Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (23249 Views)

How African Parents Raise Their Kids? Share Your Experience While Growing Up! / Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by JamesReacher(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
I think i am the most stubborn child in the world while growing up. Chai! I did some horrible things my parents ll never forget.

Some of my crimes, In Primary school, my dad used to bring bundles of money home. I usually wait for him to go to the bathroom in the morning to have his bath so as to get down to business of stealing. I knew he usually make a clap towards end of his bathing exercise. I ll go into his bedroom and ransacked the room in such a way nobody ll notice. I ll steal loads of money. It usually took them two weeks to realise that all the money was almost gone. I ll take all the children in my neighbourhood to Orenko Cinema and i ll buy fried meats for all. I ll buy sneakers as expensive as #6000 then(You don't want to know)

After the discovery of what i have done, my dad ll scream and called my mum, my parents ll come together and beat, beat and beat me until my mum ll burst to tears.

I was on this stealing spree for about 4 years until my dad stopped bringing money home completely. I instantly jumped to my mum cooperative thrift and money made out of sales on daily basis... As soon as she comes back, she ll dropped her bag and lock the door before making her way to our kitchen. I studied my mum for a way and came up with a strategy. I ll wait for about 5mins before my mum ll arrive home from the shop and i ll go into her bedroom to hide. As soon as she comes in, she ll ask my siblings about my whereabouts and those one ll tell her that i was out. Then, she ll confidently dropped her bag and locked the door not realising that i was already in. I ll take as much as my pockets could take and hide again so as to wait for the door to be opened.
This is the baddest mehn! Eyan hushpuppi grin, baller lomo lati le

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by critic9ja: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
ibroh22:
I remembered the time I decided to leave home,deliberately want to get lost......but I haven't even trekked half km from my house,it was going dark and I returned home,i never tried it since that day..
stupid children every where, why will someone decide to just get lost? devil get power oo
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Iphran6: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
Left home for two days because my eldest brother flogged me for beating up a boy and I insulted him and ran away till mum returned

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Prettyenit18(f): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
cry
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Prettyenit18(f): 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
I wanted to run away from home --- I told my aunty about my plans(I was 16 then) she betrayed me cry by telling my mum. My mum was so hurt and sad, made me feel guilty. Any way I ended up staying. Although My first choice was suicide by drowning to be specific, but I heard it was a sin a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
I was extremely close to suicide one night after excessive beating from my mother.
I know fully well that I was tired of life that day.

I poured Rambo insecticide (the white powderish one) into one yellow cup. I wept bitterly while holding the cup in my hand.

I don't know what changed my mind. I can't remember how I discarded the cup & the insecticide.

I sha know say na God launch my rescue mission

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by sweetkech: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
my mum was always fond of asking us where are you coming from, better go back to where you are coming from,no food for you, go and eat there, I and my younger sister used to like those words go back to where you are coming from! once she says it,we will run back to where we are coming from , where we were playing with other children, it will only done on us when other children start leaving to their respective home,then we use to follow our cousin to their house and then our uncle's wife use to ask us if our mum isn't looking for us , our reply then used to be my mum said we should go back to where we are coming from,and she will laugh and ask,and you went back to where you are coming from!then she we bring us back home I and my younger sister, and she will beg our mum not to flog us, my mum will promise her that she won't lay her hand on us, at night we will receive the beating of our life, I and sister started planning on how to run away from home, my sis ran away, she went to play after playing she came back home, my mum ask her to go back to where she was coming from, she went back and she never came home for three days, my parents reported her case to the police, when she was found, she received the beating of her life, my mum flogged her, my dad did and my elder brother.she gave me the gist on her she suffered on the street within those days. ever since then the thought of running away escaped my memory. lol� ����

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by kirikwu: 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2017
lol, there was this holiday my cousin took me to her house,my God!! work no dey finish for her house. I'll be So tired I'll sleep in class. one day I used the phone she leaves with us at home to call my mum and told her I was going to run if she didn't come and carry me. she begged me to stay till holiday first. after that holiday I went to boarding school.
Another time I was already in my teens and my bro was in the University,mumsy was scolding us and she said some really hurtful things,me I was already thinking if I should jump from the car but it was night and the town was not safe while I was contemplating we reached home as mummy stopped the car my bro came down and took off,before she go reverse and pursue him he don go. long story cut short he came home that night after all my Bros had call and call. me after he left I just went to the guest room to sleep,and refused to sleep in my mother's room that night when dey said I should go there. But we turn am to play later, calling my bro Usain bolt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Ladiva: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
Onlinetalk:
BACK IN DOZ DAYS....I almost fleee from home when i finish a whole pot full OF MEAT B4 MY PARENT ARRIVE.....I WAS LIKE WHY DID I DO DIZ....I LATER PUNISHED MY SELF BY KNELLING DOWN TILL DEY ARRIVE

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
stilldoingokay:

me I left when I was 14, got so tired of everyone.
lol.. ow! hope you are okay?
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Daeylar(f): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:
I was extremely close to suicide one night after excessive beating from my mother.
I know fully well that I was tired of life that day.

I poured Rambo insecticide (the white powderish one) into one yellow cup. I wept bitterly while holding the cup in my hand.

I don't know what changed my mind. I can't remember how I discarded the cup & the insecticide.

I sha know say na God launch my rescue mission

Story made me so sad cry cry cry , I hope you no longer have thoughts of suicide,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by stilldoingokay(f): 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
doctorkush:
lol.. ow! hope you are okay?

from one place to another four years of my life was hell. but it getting better now

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
stilldoingokay:

from one place to another four years of my life was hell. but it getting better now

let's talk off nairaland if you are OK with it.
lone sojourner

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Icy4real: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
I was in the second year in the university when mumcy beat me over a minor issue. I took off to my sister's house. Told her not to let them know where I was which she eventually did. My dad was the cool one, he came down to my sister's place to take me home. My mum no send me oooo
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by lazyqueen: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
Am planning to right now....
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by remany: 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
This sounds like my younger sister grin
poshpimkiey:
I made arrangements with my younger brother because I felt a girl should not live on the streets alone. The foolish boy snitched on me and told my sister. That girl doesn't have chill, she found me writing my farewell letter and advised that I run away to the Imo state, Okigwe to be precise so that when I get too hungry I can beg my mother's family for food. Even asked me when I Was planning to leave? I walked as far as the end of my street, shook my head and decided to rest today and run away the next day. Still waiting for the next day

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by stilldoingokay(f): 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
doctorkush:
let's talk off nairaland if you are OK with it.
lone sojourner

okay
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
stilldoingokay:

okay
i pm you already. hope your mail is functioning??
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
Daeylar:

Story made me so sad cry cry cry , I hope you no longer have thoughts of suicide,

I have a happy life now dear.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Ekaka1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2017
Actually did plan to run away once , my younger brother spilled the beans and when the matter came up I denied like peter was denying Jesus...still got some slaps from momsie because she saw the potomanto that I had packed...She threatened severally to tell my Dad but it took her a whole year to report the matter to my Dad who would have finished me off with His ever present "Dr do good" when the matter was still fresh....ahhh ...this life sef, ehh we should be grateful to our African parents jor. Now I see my kids trying to grow wings and I am told I have to counsel them first..blabla...that no be me though.. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by ibroh22(m): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
critic9ja:
stupid children every where, why will someone decide to just get lost? devil get power oo
clap for yourself, u think say you don win Grammy with this your useless post, your childhood sucks niggar..that's why the part of your brain doesn't function well
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Distinguishy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hmm, my story was so pathetic. My no nonsense mom sent me on errand to d pharmacy to get drugs. She mentioned son big name drugs. Twas at nite. I got there and forgot d name of all she sent me. I went back home n stood at her door for almost 30min just to ell her I forgot m wen she opened her eyes she was like y did u take long I said sorry ma pls what's d name of d drug. She took her shoe n stone me and abused me n said go n get Biro and write it. I wrote it and before I got to d pharmacy I had thrown the paper away. I never planned to go home again for life. Hmmm I can't for get what happened next. Th whole neighborhood came to beg our mummy to release me d beating ehn, was generational. Am sure ma unborn kids felt it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Joannicky(f): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ran away twice cus I felt I was neglected at first, then they gave me attention and till date, I wish it was just the neglect issue...
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by poshestmina(f): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
hardon1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i can relate to this one. nigerian parents can be really unpredictable. reminising on all these make childhood really sweet and memorable. nigerian parents are the best

Lol... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
I lived with my aunt and her husband in Lagos. I left Enugu to come and live with them at the age of 14. After two, I was tired of all the abuses, name calling and emotional torture I was constantly subjected to so I ran away from their house at the age of 16.

That's one of the things I regret now. If I'd known, I would have endured a bit more. I would have taken the abuse until I gained admission into the University.

I feel like leaving their house robbed me of so many opportunities. I couldn't even go back to my parents because my father died while I was living with them and my mom, a stay at home mom, could well not have taken care of my school fees and sustenance.

That's how I started living in the streets, living with friends, getting kicked out of their house and sometimes even sleeping outside in the cold and rain for six years.

Today, things are much better for me but I do wish I never ran.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Ishilove: 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
poshpimkiey:
I made arrangements with my younger brother because I felt a girl should not live on the streets alone. The foolish boy snitched on me and told my sister. That girl doesn't have chill, she found me writing my farewell letter and advised that I run away to the Imo state, Okigwe to be precise so that when I get too hungry I can beg my mother's family for food. Even asked me when I Was planning to leave? I walked as far as the end of my street, shook my head and decided to rest today and run away the next day. Still waiting for the next day
Lmao
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Ryabcool(m): 12:41am On Oct 01, 2017
Hipsofagoddess:
I didn't run o, the thought of being alone in the dark chased that thought.
where are the hips? I opened your profile for nothing sha embarassed angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Ryabcool(m): 12:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
I think i am the most stubborn child in the world while growing up. Chai! I did some horrible things my parents ll never forget.

Some of my crimes, In Primary school, my dad used to bring bundles of money home. I usually wait for him to go to the bathroom in the morning to have his bath so as to get down to business of stealing. I knew he usually make a clap towards end of his bathing exercise. I ll go into his bedroom and ransacked the room in such a way nobody ll notice. I ll steal loads of money. It usually took them two weeks to realise that all the money was almost gone. I ll take all the children in my neighbourhood to Orenko Cinema and i ll buy fried meats for all. I ll buy sneakers as expensive as #6000 then(You don't want to know)

After the discovery of what i have done, my dad ll scream and called my mum, my parents ll come together and beat, beat and beat me until my mum ll burst to tears.

I was on this stealing spree for about 4 years until my dad stopped bringing money home completely. I instantly jumped to my mum cooperative thrift and money made out of sales on daily basis... As soon as she comes back, she ll dropped her bag and lock the door before making her way to our kitchen. I studied my mum for a way and came up with a strategy. I ll wait for about 5mins before my mum ll arrive home from the shop and i ll go into her bedroom to hide. As soon as she comes in, she ll ask my siblings about my whereabouts and those one ll tell her that i was out. Then, she ll confidently dropped her bag and locked the door not realising that i was already in. I ll take as much as my pockets could take and hide again so as to wait for the door to be opened.
this is what happens when people beg mammy water for child. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Marxxx: 1:15am On Oct 01, 2017
Funny!!! I had issues with my master (I was an apprentice) I left his place, on getting home I was told my brothers were already waiting for me at home and they had promised to beat the hell out of me...When I got the News, I turned back and went straight to mission (church)...A decision that did change my life forever.
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Marxxx: 1:41am On Oct 01, 2017
KOPT55:
I lived with my aunt and her husband in Lagos. I left Enugu to come and live with them at the age of 14. After two, I was tired of all the abuses, name calling and emotional torture I was constantly subjected to so I ran away from their house at the age of 16.

That's one the things I regret now. If I'd known, I would have endured a bit more. I would have taken the abuse until I gained admission into the University.

I feel like leaving their house robbed me of so many opportunities. I couldn't even go back to my parents because my father died while I was living with them and my mom, a stay at home mom, could well not have taken care of my school fees and sustenance.

That's how I started living in the streets, living with friends, getting kicked out of their house and sometimes even sleeping outside in the cold and rain for six years.

Today, things are much better for me but I do wish I never ran.
No Regrets!!! It was a decision you took...forget about the rest...stay strong...y' re better are better than a lot. You have good health, strength and other youthful attributes cherish it...some people crave it

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by AuroraB(f): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2017
Ryabcool:
this is what happens when people beg mammy water for child. grin grin grin grin grin
Say no more shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ishola Oyenusi 2.0 lipsrsealed
Thrift money ke? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by AuroraB(f): 7:00am On Oct 01, 2017
Onlinetalk:
BACK IN DOZ DAYS....I almost fleee from home when i finish a whole pot full OF MEAT B4 MY PARENT ARRIVE.....I WAS LIKE WHY DID I DO DIZ....I LATER PUNISHED MY SELF BY KNELLING DOWN TILL DEY ARRIVE
cheesy grin
O ma daran cheesy
Could this be true cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beef The Other Woman? - What Not To Do! / Lady Shares How Man Abandons Family To Marry A New Wife In Nigeria / What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.