Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy (4586 Views)

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / My Life Is Upside Down / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Don't let them say we politicize the subject, however good will alone is not enough. It has to be holistic, and such task must be carried upon the shoulders of visionaries who made a sense of direction and were strong enough to lead others on that path. When a man complains of his tools, is he efficient?

My apologies for digressing. The task is so funny that between the tool, the tool box, and the tool man, one can't just say who is efficient and who is not.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by iyisco2001(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
you guys come dey talk of deactivating.
Abeg.
Let me talk about my own perspective of simplicity.
Mind you, I am not an advocate of poverty, lol.
A complex system : A complex system is any system featuring a large number of interacting components (agents, processes, etc.)
whose aggregate activity is nonlinear (not derivable from the summations of the activity of individual components) and typically exhibits hierarchical self-organization under selective pressures.
I always say happiness is a factor of illusion of your mind.
A man who has a house in Ibadan, living life free of traffic, has a fair job, has family, compared to a man who is in lagos, 1/4 of his days are spent in traffic and doesnt even know what his family is like.
Who is more happy?
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

You are right. That is why I go by the political science definition of truth. Truth is defined as the state of things that exist.

Yes. In terms of truth as known by the mind through analytical reason. I think probably mathematical truth is about the closest we get to something irrefutable. Once the terms are understood and agreed upon, 2+2=4 is very hard to dispute.

Yet, would this mean attempting to define truth through the conditioned intellect of any individual? For instance, political truth, business truth, mathematical truth, other truth etc etc. This is a futile pursuit as all the interpretations of truth is bound to be conditioned and hence bound to differ from person to person and even personally change with time through changes in one's conditioning. To seek Truth is to lose ALL the labels.

This brand of Truth is to be experientially understood, not intellectually defined and comprehended as that would be as futile as a dog trying to catch its own tail. That was why I said earlier that the source is okay, the channel is the problem.

IMHO

1 Like

Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

My apologies for digressing. The task is so funny that between the tool, the tool box, and the tool man, one can't just say who is efficient and who is not.

Lol @ My apologies for digressing. The task is so funny that between the tool, the tool box, and the tool man, one can't just say who is efficient and who is not.

You're super good with dark sayings...You must me Job's re-incarnate... grin
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Yes. In terms of truth as known by the mind through analytical reason. I think probably mathematical truth is about the closest we get to something irrefutable. Once the terms are understood and agreed upon, 2+2=4 is very hard to dispute.

Yet, would this would mean attempting to define truth through the conditioned intellect of any individual? For instance, political truth, business truth, mathematical truth, other truth etc etc. This is a futile pursuit as all the interpretations of truth is bound to be conditioned and hence bound to differ from person to person and even personally change with time through changes in one's conditioning. To seek Truth is to lose ALL the labels.

This brand of Truth is to be experientially understood, not intellectually defined and comprehended as that would be as futile as a dog trying to catch its own tail. That was why I said earlier that the source is okay, the channel is the problem.

IMHO
What can I said again. You nailed it bro
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

I'm enjoying this spot i swear...All of a sudden this thread has removed the desire to quit the forum from my heart..the sweetness from all these posts is just way too much
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I'm enjoying this spot i swear...All of a sudden this thread has removed the desire to quit the forum from my heart..the sweetness from all these posts is just way too much
True. So many knowledge have been poured out here.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

Let's take it phase and talk on issues subject by subject
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

So with constant cultivation and improvisation comes development. This is key to growth, stability and development...Then why is our nation on its knees? What is not started is not developed...what is not started is not mastered....We only perfect what we start

What is wrong with introducing some chaos into society? It's only natural. But it becomes pestilence when the widespread is way too much.

Growth, Stability and Development can be subjective, objective, relative or absolute. What really happened was that somehow we got stuck learning how to bridge all these contradictions into ONE.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

grin

Hehe... Good times grin
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by iyisco2001(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

What is wrong with introducing some chaos into society? It's only natural. But it becomes pestilence when the widespread is way too much.

Growth, Stability and Development can be subjective, objective, relative or absolute. What really happened was that somehow we got stuck learning how to bridge all these contradictions into ONE.

Need I say, couldnt agree more.
No one can master all, we are all supposed to be specialized in different field.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Simply called Chaos
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Simply called Chaos

I'm not sure if I got your drift. Kindly make clear.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

I'm not sure if I got your drift. Kindly make clear.

All of these simply became chaos @ Growth, Stability and Development can be subjective, objective, relative or absolute. What really happened was that somehow we got stuck learning how to bridge all these contradictions into ONE. ..... And finding the way out of complexiites becomes even more chaotic...Simplicity is golden
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
iyisco2001:

A man who has a house in Ibadan, living life free of traffic, has a fair job, has family, compared to a man who is in lagos, 1/4 of his days are spent in traffic and doesnt even know what his family is like. Who is more happy?

Everything about the human experience is perspective. Sometimes people have everything and they are still sad. Some people don't have much but actively seek happiness in what they do have. Didn't get the rest of your post ooh
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
iyisco2001:
you guys come dey talk of deactivating.
Abeg.
Mind you, I am not an advocate of poverty, lol.
A complex system : A complex system is any system featuring a large number of interacting components (agents, processes, etc.)
whose aggregate activity is nonlinear (not derivable from the summations of the activity of individual components) and typically exhibits hierarchical self-organization under selective pressures.
I always say happiness is a factor of illusion of your mind.
A man who has a house in Ibadan, living life free of traffic, has a fair job, has family, compared to a man who is in lagos, 1/4 of his days are spent in traffic and doesnt even know what his family is like.
Who is more happy?

We evidently have a club of sounded-minded individuals here.. My eyes are teary...

Lol @ A man who has a house in Ibadan, living life free of traffic, has a fair job, has family, compared to a man who is in lagos, 1/4 of his days are spent in traffic and doesnt even know what his family is like.

Trust me, the man that stays in Sambisa and is self-sufficient, is better than the guy in the metropol that spends half his day in traffic and half of his salary on transportation cost. Excellent point bro
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Everything about the human experience is perspective. Sometimes people have everything and they are still sad. Some people don't have much but actively seek happiness in what they do have. Didn't get the rest of your post ooh

Lol @ Sometimes people have everything and they are still sad., this is the worst thing that can happen in life. That a man can work but not eat from his labour...What is sweetness, that we can work and eat from our labor and be satisfied from our hardwork. This is the definition of a rich man to me.. Any other definition of a rich man is highly welcome.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrphysics:

What are your thoughts on simplicity brov ?
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by iyisco2001(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
livingseed:

Na livingseed, e go germinate grin
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Aeker: 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrphysics:

Good afternoon, oga boss. Wanted to inform you that I'm available for writing projects. I could drop my contact details if required.

Thanks.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by mrphysics(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
Aeker:

Good afternoon, oga boss. Wanted to inform you that I'm available for writing projects. I could drop my contact details if required.

Thanks.
No problem bro. I will soon have one
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Aeker: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrphysics:

Alright, sir. I'll be expecting your mention.

Thank you.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2017
mrphysics:

I'm back. Let's bring the life back to this thread...Let's discuss
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
livingseed:

Yet, would this mean attempting to define truth through the conditioned intellect of any individual? For instance, political truth, business truth, mathematical truth, other truth etc etc. This is a futile pursuit as all the interpretations of truth is bound to be conditioned and hence bound to differ from person to person and even personally change with time through changes in one's conditioning. To seek Truth is to lose ALL the labels.

IMHO

That is why I don't take arguments about the existence or non-existence of God seriously. These things cannot be proven or disproven satisfactorily. One will believe or disbelieve based on his experience in life. Life is largely subjective.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Life is largely subjective.

Sure. Multiple sources of individual subjective and objective experience/evidence should converge to strong conclusions of what life truly should be.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I'm back. Let's bring the life back to this thread...Let's discuss

grin Where ya been
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
livingseed:

grin Where ya been

Forced into a state of deep internal reflection..Lots of people have been edifying me online on a few bothering issues. I've been dealing with some internal problems i left to linger that has caused me significant damages. I.e depression
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Forced into a state of deep internal reflection..Lots of people have been edifying me online on a few bothering issues. I've been dealing with some internal problems i left to linger that has caused me significant damages. I.e depression

Cheer up dude. It's very easy to get confused online ooh. But anyway, What could be depression "might" be a rising awareness or awakening inside. It only partially represent reality and besides you have the courage to acknowledge IT and will not make yourself believe the opposite just to feel good like others.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
livingseed:

Cheer up dude. It's very easy to get confused online ooh. But anyway, What could said to be depression "might" be a rising awareness or awakening inside. It only partially represent reality and besides you have the courage to acknowledge IT and will not make yourself believe the opposite just to feel good like others.

I agree with you @ awareness or awakening inside..Anyway, issues in the past i left to linger for too long.It's time to kill this beast so i don't remain contaminated..
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I agree with you @ awareness or awakening inside..Anyway, issues in the past i left to linger for too long.It's time to kill this beast so i don't remain contaminated..

Are you afraid of death or killing the beast? Better give the beast the most painful death possible so you can reclaim your peace and comfort.
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
livingseed:

Are you afraid of death or killing the beast? Better give the beast the most painful death possible so you can reclaim your peace and comfort.

Nah, i've faced many trying challenges...The beast is stripping me of priced relationships, that's what's eating me up, i need to deal with it once and for all...Searching for more answers, imbibed the ones i have been supplied with though
Re: Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy by livingseed: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:
Nah, i've faced many trying challenges...The beast is stripping me of priced relationships, that's what's eating me up, i need to deal with it once and for all...Searching for more answers, imbibed the ones i have been supplied with though

Well, I hope everything is alright now. Sounds like a complicated situation. By all means one need to keep learning how the universe really work, what the probabilities are, but recognise that it is statistical and that does mean not always predictably consistent.

The odds CAN be improved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The Rampant Cases Of Divorce? Married Folks Please Share Your Experience. / BEING PREGNANT: Ladies/guys What Do You Miss Most About Your Body/wife. / Help-how Do I Tell My Daughter That The Man She Calls Daddy Is Her Stepfather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.