Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance (18000 Views)

Lagos Schools Where Alcohol, Gambling Thrive In Broad Daylight / LASG Frowns At Non-Compliance With Academic Calendar By Some Schools / Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
precious1967:
thank God against D's fintinfitin people. Igbos and hausas peaks their languages only Yorubas have sold their language for foreign language. thank u Gov. Ambode.
Yorubas speak their language more
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Johnayoola(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Asidethetruth:

Ask people that have tried.....they will tell u that ibo is very hard to learn compared to the other two....

And we know the reasons
i don't,can u kindly explain please
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
zoedew:

Do you live in Lagos? The typical Lagos resident even if Yoruba responds in English Language more than Yoruba Language. That
Even in Yoruba movies too although not all. The Yoruba they speak is light
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Johnayoola(m): 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Yorubas speak their language more
i bet to disagree hausas do
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Klinee:
But how can a State enact a law that is detrimental to those who are non Yoruba speaking lagosians?
They should take advantage of the opportunity
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Johnayoola:
i bet to disagree hausas do
That's true.
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by zoedew: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Even in Yoruba movies too although not all. The Yoruba they speak is light

You got my drift! Exactly the reason the piece of legislation is as timely as it is needful.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by nairanaira12: 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
fr3do:

you do not want to argue intellectually, I don't know what madness you are suffering from.

You mean the madness you for from your cursed useless parents from Muddyland?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2017
tete7000:
Education is on concurrent legislation list, the tone of whatever bill Lagos is proposing to pass must not contravene the spirit of our constitution, else it will lose out if taken to court. Constitution remains the supreme law of the land. My opinion.
You said concurrent not exclusive to FG. In other words, it's in order.
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Klinee: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Danladi7:

Hope you will not repeat this rant is igbo is made compulsory in Anambra

And if I may ask,how is that detrimental?
Detrimental in the sense that if you fail Yoruba language as a subject you may repeat the class.
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Danladi7: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2017
Klinee:
Detrimental in the sense that if you fail Yoruba language as a subject you may repeat the class.

whatba strange reasoning!

so that is detrimental?

why must you fail?

were you not taught?

I know you will eventually say learning English is detrimental because if you fail it you will repeat.
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Klinee:
This is completely nonsense!!!! Majority of lagosians don't understand Yoruba language. But if they must recognize indigenous language, which am in support of it, they should also try to recognize Hausa and Igbo languages too because of their great population in Lagos.
Is Lagos hausa or Igbo land?Go and make similar laws in your land and stop whinning about how others choose to run their property.Like someone here rightly said any non-westerner who isn't pleased with it is free to catch the next bus to Onitsha or Maiduguri. Stop the unnecessary attachment of false importance to yourselves. No matter how large you think and chest beat about your people's population in lagos, you all can NEVER outnumber the original owners of the land except you choose to live in delusion.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by precious1967(m): 9:21am On Oct 13, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Are you mad?

Igbo fucking what!

Go back to your East and make Yoruba Lang compulsory for your fucking children there first.

Until Yoruba Lang becomes part of your curriculum in the East

Igbos are fucking greedy, they ll be asking for what they ll never tolerate in their land.

This is exactly what Sir Ahmadu Bello said in 60s.

The same attitude of greediness that was mentioned by that man is still being exhibited by these greedy buffoons
ask d Igbo's how many south west or northern people owns a piece of land or houses in there states as it be in southwest.
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by oyatz(m): 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
The Yoruba language is well developed and its Also evolving.

Lovetinz:
I would like to see the Yoruba translation of..
..Wherein and wherefore the prospective customer has with or without proven intent alone or by himself and or in collusion with others...
grin
Re: Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance by Tomek09(m): 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2021
[s]
bakynes:

I don't think u live in Lagos. Most people in Lagos understand Yoruba even if you choose not to learn or speak the language one way or the other u understand it.

We have told you people no matter how cosmopolitan Lagos is, Lagos is still Yoruba Land.
[/s]
Rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Check My Jamb Result With Another SIM? / Violence Mars YABATECH SUG Election, 4 Students Feared Dead / Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.