Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? (1287 Views)

Husband Secretly Divorced Wife 20 Years Ago Without Her Knowing. / No HIV: Nigerian Man Who Squandered His Money On South African Women, Thanks God / Single Mom Advertises Herself For A Husband On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Many ladies in a marriage want to keep their money as theirs while the man's money is spent on the household. This means a woman owns her money, while the man's money is his or is shared.

Now, if a woman keeps her money to herself and tags it as hers, should a man's money not be his own? And if in a marriage a man's money is his own, and a woman's money is hers, and both have no entitlements over the other party's money, then why do ladies demand a share of the husband's money after a divorce?

Now the question is, if a wife says her money is hers, then why seek for financial share after a divorce?
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by mikejj(m): 9:56am On Oct 03, 2017
serious matter well that's means she is a slaved to money take her to court and pay her off
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2017
mikejj:
serious matter well that's means she is a slaved to money take her to court and pay her off

If you're a multi millionaire would you share it with a wife who during the marriage withheld to her money as hers only?
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by IamLEGEND1: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2017
Share my money?
She dey craze ni abi she get horns for head?
This is not the U.S wey I go pay you alimony.
Fuck_you & your cray-cray, if we separate we don separate be that...... 1kobo you no go see.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 03, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Share my money?
She dey craze ni abi she get horns for head?
This is not the U.S wey I go pay you alimony.
Bleep you & your cray-cray, if we separate we don separate be that...... 1kobo you no go see.

grin Lol hommie
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by mikejj(m): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2017
supersystemsnig:

If you're a multi millionaire would you share it with a wife who during the marriage withheld to her money as hers only?
. I get it. its a sign that my ex wife is a greedy woman,you understand.since I have the money there is no big deal in giving her the settlement she wants ok.all I will do is I will take her to court as cover in other for her not to come back and ask for money again and she don't go out and spoil my name.so she leaves in peace
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Divay22(f): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2017
If kids are involve ,then the man has no choice but to give to the woman, not necessarily because of her but for the kids.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 03, 2017
mikejj:
. I get it. its a sign that my ex wife is a greedy woman,you understand.since I have the money there is no big deal in giving her the settlement she wants ok.all I will do is I will take her to court as cover in other for her not to come back and ask for money again and she don't go out and spoil my name.so she leaves in peace

Hmm...Thanks for sharing..Nice
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Saintsammurai(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2017
GOD FORBID BAD THING..
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2017
Divay22:
If kids are involve ,then the man has no choice but to give to the woman, not necessarily because of her but for the kids.

Since she was saving her money during the marriage, why should she ask for money from the man ?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2017
Depends....if the wife has the custody of the child then such situations may be called for

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2017
freddywells81:
Depends....

Shed more light please
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Divay22(f): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Since she was saving her money during the marriage, why should she ask for money from the man ?
It's just her own selfishness..
If he has in abundance, then he can give but it shouldn't be a must for him....
It's only appropriate when they both have kids together and he must give his own quarter to help in taking care of the kids.
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2017
Divay22:

It's only appropriate when they both have kids together and he must give his own quarter to help in taking care of the kids.

Well said baby, it's just that for ladies who say their money is theirs, i think it is fair not to ask for any kind of alimony after a split, afterall she was busy saving money throughout her marriage?
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by mikejj(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Hmm...Thanks for sharing..Nice
. welcome bro
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by mikejj(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Divay22:

. I support you dear.that's why I don't blame guys who says they can't marry a woman that has money morethan himself
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Divay22(f): 11:02am On Oct 03, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Well said baby, it's just that for ladies who say their money is theirs, i think it is fair not to ask for any kind of alimony after a split, afterall she was busy saving money throughout her marriage?
Yeah
And some women can be crazy tho, they don't mind frustrating the hell outta you for that settlement, just for peace, you can just give her and let her go (if you have).
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2017
Divay22:

Yeah
And some women can be crazy tho, they don't mind frustrating the hell outta you for that settlement, just for peace, you can just give her and let her go (if you have).

Lol. It's not for me. I'm building a picture of a marriage based on what you ladies here on the forum say...I'm trying to build a pciture of what a future marriage would look like for the next generation...Not me, lol.. cheesy
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Divay22(f): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Lol. It's not for me. I'm building a picture of a marriage based on what you ladies here on the forum say...I'm trying to build a pciture of what a future marriage would look like for the next generation...Not me, lol.. cheesy
Of course not you cheesy
The next generation, let's deal with this our own first o, because we're in for suprise for the next one coming.. grin grin
Have a nice day.
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2017
Divay22:

Of course not you cheesy
The next generation, let's deal with this our own first o, because we're in for suprise for the next one coming.. grin grin
Have a nice day.

Well, it's this one i meant by the next generation. Going by how you ladies erupt thesedays, it's sane to become less hopeful of a sane marriage. The deal with i don't want to be cheated has taken over people's better parts
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by PsychicTerrin: 11:20am On Oct 03, 2017
It can be easy if you are spiritually connected
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2017
PsychicTerrin:
It can be easy if you are spiritually connected

Do you mind explaining please?
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Divay22(f): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Well, it's this one i meant by the next generation. Going by how you ladies erupt thesedays, it's sane to become less hopeful of a sane marriage. The deal with i don't want to be cheated has taken over people's better parts
And it's high time we stop blaming ladies for broken homes ,men also have their part to play...
The both parties failed and not just one, if the man can play his role well, the woman will likely tag along....

I believe in positivity
The fact that others failed, doesn't mean mine will... We just like complicating things and bringing out what would never have existed.
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Divay22:

And it's high time we stop blaming ladies for broken homes ,men also have their part to play...
The both parties failed and not just one, if the man can play his role well, the woman will likely tag along....

I believe in positivity
The fact that others failed, doesn't mean mine will... We just like complicating things and bringing out what would never have existed.

I accept your comments and agree with you 100% and even more..I don't blame relationships on either gender, issues have to be discussed to know the underlying problems and what caused it.

I believe in positivity,
The fact that others failed, doesn't mean mine will... We just like complicating things and bringing out what would never have existed. I also believe in this ideology, but let me ask you, why then the need to create defensive mechanism, i.e. incase e divorce or leave me, doesn't it imply a lack of faith? Should one go into a marriage half-minded? that then can we make up of what the scripture says that things measure back up to people in accordance to the effort,i.e. will, zeal,intent they put into them?

I think i just may start to lose hope too...
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
If a woman's money is hers alone, then why seek for alimony after a split? Afterall, by the same principle, the man should be entitled to his entire money
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
In the West, the man will actually be working for the divorced wife and if by chance their kids are in her custody, then he'll be working for free if you understand what I mean.grin
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
In the West, the man will actually be working for the divorced wife and if by chance their kids are in her custody, then he'll be working for free if you understand what I mean.grin

Jeez
Re: Should A Husband Share His MONEY With His Divorced Wife? by Kobicove(m): 1:11am On Oct 04, 2017
Once you're divorced you owe her nothing except an alimony if she has kids for you undecided

(1) (Reply)

She Tells Her Mum Everything,Always. / Relationship Tips You Must Know Before Committing Yourself To Someone / Game : How Often Do Your Girlfriend Call You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.