Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands (54402 Views)

JUST IN - LIST: 6 Former Nigerian Governors Convicted For Corruption... / Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day / Women In Hijabs Pose With Weapons In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by babadee1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
Muslims should break away and form their own country if they cannot accept and live peacefully in Nigeria as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
Whatever the North and Hausa Fulani people want in terms of changes to legislation to accommodate their religion should be granted and restricted to majority Muslim states in the North

I am sure in time the people of these regions will decide for themselves whether their stringent rules is serving their interest

Just like Saudi Arabia has recently decide to allow their women to drive

What I reject is the status quo where another man's religious and political preferences are dragging me back

3 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by 4gunners(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Are black people cursed? Trying to fathom the cause for our action and reasoning is like looking for needle beneath a mighty ocean.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by odinabest: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
This is d reason we are still where we r today. Will making Fridays a work free day help Nigeria in any way?. Will it make our roads better?, will it make our leaders less kwarupt?, will it make our leaders transparent?. Will it give us steady power?. Will it make naira to dollar rate one dollar to one naira as promised?. Will it make our hospitals standard so DAT we will stop going to London? (Am nt surprise they dnt HV paracetamol in aso rock clinic). Will it stop d agitation all over d country?.
Why do Muslims always agitate for religious reforms??. I think till they understand that Nigeria is not meant for only Muslims DAT we can move on

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by enemyofprogress: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Anywhere these people exist there is always problems and confusion. Stop wasting your time you ain't getting anything

Prophet Mohammed (GPHF) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by BenzEne1(m): 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
hungryboy:
a country with an almost 100% muslim population, Tunisia, just made it legal for a non muslim to marry a muslim woman,
in many muslim countries, drinking and selling of alcohol is legal, in many muslim countries, wearing a hijab is optional.
While many muslim countries are trying to become more secular, our own muslims are trying to be more conservative.
Why should we have sharia law in some States and claim to be one country?
Is it fair that,
I can't drink my beer in Zamfara, without getting arrested by Sharia police?

Tunisia is not operating a sharia law. Go try drinking alcohol in a sharia operating country like Iran. This brings to mind the gender bill proposed by Biodun Olujimi. It was resoundly defeated at both NASS chambers. Nigeria is divided between religious lines. People from a particular religion would always kick against laws that go against their creed. All those throwing insults would have different views on the gay rights act present in the gender bill. The issue of abortion also comes to play. I think laws a really hard to make with our current religious differences. VVF and illetracy is rampart in the north because of the status of the woman in Islam. I'm a muslim and I think its going to be really difficult to get things right. We just have to come to a reasonable understanding. It is really unfair that I can't wear a beard for my International identity. When it is a sin to cut the beards in Islam. Or that my sister is denied a job at a firm just because they don't want her putting on a hijab talk less of a niqab. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by hardbite(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
A combination of Islamic thinking and our Africanism is a dangerous one

Imagine what the man is saying!

Instead of focusing on the relevant stuffs that'll be beneficial to the economic development of the country at large he's here squabbling about holidays...like seriously!

And sharia court?....seriously??... Who even told them that new year is a Christian holiday....or that the court is a Christian thingy?

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Origamist:

"It's on record that the summit could boast of both Christian and Muslim members. Chief Sofola (SAN), leader of the Yoruba Council of Elders, governors Aregbesola, Ajimobi, Amosun, Alhaji Wale Osun, leader of Afenifere Renewal Group, Alhaji Taofeeq Akinwale, one of the resource persons at the summit, are all Muslims."
http://saharareporters.com/2017/09/12/disunited-yoruba-will-stumble-bayo-oluwasanmi

some of the founding members of Afenifere were Muslims: Alhaji Ganiyu Dawodu, Alhaji Abdul Azeez Adeyemo.

Cc :diadem10

Thanks joor. I doubt Oladeebo is even a Yoruba. Even as that northerner, Positivepoint has been masturbating on the topic.

Bunch of backward losers!

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Kimberlydavids(f): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Shinery0123:

But Church marriage certificates are recognized formally where Muslim marriage certificates are not.
Weddings conducted in churches obtain their certificate from the registry so if Muslim's want their certificates to be recognized they should also obtain theirs from the registry

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Egein(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
PointB:

What happens when you become employer of labour yourself? Then you'll ask for rule change?

Employer, not slave-driver. Working smarter - i.e. short, productive dashes of work - produces better output than working long, "forced" hours. Ask the employees of Google and other best-place-to-work staff. Employee, not slave.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by FriendNG: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
zionmade1:

pls next time u quote me dont associate me with ipob, u can call me an Igbo or biafran but not ipob. its a humble correction. Even the mods will want to help me beg u because they know wat my moniker can do

So you no 1 be cal terrorist. Dan na why udey dissociate yourself from ipob.

See chestbeating wetin ur moniker can do?

Anyway nobi u qut Mek I allow u.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
Shinery0123:

Is this one sane at all? The body gave its explanations and they seem logical and u are here saying they want to Islamize Nigeria. So it is acceptable to Christianize Nigeria abi?

What's logical about calling New Year day and Boxing Day Christian holidays? What's logical about developing amnesia and forgetting that each of those Moslem holidays lasts a minimum of two days? What's logical about not knowing that identifications and facial recognition wouldn't work with a hijab on? What's logical about not knowing that the same way my daughter can't go to an Islamic school with her open hair, Moslem girls shouldn't go to secular or Christian schools with hijabs? There's not a single reasonable thing in that list of demands, whomever is behind those ridiculous demands is just exhibiting religious intoxication and lending credence to those who maintain that this country should be balkanized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by PointB: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Egein:

Employer, not slave-driver. Working smarter - i.e. short, productive dashes of work - produces better output than working long, "forced" hours. Ask the employees of Google and other best-place-to-work staff. Employee, not slave.

The google business model doesn't apply in every scenario; it's not a gold standard. Employee can determine what best suit their business model base on their niche, but asking for extra work free day for all and sundry doesn't mean they'll work 'smarter'.

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by rhektor(m): 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
ipoblogic:
One of the reasons we in the IPOB are seeking self determination is that there is no way the Islamic North and Secular East can live together in peace.

But the biggest Islamic school is in the east, Ebonyi state
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Shinery0123:

But Church marriage certificates are recognized formally where Muslim marriage certificates are not.

The church goes to the registry to register and obtain those certificates, I'm sure the mosque can do same, but would they?

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by GODWIN78(m): 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
this is what nnamdi KANU,is saying since, they are gradually coming out,and believe me Nigeria can not be one,the earlier we part ways now the better,
BIAFRA MY COUNTRY, IS HERE IF YOU BELIEVE SHOUT A BIG AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Rolings: 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
hungryboy:
a country with an almost 100% muslim population, Tunisia, just made it legal for a non muslim to marry a muslim woman,
in many muslim countries, drinking and selling of alcohol is legal, in many muslim countries, wearing a hijab is optional.
While many muslim countries are trying to become more secular, our own muslims are trying to be more conservative.
Why should we have sharia law in some States and claim to be one country?
Is it fair that,
I can't drink my beer in Zamfara, without getting arrested by Sharia police?

Your right to drink beer in zamfara ends when it will interfere with the rights of the people of zamfara who are the majority to abolish alcohol..... that is democracy
Whoever told you different states shouldn't have different laws for their people in a federation. While it's legal in some states of the US for gays to marry it's illegal in other states .
The fact is that Christians are scared of losing the control they have over the lives of everyone in Nigeria because even most of our laws are Christian laws
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Bullhari007(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
religion is the curse of Nigeria problem... even on Christmas day people work...

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Desyner: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
PointZerom:

You should have answered Yes or No to obagadaffi question.
Your brain should be able to extract the answer from my first reply you quoted.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Mouthgag: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Desyner:
Òdé
oh they. Mumu

It's

Or there grin
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
There you have it! There's only one solution to this madness. Total seperation of religion and state!!! A STRICT WALL OF SEPERATION must be created between the two.

Each party should shove their religions up their arsholes. Nigeria doesn't belong to Christians and Muslims. So, what happens when ALL traditional religions of each tribe, with their own individual peculiarities, also start demanding for special rights? The state should bend over backwards and indulge them? It is CLEAR AS CRYSTAL what needs to be done.

Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state. We can't have religion jamming its big red, white and blue díck up our country's arsehole and frying us all with the heat produced. Enough, we say, is enough!
Tozara

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
BenzEne1:

Tunisia is not operating a sharia law. Go try drinking alcohol in a sharia operating country like Iran. This brings to mind the gender bill proposed by Biodun Olujimi. It was resoundly defeated at both NASS chambers. Nigeria is divided between religious lines. People from a particular religion would always kick against laws that go against their creed. All those throwing insults would have different views on the gay rights act present in the gender bill. The issue of abortion also comes to play. I think laws a really hard to make with our current religious differences. VVF and illetracy is rampart in the north because of the status of the woman in Islam. I'm a muslim and I think its going to be really difficult to get things right. We just have to come to a reasonable understanding. It is really unfair that I can't wear a beard for my International identity. When it is a sin to cut the beards in Islam. Or that my sister is denied a job at a firm just because they don't want her putting on a hijab talk less of a niqab. May God help us.

There's no governmental jobs that has prevented female muslims from wearing their hijabs. They are free to wear whatever they like.

However, a company owner has every right to decide what his employers wear and do in his company. Anyone that can't abide by such law can go look for another job because he's not the owner of the company.

Seriously, we should be concerned about progressive views, not retrogressive moves in the country. Common sense should dictate that the muslims can obtain marriage certificate from the registry like the christians do, so why disturb our ears? Is anyone stopping the muslims from attending islamic school where every students are required to wear hijabs?

And this problem of sharia laws? What would that law do for us? Has it stopped the Northern country from being ravaged with poverty? Does it bring food to our table, improve our economy, build infrastructures, power plants etc? The funny thing is the rich northerners are above this Sharia law while the poor masses suffer from such laws. For instance, tell me what was done to the northern senator that slept with prostitutes the other day? Did any sharia law have him flogged? As a mater of fact, the Fulanis are above these sharia laws. Only the Hausa are enslaved to such laws and one reason they were able to subjugate the Hausa under them. That should be eye openers for the Muslims in the SW who clamoured for such nonsense!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by YoungDenzel(m): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
When are we going to get our priorities right? una no demand for good road, constant water supply and light you are demanding for Irrelvancies nonsense. Nigeria a country full of madness leaders mad followers crazy as well smh

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Egein(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
PointB:

The google business model doesn't apply in every scenario; it's not a gold standard. Employee can determine what best suit their business model base on their niche, but asking for extra work free day for all and sundry doesn't mean they'll work 'smarter'.
Well, back to your original question to me; yes I'll be a smarter employer. My last job was for a Fortune 500 corporation, and I enjoyed a *40* hour work week. Most productive, most enjoyable job I ever had. Why wouldn't I adopt that model?
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by murmee: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Adiola:
when I talk my Yoruba Muslim brothers will attack themselves ....with the above state ,it should be an eye opener what ll happen to us should this country divide
Can't you see that it is the North that is trying desperately to divide the Yorubas with religion? The North is afraid because the Yorubas are serious about Restructuring. Prof. Ishaq is a Muslim extremist and therefore a good tool for the North to carry out it's agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Desyner: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Mouthgag:
oh they. Mumu
It's
Or there grin
Your own pass mumu e enta Mùmúmù. Grow up dullærd
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Ramaa(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
Religion is a mental illness.......
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Mouthgag: 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Desyner:
Your own pass mumu e enta Mùmúmù. Grow up dullærd
go Bleep yourself
jobless reetard
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Fazemood(m): 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
What amazes me is how they refer new year as a christain day. Well, its obvious you guys are confused

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
I'm so sorry for the vast majority of Muslim in Nigeria and in the North . So this I'd all they want ? No education ? Good health facilities ? Housing ? Irrigation and farming to address the heardmen issue .
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by PointB: 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Egein:

Well, back to your original question to me; yes I'll be a smarter employer. My last job was for a Fortune 500 corporation, and I enjoyed a *40* hour work week. Most productive, most enjoyable job I ever had. Why wouldn't I adopt that model?

That's fine. By all means adapt what's good for you and your company/organisation. But my initial position stands: That's such model is good for your business doesn't mean it's good for mine. Same size doesn't fit all.

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by davibid: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sometimes when I see the way malla.ms reason I can't help but ask myself on which the seven (7) days in particular were Muslims created

Imagine someone soliciting to wear hijab to snap passports grin grin grin grin

So asking someone to remove hijab to take clear picture of the person is now an offense #shame!!!!!!

#WeSayNoToIslamizationOfNigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" / Nigerians Selling El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari, 'You Have Failed' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.