Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,100 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 (67615 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / BBNaija: Erica Threatens To Kill Laycon / TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by MicNz(m): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
blacknp:
I strongly recommend South Sudan and I hope your prayers are answered in this lifetime.
You no get chill oh grin
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by MicNz(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Bayajidda1:

Allah will destroy you and your family
E pain am grin
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Kakamorufu(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
KekeNash:
Nigeria have no companies that are stronger enough to compete with SA companies, MTN and Shoprite are the best things ever happened to Nigeria while in SA MTN is second best and for best retail we have Checkers, PnP and woolies. There is foreign retail from botswana called Choppies and is thriving, for those who says Southies don't wnt foreign companies to compete with them blah.. TSTV is a joke already, Don't burn Dstv offices! Burn your decoder! No Nigerian Co. That can take SA Co. Down! Nizoorians!
thunder fire you

3 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by DadaStephen1(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
I am a DSTV subscriber but I support the emergence of TSTV.
It's owned by a Nigerian Youth and will not only create more job opportunities but promote local content and give Nigerians better service and value for our money.
I've complained the DSTV mutes(censor) "GOD", "JESUS" just like they mute other unpleasant words which is an insult to me as a Christian for instance.

I understand that some "CABALS" are set to frustrate TSTV and I will like to say enough of few criminals taking advantage of the lots and determining our destinies!
I call on every Nigerian to support TSTV in anyway they can to make sure it doesn't die already like HITV.
A Nigerian business cannot take over South Africa at the detriment of their indigenous company without being attack by xenophobia. Let's support our own with love, motivation and fight any criminal who stands on its way.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by moonraker(m): 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yet when Lai Lai Minister was saying rubbish,

Alot of retards on here were trying to take his side.

Where are those retards now??

those who have done business in Nigeria, especially something major will know

that Nigeria can frustrate you.

Thats how i brought NTT Comms to Nigeria (After so much begging).

Apart from the NCC licence fee required, Alot of people in the chain of command, asking for bribe here and there.

They had to pull out of the deal..
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Yinkaotunba123: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2017
I swear with SANGO, OGUN and OYA, anybody that frustrate the launching of TSTV will either die a premature death or not reap the fruit of his/her Labour. I won't say more than this.

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by EvilMetahuman: 12:23am On Sep 28, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

Your comparism is wrong.. Some licenses are so expensive that after paying, u need loan to run the business. Go find out the cost of license in the telecom sector.

Equally. You cant announce launch date of a business when youve not even registered it for instance. How can u anounce launch date when youre yet to get the license? Thats crimjnal, thats like already looking for who to blame at failure.

Tstv to me ks a failure, the promises are too good to be true, so they are lies. Internet connection for knstance is not cheap anywhere
internet is very very very cheap In usa.

Google comcast.
They have been offering this tstv kind of service since forever.

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by geraldo077: 12:51am On Sep 28, 2017
The truth is the cabals are really fighting Tstv,the CEO was recently robbed in gwarimpa where he lives and the actions of AMAC at its gilmor office when they tried to erect a banner depicting it's location to the general public is pointer to the fact that Dstv truly wants Tstv to die a natural death.This is a clarion call to Nigerian youths to fight and resist the cabals who have said that we won't enjoy the good things of life in this country...they have been given lifetime subscription by Dstv so they do their biddings....Tstv must launch come October 1st....we await.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by jacyhelen(f): 1:18am On Sep 28, 2017
2n2k:

The comparison is irrelevant here.

Broadcasting license is the starting point. Without license, they will be regarded as a rogue station.

There are many issues govt will consider in granting the license, not just ability to finance the set up. You think Radio Biafra would have been granted a license even if Kanu had applied?

License fee may also be enormous. License fee alone is one of restraining factors in setting up telecom company even though that of re-broadcasting stations will be less than telecoms.

If TSTV had not got a license till now, what was the basis of fixing October 1st to start business? Was it planning to operate illegally?

now the question u can ask ur self,is how come they tried starting up in july when they have no Liecence
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by jacyhelen(f): 1:27am On Sep 28, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

Your comparism is wrong.. Some licenses are so expensive that after paying, u need loan to run the business. Go find out the cost of license in the telecom sector.

Equally. You cant announce launch date of a business when youve not even registered it for instance. How can u anounce launch date when youre yet to get the license? Thats crimjnal, thats like already looking for who to blame at failure.

Tstv to me ks a failure, the promises are too good to be true, so they are lies. Internet connection for knstance is not cheap anywhere

how come did they tried starting up on july?
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by jacyhelen(f): 1:38am On Sep 28, 2017
Kakamorufu:
thunder fire you

hahahahah...See his name,Kakamorufu..The thunder wey go fire him eee
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Achillesdam500(m): 5:19am On Sep 28, 2017
https://m.facebook.com/TSTVAfrica/?rc=p&__tn__=R
I just read the news on Facebook.. Tstv urges us to disregard this news
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by mydiano: 6:29am On Sep 28, 2017
Why Be say new no wan work for Nigeria May God Help Us
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Skmoda360(m): 6:34am On Sep 28, 2017
NIGHTFOX:
Doubt Nigeria can ever be good... Seriously!!
Nigeria is dead on arrival....we need a trump-like president in this country.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Skmoda360(m): 6:37am On Sep 28, 2017
brainpulse:
Until we all march to all DSTV station and deal with them, things will not happen. South Africans will never allow any foreign company to compete with their indigenous companies.
We are the one doing ourselves. Like same generator cabals importers working against electricity
you are so brainy...damn!
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
internet is very very very cheap In usa.

Google comcast.
They have been offering this tstv kind of service since forever.

How much is comcast in Naira? Convert to naira ans come back with the cheap talk, I stay in Virginia bro. ' cheap' is relative.

The slimmest bundle without sport channels is about 18$, still more than 5k naira.. I dont know why we deceive ourselves in Nigeria.

Even if tstv could start up with all the sercices promised, theyll crumble faster than a pack of cards, theyd just use up investments to offer the services then start increasing subscription to sustain it.

Btw, tstv is not wholly nigerian owned
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Skmoda360(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2017
Victornezzar:
I knew it.,.....why is the government so wicked......u can't even let ur own country product 2 grow just because of greed......God please in my next life.....even though u wanna put me in Africa......let it not be Nigeria
same here....i already dissociated with this country in spirit.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Skmoda360(m): 6:43am On Sep 28, 2017
lekibraky:
I see it coming because many people withheld their gotv subscription to buy this tstv on Monday myself included seeing how much multichoice will lose because they can't match this competition hence they try to frustrate its effort let us bombard NBC, dstv,gotv, lai muhammed, pmb
VP social handle in order to make this TSTV launch
we can take a cue from this.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Daboomb: 6:48am On Sep 28, 2017
Everybody is blaming DSTV, blaming South Africa and sighing.

Nobody is suggesting a SOLUTION...

- Like burn DSTV offices
- Like stage a protest and march on DSTV offices
- Like refuse to renew their DSTV subscription
- Like petition the Senate, concerning the evil collaboration of DSTV and NBC
....and so forth.

Sighing and whining wont solve this kind of problem.
We need to act FAST and act NOW.

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Daboomb: 6:52am On Sep 28, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

How much is comcast in Naira? Convert to naira ans come back with the cheap talk, I stay in Virginia bro. ' cheap' is relative.

The slimmest bundle without sport channels is about 18$, still more than 5k naira.. I dont know why we deceive ourselves in Nigeria.

Even if tstv could start up with all the sercices promised, theyll crumble faster than a pack of cards, theyd just use up investments to offer the services then start increasing subscription to sustain it.

That $18 is a final cost, made up of not just the "content cost" but also other costs like Staff emoluments, office accomodation, Tax, e.t.c.... all of which we all know are cheaper, in the nigerian environment, compared to the USA.
The content cost might just be 5$ only

Dont always do a lateral translation of price, when you move across borders
. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2017
adisabarber:
It must launch

Why didn't they get a license before blowing their trumpet ?

Its like in this wicked world, you want to buy a car you are telling everybody, when you don't even have a drivers license which must be issued to you by corrupt people or competitors.

Sounding silly. Nobody spreads his plans these days, he will Learn Naija Way.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2017
dustmalik:
What's happening in this country? If truly, they somehow manage to frustrate TStv's startup, then nothing good can ever come out of this country.

Go to NBC office headquarters and block the gate for one week. Our Mumu don do style..

Only one person will start the online move.

Youths just siddon dey look expecting change in this country.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Bayajidda1: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2017
MicNz:

E pain am grin

For where?
No dey dull yourself.
We wey be say, comedy na we work, how you wan take dull my shine?

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by EvilMetahuman: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

exactly cheap is relative.

20 dollars is very cheap by american standard.

That 20 dollars was like 3500 in nigeria before dollar palava hit the country..
20usd (7500) dollars will get u unlimited data in usa, the same amount will get you less down 40gb in nigeria. That's even when there is promo.

Plus I used comcast and tstv cos they offer similar services before google etc joined the race.

There are way cheaper internet like google fiber optics that offers free internet for life after getting their set top or fios in usa.
Not to forget free wifi almost everywhere unlike nigeria.

For 50 dollars, unlimited data with over 100mb/s speed.

In nigeria, the highest 100 dollars will get you is 80-100gb with awful speed.

Despite the fact that its easier to earn to earn 100 dollars in usa than nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by mystikal(m): 8:17am On Sep 28, 2017
Are they just going to allow cabals win?

Whatever happened to perseverance. Excuses are easy to be made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by mystikal(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2017
Allow free market to strive.

Let tstv and dstv compete. Haba!
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by kolaish(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2017
IN MY OWN OPINION, THE OPERATORS OF TSTV ARE AMATEURS IN BUSINESS. THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE ALL THEIR HOME WORK BEFORE ALL THE PUBLICITY STUNTS THEY ARE PUTTING AHEAD OF THEIR LAUNCH. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THEY WENT THE WAY OF HI TV, STAR TIMES, DAAR COM AND OTHERS.

THE CABLE BUSINESS IS NOT ALL ABOUT RUNNING OTHERS OUT OF BUSINESS BUT ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN OFFER CUSTOMER IN TERMS OF CHANNELS COVERAGE. IF THEY CAN AMASS FOR THEMSELVES MORE THAN ENOUGH CHANNELS AND AT CHEAPER PRICES OF SUBSCRIPTION (FOOTBALL PREMIER LEAGUE & CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND MOVIES PARTICULARLY), CUSTOMER WILL DUMP DSTV AND SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR CHANNEL EVEN WITHOUT THEM MAKING NOISE.
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by MicNz(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Bayajidda1:

For where?
No dey dull yourself.
We wey be say, comedy na we work, how you wan take dull my shine?
Lol
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Kakamorufu(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
jacyhelen:

hahahahah...See his name,Kakamorufu..The thunder wey go fire him eee
me Abi. U go see naw. angry
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by CioAngels(f): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
The cabals are those ones collecting huge amount of money from DSTV, they will block others so that the bribe money will not stop. Our leaders are simply Rogues, Big One. See how the leaders are making mockery of Nigeria and Nigerians. South African knows Nigerian leaders are people who will sell "The Country NIGERIA" and her remaining Citizens for Money. Cursed Money they are collecting from South African Companies and others. What a Big Shame to Nigerian Leaders. TSTV must be launched. Awon ole buruku.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by Nobody: 8:00am On May 31, 2019
Such sexy. grin
Re: Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 by georgee(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2019
Where is TSTV? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ozo Dances With Nengi During BBNaija Grand Finale (Video) / Alexx Ekubo Shaves Off His Beard For AY's Movie Project (Photo, Video) / Nigerians React To Miracle & Nina's Sex Scene On Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.