Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? (23970 Views)

Why Are There So Many Christian Denominations? / Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? / Why Many Christian will miss Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by activistjohnny(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
I discovered that many Youth go to clubs from Friday night till Sunday morning, parting, drinking and fornicating heavily. Yet on Sundays; many of them are our choirs, ushers, protocols and Sunday school Teachers. Should this be so; Many of us are so embedded with the World forgeting 1 John 2:14-16
first and foremost they aren't christians. Christians in the bible doesn't fornicate and sleep around in the brothel house. Also christians aren't back biters but lovers of Gospel. Those young lad you saw there aren't christians but sinners that are deceiving themselves. They bible said can we be committing sin and ask for God's grace? God forbid. I pray for them for their salvation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Daeylar(f): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
They are all hypocrites who only carry the bible and preach when it's beneficial then. Throw it away immediately it attempts to condemn something they don't like, that's why whenever any one wants to give me an advice using the bible I immediately ignore
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Daeylar(f): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post

True
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by activistjohnny(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
BiggyB242:

Sad but true. Double standard, especially the chorister will stand on the pulpit to sing and yet where just from their bf's house a night ago.
this is very very sad to read but very true. Even some will be speaking in tongues after committing fornication. Well the bible said each and everyone will stand in the judgment seat of christ and answer series of questions in the judgment day. God will ask them on what they do to their body.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Omooba77: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
OCTAVO:
GOD bless you for this topic sir.
And you too sir.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by kereman1: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
GCFR696:

Even on a Sunday in a christian post you found a way to insult Muslims. Go through all the comments and point out just where a Muslim hauled insult at any one.
And your brethren are angry why you must swear an oath before commenting on a Muslim topic.
This is sad

hw did I insult Muslims?
my illustration is applicable as saying
"Obama is a negro"
its a kwn fact.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by kereman1: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
ebbo:

How do you guys know that Alhajis (Muslim guys) re uncircumcised? Pls confirm from all does ur Christian girls that use to bleep Muslims guys upandan for sexual pleasure or money if they ve ever met or saw an Alhaji (or any Muslim guy) with an uncircumcised dick pls. Thanks.

I guess u are one of those alhaji...
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
Christians are No 1. Hypocrites !!
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by activistjohnny(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
poseidon12:
Well, it's not just the youths. Most Nigerians who claim to be Christians are not Christians. They go to Church in order to fit in and not be perceived as bad people by society. But if you engage in business transactions with them, they would not have any qualms reaping you off.
Monday to Saturday they play music with grouchy sexy lyrics; Sunday morning the same person plays gospel music. I think most Nigerians are still traditionalists when it comes to religion. That is why the average Nigerian is very superstitious, and very unreliable. I don't see any Christians around me.
hmmmmmmmm well christians show love anf not hatred.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by AfonjaConehead: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:
I discovered that many Youth go to clubs from Friday night till Sunday morning, parting, drinking and fornicating heavily. Yet on Sundays; many of them are our choirs, ushers, protocols and Sunday school Teachers. Should this be so; Many of us are so embedded with the World forgeting 1 John 2:14-16

reason why the Christian got a huge task.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by whitestar01(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
hisgrace090:
They were growing.
No little child can match a full blown man.

The day they accept Christ they were born again as babies who takes milk only not real food.

Nevertheless they will mature one day by His grace.
atheist mock christ because of your kind of christian
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by activistjohnny(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
frosbel2:
Christians are No 1. Hypocrites !!
how did you substantiate your claim here. Christians aren't hypocrites. Christians show love to one another and not hatred.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by sinaj(f): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
AyamStarch:

God bless you for this. It's always very easy to castigate Christians for their shortcomings while little or nothing is said about the other religions. Invariably painting them as sinless, spotless, overly righteous and perfect
I still hate you 'sinaj' however
hate me?

Wat i do
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Johfem(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
It is the Bible principle 2 Timothy 3 New International Version (NIV) But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Jagabanmonerry(m): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
pimpchi:
Are they living your life
because u are one of dem.... Moral shld be thought.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Jagabanmonerry(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
tartar9:
All these holier than thou christains.Jesus has paid the price for our sins...BE FREE
Humm! Are u 4 real..
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by MightySparrow: 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:

Like pastor like members.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Milo30(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
2 Timothy 3:1-...
1This know also, that in the
last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers,
disobedient to parents,
unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection,
trucebreakers, false accusers,
incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 <b>Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers
lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. </b>
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of
corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live
godly in Christ Jesus shall
suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy
scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by
inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be
perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

All the non Christians here that are persecuting Christians in the name of Islam, atheism, 'logical' reasoning, etcetera, know it that you are part of it all. For what Christian does not face persecution. St. Paul was a killer of Christians before God called him, and changed him radically. Fellow Christians, don't feel bad when you are 'attacked' for faith's sake. God is our focus, not persecution.

On the topic itself, globalization has blurred out the boundaries of sin. What used to be abominations, that were not even spoken of in our families, are now glorified in our movies and all other forms of entertainment. The impact of movies such as 'Hangover' on global morales go undetected, but in this age, there is a constant supply of demoralizing content everywhere, such as have never been seen in the world before. Hence the increase in practice of a double standard life. But he that holds on to the end shall be saved. If you are suffering from consistent temptation, talk to God about it. You may seem to be getting deeper and deeper, but God is a rewarder of they that diligently seek Him. Even the most righteous falls seven times, but gets back up. "Don't give up on God, 'cos He won't give up on you. He's able!" Peace...
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
If u check my signature I didn't just forge it but it is a raw fact I observed myself over the years. I've caught so many so called Christians (angelic in tones /appearance) in the very act.

Most churches today are mere social gathering without the presence of God or Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit is not in a church that church is not different from the so called clubs.

Who is a Christian and who is a believer?

The latter are those the OP refers to. The day you sin that was the day you died eternally. These are church goers. A Christian cannot sin willfully & the HolySpirit is there to order your steps.

A Christian ( Christlike) is dead to sin the very day he became a born again. Also see John 3:3

I know some Winners Chapel so called youth pastors fornicate anyhow with their members here. If you cannot flee from sexual tension, you are a church goer. These are the kind that tells their members it does not matter, lets do it we can repent later; don't mind those holier than thou; God understands; so so & so character did worst in the Bible & was pardoned, grace has covered us bla bla.

The enjoyment in sin is so sweet that you begin to doubt if hell is real.

Often times you hear of so called Christian die in accident, die of sickness or often sick, gets attacked by armrobbers or kidnappers, & other terrible evil befalling them. Some will even go to church to steal & and people who do not know that you were a deceiver, liar and hypocrites begin saying "Where is their God?". You are doing yourself not God.
I've never seen anyone serve God diligently and not reap the reward.

If you come to me saying you are a Christian I will be more alert because I know how to deal with those that are not. The more reason I don't have a friend in a church I attend. There are more fake Christians out there than traditionalist. Shine your eyes.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by jaxxy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
Omooba77:

Cos the spirit is willing bt the flesh is weak. They want to bt can't untill they get dat help or grace. Its not that easy to leave ur habits. Ur mind must see reason to change and then change. In other biblical words renewed. To say the church is perfect is a fallacy bt church leaders shud hv attained a level of grace or understanding tho.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by freebrowsingtime: 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Double standard.

WHAT about Muslims?
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by gemale(m): 2:28am On Oct 09, 2017
AntiWailer:

Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post
My brother, let it go. The fact that Christian threads are accessible to all means that the Gospel can be spread through this means. How I pray that wholesome messages would be posted & people would be converted through them.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Kasjudy(m): 4:29am On Oct 09, 2017
Omooba77:

Only God knows those who are His.
no my dear, but still, Christians are expected to live exampraly life.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by Omooba77: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2017
Kasjudy:
no my dear, but still, Christians are expected to live exampraly life.

Very True, by their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? by jesutemy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
Truly speaking, even most adult Christians these days find it pretty difficult to cling to the old rugged cross. Only very few will, by grace, make to God's Kingdom for narrow is the way Matt 7:13-14

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Registering With INEC To Vote In 2015 / CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose / The Charade Of The Stephanie Otobo's Confession & Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.