Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? (12494 Views)

Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by butterflyl1on: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Would i do it? One good thing is: You're making me ask myself that question. The other should be that I get to answer it without being judged for saying yes (or no). That's the way it should be. The evil thing about pro-lifers is that they take away the right to choose. Asking myself that question means I'm pro-choice on the issue of abortion: I acknowledge that there is a personal question to be asked, and a personal decision to be made.

To commandeer another person's body, exposing it to deformation and health dangers, for a period if nine months without that person's unreserved express consent, must violate a number of fundamental human rights. A woman must want to go through with the pregnancy for it to be deemed viable. People who want to bestow personhood on a zygote take personhood away from an adult female when they deny her the right to her own body. If a zygote is a living person with the right to life and liberty and all, incarcerating a pregnant woman should naturally translate to wrongful imprisonment of a minor. You can't pick and choose when to decide to call it a human being.

That said, abortion is never an easy decision for any woman, but it is ultimately her place to decide whether or not to,do it. And choosing abortion doesn't make her a monster. I can see myself aborting a pregnancy if an AFT showed chromosomal anomalies that would greatly compromise the quality of life of my soon-to-be-born child. That may not be the only scenario that would register with me, but that's just off the top of my head now.

Good to know. However is the child actually a part of the womans body or a whole new body growing which is totally different from the womans body since they may not share the same sex and even when they do, they do not share the same character, mind, brain, etc.

What do you say?
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by jaksmillioniar: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2017
cococandy:
I am prochoice. Come and beat me
am so sorry I act as a fool
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by cococandy(f): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
Phew. Thank you
RaggedyAnn:

Would i do it? One good thing is: You're making me ask myself that question. The other should be that I get to answer it without being judged for saying yes (or no). That's the way it should be. The evil thing about pro-lifers is that they take away the right to choose. Asking myself that question means I'm pro-choice on the issue of abortion: I acknowledge that there is a personal question to be asked, and a personal decision to be made.

To commandeer another person's body, exposing it to deformation and health dangers, for a period if nine months without that person's unreserved express consent, must violate a number of fundamental human rights. A woman must want to go through with the pregnancy for it to be deemed viable. People who want to bestow personhood on a zygote take personhood away from an adult female when they deny her the right to her own body. If a zygote is a living person with the right to life and liberty and all, incarcerating a pregnant woman should naturally translate to wrongful imprisonment of a minor. You can't pick and choose when to decide to call it a human being.

That said, abortion is never an easy decision for any woman, but it is ultimately her place to decide whether or not to,do it. And choosing abortion doesn't make her a monster. I can see myself aborting a pregnancy if an AFT showed chromosomal anomalies that would greatly compromise the quality of life of my soon-to-be-born child. That may not be the only scenario that would register with me, but that's just off the top of my head now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I am sure you have seen where I asked a very salient question.

AT WHAT POINT DOES LIFE BEGIN? WHEN IS A FETUS CONSIDERED HUMAN?

if you can answer this then you would see my position clearly and why all you said was simply an error on your part from not going through each of my comments.
Oh I went through your responses, well actually i just breezed through , only felt obliged to point out the contradiction in that particular one. Of course you don't expect me to actively read three pages of you attacking people because their opinions differ from yours, opinions which you solicited o, might as well watch paint dry.

But quick question, do you think there's an objective answer to this question? aren't people supposed to answer based on personal convictions? It's impossible to get a unanimous consensus on issues like this, all you're gonna get instead is a thread with many pages of arguments/ counterarguments . . and considering your reputation, adhominems on the last two grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by butterflyl1on: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
OliviaPope:
Oh I went through your responses, well actually i just breezed through , only felt obliged to point out the contradiction in that particular one. Of course you don't expect me to actively read three pages of you attacking people because their opinions differ from yours, opinions which you solicited o, might as well watch paint dry.

But quick question, do you think there's an objective answer to this question? aren't people supposed to answer based on personal convictions? It's impossible to get a unanimous consensus on issues like this, all you're gonna get instead is a thread with many pages of arguments/ counterarguments . . and considering your reputation, adhominems on the last two grin grin

your comment again shows that you clearly need to go through the thread.

I never "attacked " anyone and simply encouraged opinion sharing and dissuading those who actually did "attack" other peoples opinion.

I repeatedly said here that opinions are personal and not set in stone. You are clearly misguided with your comment right now.

Nobody is here to win or be validated. Simply to share opinions and let the readers decide which appeals to them. Already we have been getting divergent views which is the sole purpose of the thread.

Disabuse your mind from what you thought.
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Humanistme:
mindfulness, Cococandy, Paperlace, shaybebaby, Baby124, pocohantas, lefulefu, tosyne2much, raggedyann, refiner, eyinjuege, thorpido, kanwuliaextra, Daeylar, pcguru1, acidosis, mariesucre, safarigirl, missyadorable, imaima1
i no get womb oo cheesy
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Humanistme:
mindfulness, Cococandy, Paperlace, shaybebaby, Baby124, pocohantas, lefulefu, tosyne2much, raggedyann, refiner, eyinjuege, thorpido, kanwuliaextra, Daeylar, pcguru1, acidosis, mariesucre, safarigirl, missyadorable, imaima1

Abortion is murder finito

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by cococandy(f): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
pcguru1:

Abortion is murder finito
Nobody cares what you think about abortion .

Absolutely no one. Zero

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
cococandy:

Nobody cares what you think about abortion .

Absolutely no one. Zero

I was asked by OP, so yeah someone does care might not be you.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by cococandy(f): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
pcguru1:

I was asked by OP, so yeah someone does care might not be you.
Well you should have answered the OP Instead of tagging me and many others to the post.

I DO NOT CARE
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
cococandy:

Well you should have answered the OP Instead of tagging me and many others to the post.

I DO NOT CARE

That wasn't an insult when I said it wasn't you. But noted

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by cococandy(f): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
pcguru1:

That wasn't an insult when I said it wasn't you. But noted

I didn't take it as an insult

Ok bye
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Juliearth(f): 1:51am On Oct 10, 2017
Mindfulness:

Austria
Gestational limit: First three months - in practice often before 12 weeks

Belgium
Gestational limit: 12 weeks

Bulgaria

Cyprus
Gestational limit: 28 weeks
Allowed to save a woman's life, to preserve her mental or physical health or in cases of rape or incest and if the child is likely to be born with serious disabilities.

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland
Gestational limit: 24 weeks
Abortions permitted up to 12 weeks to save the woman's life, to preserve her mental health, for economic or social reasons or in the cases of rape or incest. Available up to 20 weeks if there is a risk to the physical health of woman or if she is younger than 17. The procedure can be performed up to 24 weeks if the woman's life is at risk or there is a risk of foetal malformation.

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Ireland
Gestational limit: No set limit
Conditions: Only allowed if woman's life is at risk (including the risk of suicide).

Italy

Latvia

[...]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6235557.stm

Next time, make sure you know what you are talking about before you engage me.

Thumbs up to you,you obviously know your onions.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Nmeri17: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Why do you keep using "kissing emojis"? You are too old for me.
KanwuliaExtra:

You are 1 MAJOR reason why women should have abortions, so as not to replicate genetic disasters.

You are abusive and chauvinistic. You are the kind that blackmails females after sleeping with them like your FELLOW NL scammers. grin
Any girl unfortunate to end in your bed only has a life/death time of regrets.

Tufiakwa!!!!

Cc #NL SCAMMERS#
grin grin You two are undoubtedly, a match made in heaven grin grin
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by DarkRebel69: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nmeri17:

grin grin You two are undoubtedly, a match made in heaven grin grin

KanwuliaExtra, you hear this man? He said we are a match made in heaven. grin
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:38am On Oct 21, 2017
DarkRebel69:

KanwuliaExtra, you hear this man? He said we are a match made in heaven. grin

Very great sense of humor he gat.
He prolly meant in “HELL”!
You wisssssh!
TufiaaaaaaaKWA!!!!

Na wetin consine me with NL “Cotonou Boy” like you? grin
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by DarkRebel69: 5:53am On Oct 21, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

Very great sense of humor he gat.
He prolly meant in “HELL”!
You wisssssh!
TufiaaaaaaaKWA!!!!

Na wetin consine me with NL “Cotonou Boy” like you? grin

I have a big dick, beyond the average 6 inches. And it's very beautiful and very black. Think of it as a stallion dangling in between my legs. You sure you wouldn't like that, grandma? I could make you feel young again. grin

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Humanistme: 9:27am On May 29, 2018
Irish abortion referendum: Ireland overturns abortion ban
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44256152

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by Humanistme: 11:20am On May 29, 2018
victory for pro-choice

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:42am On May 30, 2018
Humanistme:

Answer?

Yes! Especially if I HATE the dude! kiss
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:17am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Does a fetus not have a right to life as well?

The mother also has the right to decide who she wants to share her body's nutrients with.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:22am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Why do we have adoption agencies?

So you will pay for the medical bills in the hospital before it gets to the adoption agency?
Or you will take on life-threatening pregnancy complications that may come up on the delivery bed?

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:23am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So you would kill a child for something they know nothing about and are innocent of?

Using the term "unwanted" now makes me wonder on a few things.

If the sperm would fertilise the egg and the egg would travel down to the womb and implant itself does it not show you that the fetus somehow had a will of its own even though you term it as "unwanted"?

The same logic can be applied to a poisoned food. It does travel down the gullet on its own volition but is not wanted in the stomach.
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:23am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Yes men do not get pregnant but they provide the enabling ingredient.
That is true. But they take on none of the risk.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:33am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Wouldn't it have been a better option to give the child up? I mean there are many out there with more than enough love for that child and who have no idea of the emotional torture that you went through with that child and they would love and cater for the child unconditionally.

If there was an option offered you, to either kill or give up the child what would you do?

You assume that it's gonna be a breeze for the 9 months before the "giving up" part.

https://m.guardian.ng/features/nigerias-maternal-mortality-ratio-is-alarming/

"according to a 2013 Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey ( NDHS ) MMR in Nigeria is 576 deaths per 100 ,000 live births and this figure is just an estimate as not every death is documented. Annually , for every hundred thousand live births , 576 women die . Sadly , this is not even the minimum but an average, because in places like the North for example , we have it as high as over a thousand mortalities per 100 , 000 live births."

Let's not even talk about the medical bills yet? On average the cost of CS in an moderately equipped hospital in Nigeria can be as high as 300,000k

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:39am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So you would rather kill the baby than take a chance?
Take a chance of?
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:40am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

ironically, a lot of men promote abortion. As a woman you already came factory fitted for conception, delivery and post delivery nursing.

Is the pain during delivery enough to kill a baby in the womb? Jobs have alternatives. Being your own boss is the best job you can have.

Single parenthood holds no stigma. You only choose to embrace the so called stigma you see but you can also choose to see it and ignore it and live your life.

It may be your vagina but it came prepared to take and give. So in a sense it isn't essentially yours. It's simply a tool.

That's a silly logic. Men also come with scrotal sacs should they be forced to father children?
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:41am On May 30, 2018
DarkRebel69:

If you are a GIRL or WOMAN, you are not fit to discuss mid-life crisis in men. If you are not Asian, you are not fit to discuss Asian politics. That's how lousy your rationale is.

Just admit your brain is water-logged at the moment. Murderer.

You do not bear the risk in the case. You're not an authority on female anatomy. You have never been in a position to express female consent. So no, you do not know. You're arguing blindly.
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:44am On May 30, 2018
DarkRebel69:

Because only women suffer the consequences of abortions? Take this for example: A woman has had multiple abortions and suffers complications, she gets married at some later date, but she is unable to bear children due to the complications. Now, does the choice of her actions not affect her husband who is probably none the wiser about her antecedents?

It's still only her that suffers the consequence. Not the man. She's the one who may not be able to give birth not him. Infertility is not contagious despite how you try to phrase your absurd analogy.

They both can consider these options:
1) Test tube with a surrogate's egg
2) Surrogacy
3) VVF
4) Adoption
5) Separation

So how again does it affect him? Why should he have to suffer the consequences of her actions. He can be supportive as stated above or separate.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:55am On May 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Let me show you why I say it's a problem and I focused on China. In China, the abortion trend favours male children than female and since it's a household act very deep insensitivity to life has been formed. Life means nothing.

Watch the video attached and see the results of years of no value to life via abortion. This I'd a video of a 2 year old Chinese girl in a very busy market who got run over repeatedly by vehicles in front of over 18 bystanders and witnesses and absolutely nobody did anything. The only person who did something eventually was a woman who simply dragged the body off the road and put it against some sacks and walked away.

Watch it and then tell me your opinion. This is the domino effect of abortion legalisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UQGOle_ap0

This has nothing to do with abortion but societies stereotypes.

In this same vain when there is a natural disaster or accident on ships or planes. The emergency code is usually "children and women first". Is this also as a result of sex-selective abortion.

It's societies preconceived prejudice. You're going great your elbow with that reach.
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:56am On May 30, 2018
skressed1:
Abortion is always a very ethical and controversial topic to discuss. Personally, I’m not for it. Children are a blessing, some women are barren and try their best to conceive but they can’t, while others end up conceiving unintentionally. While a woman is in charge of her body, I do think the fetus, something we once all were, still has the right to life and if she doesn’t want the baby, pass it to someone who does. Give the baby up so the child still gets to live and be with parent(s) who want them. Why should they die when they didn’t ask to be born? What if your mother aborted you? What you can’t do, someone else will.

Pregnancy is a process, but it doesn’t last forever. The woman should just give the child up so the child still gets a chance. Unless the pregnancy is seriously high risk, but regardless I’m still against it.

Children are a blessing is subjective.
Re: Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? by MarieSucre(f): 9:58am On May 30, 2018
Humanistme:
victory for pro-choice
Yes!! Now waiting for Nigeria to do the needful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? / Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer / Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.