Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film (8353 Views)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by emmy9: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ Blu malam,

urs is on point
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
You guys are hilarious.
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 11, 2010
LMAO! one thing i can tell you, in my sweet island of Jamaica, Nigerian movies RULE! i dont know ONE jamaican household even here in America lol without their Nigerian movie collection. I watch them like soap operas, with flaws and all. Beats MTV, BET AND VH1!
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by microgiant: 8:22am On Mar 11, 2010
buttercop:

the helicopter video was just incredibly ridiculous. do those movie makers take audiences for fool. is someone supposed to bliv that. that the worst case of bad filming i've ever seen
. i watched one once where omotola went out with her husband for dinner and something happen and the guy had to leave in annoyance and tell her "u'll meet me at home". when our own omo sexy got home dat same night, she had a new hairdo and change of clothes. talk about bad continuity. and when they're writing the crew they'll put continuity - Adewale Chukwudi Mustafa and the guy will be happy.
grin grin grin grin

Dude doesn't even know what credits title entails, they just have to put a name there. Like somebody said earlier, one name for producer, director, etc and most times when it's changed you see the name of the producer's kid in kindergarten as ASSISTANT PRODUCER. grin or ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2010
[size=13pt]That means you can gimme the DUTY wyne. . . . wink[/size]
MzDarkSkin:

LMAO! one thing i can tell you, in my sweet island of Jamaica, Nigerian movies RULE! i dont know ONE jamaican household even here in America lol without their Nigerian movie collection. I watch them like soap operas, with flaws and all. Beats MTV, BET AND VH1!
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by latepa(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
Nollywood for Life, you wanna try them grin grin
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by pops1(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
It's a Nigerian movie when it starts with a 30 minute advert and God is given the glory at the end,  ("To God Be The Glory")
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Xionez(m): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2010
Just finishd watchin a nollywood movie.
Pls can someone tel me how it is possible for someone to b shot in the head by assasins but only for blood to emerge from the chest,his head on closeup isnt affected?!
I never knew rich couples living in mighty mansions sleep in a small bedroom.
##signs##We just cant get it right,can we?!

1 Like

Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by aieromon(m): 8:54am On Mar 12, 2010
****Have you guys noticed how a stranger walks into a rich man's house and the m0r0n asks ''Who are you and how did you get into my house'', Fool,with all your money,gatemen and bodyguards,the stranger walked in through an unlocked gate and door to the house to meet you in the living room shocked If it was like this, most politicians would be dead by now grin grin
****In a rich man's house,you don't see people swallowin' food like eba,fufu etc.The scenes MUST always display the use of cutleries even if its bread and tea(yes,i've seen this happen in one of Olu Jacobs flick).
Opposite is the case for the poor man in the village who displays his hand skills.See the guy swallow with zeal and smack his lips lettin' us know the soup is tight grin grin
****University PROFESSORS always look wretched.Can't they see that Wole Soyinka takes good care of his hair
****Kids of the rich men hardly work.If they're not at home gossiping,they're either cruising or shoppin'.You never see them at work.
****For one to know you schooled/went abroad,you have to roll your tongue.Very stupid.Most times,these feelamongers are rascals and unpolished.Is that what travellin' abroad does to Nigerians
****When are we goin' to have great kid actors who don't slur their lines and look like imbeciles?The Bunor kid was wonderful but i guess he's grown now.
****Any film that has lovers in beaches ridin' camels,in eateries feedin' each other icecream or bathin' in swimming pools must have a break-up scene somewhere.Where did the romance go to?
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by microgiant: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2010
when you are watching a movie where people go to the beach with a big bag full of clothes and they go into the water fully clothed only their shoes removed.

same movie, same scene: ladies came on land, got back in the river and one was actually walking (it seems she doesn't actually know how to swim) was drowning and two guys rushed in to rescue the person as soon as they got hold of her instantly she became lifeless and died on their getting her to dry ground.
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by mi3(f): 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
LWKMD!!! you guys are too funny! i love my Naija movies jor! the more of these "tabons", the better, ah, what other drama can i watch that will have me in tears from laughter?

Ini Edo managing to be spectacularly bush even if i desperately want to believe she's classier than that,

Nonso Diobi forever on the verge of tears and acting like a spoilt brat,

hearing the WIND rustling the mic,

seeing the aforementioned fluffy mic hanging over Oge Okoye's head as her words are lost in the background noise,

everybody sweating like they have been running because they are using million watt lights in the confines of a wardrobe and apparently handkerchief and powder are too complex to understand,

plot lines that make no sense whatsoever and are completely disjointed, i swear i saw someone get shot, and then she was in the next scene as if i hallucinated it,

the fact that there is no such genre as "romantic comedy". Say the truth and shame the devil, have you ever watched a love story that wasn't catastrophic? Someone is always hating someone, doing juju, dying, or struggling. There is no such concept as "uncomplicated", nothin spoil sha, cuz i wouldn't watch ^_^,

evil mother in laws,

randy lecturers/employers,

orange sellers with attitude problem,

hideous boutiques,

unnecessary long pointless scenes of somebody lamenting, of somebody driving, of people chasing each other around palm trees, i'm talking 5 minutes of this! haba!

Actresses rocking the same clothes in more than one movie, na bring cloth as you come o!

You are completely justified in your criticism of every single bit of the movie, from cast to wardrobe to plot and location, and yet you are still watching, was watching "Bandit Queen" today, kai i was annoyed throughout the thing, i wanted to slap someobody!

Unnecessary random grammar, metaphors and so forth, ref: This movie with er, Ramsey Noah, Olu Jacobs, Stephanie Okereke and Nadia Buari, where he was a prince, every line na poem!

Olu Jacobs must knack grammar

Nkiru Silvanus must be miserable

Police stations always look the same, abi dem sign contract with one?

Actors that do not even pretend to fit the role, Lord knows i've seen more than one questionable billionaire or "prof" or Doctor

Everlasting hair style and manicure, even when the chick has become destitute and everything o! she will be rockin acrylic abi gel nails,

No pregnancy goes without spiritual attack

Extended families never get along

The accident issue has been covered ^_^, *turn steering wheel wildly left and right* *open eyes very wide* *make sure the car is barely moving* *scream* *put hands on head or cover mouth* *zig-zag* *drive into bush or gutter* *run with hands on head to see profusely bleeding, often dead person in middle of road, whom you did not actually hit*

To God be the Glory, plus "the wicked shall never live" *bible verse*

WATCH OUT FOR PART TWO!

Coming soon + trailer that is essentially someones flashback of part 1, plus nothing new happens lai lai,

I Love me some Naija movies!
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by agitator: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2010
^^^ Kai lwkmd
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]That means you can gimme the DUTY wyne. . . . wink[/size]

oh no! i hate that dance undecided

LMFAO!@ M.I.
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Nuelaville: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
U knw it's a Nigerian film whn d only slow motion effect dt cn b done is whn Emeka wnts 2 slap Genevieve..
Re: Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film by Bofemsky(f): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
You know its a Nigerian movie when a man hits his head on the floor and dies without bleeding!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Saw LUCA (2021) (download Link Available) / My Experience With Actv / Which Movie Character Would You Play?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.