Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. (2388 Views)

Wedding Pictures Of Nairaland's Mrofficer / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Well I joined 2017.She may be right.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by hanassholesolo: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
Connect the dot using Nigerian's Economy as a referrence for those dates you listed and you'll find more patterns.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by IamSINZ(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Sholaqe:
so you agree with my friend?

Whole heartedly. Anyone who thinks/says otherwise is either being economical with the truth (for obvious reasons) or he/she hasn't been here long enough.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by egopersonified(f): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2017
True, but the question you should ask your self is, what does seun want to achieve with nairaland? I have an account I registered in 2007, but started taking nairaland seriously about three years ago. I always check how many people were online in the last five minutes, noticed that in 2014, it was always 5000 but in 2017 it's 10000 but has dropped to 9000 in the last few months. So if seun s goal is to drive traffic and not content(quantity over quality) he is actually succeeding at it.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by jaxxy(m): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sholaqe:
so you agree with my friend?

She is 75% correct!

Most of them are Trolls and Tribalist.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by dahreyM: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol. "my friend" most used facade. Anyways, whoever is far from the truth. Forgot to add, 98% of male nlders are hypocrites.

that same per cent of females are whores. you wey dey go ashewo beer parlour. them don fvck you for therecheesy.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
dahreyM:

that same per cent of females are whores. you wey dey go ashewo beer parlour. them don fvck you for therecheesy.
I know right? kiss
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
So I was talking with a friend about nairaland and she revealed to me that she was an active nairalander back in the day. She has refused to reveal her username though. When I asked her why she isnt active anymore she said she didn't like the way the forum has evolved, that the forum has grown too immature for her. When I asked her to explain further this was exactly what she said word for word.

2005 - 2008 - Nairaland's active members were Nigerians who lived in the diaspora and their were lots of intelligent, honest & mature conversations, and these conversations were geared towards hooking up and making friends.

2009 - 2012 - Nairaland's active members were mature single and married people in their late 20s and 30s. This was when Nairaland became a family. Lots of useful networking & lasting friendships were formed.

2013 - 2015 - Nairaland's active members were youths in the universities mostly late teens and early twenties. According to her this was the time Nairaland content started decreasing in quality and childish & vain behavior was now rampant. She also said lots of mature users who were active before started becoming inactive during this period.

2016 till date - Nairaland's active members are Jambites, teenagers and unserious undergraduates. The mature minds have been pushed to family and politics section and content is at it's lowest low

What do you think about my friend's analysis lol. Is she correct?

Lived through it all. You're spot on with your analysis; except that there are many immature minds in the politics section too. NL has lost a lot of value. The topics now are just "blah". Back in the day, intellectual discourses were the modus vivendi; now it's just graphic pictures, snakes and gossip. And I fear it might be an indicator of where the African youth has his/her azimuth facing. Oh Lord, No! sad
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Apina(m): 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol. "my friend" most used facade. Anyways, whoever is far from the truth. Forgot to add, 98% of male nlders are hypocrites.
The cost of buying Brighter grammar is but a minute fraction compared to that u spend in making ur hair undecided

I don't know how many male nairalanders have dipped their hands into ur honey, don't u think 98% is way overboard undecided
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by chiraqDemon(m): 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
Forgot to add the feminists and men are scum gang
Late 2016 till date
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by chiraqDemon(m): 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
HauteReel:

Lived through it all. You're spot on with your analysis; except that there are many immature minds in the politics section too. NL has lost a lot of value. The topics now are just "blah". Back in the day, intellectual discourses were the modus vivendi; now it's just graphic pictures, snakes and gossip. And I fear it might be an indicator of where the African youth has his/her azimuth facing. Oh Lord, No! sad
Uno back in 2005 phones were things only the rich (and by extension mature) could afford. Since tecno and infinix came, nairaland has not remained the same
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by mediocre(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Very correct. I joined in late 2011, was fun.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by mediocre(m): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
makydebbie:
I know right? kiss
Hi. You got me banned , you called that bïtch nígga moderator and he slammed me with a long äss ban. Hope it made you feel better? If not then it'd have been a waste. undecided
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by mediocre(m): 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
Analice107 hope you're happy too? How's your bïtch nigga moderator boyfriend ? Does he still try to insert his dïck into his mangina? Pls tell him to always use a condom
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by mediocre(m): 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oh and fyi, someone did send me a message claiming to be you. Why would I make such a thing up, I don't even know you. We have never even interacted before, what would you say my motive was hmm?

Your bïtch nigga bf was too high on püssy fluid to know that he had to confirm the authenticity of my claims before banning a nigga.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
makydebbie:
I know right? kiss
you deserve to be Miss Nairaland you know
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by jaksmillioniar: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Piiko:
guy I respect u but dont say dat rubbish agains
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
Isn't she beautiful, check she's always consistent changing her dp and all of her photos are attractive mate
jaksmillioniar:
guy I respect u but dont say dat rubbish agains
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Oyindidi(f): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Piiko:
Isn't she beautiful, check she's always consistent changing her dp and all of her photos are attractive mate
She is beautiful, don't mind Jake the blogger
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by jaksmillioniar: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Piiko:
she can go to hell dis a naija rums not ghana
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Oyindidi(f): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
she can go to hell dis a naija rums not ghana
Leave my baby alone
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by jaksmillioniar: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Oyindidi:
She is beautiful, don't mind Jake the blogger
I dont care dats her cup of tea
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Oyindidi(f): 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
I dont care dats her cup of tea
You see why them dey insult you? She may be offended by that post.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lol, deserve?
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by makydebbie(f): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
mediocre:
Hi. You got me banned , you called that bïtch nígga moderator and he slammed me with a long äss ban. Hope it made you feel better? If not then it'd have been a waste. undecided
What you did was very wrong. It was trolling and I had to tell the mod to take it down. Besides, that was childish.
Yea I feel better knowing you got banned, sugar.
Re: The Evolution Of Nairaland According To A Friend. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
kay29000:
She missed out the part when Nairaland became a haven for tribalists. That started around 2015.
True.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When A Lady Tells A Guy... / Stop Demanding For Sex Up And Down From Ladies / Every Man On Earth Needs To Be Tortured To Death - Angry Woman Posts On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.