Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old (4916 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever / Youngest Mother Ever Is 5 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by nazzyon(m): 5:59am On Feb 18, 2007
I have heard about the info below for sometime now. But I kept wondering, that is why I decided to paste it right here the way it was said scienceroll.com

Is it true?

What do you think.

There are always some kinds of records that you just can’t believe. These cases are outside the borders of rational thinking. The youngest mother was a 5 year old Peruvian girl. I thought that it’s just an other urban legend, but the images and the sources convinced me. Ok, a five year old girl is not matured enough to give birth to a child. The absence of puberty, menstrual cycle, proper development of the uterus makes it impossible, but:

Her name was Lina Medina, a Peruvian girl from the Andean village of Ticrapo… Lina’s parents initially thought their daughter had a large abdominal tumor… but Lina was eventually transferred to a hospital in Lima, where she delivered a six-pound baby boy by Cesarean section on 14 May 1939. Lina’s father was temporarily jailed on suspicion of incest, but he was released for a lack of evidence and authorities were never ableto determine who fathered Lina’s child.

By the way, the answers are here: her doctors were stunned as she had been having regular periods since the age of three. According ot her doctor, Escomel, she had an extraordinary hormonal disorder of the pituitary gland.

Jose Sandoval, an obstetrician who took an interest in Lina Medina’s case and authored a book about her in 2002 said that Lina was a psychologically normal child, that she displayed no other unusual medical symptoms, and that she preferred playing with dolls rather than her own child.

If you're doubting please visit:

http://scienceroll.com/2006/12/09/the-youngest-mother-ever/

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by naijacutee(f): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2007
Who the hell could have impregnated this baby?
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by kaylala(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2007
The news is irritating.I cannot even open the site.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Eurphoria(f): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2007
i heard of this too, but didnt probe further, i too thought oe still think it may not be true. But if it is then i am not too bothered about her unusual biological makeup(poor thing). Rather i am more bothered about how she got pregnant in the first place.

kaylala i feel you too cry

naijacutie, who ever did such a thing should be castrated, ppl like that should. Did you guys hear of the 2yrs old baby that was raped and killed by her uncle in England recently?
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by jaybaby(f): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2007
I cant Blive It ** Disgusting***---5 years Old Preggy? O M G How Did It Happen? Tot they said(Medically) before a baby can stay in a gurls womb --she must b @ least 9 - 10 yrz old- So How did diz Happen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Badman888(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2007
Yes the youngest mother is actually five years old, dont have any link to this but read it in a medical book some years back, shocking
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Precious8(f): 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2007
That's disgusting!
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by saintkola(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2007
itz all gud! lol
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Gamine(f): 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2007
itz all good! lol
u must be crazy Sir. shocked
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by jaybaby(f): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2007
smiley
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Maneater1(f): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2007
shocked

Gross.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Raymand(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2007
Amazing!
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by bluenubian(f): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2007
poor girl cry
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by U1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2007
Yeeparipa!Ori iya mi ooooo shocked cry
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by naijadiva2(f): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2007
i read about her before.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by bunmii(f): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2007
shocked
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by kike001(f): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2007
i doubt it cuz like in science u ve b do ur puberty before u can give birth i mean produce eggs i dont think 5 year old can do dat if u say 12 i can still believe dat 5 is out of it
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by georget(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2007
It's outrageous.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Free(f): 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2007
wow

who in their rite mind wud impreganate a 5yr old

das very sick angry
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by busygirl(f): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2007
It's simply crazy! shocked
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by monshege: 1:26am On Mar 22, 2007
@ topic
except she started seeing her period by the age of 5

by the age of 5, the girl's eggs are not yet ready to be fertilized. for crying out loud, she hasnt even started ovulating, how would she be able to get pregnant not to talk of carrying the baby.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by morayo15(f): 12:03am On Apr 06, 2007
impossible. I still don't believe this could happen
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by naijadiva2(f): 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2007
here's proof of the five year old mother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youngest_mother
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by monshege: 3:56am On Apr 07, 2007
common man, even onyibo man still make mistakes with things they call facts at times. i still need to be convinced, which would mean that all the philosophies and jargon i was taught in school were all plain "babash" (nonsense). its either teacher has taught me nonsense or this article is,
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by busygirl(f): 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2007
embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry :' it's really sad
I pray the girl doesn't die during delivery.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by dblock(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2007
That is so cool, her daughter/son can go to the same schools as her. And if she/he is smart enough they might even be in the same class. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by omoge(f): 3:35am On Apr 21, 2007
I watched a documentary on TLC and Discovery Health channel of some women one in England, another in somewhere closed to Russia (i forgot the country) and many others, one was pregnant with twins, she lost one of the baby but for some reason some part of the miscarried twins survived and lived on inside the other twins, when she gave birth, the new baby had a swolllen stomach. Diagnosis showed his twins, they had to operate to remove the other death twin inside the new baby, scared me o

the other woman carried the lost baby who continued to survive partially inside the woman for more than 40 years. A surgery was done in England to remove it, oh my God you should have seen it, real baby!!!! she was already old by the time this surgery was done. she said she had always felt pains but living in the village, she did not know what it was and the village hospital did not see anything wrong with her. they showed the baby, wow!!! it looked so real, it attached itself to the woman's body and became part of her body that the surgery to removed it was risky.

the health documentary opened my eyes to mysteries, and i think that's this 5years old situation. there is a name for it, will post it when i remember. there are many cases that was documented.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1826821.cms

this is one i can find for now:Doctors remove 15-yr-old dead foetus
[30 Jul, 2006 l 1730 hrs ISTlIANS]
 Print
 Save
 EMail

BHOPAL: In a bizarre and medically shocking incident, a 35-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh survived carrying a dead foetus for over 15 years.

She was however operated upon on Friday at the government hospital at Khargone, 348 km from here, and the dead foetus weighing a kilo-and-half was finally removed from her womb.

Renubai conceived two years after her marriage. But since her menstrual cycle started in the seventh month of her pregnancy, her family members thought she had a miscarriage and the foetus, which they thought was a tumour, remained in the womb.

On not conceiving again, the poor Dalit family took it as their fate and the couple adopted a son. Meanwhile, whenever Renubai complained of stomach ache, they took her to a quack as they could not afford to see a qualified doctor. His medicines provided her some relief and they never took the matter seriously.

This time, however, the medicines did not work and she was taken to the district hospital where sonography and other tests revealed that she was carrying a dead foetus.

Ultimately, she was successfully operated upon with her uterus being removed as a precautionary measure leaving the doctors astounded that the 15-year-old dead foetus did not cause any infection in the woman's womb.

Wondering at the 'amazing immune system' of the patient and appreciating her body resistance, Khargone district hospital civil surgeon Viraj Phalke, expressed surprise over her remaining alive for so many years with a dead foetus.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 21, 2007
Yep, saw the documentary too. 2 cases of ectopic pregnancies. The foetus attaches outside the womb usually the fallopian tube or sometimes in the abdominal cavity where the body's immune system produces antibodies against it and encases it in a cyst.
The woman has no symptoms that go along with pregnancy since the foetus is not attached to the endometrial lining.

Poor women! sad
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by omoge(f): 3:43am On Apr 21, 2007
thank goodness you watched it my brother. it was soooooooooo shocking 40years!! and that of new born with their dead brother inside them, wow!

so i think that's the case of this 5years old.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 21, 2007
no, this 5 yr old must be a real medical mystery. She had a full functional reproductive system at 5.  shocked

It's not shocking, these days ultrasound scans ensure such a thing does not happen again. I wouldnt know about the twin inside his twin angle. I forget what that is now.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by omoge(f): 3:49am On Apr 21, 2007
It's was an eye opening! i was like oh my Lord, It frightened me! but i was glad i watched it cuz my class was canceled that day.

maybe that's what some Nigeria women are going through that all the baba will say it's winch and make money out of them, and pastors too make money from them as they perform 'MIRACLES'' ummmm

there are wonders and mysterious thing in the life you know.
Re: Can This Be True? (the Youngest Mother Ever ) 5 Years Old by Nobody: 3:53am On Apr 21, 2007
my sister you never see medical mysteries o. Stay glued to discovery health to watch freak shows! wink
Some women who get pregnant and never deliver the child (their tummy looks like they are pregnant) are sometimes cases of ectopic pregnancies. Most are lucky, if the fallopian tube ruptures as a result it can be fatal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Records 3 New COVID-19 Cases, Discharges 53 / Side Effect Of Smoking Indian Hemp, Marijuana, Cannabis (weed) / What Are The Benefits Of Rabbit Meat? 10 Reasons That Will Make You Eat At Least

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.