Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence (53155 Views)

Xavi & Pique Come Out Of Retirement To Play For Catalonia Against Venezuela / Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain / Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by paradigmshift(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
royalamour:
Let them join the league and taste fire.
una dirty premier league lmao
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by magoo10(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
abescom:

Have you heard them burning mosques? Killing people of other religion/regions or asking for arms like the idiota you call your leader?
have you heard that they killed people nkpor ,aba etc who were unharmed? it is quite unfortunate that they burnt mosque which was an emotional reaction to the illegal invasion and subsequent intimidation on the people.
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by abescom: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
9jakohai:

Well.....never heard of that happening, but it is possible.

Still...buying the spot of a side that has gotten promoted to the Premiership is going to be very very expensive....you are going to pay 20 million pounds in lost revenue from promotion, plus estimated revenues from advertising , etc lost, which can amount to many millions more.
Easy pie. The UEFA league money which they know they will get sorts that out.

They can't have been expecting it to b cheap in the first place.
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
lol

It will take them 4-5 years before they can join premier league if they gain independence today. They will have to start from lowest league, then gain promotion to premier league.
There has to be a Loophole somewhere. Right?
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
rapheeky:
Seems u don't know how bog of a club fc barca is...a club DAT is been studied in d university of Harvard?stay therek pant de wear u....fc barca won't even wwant to move to epl...england is not too close..they might just go to ligue 1

I guess Ligue 1 might be a better choice re distance. Problem is quality of the league.

But the main problem of Barca joining a top league in countries like France, Germany, Italy or England is 'fixture congestion'. Clubs in the EPL for example are already complaining, and have been for years, that their fixture list is too congested. Throw in Barca and one other catalan club and the fixtures get even more congested.
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by magoo10(m): 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
MrBigiman:

You are totally off point. Nnamdi Kanu has serially used hate speeches and treasonable words, that's not d case with Catalonia. A man who said any Ibo worshipping under a Yoruba pastor is a fool, and went further to call black men less than white and he would kill all black men was he white. Such a man has no moral justification leading a struggle.
he has since then retracted that statement,how about those who are supporting the man who threatened the dogs and baboon.
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by kozmokaz(m): 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
femi4:
They ll struggle with Chelsea as usual

Currently , Chelsea is no threat to Barcelona
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by guiddoti: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
magoo10:
I am yet to hear them call the Catalonia's terrorist.

Incidentally Nnamdi in one of his prophetic speeches told his listeners that a time will come when they will label the Igbo's 'Terrorist' to weaken their spirit ,but it will not rather it will strengthen the resolve.
Did you hear them calling Spain zoo country or forming an army? That is the difference between the two countries.
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Dearlord(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Let me sidon dey watch how things go take pan out
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by abescom: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
magoo10:
have you heard that they killed people nkpor ,aba etc who were unharmed? it is quite unfortunate that they burnt mosque which was an emotional reaction to the illegal invasion and subsequent intimidation on the people.
Don't distort history. They were burning mosques way before the military intervention.

Was Kanu the drunkard not saying any yoruba preacher in th SE should be stoned to death? Was he not asking for arms against the government? Did you hear the catalonians do the same?
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by SmartyPants(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
9jakohai:

Well, Swansea and Cardiff

1.Were original members of what is the Football league since the late 19th century

2.They also came up to the Premiership via promotion, not by just joining.

Okay but also in the Rangers and Celtic examples they also were not going to join the premier league directly.

And if a team like Barca is available to join the premier league then it's really very simple: all they may be asked to do is enter the championship promotion playoffs with the top 3 championship teams.

The pedigree the Barca brings, the premier league would welcome them with open arms

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by wellmax(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
magoo10:
That is because they have not been spreading hate speeches,
They haven't formed any Secret Service
They haven't threatened to go to the Capital and bring the Head of the Prime minister.
IPOB is a terrorist organization.
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Flashh: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
rawpadgin:
wen u try to correct these young ones they pick up a fight

You are dunce and obviously a desideratum fool for you to call this "correction".

You ought to had ignored my comments, but as a faggót you are, you had to qoute me to get cheap likes.

Rawbitch or Rawbish you call yourself. I am currently in my office right now. Stop acting to be a dunce always; telling me "your mates are hustling for money". I don't need to hustle extra hard like you before I can get the cash, God is doing it well for me. I don't need your talk, shove that down your throat.

BTW... I ain't fighting with you, but I just hate wanton people/self like you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by ozimec(m): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
alobispot:
Catalan sports minister insists Barca, Espanyol and Girona will have to decide where they want to play after La Liga chief maintains they cannot be part of Spain's top flight if the region goes it alone.
Barcelona could end up plying their trade in the English Premier League if Catalonia wins independence, according to the region's sports minister.

The claim was made after La Liga president Javier Tebas insisted that Catalan clubs would not be allowed to play in Spain's top flight should the region vote to go it alone.

Sunday's referendum has been declared illegal by the Spanish government and ballot boxes have been seized with prime minister Mariano insisting the referendum “won't happen”.

There is strong support for independence among Catalonia's 7.5m population – including from Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola - but parties loyal to Spain are boycotting the vote.

Among the many uncertainties is what will happen to the region's football clubs, including Barca, if Catalonia becomes a new country.
Gerard Figueras, Catalonia's minister of sport, said;

“In the case of independence, Catalan teams in La Liga – Barcelona, Espanyol and Girona – will have to decide where they want to play: in the Spanish league or a neighbouring country: Italy, France or the Premier League.

“Now in Spain there teams from other countries who play in national leagues: clubs from Andorra in football and basketball. Monaco plays in France, in England Welsh clubs. I don't think that UEFA has anything against seeing another club play in a different league from their country.”

Spain have insisted Barcelona will not be allowed to play in La Liga if the illegal vote goes through.

La Liga president Javier Tebas said;

“In sport, it isn't a la carte and things must be clearly stated. It isn't easy to have an agreement and study Spanish legislation but if they (Catalan clubs) do get that, then they will not be able to play in Spain's La Liga, but I hope it doesn't come to that."

See more at>> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/barcelona-join-premier-league/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

NOooooo! Pls
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by eluquenson(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Yes EPL will be fine, likewise Swansea and Cardiff are not English clubs, then Barcelona could join and this will bring more trouble to Arsenal and the likes grin
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by femi4: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
kozmokaz:

Currently , Chelsea is no threat to Barcelona
with the scoreline against sporting, indeed Chelsea is not a threat
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
SmartyPants:

Okay but also in the Rangers and Celtic examples they also were not going to join the premier league directly.

And if a team like Barca is available to join the premier league then it's really very simple: all they may be asked to do is enter the championship promotion playoffs with the top 3 championship teams.

The pedigree the Barca brings, the premier league would welcome them with open arms

I can already see those championship sides screaming .......Ah una wan kee us! grin

On a more serious note, such a playoff might be very difficult to arrange (I can already see championship sides screaming about how it is unfair that the outsiders get a bye into the EPL at their expense).

Some might even suggest Barca starts from League 2 and work their way up, like all the other hardworking clubs (eg Watford and Wigan once upon a time).
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Lota11(m): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
Microsoft excel software used to calculate daily sales, profit, quantity sold daily etc. Toyota cars for sale. Kindly inbox me..
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Lota11(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
Microsoft excel software for Petrol Stations used to calculate daily sales, profit, quantity sold daily etc. Toyota cars for sale. Kindly inbox
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by hasklin(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
Interesting
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by omoiyamayor(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
TheMainMan:
please... are they suffering?....

why want independence undecided undecided undecided...

do they even knw what it means to start all over again undecided

nothing like starting over again, they already have a government
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by santopelele(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=rbernaldo2 post=60942187]ipob pub teams will not be allowed to play npfl

Stupid Biafra
[/quote
mumu, wetin biafrans dey find for stinking Nigeria premiere league? I wonder how Nigerian football will be like if igbos exits from Nigeria
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
Originality007:
grin Arsenal is in Trouble again if it eventually happen grin grin grin grin
oluku grin grin
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by santopelele(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
ipob pub teams will not be allowed to play npfl

Stupid Biafra
mumu, wetin biafrans dey find for stinking Nigeria
premiere league? I wonder how Nigerian football
will be like if igbos exits from Nigeria
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by TundeHashim(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
magoo10:

Incidentally Nnamdi kanu in one of his prophetic speeches told his listeners that a time will come when they will label the Igbo's 'Terrorist' to weaken their spirit ,but it will not rather it will strengthen the resolve.
source or adonbilivit! grin
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Icon79(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
If that happens then Barca would win the EPL until they are tired of winning grin

O pari

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
magoo10:

Incidentally Nnamdi kanu in one of his prophetic speeches told his listeners that a time will come when they will label the Igbo's 'Terrorist' to weaken their spirit ,but it will not rather it will strengthen the resolve.
Igbos are terrorists
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by PureMe01: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
rbernaldo2:
ipob pub teams will not be allowed to play npfl

Stupid Biafra
lol..who wants to play in NPFL before??imagine o

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by SmartyPants(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
9jakohai:

I can already see those championship sides screaming .......Ah una wan kee us! grin

On a more serious note, such a playoff might be very difficult to arrange (I can already see championship sides screaming about how it is unfair that the outsiders get a bye into the EPL at their expense).

Some might even suggest Barca starts from League 2 and work their way up, like all the other hardworking clubs (eg Watford and Wigan once upon a time).

Lol...well, life is not fair
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by 9jatatafo(m): 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
Thank God the Spanish government did not proscribed Catalonians a terrorist group and send soldiers there
Re: Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence by Icon79(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2017
Yup. EPL no moi moi, but that's one league where all the La Liga benchwarmers and B-team players go to become MVPs:

Alexis Sanchez
Yaya Toure
Pedro
Morata etc etc.

Talk about delusions of graduer grin

O pari

davibid:
Burnley or Stock should be their first fixtures if that happens at least let them know that EPL no be moi moi

grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Leaked Footage Of Neymar Getting Hit By Woman That Accused Him Of Rape (video) / Ramos Invites Barca Stars To His Wedding, Ronaldo Snubbed / Saudi Players Gifted Luxury Cars After Upsetting Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.