Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:53 PM

3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married (2829 Views)

Our Girls Are Loosing It Everyday / Why A Lot Of Men Will Remain Single, Women Are Loosing Value / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by megareal: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2018
Nice writeup. I would say to each his own but I do realize that the little decisions made by individuals is what cumulates to what happens in the society.

Sometimes, it's best to look at the overall picture before making a decision.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Raalsalghul: 11:58am On Oct 16, 2018
humilitypays:
I thought u were a lady, so I was shocked to hear a Nigerian lady say she is not going to get married grin
Never doubt, there are some.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Skepticus: 8:49am On May 03, 2020
MGTOW is the shît.

The modernism of marriage these days and its accompanying elements is what has made men to start going their own way. Fûck dating and marriage!
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by Arizonaz: 12:39pm On May 03, 2020
You maid a valid point. But this nation called Nigeria has lost their direction. At the moment is all about the survival of the fittest.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by sexylassie2(f): 12:44pm On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
1.‎ Unemployment/Under-employment of male graduates and non-graduates:

How do we expect a young man earning less than 50,000naira in our present day economy to think of getting married Thats suicidal!

What caused this Skewed employment processes in favour of female graduates by HR ‎personnels in Nigerian firms trying so hard to please women empowerment activists to the detriment of our common Nigerian family happiness.

We all would agree with me that since the past 10 years or so, we now see more number of female graduates that are gainfully employed than male graduates, and these female graduates refuse to marry the male graduates earning less than them because to these females; it means settling for less...which majority of them will never dare instead tthey are ready to remain single or become babymama to financially buoyant guys who arent ready to marry them or some even prefer to be side chicks (mistress) to older married men instead of marrying a guy earning lesser than them.

This is a lie.

There are more men in engineering firms than women
more men in architectural firms than women
more men in the military than women
more men have more businesses than women and many more

The problem of those men not getting jobs is because many have decided to study courses where females dominate
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Loosing Interest In Getting Married by DexterousOne(m): 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
humilitypays:
2. Civilization and Copying of Western Lifestyle:

‎In our effort to copy the lifestyle and culture of the Europeans and Americans, we have created even more problems for Nigeria, and we have unknowingly killed the Nigerian man's desire to get married.

We all know that the two major reasons majority of Nigerian men desire to get married are:

(i) to have children
(ii) to have access to good/constant food and to have his house domestically organized!

The aforementioned points are the key reasons majority of Nigerian men get married. Now if you remove these key factors, many Nigerian men will never want to marry.

And we are indirectly removing these two factors from Nigerian marriages, how?

Babymama trend has given financially buoyant Nigerian guys the opportunity to have children without getting married, which use to be an abominable act in Nigeria some decades ago.

Also, with the fervent preaching and agitation for feminism in Nigeria, whereby husbands are encouraged to start cooking, cleaning and washing for their wives just as its being practiced in America and Europe, take it or leave it, many Nigerian guys will see no need to get married again because many guys fantasize about getting married just so they can stop worrying about what to eat, who to cook for them or who to clean and keep their house. So when you preach that Nigerian husbands should start cooking and cleaning for their wives, you are unknowingly discouraging more Nigerian guys from getting married because to them, there is no need to marry again. Nothing fascinates Nigerian men about marriage anymore, sadly cry

This same feminism is killing marriage interest among American and European young men; they now prefer to be baby daddy than to settle down. Are we ready for that in Nigeria With this trend, I see many pretty, educated, nice Nigerian ladies remaining single for life if we refuse to address this growing feminism revolution in Nigeria.

I wholeheartedly agree with your first point

But not exactly with this point.
First of all, which woman in Nigeria objects to having kids?

Very very few.

Second, how many women say they will rather not cook for the home undecided

Anyways sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Gets Invited For Midnight Sex By Girlfriend Husband (photo) / I Dont Think She Love Me / Your Daughter Brings Home Her Boyfriend (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.