Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married (2767 Views)

Our Girls Are Loosing It Everyday / Why A Lot Of Men Will Remain Single, Women Are Loosing Value / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
It is no longer news that the number of able bodied and mature young men‎ in Nigeria (both the rich guys, the average guys, the broke guys) who are single and not planning to marry in the near future is growing geometrically everyday. In this short article, I will be revealing some of the factors responsible for this and how the Nigerian society can act fast to remedy the situation before it gets out of hand.

But before I forge ahead, let me remind our brothers and sisters who feel being single mothers or fathers is the best, or those who feel less worried about the growing trend of single parenthood in Nigeria, that happy homes, happy families make up happy society and flourishing nation. 

What I am saying is this; if majority of Nigerian homes and families are disorganized and unhappy, then the Nigerian society will also be disorganized and unhappy too.

And statistics show that children raised by single parents are more prone to live violent and rascal life than children raised by both parents in a happy home setting...so Nigeria need more happy marriages, happy families, happy kids and happy spouses for Nigeria to grow and this is where Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Women Affairs need to come in; start preaching against Babymama ideology using educative TV series, adverts, Radio jingles, billboards, social media sponsored adverts, etc.

Now, back to the topic: why more Nigerian men are loosing interest in getting married!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
1.‎ Unemployment/Under-employment of male graduates and non-graduates:

How do we expect a young man earning less than 50,000naira in our present day economy to think of getting married Thats suicidal!

What caused this Skewed employment processes in favour of female graduates by HR ‎personnels in Nigerian firms trying so hard to please women empowerment activists to the detriment of our common Nigerian family happiness.

We all would agree with me that since the past 10 years or so, we now see more number of female graduates that are gainfully employed than male graduates, and these female graduates refuse to marry the male graduates earning less than them because to these females; it means settling for less...which majority of them will never dare instead tthey are ready to remain single or become babymama to financially buoyant guys who arent ready to marry them or some even prefer to be side chicks (mistress) to older married men instead of marrying a guy earning lesser than them.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
2. Civilization and Copying of Western Lifestyle:

‎In our effort to copy the lifestyle and culture of the Europeans and Americans, we have created even more problems for Nigeria, and we have unknowingly killed the Nigerian man's desire to get married.

We all know that the two major reasons majority of Nigerian men desire to get married are:

(i) to have children
(ii) to have access to good/constant food and to have his house domestically organized!

The aforementioned points are the key reasons majority of Nigerian men get married. Now if you remove these key factors, many Nigerian men will never want to marry.

And we are indirectly removing these two factors from Nigerian marriages, how?

Babymama trend has given financially buoyant Nigerian guys the opportunity to have children without getting married, which use to be an abominable act in Nigeria some decades ago.

Also, with the fervent preaching and agitation for feminism in Nigeria, whereby husbands are encouraged to start cooking, cleaning and washing for their wives just as its being practiced in America and Europe, take it or leave it, many Nigerian guys will see no need to get married again because many guys fantasize about getting married just so they can stop worrying about what to eat, who to cook for them or who to clean and keep their house. So when you preach that Nigerian husbands should start cooking and cleaning for their wives, you are unknowingly discouraging more Nigerian guys from getting married because to them, there is no need to marry again. Nothing fascinates Nigerian men about marriage anymore, sadly cry

This same feminism is killing marriage interest among American and European young men; they now prefer to be baby daddy than to settle down. Are we ready for that in Nigeria With this trend, I see many pretty, educated, nice Nigerian ladies remaining single for life if we refuse to address this growing feminism revolution in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Oyindidi(f): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
Mtcheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by littlewonders: 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Gender equality is also a major factor

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by mofeoluwadassah: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
kk undecided
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
3. Social Media/Mobile Internet Revolution

Everyone will agree with me that before we had social media; Faceboo, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, etc including nairaland‎ and blogs, couples; married and dating used to have enough time to themselves to discuss, play love game, gossip, etc, but today, Social media, blogs, forums, etc have taken over that time and moment couple do spend together. So with social media....with your mobile phone connected to the internet, you dont need to feel much lonely.

This social media and mobile internet revolution have also made it so easy for Nigerian guys to find date at will, making them not to see any need to be committed to one lady, sadly.‎

To many people, this growing trend of Nigerian men not being ready to settle down or not being committed to their female partner like we used to have in some decades ago is not a problem to them so long as it doesnt affect them now but they forgot that every global problem we are suffering from today started gradually some years back.

The more men refuse to marry, the more we have unmarried ladies and the higher the prostitution rate and the higher the number of children born out of wedlock and the higher we have children with no parental care, who may most like end up on the streets as criminals, drug barons, prostitutes, touts, terrorists easy-tools, kidnappers, ritualists and other social vices.

Nigerian government needs to do something to stop babymama trend in Nigeria and to also encourage more young men to get married. We need a massive family values campaign and re-orientation campaign to save Nigerian marriages and family values!‎

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by LordIsaac(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nice points.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
Marriage is not by force.It won't put any halo around your head and it doesn't guarantee heaven after you die.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by kalufelix(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yes A Good Number Of Women Have Taken Up The Supposed 'Men Jobs' Themselves So The Convension Has Been Truncated But Getting Married Is About Willingness & Readiness And Not Earning 6 Digit Income. Marriage Dont Cost Nothing

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Wizywiz(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Mtcheeeeeew
my love.. How was your day?
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by DarkMagic(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
Last time I checked... marriage is not a do or die affair
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by akinade28(f): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
TGoddess:
Marriage is not by force.It won't put any halo around your head and it doesn't guarantee heaven after you die.
Abi ooo
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
TGoddess:
happy marriage builds happy home, it also produces happy family, happy children and happy society!

When your home is sweet, you stand greater chance of succeeding in whatever u do, and u stand greater chance of worshipping your God dedicated and probably making heaven at the end.

Pray for a happy marriage and a happy family, its sweetwink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
humilitypays:
happy marriage builds happy home, it also produces happy family, happy children and happy society!

When your home is sweet, you stand greater chance of succeeding in whatever u do, and u stand greater chance of worshipping your God and probably making heaven at the end.

Pray for a happy marriage wink
Are you married?
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by kalufelix(m): 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Seriously This Babymama Thing Don Too Legit...
#MassiveBastardsLoading...#SocietyAtRisk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Oyindidi(f): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
[quote author=Wizywiz post=60895552 How was your day? [/quote] my day was okay

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
It still doesn't stop people from getting hitched every Saturday.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by kalufelix(m): 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
Dont Just Comment On The Title Read The Content...The Op Made A Lot Of Sense
What Used To Be An Abormination Is Now Celebrated. Kids Arent Coming Thru The Right Channel And Under Legal Conditions...Such Kids Are Likely To Become A Problem To The Society
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by ikp120(m): 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
I have already decided in my heart that I will never get married. Marriage is the biggest scam in this generation.

**Spits** angry angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 16, 2018
ikp120:
I have already decided in my heart that I will never get married. Marriage is the biggest scam in this generation.

**Spits** angry angry

Please change this mentality...We have a common plan but God wants us to be married no matter what
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Oreofepeters: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2018
marriage in Nigeria is a scam..

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Raalsalghul: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2018
humilitypays:
3. Social Media/Mobile Internet Revolution

Everyone will agree with me that before we had social media; Faceboo, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, etc including nairaland‎ and blogs, couples; married and dating used to have enough time to themselves to discuss, play love game, gossip, etc, but today, Social media, blogs, forums, etc have taken over that time and moment couple do spend together. So with social media....with your mobile phone connected to the internet, you dont need to feel much lonely.

This social media and mobile internet revolution have also made it so easy for Nigerian guys to find date at will, making them not to see any need to be committed to one lady, sadly.‎

To many people, this growing trend of Nigerian men not being ready to settle down or not being committed to their female partner like we used to have in some decades ago is not a problem to them so long as it doesnt affect them now but they forgot that every global problem we are suffering from today started gradually some years back.

The more men refuse to marry, the more we have unmarried ladies and the higher the prostitution rate and the higher the number of children born out of wedlock and the higher we have children with no parental care, who may most like end up on the streets as criminals, drug barons, prostitutes, touts, terrorists easy-tools, kidnappers, ritualists and other social vices.

Nigerian government needs to do something to stop babymama trend in Nigeria and to also encourage more young men to get married. We need a massive family values campaign and re-orientation campaign to save Nigerian marriages and family values!‎
Op apart from point number 1. One of the reasons I won't get married is because of the contraption called Nigeria. Can't imagine bringing kids into this ****hole.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Op apart from point number 1. One of the reasons I won't get married is because of the contraption called Nigeria. Can't imagine bringing kids into this ****hole.
sorry are u a guy or a lady
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Raalsalghul: 8:46am On Oct 16, 2018
humilitypays:
sorry are u a guy or a lady
A guy. Why you asking?
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2018
humilitypays:

It is no longer news that the number of able bodied and mature young men‎ in Nigeria (both the rich guys, the average guys, the broke guys) who are single and not planning to marry in the near future is growing geometrically everyday. In this short article, I will be revealing some of the factors responsible for this and how the Nigerian society can act fast to remedy the situation before it gets out of hand.

But before I forge ahead, let me remind our brothers and sisters who feel being single mothers or fathers is the best, or those who feel less worried about the growing trend of single parenthood in Nigeria, that happy homes, happy families make up happy society and flourishing nation. 

What I am saying is this; if majority of Nigerian homes and families are disorganized and unhappy, then the Nigerian society will also be disorganized and unhappy too.

And statistics show that children raised by single parents are more prone to live violent and rascal life than children raised by both parents in a happy home setting...so Nigeria need more happy marriages, happy families, happy kids and happy spouses for Nigeria to grow and this is where Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Women Affairs need to come in; start preaching against Babymama ideology using educative TV series, adverts, Radio jingles, billboards, social media sponsored adverts, etc.

Now, back to the topic: why more Nigerian men are loosing interest in getting married!

BUT MAY BE THE BIOLOGICAL FATHERS OF 3 TO 4 KIDS AND BY DIFFERENT MAMAS.

The age of baby dadas and baby mamas. Humanity is progressing..........into the abyss courtesy of so called MODERNISM. A LIFE OF SELF DECEPTION.

You have a THOUGHT PROVOKING thread here. Kudus you sure see beyond your nose.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by chisani(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2018
First point is absolutely valid. How can you take care of yourself and immediately family with meagre income? Once the first point is address, others will automatically be solved
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2018
grin grin

Crap!
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2018
Raalsalghul:
A guy. Why you asking?
I thought u were a lady, so I was shocked to hear a Nigerian lady say she is not going to get married grin
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by humilitypays(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2018
MariaLavina:
grin grin

Crap!
Maria de Maria cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

“if Not For Guys, Girls Wouldn’t Have Eaten Pizza, Shawarma” - Nigerian Lady / best sex video / Couple Attempting To Take A Plane Selfie Mid-air Accidentally Films A Sex Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.