Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,260 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:37 PM

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? (32477 Views)

I Can Never Make It In Life!!! Who Tell You I Can, Is A Liar. / The Single Mother Of 1 I Married Is Actually A Mother Of 4 / Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by YelloweWest: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2017
GratefulHeart23:
It depends on who you're married to. Even after 5 years of marriage with a child, I prefer being single and now that job won't let me be under the same roof with the man I'm married to, I enjoy my freedom and have lots of peace within.
I feel you my sister. I applaud you for taking the right step in removing a destiny destroyer from ur life.

Marriage should not be a do or die affair.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2017
YelloweWest:

She was being a supportive wife. Her husband has a very good job but he also has a serious gambling problem.
He is not God fearing and does not care about the future.

After the marriage she became pregnant. Couldn't continue her business and was using her funds to take care of her self and kids.
Today she is broke!
She has a small job but a 60k salary can do nothing in PH.
The bastard still gambles away his salary.
Despite family planning a third child is on the way.... I just tire.

Reminds me a lot of my stepbrother except he's gambling his life away no job wife too no job and they have 3 kids as one died because of negligence. I feel for your sister. Sorry mehn
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by MissJoy29(f): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2017
ImaIma1:
If you are not happy when single, you cannot be happy when married. Your spouse cannot be your saviour.
True

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by MissJoy29(f): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2017
Tex42:
Being single or married are both special in there own way. Though there are challenges in both, but nothing beats the feeling of being truly loved.

Hope to get married some day, but that will depend on finance and meeting a woman that will make me feel settling down (with her) is really worth the risk.

Exactly! Nothing beats being loved in the right way. And believe me, there should be a difference in the way you love your wife/husband and in the way you love your girlfriend/boyfriend.

Your singlehood is the right time to prepare yourself for marriage.

Marriage should be enjoyable and perhaps more fulfilling than singlehood. But both are equally important.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by YelloweWest: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2017
pcguru1:

Reminds me a lot of my stepbrother except he's gambling his life away no job wife too no job and they have 3 kids as one died because of negligence. I feel for your sister. Sorry mehn
I married young at 18. She became unnecessarily desperate at 25!!! WHO DOES THAT??
I asked her SEVERALLY? Are our destinies the same??
She just was too desperate and married a man within a month of meeting him at 26.

The morning after their wedding, she told me his good morning to her was "welome to suffer".

This is a man who earns over 1m every month at the time!!
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Naijaaccountwiz: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2017
myboy2010:
nothing gives u happiness than making Jesus Christ the lord of ur life
This has to be the best answer so far kiss

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by ImaIma1(f): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2017
yemi1261:
Marriage is sweet when you have a good partner but awful if your spouse is terrible

Very very true. I married a liberal minded, humble man that doesn't hold on too tightly to things that most men hold on to. Very understanding and is open to anything that makes life easy for me. All i have to do is ask and present my reasons.
A lot of men tend to be difficult and stuck in their ways and are unwilling to bend or compromise. And some women's behaviour can make their husbands lives hell.
When you have a good partner,life is good. I cannot say i have lost my freedom because I am still allowed to be me and my life is not stifled.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by McTobe(m): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2017
fav444:

Opportunities threw themselves at me and if I say no I may not be lucky enough to get a second chance. So I took them while they were still hot.
kool dear, again all the best in your pursuit. get it now that you still have the drive and opportunity.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2017
i ve been married 3 times, and here i am looking for the 4th marriage grin grin what's the origin of marriage anyway? who invented marriage? please don't tell me God. because God and Jesus was never married,
is it a must that we should be married? how do you know or sure who to marry?
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Damalex4luv(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2017
fav444:
Marriage reduces the freedom and ability of a woman to attain some height by 80% through pregnancy, child bearing and taking care of her family.
Anyways, good marriage is beautiful and very important.
I would love to get married as soon as my PhD research work reaches 80% completion. I think I can handle it from there.
Let's get married, I want a career woman wink wink
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Tex42(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2017
MissJoy29:

Exactly! Nothing beats being loved in the right way. And believe me, there should be a difference in the way you love your wife/husband and in the way you love your girlfriend/boyfriend.

Your singlehood is the right time to prepare yourself for marriage.

Marriage should be enjoyable and perhaps more fulfilling than singlehood. But both are equally important.
marriage is definitely more fulfilling with the right partner/family. With marriage comes more responsibility, amp tolerance, emotional maturity, in short, marriage will most definitely guide u through the right path of living a 'more purposeful life' .

Imagine a life with a faithful, loving and caring partner, wonderful kids, and the finance to take care of them... For me, nothing can be more fulfilling.

In all, na a God's sent partner and bar na hin pesin need.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by MissJoy29(f): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2017
Tex42:
marriage is definitely more fulfilling with the right partner/family. With marriage comes more responsibility, amp tolerance, emotional maturity, in short, marriage will most definitely guide u through the right path of living a 'more purposeful life' .

Imagine a life with a faithful, loving and caring partner, wonderful kids, and the finance to take care of them... For me, nothing can be more fulfilling.

In all, na a God's sent partner and bar na hin pesin need.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by nikkypearl(f): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2017
gypsey:
i ve been married 3 times, and here i am looking for the 4th marriage grin grin what's the origin of marriage anyway? who invented marriage? please don't tell me God. because God and Jesus was never married,
is it a must that we should be married? how do you know or sure who to marry?
have you considered attending one of the MFM programmes ? tongue

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by COUNSELME: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2017
Being married or single is not a ticket to one's happiness, you may be married now and prefer your life while single or wish you never did because you are not happy or well treated in the marriage. The African society thinks been married is a must and a great achievement but in reality it isn't the case most times as we have witnessed beautiful weddings,great appraisal by couples to one another but end up divorcing at the long run while some marriage bring joy and lasts for a lifetime (marriage is sweet to some and bitter to some).Some singles think being married will make them happy but end up being sad,depressed and prefer their single life,while some singles go into marriage and feel much happier and fulfilled in life. At the end it all depends on the individuals,being happy is a state of mind and achievement of your set goals. YOU CAN CONTACT a professional relationship counselor for free on 092749494 or chat on counselme.ng ,follow our instagram page @counselme, twitter @counselmee

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by fopishow(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2017
Please state your reasons.
Japhet04:
Marriage is nothing but a waste of time, energy and resources.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by delishpot: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2017
Mrkumareze:
Single sweet die, used to have 100% freedom and can embark on any journey without a second thought . But the moment man marries, everything changes, have to limit everything hence making my family and wife a priority.

Works both ways you know. Your wife is also giving up stuff so that YOU and the kids are her priority. You probably have more freedom than her as it stands being that a man can just wake up and travel for 2 weeks on "official duty" while the wife may not have that chance and even if she does, not as often as the man. But I feel I get where you are coming from generally.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 10, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
That means ya husbond is miserable
undecided undecided
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by delishpot: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
o ni laakaye jare omo yii. 2 brim full cups of sepe, one wrap of SK and a dozen bottles of Codeine for you

You dey bless am ABI you want kill am? grin
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2017
ImaIma1:

Very very true. I married a liberal minded, humble man that doesn't hold on too tightly to things that most men hold on to. Very understanding and is open to anything that makes life easy for me. All i have to do is ask and present my reasons.
A lot of men tend to be difficult and stuck in their ways and are unwilling to bend or compromise. And some women's behaviour can make their husbands lives hell.
When you have a good partner,life is good. I cannot say i have lost my freedom because I am still allowed to be me and my life is not stifled.
congratulations. I love your testimony, I wish you well in your marriage. I pray you will experience more joy in Jesus name. Regards to your caring hubby
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
YelloweWest:

I married young at 18. She became unnecessarily desperate at 25!!! WHO DOES THAT??
I asked her SEVERALLY? Are our destinies the same??
She just was too desperate and married a man within a month of meeting him at 26.

The morning after their wedding, she told me his good morning to her was "welome to suffer".

This is a man who earns over 1m every month at the time!!

cry imagine 1m a month, do you know the level of financial freedom I would have had with that or even things I would have been able to resign my job for, wow I truly feel sorry for her. Yeah I think the pressure has a way of driving people into rushing, it's now am feeling myself pressuring myself to settle down as almost all my colleagues have settled down, but like you said all destinies are not the same
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Azeeztaophic(m): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
veekid:
Not single and not married
Meaning what?
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
AnanseK:

For a man having a wife is like having a slave( no insult intended) , you have to house her, feed her, cloth her and you have to bury her if she dies. When you are single you can employ services of women now and then and pay off front. You don't have to house them, feed them or cloth them. You have no responsibility for burying any of them if they die.
interesting
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jrevelation:
For me both is crazy
If you are single you need money to survive

And if you are married you need more money I mean more money

Bro I said it again if you are married you need more and more money because your child future is important, you need more money

If you are on this forum and you are reading this right now you need enough money to secure your child future

You need more money in every aspect of life to survive it all

I know what am saying bro

You need more and more money

Most importantly of it all marriage can't survive without money

If you quote me wrong that hmmmm
grin dude has a point
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by EmpressT(f): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
Same same
MhizzAJ:
Single and happy #Selflove
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Fargbaba: 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
Marriage is fun if you are with right partner

1 Like

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by byvan03: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Hahahahhahahahaha!

You eh!

@OP: you need to be whole in yourself irrespective of your marriage status.

Gbam, a well defined sense of self is important.
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Rozaytee: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
being single atimes can be sweet....but along d line... Wen time to get married reach please marry pop.. lol
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Barzinime(m): 10:49am On Oct 11, 2017
You think you are doing me
Kontinu
MhizzAJ:
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by Barzinime(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
You think you are doing me
Kontinu
MhizzAJ:
h

Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by bigcp(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
i think being single is the best thing that could ever happen to a brother....marriage is a modern cage....and it ain't worth it...these days na women de benefit frm marriage....brothers why do we want to get married ...marriage is so over rated these days. ...stay single and enjoy your life to the fullest...some brother wen jump into marriage are getting outta d cage now...ain't nothing like freedom...with d high rate of divorce these days...why would any sensible man would wanna get caged by d union called married...when ur wife would likely cheat on you with ur best friend or brother....marriage ain't worth it...remain single, you'll live long and happy life...without High Blood Pressure....just get a woman pregnant and pay her off....i don't think we hv much good ladies (wife material) to go round...so 4k marriage...SINGLE LIFE IS THE BOMB....
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by ashjay001(m): 11:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
ImaIma1:

Thank u for understanding ur hubby n appreciating him!?

Some dont just get it!?
Re: Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? by ashjay001(m): 12:08am On Oct 12, 2017
AnanseK:

For a man having a wife is like having a slave( no insult intended) , you have to house her, feed her, cloth her and you have to bury her if she dies. When you are single you can employ services of women now and then and pay off front. You don't have to house them, feed them or cloth them. You have no responsibility for burying any of them if they die.

For d duration of that service, u house them, feed them n probably provide temporary clothing!? Maybe just temporarily, but u still do it!?

Then imagine, being unlucky enough to av one die on u?! Kamari!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) / Woman Seeks Divorce Over Naming Ceremonies Without Rams / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.