Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? (1954 Views)

Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? / What People Do Not Know About Ogbanje: Question People Ask / Kenyan Woman Exposes Her Teacher Husband & The Student He Is Sleeping With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by chatinent: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
People ask: is sleeping with a drunk person considered rape?
#

If your partner is so drunk that she/he cannot consent to having sex (completely passed out, for example), then having sex with this person is rape. A borderline case is if the person is incapacitated but not passed out (slurring speech, unable to walk straight, possibly impaired to the point that they will have trouble remembering what happened the next day). In some countries, having sex with such a person could be considered rape if this person accuses you of rape afterwards. Keep in mind that if someone does not remember giving consent to sex, this person may genuinely believe that he/she was raped. Use your best judgment - do not take advantage of someone who is drunk.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=24&t=440
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by muller101(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
That's kindergarten rape.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Blackhawk01: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2017
Yes!

1 Like

Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hard to say, since I don't drink
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by chatinent: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
muller101:
That's kindergarten rape.
And which is tertiary?
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by chatinent: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Rocktation, farano, lalasticlala
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by latexxbro(m): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
But if she she gets drunk with mymoney then it isn't rape... she will understand..
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by crunchyDope(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
huh not if u re on the same level of high grin

i think
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Apparently, someone who is slurring their words, stumbling and incoherent, is too drunk to consent to sex. What if both parties are wasted, not a little tipsy but dead drunk and they do the deed. Is that consensual or sexual assault?
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by chatinent: 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
Apparently, someone who is slurring their words, stumbling and incoherent, is too drunk to consent to sex. What if both parties are wasted, not a little tipsy but dead drunk and they do the deed. Is that consensual or sexual assault?
It is sexual abuse, punishable by law. Both of them should be flogged.

1 Like

Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Drunk person or drunk woman, only a woman can be raped legally a man can't be raped legally here only sexually assaulted, and yes its rape if there's no consent, if a woman feels you raped her then its rape, especially if its during the act, or after giving consent earlier, the law would be inclined to believe a woman's claim of rape first before anything in the western world.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Nobody: 4:16am On Oct 15, 2017
pcguru1:
Drunk person or drunk woman, only a woman can be raped legally a man can't be raped legally here only sexually assaulted, and yes its rape if there's no consent, if a woman feels you raped her then its rape, especially if its during the act, or after giving consent earlier, the law would be inclined to believe a woman's claim of rape first before anything in the western world.

Lol actually remi a man can be raped legally, in 2015 A bill was signed into law called the violence against person prohibition act(vappa), In sec 1(1) a person is said to have committed the offence of rape if

A. If he/she intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another PERSON(could be male or female) with any part of his or her body or anything else.

It therefore means that the law recognises rape against a male.

,http://www.lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/Violation-Against-Persons-(Prohibition)-Act,-2015.html

2. Yes immediately consent is withdrawn and you fail to stop the act of sex, it is rape. for example if you are having sex with a woman and you are about to ejaculate and she says stop but you chose to continue you've raped her not minding that consent was earlier given.

3. A drunk person cannot give consent to sex, so it's rape.

3. Now however if 2 drunk individuals have sex, it will not be considered as rape.

we will talk more about this if fate throws our path together once again and we get to have any legal discussions. I hope I didn't make any mistake in this summary.

p.s I don't like telling guys that they can be raped so I rarely ever mention this to them, I think a lot of people are more comfortable with the term sexually assaulted than rape, because using the word rape tends to emasculate a guy so they just leave rape for the women (considered the weaker sex, I'm a feminist tho so I don't believe in the weaker sex nonsense talk) and use the word sexually assaulted for the men but rape and sexual assault are different.

In other news the new gintama arc is just awesome and fvckingly funny.

1 Like

Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Daeylar(f): 5:26am On Oct 15, 2017
It's rape
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Chidonc(m): 5:47am On Oct 15, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
they will both sleep off, u cant be dead drunk and engage in sexual activities, cause u will pass out.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Evaberry:

Lol actually remi a man can be raped legally, in 2015 A bill was signed into law called the violence against person prohibition act(vappa), In sec 1(1) a person is said to have committed the offence of rape if

A. If he/she intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another PERSON(could be male or female) with any part of his or her body or anything else.

It therefore means that the law recognises rape against a male.

,http://www.lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/Violation-Against-Persons-(Prohibition)-Act,-2015.html

2. Yes immediately consent is withdrawn and you fail to stop the act of sex, it is rape. for example if you are having sex with a woman and you are about to ejaculate and she says stop but you chose to continue you've raped her not minding that consent was earlier given.

3. A drunk person cannot give consent to sex, so it's rape.

3. Now however if 2 drunk individuals have sex, it will not be considered as rape.

we will talk more about this if fate throws our path together once again and we get to have any legal discussions. I hope I didn't make any mistake in this summary.

p.s I don't like telling guys that they can be raped so I rarely ever mention this to them, I think a lot of people are more comfortable with the term sexually assaulted than rape, because using the word rape tends to emasculate a guy so they just leave rape for the women (considered the weaker sex, I'm a feminist tho so I don't believe in the weaker sex nonsense talk) and use the word sexually assaulted for the men but rape and sexual assault are different.

In other news the new gintama arc is just awesome and fvckingly funny.

Wow thanks dear, I will update my knowledge to this, and it means I have to catch up even still behind in Gintama and they are are making more. smiley
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2017
Chidonc:

they will both sleep off, u cant be dead drunk and engage in sexual activities, cause u will pass out.
Oops! That was a wrong choice of word.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2017
chatinent:

It is sexual abuse, punishable by law. Both of them should be flogged.
Punishable under which section of the criminal code act?
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2017
Yes it is cos you did it without their consent.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
What are you? a lawyer?
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by chatinent: 8:23am On Oct 15, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
Karma's code act and the Chatinenth commandments.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Lalas247(f): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2017
if it's without consent

its Rape ... also if she isn't in the right frame of mind yes! a guy got arrested he raped a girl when sue was drunk she didn't even know what happened till the next day when she realised she lost her virginity ..

the guy is in prison undecided maybe in naija they will overlook it if she is drunk but in other parts saying she was drunk is even worse ... ..
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Sheenor: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2017
Oga no need for long write up it's rape!
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by chatinent: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2017
Lalas247:
if it's without consent

its Rape ... also if she isn't in the right frame of mind yes! a guy got arrested he raped a girl when sue was drunk she didn't even know what happened till the next day when she realised she lost her virginity ..

the guy is in prison undecided maybe in naija they will overlook it if she is drunk but in other parts saying she was drunk is even worse ... ..
Dear loveliest, you have bountiful points.
Re: People Ask: Is Sleeping With A Drunk Person Considered Rape? by Kobicove(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2017
Having sex with someone who's dead drunk is borderline rape undecided

(1) (Reply)

Lady Shares Pictures Of Furnished Apartment Her Sugar Daddy Got For Her (pics) / Viewer's Discretion(association Of Side Chicks Learn Oo) / Igbo Men Will Use Those Sex Dolls For Rituals So I'm Not Bordered–facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.