Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? (23955 Views)

Why Are There So Many Christian Denominations? / Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / Why Many Christian will miss Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Obiwiz(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post
I stand with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by toolovely(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
I discovered that many Youth go to clubs from Friday night till Sunday morning, parting, drinking and fornicating heavily. Yet on Sundays; many of them are our choirs, ushers, protocols and Sunday school Teachers. Should this be so; Many of us are so embedded with the World forgeting 1 John 2:14-16

Because the present day pastors have told them that they live in the era of grace. So they can continue in that way of life. Come to church on Sunday and confess and their sins are forgiven.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by AntiWailer: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
holatin:
hahahahaha mehn you people are so funny, y not open koboland and make Christian on the forum have a creed too. joblessness is really a disease, if you ve something doing with your life you wount take someone else forum policy to the heart like a fanatic.

got ban for a year on this forum for a small offence and the world no end, so gather people go aso rock, if he no wan put creed for xtian forum, nothing I repeat nothing go sele.

get a life dude. God only God can defend himself

My life is ur dream life. I wish u have a preview.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by seangy4konji: 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lol
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Jimmy231: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
I discovered that many Youth go to clubs from Friday night till Sunday morning, parting, drinking and fornicating heavily. Yet on Sundays; many of them are our choirs, ushers, protocols and Sunday school Teachers. Should this be so; Many of us are so embedded with the World forgeting 1 John 2:14-16
Tell them they are deceiving thereself we do those thing too everyday that is why we stop going to church
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
kristen12:

TBH, I've not really seen broken "christian" homes, the ones I've seen are situations where a christian marries a muslim and vice versa.
TBH, you're being evasive. Your being impliedly dishonest has done more harm to this discuss from the start. I'm considering asking the location of the cave you've been hibernating, to not have at least heard,if not seen,numerous cases that go on around the news, talk less our faces on a daily.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Chachangi: 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Let's call a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement.

They are not Christians.

They party (I believe you mean gathering of unbelievers singing worldly songs, dancing,smoking, frolicking with partners they are not married to etc). This is not something one FALLS into you go into it EYES WIDE OPEN.

They drink. You rarely fall into drinking you go into it intentionally. E.g Tagbo wasn't forced into drinking with Davido , I think. They probably don't drink but the move with "drinkers".

They have sex. I believe you mean with people they are not married to. And I believe you mean that they do it regularly. You don't FALL into something you do regularly. It's a practice .

He that practises sin is a sinner not a CHRISTIAN.

We have bastardised this name "CHRISTIAN". It means to be Christ like. Wow! Christ. Will Christ fall into partying , fornication and drinking?

I'm not saying any sin is greater than the other but Paul said SOME SINS should not even be MENTIONED among those who call themselves Christians.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by femi4: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
Many of them are not grounded. They are full of religious activities but not transformed. Stop calling them Christians
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Viergeachar: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
hisgrace090:
They were growing.
No little child can match a full blown man.

The day they accept Christ they were born again as babies who takes milk only not real food.

Nevertheless they will mature one day by His grace.

Are you a member of Christ Embassy
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by segunojo866: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
holatin:
hahahahaha mehn you people are so funny, y not open koboland and make Christian on the forum have a creed too. joblessness is really a disease, if you ve something doing with your life you wount take someone else forum policy to the heart like a fanatic.

got ban for a year on this forum for a small offence and the world no end, so gather people go aso rock, if he no wan put creed for xtian forum, nothing I repeat nothing go sele.

get a life dude. God only God can defend himself
Atheist,christains and muslims are really jobless on nairaland grin
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by kristen12(f): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
TimeMod3:
TBH, you're being evasive. Your being impliedly dishonest has done more harm to this discuss from the start. I'm considering asking the location of the cave you've been hibernating, to not have at least heard,if not seen,numerous cases that go on around the news, talk less our faces on a daily.

Evasive? Dishonest? Really There are christians as per religion, and there are christians as per way of life. I guessed (my bad) you were referring to christians (the second one). I never said they don't have issues, they do, all marriages do. But divorce amongst them Its not common.

Maybe you should stop taking it personal and stop the insults too. Not like I care tho.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by segunojo866: 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
Viergeachar:

Are you a member of Christ Embassy
all these Christians self
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Viergeachar: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
Chachangi:
Let's call a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement.

They are not Christians.

They party (I believe you mean gathering of unbelievers singing worldly songs, dancing,smoking, frolicking with partners they are not married to etc). This is not something one FALLS into you go into it EYES WIDE OPEN.

They drink. You rarely fall into drinking you go into it intentionally. E.g Tagbo wasn't forced into drinking with Davido , I think. They probably don't drink but the move with "drinkers".

They have sex. I believe you mean with people they are not married to. And I believe you mean that they do it regularly. You don't FALL into something you do regularly. It's a practice .

He that practises sin is a sinner not a CHRISTIAN.

We have bastardised this name "CHRISTIAN". It means to be Christ like. Wow! Christ. Will Christ fall into partying , fornication and drinking?

I'm not saying any sin is greater than the other but Paul said SOME SINS should not even be MENTIONED among those who call themselves Christians.

It is well

You are right!

Many youth-oriented churches like Christ Embassy pamper their youths and don't caution them against sinning WILLFULLY.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Mouthgag: 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
sinaj:
Are christian youths the only youths guilty of living a double standard life
guilty conscience.... Hell...
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Mouthgag: 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
coolestchris:
ok
so many hopeless youths in this country... Smh
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Captain001(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
hisgrace090:
They were growing.
No little child can match a full blown man.

The day they accept Christ they were born again as babies who takes milk only not real food.

Nevertheless they will mature one day by His grace.

Someone who has given his/her life to Christ goes to the club?
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by holatin(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
segunojo866:
Atheist,christains and muslims are really jobless on nairaland grin
hahahahaha
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by holatin(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

My life is ur dream life. I wish u have a preview.
can you now get down on your kneel and kiss my black razz
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by lyntiffany(f): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thekillingjoke:

People like u are the problem we have in xtianty

his a muslim
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Bgetto: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bc Jesus put to dead on the cross for the sin of humanity. According to teaching of the church what do u expect
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
kristen12:

Evasive? Dishonest? Really There are christians as per religion, and there are christians as per way of life. I guessed (my bad) you were referring to christians (the second one). I never said they don't have issues, they do, all marriages do. But divorce amongst them Its not common.

Maybe you should stop taking it personal and stop the insults too. Not like I care tho.
Don't you just love this!. What else could be more confusing than religion?
Mummy G.O, kindly inform us which class of the categorisation could aptly decscibe the likes of the two pastor chris( as a top case study among many others)
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by OCTAVO: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
GOD bless you for this topic sir.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Zinny25(f): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
It's because they have not surrendered totally to the standards of God. Still trying to feel accepted in the world instead of looking unto Jesus

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post

Thats the double standard we are talking about. I was literally shocked the day l encouterd that stupid caveat.
What is the meaning of that stupid condition. It means you must be a muslim to comment on a muslim post, while any dick and harry can post on a xtain post.
I am so disappointed in Seun Osewa. I held him in high esteem until l saw he is a two-faced bigot.
So much for bn a liberal and an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by virtuedagirl(f): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
kristen12:
Because they are christian youths by mouth and some of them are forced to live that christian lifestyle by their parents or relations. That's why on Sundays they carry their big bibles and sit in front of the church and on Friday they are in the clubs drinking their kidneys/ livers out and twerking their butts.

If one experiences God, those thing fizzle off themselves. One won't even find his or herself doing such things.
So true, the day the have an encounter with Jesus the difference will definitely show and the begin to live as children of light no longer enticed by worldly pleasures.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by kristen12(f): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
TimeMod3:
Don't you just love this!. What else could be more confusing than religion?
Mummy G.O, kindly inform us which class of the categorisation could aptly decscibe the likes of the two pastor chris( as a top case study among many others)

Because it's confusing to you doesn't means it confuses others too. I don't think I'll like to disect any pastor to you and explain their way of life cos its really not my business.
PS the christian race is a personal journey with ones maker and honestly, no one owes anybody an explanation on how they decide to live their life.

Have a nice day.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Ijoni: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
The reason behind this is not far fetch. Their pastors and daddy GOs who are suppose to guide them and feed them with the true word of God place their focus on earthly things, prosperity in addition to also living double standard lives themselves. Christianity have so degenerated to the extent that people have loose focus of the primary thing which is heaven and this starts from the preachers. People that are not born again, who don't have any life transforming experience with God are engaged as choristers, ushers, sunday school teacher and even pastors in our modern churches.
The work inn the church is the work of God and it should be undertaken by those who are genuinely children of the kingdom. Those who are genuinely born again with true evidence of rightful christian living. So you cannot give what you did not have. The problem of man with God start from the heart. The bible states in Jeremiah 17: 9 "The heart of man is deceitful above all thing and desperately wicked, who can know it". So until one engage God and properly pray his way to victory over sin and flesh, he or she will merely be struggling with sin and living of pretencious and double standard life.
It should also be noted that functioning as worker in the house of God without having a working relationship and life transforming experiencing with God, amount to wasting of ones time because such work have no reward with God in heaven. Galatians 6: 7, 8 said "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of his flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting"
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
kristen12:

Because it's confusing to you doesn't means it confuses others too. I don't think I'll like to disect any pastor to you and explain their way of life cos its really not my business.
PS the christian race is a personal journey with ones maker and honestly, no one owes anybody an explanation on how they decide to live their life.

Have a nice day.
Lol. Nice day Mummy G.O, you failed to convince a soul. typical!
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by AyamStarch: 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
sinaj:
Are christian youths the only youths guilty of living a double standard life
God bless you for this. It's always very easy to castigate Christians for their shortcomings while little or nothing is said about the other religions. Invariably painting them as sinless, spotless, overly righteous and perfect
I still hate you 'sinaj' however
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by kristen12(f): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
TimeMod3:
Lol. Nice day Mummy G.O, you failed to convince a soul. typical!
I obviously wasn't trying to convince you. Why should I + my moniker is on my post, you should just mention that instead. undecided
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
kristen12:

I obviously wasn't trying to convince you. Why should I + my moniker is on my post, you should just mention that instead. undecided
ok, Mummy G.O, oh my bad! Kristen. Would you mind telling what informed your moniker or do I also have to be on my knees looking for the answer? Lol.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
BRO, JUST BECAUSE YOU CONFESS TO BE A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN...WE HAVE SO MANY UNBELIEVER IN OUR CHURCHES TODAY PROFESSING TO BE A BELIEVER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Refuses To Refund Overpaid Tithe, Sheeple Complains" / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! / Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.