Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

58year Old Woman Marries 27year Old Lady To Bear Children For Her Late Son - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 58year Old Woman Marries 27year Old Lady To Bear Children For Her Late Son (536 Views)

Woman Marries And Has A Daughter With A Severely Disabled Husband / See Reactions Of Arab Men As Arab Woman Marries A Black Man From Sudan / Nigerian Woman Marries Her Only Boyfriend Years After She Asked God For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

58year Old Woman Marries 27year Old Lady To Bear Children For Her Late Son by Kinqkennedy1214: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
Mary Torkwase Antom, A retiree, 58, from Tse Baraku in Benue State, took a bold step to immortalize her late husband and late son’s names by marrying a 27-year-old lady.

She and her husband, Patrick, a retiree of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, were blessed with only one child, Thomas Awuhe, who died in 2004 while he was just in SS2. A year later, her husband also died.

So she made the move to secure not only the family name but also its property. A friend later told her about a pretty young unmarried lady, Juliet Muese, who was on the verge of being disowned by her parents over her inability to identify the person responsible for her pregnancy

Mrs. Antom then sought Juliet’s hand in marriage for her dead son, in keeping with Tiv tradition. The parents of Juliet also readily agreed. “What I did is a well-known practice in our place and culture,” she said in defence.

“There are a lot of children, almost 18% of them born after their father’s death. These children answer their father’s name.” The marriage that took place in 2007, has produced two boys with the third child on the way.

“Juliet is comfortable answering my son’s name. She wrote JAMB and I’m processing her admission to the Federal University, Lafia,” she said,

On her part, Juliet says: “I have no problem, in fact I’m doing better than those who got married to living husbands. Hajia is planning to buy a car for me next year if I secure a university admission.

As you can see, I’m looking sweet and people toast me a lot, but I shun them. At the moment, I have a boyfriend who is a student at the state university, Keffi. My second son’s biological father who is a student at Keffi is married.

He is equally responsible for this very one l’m carrying, but he cannot come and claim them. So, there is no problem. I’m good to go.”

The village head in Doma LGA, Chief Angbande Hue, said what happened is a known tradition among his people, adding that the tradition was very rampant in the 60s.

SOURCE: http://vokogists..com/2017/10/58-year-old-woman-marries-a-27-year-old-lady-for-her-late-son.html

Re: 58year Old Woman Marries 27year Old Lady To Bear Children For Her Late Son by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2017
What a world.so such tradition still exist.
Re: 58year Old Woman Marries 27year Old Lady To Bear Children For Her Late Son by IamSINZ(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
rebirthforgoody:
What a world.so such tradition still exist.

Yes, happens in my hometown till date!
Re: 58year Old Woman Marries 27year Old Lady To Bear Children For Her Late Son by mofeoluwadassah: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
so what will dey be doing together.....abi which kind tradition be this one

(1) (Reply)

Does God Choose Spouse For Man Or Every Man For Himself? / Why Dies This Happen In Most Pentecostal Churches? ? / How Old Is Too Old To Have A Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.