Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie (26491 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Azam101: 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
Face your church business! gone are the days of distribution of funds to churches and mosques !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by GMbuharii: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
I hope afonja have learnt lesson
do they really ever learn? From afonja to awo to abiola and now this...again,do they really learn?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by ajepako(f): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
RESPECTnoble:

And label him a terrorist. grin grin grin

Terrorist be like chieftancy title now in Nigeria

Terrorist is a chieftancy title in Nigeria?

That really cracked me up..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Sirjamo: 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
stephanie11:
Archbishop of the Lagos archdiocese and former president of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie has weighed in on the overall performance of President Muhammadu Buhari since his first term began in 2015 and he says 'it's below average'.

PoliticsNGR learnt that Okogie also warned that the country will be worse than it currently is if Buhari should win again in the fast approaching 2019 elections. The cardinal's statements is coming shortly after former president, Olusegun Obasanjo also criticized the performance of the president.

Okogie, who spoke to Telegraph, said;

"As far as Cardinal Anthony Okogie is concerned, his first term is bad; I think it’s below the average mark.
So, this will not give him a better chance to stand for a second term. From what is on ground, I don’t think he will get anywhere.

The main thing that Nigerians want now is to see the dividends of democracy in action.They are telling us that we have pulled out of the recession. Go to the market, there’s nothing like that.There’s no sign of improvement. What is sold for N10 still sells for N10 or even at N12. Is that what you call improvement of the economy?

They promised to do everything but on getting into the saddle, they keep procrastinating. Look at the state of the nation today. It’s as if there is no government.

Look at the parliament, what are they doing in the House of Representatives? What are they doing in the Senate? What are the so-called big men doing? It’s very painful. We are going from bad to worse. Very soon, we’ll get to worst if there’s no change before December.

Everybody is taking the laws into their hands the way they like. Would you call this a nation? You can’t walk freely on the street. You are not sure of having a meal per day. You are not sure of seeing tomorrow.

People are not asleep. People are opening their eyes every day to see what these people are doing. And that is why they are struggling to have their man at the top. There are many other people lined up. And we’re talking about Buhari and Atiku.

Can they even win the primaries? These noisemakers are just making people to know that they are alive,"

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/30/nigeria-will-worse-buhari-wins-2nd-term-cardinal-okogie/
Trash! I was expecting to read something sensible, even if you have all the ideas in the word but do not have enough resources to execute it, all of it Will end up in the waste basket. If Buhari isn't the president now, only God knows what would happen, check out countries that depend on oil as only source of income; Venezuela, Togo etc they are in deeper mess than Nigeria.
We are able to manage because of his incorruptibility and prudence.
The only thing that can stop him from getting a second term is his health. Quote me all you want Buhari is an upright leader who's always unfortunate to rule in difficult times and always cleaning up other people's mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by ogunniyi2: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
Is all right!!!!

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by yaki84: 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
kindnyce:
Mr cardinal,
Tell use give us prophecy that will show us a better candidate, or forever remain Mute.
this ur speech needs restructuring.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by yaki84: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
victor8269:
I can't wait for 2019. Instead of me to vote for this party, I would vote for Kaitlyn Jenner as an independent candidate
is kaitlyn for or against restructuring?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Naruto87(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
ogologoamu:
Before you insult this man, upload the pictures of projects completed by Buhari in your state. Don't tell me that 2 years isn't enough for him b'cos APC told us to judge them after one year.

"The main thing that Nigerians want now is to see the dividends of democracy in action.They are telling us that we have pulled out of the recession. Go to the market, there’s nothing like that.There’s no sign of improvement. What is sold for N10 still sells for N10 or even at N12. Is that what you call improvement of the economy"?

Buhari is a failure from birth, always cutting corners before getting anything. The only man that joined the Army through back door, became Head of state through backdoor and finally became President through brainwashing his supporters.
Based on your statement it seem you have a personal issue with him because I don't understand why you would insult him.
I'll advice you study what economic recession is and also review the economy before and during this administration before you judge.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by uridadole: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
Its people like this man that are pulling Nigeria down. ignorance of the problem is the real problem of Nigeria. let him tell us who will Nigeria out of the challenges.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Coloradvantage(m): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
bros this government self... e make my woman d get double mind for all those big big old papas weh d toast.., some one go say if she no bad she ain't bad! but bros have you been to Benue state? okay.., how people weh d do business self go sell if salaries are not paid, talking of the state level now.., when many families deh under civil service! she have been great! but nna mehnnn! e get limit weh person can take... I won't judge ! although! I won't stay in the relationship any longer! respect!

back to the topic proper! buharis team and policies are not cool! although I keep working! hustle... to make peoples home look more beautiful with great painting works and pop mouldings. call for free estimates any where in Nigeria... 08031103606
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Realist2: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
The Dullard is a big minus to Nigeria, the only thing he knows how to do is Destroy and scatter , he has absolutely nothing to offer. Any body can do far better than what he is doing.
The Dullard has divided the country along ethnic lines and polarized the country more than before.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by blacknp(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
ogologoamu:
Before you insult this man, upload the pictures of projects completed by Buhari in your state. Don't tell me that 2 years isn't enough for him b'cos APC told us to judge them after one year.

"The main thing that Nigerians want now is to see the dividends of democracy in action.They are telling us that we have pulled out of the recession. Go to the market, there’s nothing like that.There’s no sign of improvement. What is sold for N10 still sells for N10 or even at N12. Is that what you call improvement of the economy"?

Buhari is a failure from birth, always cutting corners before getting anything. The only man that joined the Army through back door, became Head of state through backdoor and finally became President through brainwashing his supporters.
Please upload the pictures of projects the Governor in your your state of abode has completed or better mention any project the senator representing your constituency has started.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by ogologoamu: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Naruto87:

Based on your statement it seem you have a personal issue with him because I don't understand why you would insult him.
I'll advice you study what economic recession is and also review the economy before and during this administration before you judge.

I will also review your economy of 1984.

Buhari failed twice
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
victor8269:
I can't wait for 2019. Instead of me to vote for this party, I would vote for Kaitlyn Jenner as an independent candidate
grin
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by ogologoamu: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
Sirjamo:
Trash! I was expecting to read something sensible, even if you have all the ideas in the word but do not have enough resources to execute it, all of it Will end up in the waste basket. If Buhari isn't the president now, only God knows what would happen, check out countries that depend on oil as only source of income; Venezuela, Togo etc they are in deeper mess than Nigeria.
We are able to manage because of his incorruptibility and prudence.
The only thing that can stop him from getting a second term is his health. Quote me all you want Buhari is an upright leader who's always unfortunate to rule in difficult times and always cleaning up other people's mess.

Cry me a lagoon! Upright leader my ass. Two times president two times recession. Take this to the bank.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by ogologoamu: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
blacknp:
Please upload the pictures of projects the Governor in your your state of abode has completed or better mention any project the senator representing your constituency has started.

All Buhari's baboons, pigs and monkeys are very useless. They reasons like lizards and behaves like donkeys. They have nothing to show for their support for Buhari.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
UnimkeAk:

We openned 4000 emails for Federal govt workers

grin grin grin
grin grin grin >: grin
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by bejeria101(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
Same thing was said abt gej. Now the dullard is even worse! This one weak me biko!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Malawian(m): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
DMerciful:
It's not Bubu's fault. You cannot give what you don't have !
Irony of life is that You just got 40 likes on this quote that i was the first to make on this forum, yet i did not even get more than 3 likes for it. You owe me some likes bro. Make we share am smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by henryomez(m): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cardinal okogie should keep quiet no more free money for the churches again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by PHILipu1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
akinade28:
Yes, of course we already know. We have realize our mistake
In fact we r counting down to 2019, our votes will definitely speak then.
Once bitten twice shy
You are in the minority of 5% and i know you didn't vote him in 2015.
We that voted him will vote him because things could have been worse than this if not for Baba.
It's Buhari/Osinbajo till 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by PHILipu1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
ogologoamu:

All Buhari's baboons, pigs and monkeys are very useless. They reasons like lizards and behaves like donkeys. They have nothing to show for their support for Buhari.

you want to see projects that were completed for just 2 years?
How many project did your PDP completed in 16 years.

Give Buhari half of that 16 years and see.
You think that you can complete a good rail system within 2 years?
You think you can build good roads within 2 years?
You think you can build good dams,bridge etc within 2 years.
Then you need to have you head check.

He has blocked all the free money that people like you and the cardinal were getting and that is why you guys are making all this noise

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Tonason: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
The fault is from the people that voted him, 2017 we are in Paradise, 2018 and beyond would be kwadankwa
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
say Nigeria will not exist. Nigeria is already terribly worse
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Redhot111(m): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
Blackfire:
Sai baba

Till 2023

If to say na his 1st month in office u write dis one, u 4 don get over 200 likes. But hope u see how many likes u manage get? Dat should tell u wat to expect come 2019. Our eye don clear
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Sirjamo: 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
ogologoamu:

Cry me a lagoon! Upright leader my ass. Two times president two times recession. Take this to the bank.
Forget semantics, all the points I raised are valid or not? that's the issue. Don't let your hatred for the man becloud your sense of reasoning.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by ogologoamu: 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
PHILipu1:

you want to see projects that were completed for just 2 years?
How many project did your PDP completed in 16 years.

Give Buhari half of that 16 years and see.
You think that you can complete a good rail system within 2 years?
You think you can build good roads within 2 years?
You think you can build good dams,bridge etc within 2 years.
Then you need to have you head check.

He has blocked all the free money that people like you and the cardinal were getting and that is why you guys are making all this noise

It is now that corruption started in Nigeria. Buhari is a pretender and clueless, if you like give him 100years he'll remain a failure. likewise all Nigerian politicians.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by maisauki: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
tel us which project can be completed in two years...part of d campaign promises are security, fighting corruption, economic stability etc
while even opposition knows that baba has performed more than excellent in d first two listed above while saboteurs are hellbent on ensurin that government's effort is sabotaged
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by DMerciful(m): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Abeg take 20 likes grin
Malawian:

Irony of life is that You just got 40 likes on this quote that i was the first to make on this forum, yet i did not even get more than 3 likes for it. You owe me some likes bro. Make we share am smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Blackfire(m): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Redhot111:

If to say na his 1st month in office u write dis one, u 4 don get over 200 likes. But hope u see how many likes u manage get? Dat should tell u wat to expect come 2019. Our eye don clear

Walahi this is hate speech.... U are not a patriotic Nigerian.

Efcc take note of this one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by eldoradoxx: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
If you are 35 years and below you don't really know who General Muhammdu Buhari is until you have consulted your parents or elderly persons or gone to the library to research on Nigeria from 1984 to 1985 when Almighty Allah through the intervention of Ibrahim Babaginda arrested and removed him from office as Head of State. The first and only coup in the history of Nigeria that saw major celebration on the streets of Nigeria was the coup that removed Buhari. People threw party, Lagos was a beehive of activities, there were Thanksgiving service because Buhari was removed from power by IBB. His removal was an answer to prayer according to many. Why?
Buhari met an economy that was troubled buy could be managed and navigated back to its feet. he introduced obnoxious policies that saw to the total collapse of the economy. Companies collapsed and laid off workers and Nigerians had to queue up just to get rice, milk, sugar etc (Yes what you see happening in Venezuela now first happened here in Nigeria under General Muhammdu Buhari)

If not that Nigerians have gotten more sophisticated than their government and have learnt survival mechanism coupled with the fact that we now have democracy, Buhari almost collapsed this economy in less than one year in government. His exchange rate policy saw naira hitting about 500 to a dollar at a time, companies began closing up and laying off workers just exactly as it happened in 1984-85.
In 1984-85, he blamed his failure on Safari
today he blames his failure on Jonathan, Deziani and PDP as if Jonathan inherited an Eldorado country from other successive regime.
Buhari's weakness is this; he does not believe that his Hausa-Fulani brothers are not smart enough to manage an economy like Nigeria without the full help of other Nigerians from the South, yet he deems them the only people he trusts to run the government.
Look at Buhari's cabinet and composition of heads of security agencies, who is the first class, tested, trusted and globally renowned person there that can attract super standards to navigate Nigeria out of the misery a barely literate President has pushed it into?

Obasanjo brought technocrats into government and they laid foundation for the reforms we have in virtually all sectors and we witnessed a giant leap from Abacha era to a modern era. The Oby Ezekwesili, the Iwealas, the El Rufais, the Soludos, the Ojo Maduekwes, the Jerry Ganas, the Prof Eyitayo Lambos and many others too numerous to mention for the first time Nigeria began producing Forbes billionaires with multinational companies employing tens of thousands of Nigerians and paying taxes in billions of naira.

Yar Adua and Jonathan followed through by appointing competent hands who managed to run the economy relatively well despite dwindling oil prices and Boko Haram menace.

Then came Buhari and his people (he claims he cannot give appointments to "people he doesn't know"wink and look at where they have dragged us into.
Anyone who loves Nigeria more than Buhari won't vote for him again. Out of Jonathan's intransigence in power, we were forced to take Buhari as an option, but obviously he is far worse than Jonathan and Abacha combined.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie by Redhot111(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
Blackfire:

Walahi this is hate speech.... U are not a patriotic Nigerian.

Efcc take note of this one
But I didn't mention name na. It couldn't have been hate speech wen a name or pple wasn't mentioned biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers / President Zuma & His Wife At Chris Oyakhilome's LFMA2017 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.