Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! (13039 Views)

Romance: How Do I Stop Loving Someone? / ROMANCE: How Playing With Her Turns Her On (VIDEO) / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by magazineguy(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2017
The workplace affords colleagues to work long hours a day, on projects and similar goals to productivity. Therefore it is fool hardy to think that finding love in the work environment is impossible. The major triggers of time and proximity is a huge facilitator in creating romantic bonds between colleagues.

Some work environments already have measures put in place to handle the inevitable. Even though HR will not encourage work romance in the workplace but will leave the love birds struck by cupid to live out their love outside the office to avoid poor productivity and inconvenience to the rest of the team.

Now here is how to get your work romance under the radar and outside the pealing eyes of HR.

What are your intentions?
You need to understand the true intentions of your partners (colleagues who you’ve found love in). If this person’s intentions are pure towards you and who is not with you just for sex, then run with the affection.

Try Not to fall for your boss
Avoid being romantically linked with someone who you report to. It can become overwhelming and unbearable especially if you have to be scolded by this person on a project you fell short in. If you can, avoid relationships with colleagues you work closely with.

No Drama No Problem
Never get emotionally attached to a boss who is married or has kids. That’s just too much drama you don’t want to add to your plate of office work load. It’s going to rub off the wrong way on your colleagues and could be disastrous to your career.

No PDA!
Keep the sanctity of the workplace sane. No public display of affection allowed. Respect the boundaries of the workplace and keep it simple.

Keep personal squabbles and quarrels private.
Keep your relationship outside the office environment. Don’t wash your dirty laundry in the office space. Your colleagues don’t want to hear you and bae bicker about who left the toilet seat up.

Dating a co-worker is not like your usually boyfriend or girlfriend relationship. This is someone who you work with and will be working with for as long as you both work in the same organization. It can become awkward if you both split and still have to work together. So be sure you are in it for the right reasons.

I have a friend who was in a work romance with a former colleague. They both worked for the same organization but in different departments. The guy left the organization to another organization and the following year they both announced a marriage to the utter surprise of the company staff.

They were able to find love in the workplace and also have their cake and eat it. Why can’t you too?

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/work-romance-can-cake-eat/

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique

3 Likes

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Deivid10(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2017
Na only for yeye post person dey be ftc....

Make I go find beta 1 jooor....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by maxiuc(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2017
Now so confused on what to comment

Anyway STC
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by niceprof: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2017
Should be discouraged at all cost,because the cost is always costlier .

7 Likes

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Bayajidda1: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2017
grin
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by DanielsParker(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2017
nice one
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Bayajidda1: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by MrRhymes101(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2017
U wan score own goal abi? ...wedding MC
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Chuknovski(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2017
the only way I would be involved in an office romance is when its knack only (friends with benefit only) no love you love stuffs
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2017
Only three comments and on the front page shocked
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by SenorFax(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by paiz: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2017
Office romance is cool until your wife catches you
You will wish you never did it
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Tinyemeka(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2017
angry
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by mykh01(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2017
I never get money, so relationship related post are not meant for me now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Esusustuffs: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
Ok. Visit www.esusustuffs.com for amazing products
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by IAMSASHY(f): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
undecided
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Fuadeiza(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
hmm

3 Likes

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Kingnap(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
shocked
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Chuknovski(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
SenorFax:
[/quote] grin[quote author=SenorFax post=60903429]
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Financialfree: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Deivid10(m): 9:11am On Sep 28, 2017
mykh01:
I never get money, so relationship related post are not meant for me now.
Space Booker.... E go soon turn aeroplane
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Florblu(f): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2017
No matter the number of tips you give, office Romance disadvantages out weighs it's advantages if at all there's any.

1 Like

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Adaumunocha(f): 9:13am On Sep 28, 2017
A friend married his colleague but had to resign after d wedding
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2017
Evaberry undecided
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by bennynaza(m): 9:16am On Sep 28, 2017
Seriously. How do you guys do this. Thread wey I see now now with just 8 posts.
Ordinary make I type "k" use am book space, 7,692 people don comment before me.

1 Like

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by free2ryhme: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2017
work place relationship can be complicated.

You cant eat your cake and have it

don't believe the lies you read

1 Like

Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by 1miccza: 9:17am On Sep 28, 2017
Woo don't mind this op ooo, you ca nat eat any cake and have it e oo. They'll just sack you ni oo
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by marvin902(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2017
just stick with FWB undecided undecided
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by nddydamzi(f): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2017
office love is a no no for me,only friends with benefit
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by obajoey(m): 9:20am On Sep 28, 2017
I love my boss
Re: Work Romance: How You Can Have Your Cake And Eat It! by kings09(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2017
Na only the No PDA part make sense. The rest na .....but wait oo nairaland front page don de tolerate irrelevant topics oo. Y na

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Nigerian Guy Sent To Bill Gates Wife That Is Trending / What A Real Guy Must Know(pic) . / African Women With Big Butts, Oyinbo Ladies Would Die Of Jealousy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.