Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? (1633 Views)

Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? / Is My Husband Lying To Me- Why Does He Hate Social Media So Much?-pls Advise / Wife Exposes Her Husband's Side Chick's Nude Photos On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Are you a fan of having your pictures uploaded on social medialike Facebook, Nairaland etc? Showing the world that you are about to get married? Posting here and there! You guys laughing, smiling and playing like you two are in Disneyland! An image of two people who are madly inlove?How do you deal with such an issue if you are the type who doesn't like spotlight but getting married to a person who is the opposite? It's a good thing to take pictures for the home albums, yes I would really love that, but having to show everyoneon the planet!!! people i don't even know exist!What is the essence of uploading the pictures online in the first place? I believe ladies are the instigators of these acts. Guys don't have time for such drama, well maybe a few guys. And the reasons are not too farfetche: To be the envy of everyone who views the pictures? To get likes and comments? To be the talk of the town? To read the AWWW!! and OHHHH!!!After that period of let's say 3 or 4 days of continuous bombardment of comments from people (even those you don't know), what next?I have come to realize that most of what we do when it's having to do with wedding preparation has alot to do about what people wouldsay or think rather than what you really want for your event. Some are even turning into a competition? with who exactly? probably someone you know who invited you to their own wedding? Or maybe you have a targeted person/audience who you want to show off to.Painting an expression that all is well is basically the reason for uploading pictures of you and your partner in happy and celebrating mood. The social media is just like a mirror. You willsee a fine reflection but you cannot see what is going on within it. The social media is now a tool to tell the world "my marriage is perfect", "I found my perfect partner" even when it is not the case.Social media lives among couples most times are the opposite of what is really going on in their home, in most case but not all.I rather we use the social media topropagate messages and news. I rather we use the social media to educate ourselves on the right and wrongs in the society. I ratherwe use the social media to fight corruption. I rather we use the social media to tell the world the truth about our country. I rather we use the social media to promote love and unity.I am not a fan of telling the world Iam getting married by uploading beautiful pictures on social media. I really don't see how it concerns you, who are reading this post. My families and friends are those who should even have info about the event.Don't get me wrong, but I am a fan of the social media, most especially Facebook. I can mention benefits I derive from Facebook:1. Meeting old and long forgotten friends again.2. Getting old school songs and videos from groups and meeting fans who are even crazier than me.3. Friend's birthday remembrance.In brief, posting of your pre-wedding photos online shouldnot be for strangers. What is theirbusiness about your marriage to start with? unless you are a celebrity, in which case you won't even be the one to post them online. But if you are not a celebrity, send them to friends and families who would make comments that would come with genuine affection and congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
Are you a fan of having your pictures uploaded on social medialike Facebook, Nairaland etc? Showing the world that you are about to get married? Posting here and there! You guys laughing, smiling and playing like you two are in Disneyland! An image of two people who are madly inlove?How do you deal with such an issue if you are the type who doesn't like spotlight but getting married to a person who is the opposite? It's a good thing to take pictures for the home albums, yes I would really love that, but having to show everyoneon the planet!!! people i don't even know exist!What is the essence of uploading the pictures online in the first place? I believe ladies are the instigators of these acts. Guys don't have time for such drama, well maybe a few guys. And the reasons are not too farfetche: To be the envy of everyone who views the pictures? To get likes and comments? To be the talk of the town? To read the AWWW!! and OHHHH!!!After that period of let's say 3 or 4 days of continuous bombardment of comments from people (even those you don't know), what next?I have come to realize that most of what we do when it's having to do with wedding preparation has alot to do about what people wouldsay or think rather than what you really want for your event. Some are even turning into a competition? with who exactly? probably someone you know who invited you to their own wedding? Or maybe you have a targeted person/audience who you want to show off to.Painting an expression that all is well is basically the reason for uploading pictures of you and your partner in happy and celebrating mood. The social media is just like a mirror. You willsee a fine reflection but you cannot see what is going on within it. The social media is now a tool to tell the world "my marriage is perfect", "I found my perfect partner" even when it is not the case.Social media lives among couples most times are the opposite of what is really going on in their home, in most case but not all.I rather we use the social media topropagate messages and news. I rather we use the social media to educate ourselves on the right and wrongs in the society. I ratherwe use the social media to fight corruption. I rather we use the social media to tell the world the truth about our country. I rather we use the social media to promote love and unity.I am not a fan of telling the world Iam getting married by uploading beautiful pictures on social media. I really don't see how it concerns you, who are reading this post. My families and friends are those who should even have info about the event.Don't get me wrong, but I am a fan of the social media, most especially Facebook. I can mention benefits I derive from Facebook:1. Meeting old and long forgotten friends again.2. Getting old school songs and videos from groups and meeting fans who are even crazier than me.3. Friend's birthday remembrance.In brief, posting of your pre-wedding photos online shouldnot be for strangers. What is theirbusiness about your marriage to start with? unless you are a celebrity, in which case you won't even be the one to post them online. But if you are not a celebrity, send them to friends and families who would make comments that would come with genuine affection and congratulations.
eyinjuege toks2008 cococandy tosyne2much amarabae sleekyshuga refiner myfantasies hibiscus76 skarlett nne5 ayamconfidence dangotesmummy laveda chumzypinky rosalieene ikombe rosieluv sinaj
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Babysnow1: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
NICE POST OP. BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT EVERY MALLAM TO HIM OWN KETTLE. JUST LIKE IF YOU NO WEAR GUCCI YOU NEVER JOIN THE CLIQ. FOR ME I PREFER THE QUITE LIFE THO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Oyindidi(f): 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
grin
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Babysnow1:
NICE POST OP. BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT EVERY MALLAM TO HIM OWN KETTLE. JUST LIKE IF YOU NO WEAR GUCCI YOU NEVER JOIN THE CLIQ. FOR ME I PREFER THE QUITE LIFE THO.
God bless thanks u make sence most girls just want to spend pir money wit rubbish shakara notice me
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 11:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oyindidi:
grin
baby
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
When I decide to get married I will make sure it's an intimate and private ceremony, not everyone has good thoughts for us
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 11, 2017
Cos many people have mistaken marriage for wedding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by elektra(f): 4:37am On Oct 11, 2017
Why do you open threads to wish someone happy birthday? Can't you DM them? Must you make it a public announcement?
You no see the one way you dey do, you dey chuck eye for other people own. Abeg, to each his/her own. If you don't want to see the picture shut your eyes. You just dey drink panadol for non existent headache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Oyindidi(f): 6:22am On Oct 11, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
baby
Nice blog
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by eyinjuege: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2017
Thanks for the mention.
I don't believe in unnecessary exposure.
Most people do it just for attention and showmanship, for others who most often don't give a rat's behind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by ElsonMorali: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2017
Because they need to fill an empty void in their lives and feel relevant...perhaps? Just saying...

When you dont flaunt your progress in life, its difficult for people (read enemies and frenemies) to know where to attack you from.

Nobody gives a sh1t about your happiness. Everybody will feel entertained by your downfall.

Keep it quiet. Keep it real.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by NoToPile: 7:15am On Oct 11, 2017
I personally don't believe in posting photos on social media especially l events like prewedding, wedding , vacations, pregnancy, baby pictures etc etc etc etc.
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Piiko:
When I decide to get married I will make sure it's an intimate and private ceremony, not everyone has good thoughts for us
God bless u guy u are matured.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2017
lalasticlala safarigirl tosyne2much pls put this in front page
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2017
NoToPile:
I personally don't believe in posting photos on social media especially l events like prewedding, wedding , vacations, pregnancy, baby pictures etc etc etc etc.

it rubbish I hate it too many wicked pple u never knw who plan to hurt u
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Because they need to fill an empty void in their lives and feel relevant...perhaps? Just saying...

When you dont flaunt your progress in life, its difficult for people (read enemies and frenemies) to know where to attack you from.

Nobody gives a sh1t about your happiness. Everybody will feel entertained by your downfall.

Keep it quiet. Keep it real.
you make sence guy. wen ur happy u get haters when your down they become happy. av expirince this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2017
elektra:
Why do you open threads to wish someone happy birthday? Can't you DM them? Must you make it a public announcement?
You no see the one way you dey do, you dey chuck eye for other people own. Abeg, to each his/her own. If you don't want to see the picture shut your eyes. You just dey drink panadol for non existent headache.
u better shut up ur mouth efore I get mad at u can u be matured. make ur point witout insult. I put birthday blogs because I care for my friends not a wedding pix were nobody knw u yet u show urself to d world
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2017
eyinjuege:
Thanks for the mention.
I don't believe in unnecessary exposure.
Most people do it just for attention and showmanship, for others who most often don't give a rat's behind
God bless u dear
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2017
geekybabe ishilove yarimo fluxbush ginaz biafrabushboy florblu bibijay123 lawlahdey lsofdk deadrat madgoat lastmumu retiredmumu bitchcrafts traphedges shinarlaura makydebbie ifakiland frankraj lionessza hewrites flexherbal
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2017
I Am Not A Fan Of Takin Pictures... Talkless Of Pre Wedding Photos... If My Woman Wants To Then I might Grant her
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by kullozone(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Oga, give credits to the original writer. You didn't write that stuff up there, because you don't know how to write. I don't know how to write too, but I make use of "comma" and "fullstop" even if I don't use them correctly. But I nor sure say you go recognise comma if you see am sef... You better tag the original writer or post link, before I go vess begin sand you anyha.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by adaeze12345(f): 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
most of the photo shoot are ideas of females we are photocreatures am guilt as charge
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by elektra(f): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
u better shut up ur mouth efore I get mad at u can u be matured. make ur point witout insult. I put birthday blogs because I care for my friends not a wedding pix were nobody knw u yet u show urself to d world

Kindly point out the insult in my post.
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
elektra:

Kindly point out the insult in my post.
dat I drink panadol
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
kullozone:
Oga, give credits to the original writer. You didn't write that stuff up there, because you don't know how to write. I don't know how to write too, but I make use of "comma" and "fullstop" even if I don't use them correctly. But I nor sure say you go recognise comma if you see am sef... You better tag the original writer or post link, before I go vess begin sand you anyha.
u must be crazy
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
pocohantas dacblogger God bless u guys
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by elektra(f): 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
dat I drink panadol

Have you considered investing the time you spend on nairaland in education yourself?

Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2017
elektra:

Have you considered investing the time you spend on nairaland in education yourself?
if u think I will insult u I wont cos am matured than that.dont mention me in ur life again
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by elektra(f): 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
if u think I will insult u I wont cos am matured than that.dont mention me in ur life again
Do your worst.
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by jaksmillioniar: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
elektra:

Do your worst.
u are a kid I let u go.when uve past 30 in age then we talk
Re: Why Are Pre-wedding Photos On Social Media So Common These Days? by dacblogger: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
pocohantas dacblogger God bless u guys

And bless you too.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Young Multi Millionaire Kelvin Makes #340 Million Monthly / The Most Touching Post On Nairaland / Educated Ladies Can You Marry A Guy With No Formal Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.