Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. (4690 Views)

Black Cinderella Calls On Kenyan Ashawos To Come & Protect Nigerian Customers / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / Kenyan Lady: “Every Nigerian Is Frustrated And Likes To Shout” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Philtrik(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,
I'm a Kenyan lady in my mid twenties, a lawyer by profession.
Nigeria is one African country I've always had in my travel bucket list and I would love to visit in November.
What is the approximate amount I should have to enjoy a one week visit. What is the standard of living over there?
Which hotels would you recommend so I can check online?
Is it better to visit Abuja or Lagos?
You can book for hotel via hotels.ng .
I'd advise you to visit Abuja because it is a beautiful city and the cost of living is not too high but you should be prepared to pay for what a beautiful city offers. 50 - N100K should be okay for a week because i don't know how you want to spend your stay here.
You can go through a list of hotels here https://hotels.ng/hotels-in-abuja and find the one that tallies with your budget.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Itstyme(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
Womenrep:

Hello, sorry for the late response. After the approval, it will take about 2-3 weeks to get an e-mail from your local embassy with a list of interview requirements. The email may be sent to you, or your fiance, you should both keep checking. After you receive the email, you can schedule an interview appointment and do your medical examination. You will fill a form Ds 160, have 5 passport photographs, birth certificate, police clearance certificate.

Madam, sorry to bother you, I saw your comment on the Immigrant section and I thought I could get an insight from you/someone who has gone through this process I am about to embark on. My spouse is about to file for me as an immigrant to the US, I know cases are different but from your own case, how long did it from the process of submission to the time your application was approved, also time of approval to scheduling of interview ? Thanks as I look forward to read from you.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Cjrane2: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,
Nigeria is one African country I've always had in my travel bucket list and I would love to visit in November.
What is the approximate amount I should have to enjoy a one week visit. What is the standard of living over there?

Everything about travelling to Nigeria and hotel costs is online.
Although you might end up paying slightly less than advertised prices in dollars.

You can visit Abuja, Lagos, Enugu, Calabar, Port Harcourt or Obudu cattle ranch.

Just get on Kenya airways and fly to Lagos, then check into a hotel. Ask the hotel how they can get you a taxi to take you around town to places like Lekki conservation center.

Then the taxi can come pick you to fly to the other mentioned cities. You land there, ask airport taxi to take you to a great hotel. You can also do your own research from Kenya and book hotel reservation in advance but don't pay until you get to the hotel.

Alternatively, you can use Ethiopian airline from Nairobi and fly into Abuja or Enugu via Addis Ababa.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by shakol91(m): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by shakol91(m): 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
chudu:
you can also visit portharcourt
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Danladi7: 8:27am On Nov 19, 2017
Philtrik:

I don't think Port-Harcourt is a suitable place for a foreigner to visit at this time.
By the way,its very overrated!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2017
Itstyme:

Madam, sorry to bother you, I saw your comment on the Immigrant section and I thought I could get an insight from you/someone who has gone through this process I am about to embark on. My spouse is about to file for me as an immigrant to the US, I know cases are different but from your own case, how long did it from the process of submission to the time your application was approved, also time of approval to scheduling of interview ? Thanks as I look forward to read from you.

Hello, sorry for the late response . Mine was a k1 visa, fiance visa that is, we aren't married yet. My fiance filed the petition in March, got the Notice of Application 1 in April. We got the NOA2 after 5 months, first week of September. The application was sent to my local embassy after two weeks, and an email sent to me with a list of required documents for my interview. I scheduled my medical examination appointment, unfortunately the listed medical center in my country handles immigration medical examination for many countries, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRIA, so my medical appointment came like three weeks later. I filed form Ds 160 online and scheduled my interview, again, the earliest available date was like a month and weeks later, that is 28th November(Next week) . The embassy in Nairobi serves most East African contries, so it's always booked. The mistake I did was schedule my interview appointment after medical examination. You can schedule an appointment even before you do the medical examination, to save on time. That is approximately nine months since the first day of filling the petition. It can be 7-8 months.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Itstyme(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
Womenrep:

Hello, sorry for the late response . Mine was a k1 visa, fiance visa that is, we aren't married yet. My fiance filed the petition in March, got the Notice of Application 1 in April. We got the NOA2 after 5 months, first week of September. The application was sent to my local embassy after two weeks, and an email sent to me with a list of required documents for my interview. I scheduled my medical examination appointment, unfortunately the listed medical center in my country handles immigration medical examination for many countries, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRIA, so my medical appointment came like three weeks later. I filed form Ds 160 online and scheduled my interview, again, the earliest available date was like a month and weeks later, that is 28th November(Next week) . The embassy in Nairobi serves most East African contries, so it's always booked. The mistake I did was schedule my interview appointment after medical examination. You can schedule an appointment even before you do the medical examination, to save on time. That is approximately nine months since the first day of filling the petition. It can be 7-8 months.

Oh! Thank you so much for the detailed step by step information. I wish you all the best in your interview.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Itstyme:

Oh! Thank you so much for the detailed step by step information. I wish you all the best in your interview.

Thank you so much, I am hoping for the best. In case of anything feel free to inquire.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Faymike(m): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,

I will like to visit Nairobi ..
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Itstyme(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Womenrep:

Thank you so much, I am hoping for the best. In case of anything feel free to inquire.

Please get back and let me know the outcome of your interview. All the best tomorrow.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 27, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,
hi, are you now in Nigeria or you left already or still planning?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
hi, are you now in Nigeria or you left already or still planning?

Hi, I rescheduled to 8th December. Thank you.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
Itstyme:

Please get back and let me know the outcome of your interview. All the best tomorrow.

Hi, thank you for the well wishes. Visa was approved. I'm waiting for DHL delivery
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
Faymike:

I will like to visit Nairobi ..
You are welcome. Is there anything you'd like to know before your trip?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Itstyme(m): 10:07am On Nov 30, 2017
Womenrep:

Hi, thank you for the well wishes. Visa was approved. I'm waiting for DHL delivery

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Long wait but worth it at the end.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Faymike(m): 6:48am On Dec 01, 2017
Womenrep:

You are welcome. Is there anything you'd like to know before your trip?

Where is the best area for tourist ?
What is the possibility of getting Nigerian food
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
Itstyme:

Absolutely, the long wait was worth it. Thank you. I wish you the best too if you happen to go for it.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 03, 2017
Ishilove:

No matter where you go, DO NOT pass through Iyana-Dopemu/Iyana Ipaja/Cement/Mongoro axis.

I repeat, DON'T pass through the aforementioned otherwise you will fall ill and regret coming to Nigeria.
last bus stop should ikeja
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2017
Faymike:

For tourism I would say Mombasa and Malindi are the best towns, Coastal Region of Kenya.
However, if you want to see animals like most tourists come for, Nakuru and Naivasha are the best places, they are one hour apart...Two hours drive from Nairobi town. You can visit Maasai Mara.
If you want to experience the City life, then Nairobi is the place, I see many Nigerians in Nairobi.
You will get Nigerian food in Nairobi, Mama Ashanti restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Faymike(m): 4:03am On Dec 29, 2017
Womenrep:

For tourism I would say Mombasa and Malindi are the best towns, Coastal Region of Kenya.
However, if you want to see animals like most tourists come for, Nakuru and Naivasha are the best places, they are one hour apart...Two hours drive from Nairobi town. You can visit Maasai Mara.
If you want to experience the City life, then Nairobi is the place, I see many Nigerians in Nairobi.
Thanks a lot
You will get Nigerian food in Nairobi, Mama Ashanti restaurant.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by vizboy(m): 5:27am On Dec 29, 2017
We Can Help You Send Money From Kenya to Nigeria And From Nigeria To Kenya.

Visit : www.mpesapay.com for affordable and cheap rate
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by PhilipGallagher(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Faymike:

You go get nigerian food here, but e cost die. Ordinary garri that i use to take for granted, is so expensive here.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by 4712A6: 2:39am On Mar 30, 2018
def111:
You are welcome. I will advice you chose Lagos for vacation. U can look booking.com to book a hotel... Everything you want to spend depend on you. Do you know someone in Lagos to take you round the city. Do research to see where to visit and interesting things to see

There's also Airbnb in Nigeria too.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by otokx(m): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2018
Did she/they visit in the end?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by santricedupas(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2018
did u later visited
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
4712A6:

There's also Airbnb in Nigeria too.
wow, that's the best option. I had no idea.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
otokx:
Did she/they visit in the end?

She did not. But she's still hopeful. I'm told August is the best period, is it true ?
Someone also told me Nigeria is too hot, the temperatures are too high compared to that of my country. We are at 17 degrees today.
When is the weather a little chilly?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
santricedupas:
did u later visited
Not yet, any more information and guidance ?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
last bus stop should ikeja

Lagos vs Abuja? Which is better for visit? How easy is it to get Nigerian attires, like iro and buba? How is the night life, which club is better to party for a night?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
Itstyme:

Did you go through the process with your spouse? I am already here in the US . I wish you the best too.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
Womenrep:

Not yet, any more information and guidance ?
If you are preety,I can house you for 1week in Lagos and take you around,we can make it a Pre- honey moon before the main honeymoon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) / Do The British Really Like Immigrants ? / Help! How Do I Get To Ikeja From Lekki??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.