license issues and we masses will do the needful.. besiege multichoise offices Nation wide,boycott their services and by compelling the Nigerian Senate to implement the local content Act in our broadcasting sector.. if all these are done.. who Born dstv well to frustrate peoples cause...

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Samdurance(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Dhayor001:
People, please think outside the box.

As much as I want to see TSTV thrive, there is nothing concrete on ground as we speak.

First, Launch in 4 days, and you don't have license yet?

Secondly, not one person can claim to have witnessed this miracles! Where is it being tested, verified, confirmed?

Thirdly, no physical variance anywhere o, just media hype and you are crying cabal.

Abeg, they should holla back when they have crossed their Ts and dotted their Is

Na Android box Tstv wan give una.
Una go spend money die to use am.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
I have a feeling this story is just to cover for TSTV's inadequate preparations for launch. The probably haven't registered the dealers, finished talking with the banks or got the required number of content or bandwidth. We are no regaled with stories about cabals etc.

If they have the license, the content, the satellite provider, the hardware, the distribution... Which cabal will stop them. Mstcheeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by omojeesu(m): 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
The big elephant has fallen. Knocked out by its rider for vultures within and without to devour.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by ddjay: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
But u guys are doing as if UNA no know naija. Simple, multichoice/gotv have settled those bastards around the president na, after all, mtn did the same grin grin angry
angry
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by whatmoreng: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wetin?? They shouldn't disrupt our Tstv ooo. If they try it, the revolution will surly come. it will be a shame that we will chase them out of power cos of cable tv.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by sugarbuns(f): 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
All those people shouting march to "DSTV office to vandalise property", I hope you know your neighbours, distant cousins or even friend's friends work there. DSTV has provided jobs and to be honest they didn't force people to subscribe, the Nigerian market is pretty large and I feel everyone will get a fair playground at the end of the day.
If you don't like DSTV you can get PLAY, MyTV, Startimes and even TSTV or even sef stream content from online platforms. My people no be beans to buy football content rights, and with the mad rates these TSTV aburos are promising one should doubt how long they'll keep their promise or stay in business.

In my opinion I feel TSTV people are playing victim and after all the hype and PR can't come out to say they won't launch.

Lezz be watching.

Disclaimer: I'm not a DSTV staff, just an observer.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by succyblinks(f): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
solufemiwa:
If this is not going to be lunched.. We are burning DSTV offices down...

Am with you on this, if by Oct 1 and tstv is stopped from launching then the dstv close to me for lag here go hear am. At least 3 dstv offices will go down by me
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by succyblinks(f): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jaiyeola24:
DSTV offices across Nigeria will pay for it come October 1st if the TSTV is not lunched, that was how MTN tried to frustrate Glo before it was eventually lunched. We must not fold our harms we have to resist this.

THOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT IF YOU HAVE IDEA ON WHAT TO DO PLS SUGGEST.

my signature from Minna Niger state.

Burn down the nearest dstv offices, our mumu don do
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Jebosh(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
Let continue talking and fighting cabals on social media,some good in typing message than going out to fight for their right and if TSTV will fear enough and remove fear,they should let us know the cabals.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Daeylar(f): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2017
lekibraky:
I see it coming because many people withheld their gotv subscription to buy this tstv on Monday myself included seeing how much multichoice will lose because they can't match this competition hence they try to frustrate its effort let us bombard NBC, dstv,gotv, lai muhammed, pmb
VP social handle in order to make this TSTV launch

Nice idea, if it doesn't launch on Oct 1st then that's the plan
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by 2n2k(m): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
jacyhelen:

so if a man can buy a car for 3.5 million,is it liecence that will be hard for them?

The comparison is irrelevant here.

Broadcasting license is the starting point. Without license, they will be regarded as a rogue station.

There are many issues govt will consider in granting the license, not just ability to finance the set up. You think Radio Biafra would have been granted a license even if Kanu had applied?

License fee may also be enormous. License fee alone is one of restraining factors in setting up telecom company even though that of re-broadcasting stations will be less than telecoms.

If TSTV had not got a license till now, what was the basis of fixing October 1st to start business? Was it planning to operate illegally?
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by succyblinks(f): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
Timoli2014:
Whether they like it or not, TSTV has come to stay or else DSTV goes down in Nigeria, "COMPLETELY BE DESTROYED "then our government will know Nigerians has taken too many shits from them

Round of applause, you have a partner in me

Let all the youths in Nigeria stand up now! Fight them physically and in social media, them dey kill us for their country yet they wan still kill us for their country. E go clear for their eye
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by edinyoh: 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
If at the end of the day tstv is being frustrated from kicking off, then i will truly believe that this country can never go any where. We will still be where we are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ozo Dances With Nengi During BBNaija Grand Finale (Video) / Alexx Ekubo Shaves Off His Beard For AY's Movie Project (Photo, Video) / Nigerians React To Miracle & Nina's Sex Scene On Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.