Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia (161568 Views)

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by honeric01(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2010
eddy1977:

man
i am going to go there on vacation
i already love these people
thank you so much for posting their pixes here and awakening this awereness

na becos of Toto u wan go that region? God have mercy cheesy
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2010
Indigeous Fijians today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2010
I really adore their hair, so beautiful
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:30am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijian Today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2010
fijians today

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2010
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Hubabab hubababa hubababba!!!!
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijians today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:35am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijian today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:38am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijian People today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijians Today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijians today

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2010
More pictures of the Fijian Islands

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijian people

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijian People

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 8:01am On Mar 15, 2010
Indigeous people of Fiji

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2010
People of Fiji

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 8:05am On Mar 15, 2010
Indigeous people of Fiji

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2010
Fijians

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2010
Interesting Fijian Meke or Dance perform at one of the many resorts on one of the islands, fijans consists of 700 islands and half are inhabited by people, I think the fiji have a population close to eight hundred thousand or a million

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=supPPZLLIG4&feature=related
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2010
NO, i mean Fiji consist of 300 hundred islands and half are inhabited
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
Outstrip: I don't think they mated with ancient white people to acquire the gene for blond hair, or other characteristic we associate with Europeans. If that was the case this would be very common for mulattos in Brazil, America, Africa, Latin America and Europe as well, but that is not the case. However, it is common to the people that live in the region mainly some melanesian groups as well as some unmixed Australian Aboringines. Again, this have nothing to do with some mysterious European gene, but the natural diversity of humankind.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2010

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia
« #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are there any recorded instances of these people being brought to africa?

i have my suspicions. tpia

Hello Tpia: As one of the posters mentioned they probably migranted out of Africa thousands of years ago, if they were brought as slaves, would they not be speaking the languages of their conquerers? However most of the 5,000 languages in the world is spoken on the island New Guinea, which is located in Melanesia.When i was on holiday in Fiji, many Fijans told me they believe that their ancestors migranted out of Africa from a place called Tanganyika, which they believe were their ancestorial home, Needless to say, there need to be more research about the origins of the people in Melanesia from Melanesian scholars and African scholars alike. One thing is for certain, when i visited the historial museum in Suva, which is the capital of Fiji, in the Museum, I have seen a huge Ship which from my perspective reminds me of noah ark, in otherwords these people were great ship builders, and maybe some groups left Africa by ship, however I think that is very unlikely, but the thought is interesting, indeed.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2010
Djcandy:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there a tradition of dyeing their children's hair (like some women in the north that wear eyeliner for their kids) or are they born naturally like that? Interesting

to answer your question dj candy, they are naturally like that, you can tell people natural hair color sometimes from their eyebrows, which usually look the same color as their hair, and the photographs shows that some of these people are indeed natually blond.
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2010
Few more pictures of Indigeous Fijians
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2010
Few more pictures of Indigeous Fijians

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2010
Fiji

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2010
Fijians and tourist drinking the local Kava, which is from a local plant.

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by ababda: 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2010
Fijians

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by favouredjb(f): 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2010
How awesome is the work of God,i cant explain it .that means its not only europeans that have the blond hair.i would av thoght that ,that color occured as a result of their mating with europeans,but wat about other mullatoes?they are beautiful people i must admit.they must have left Africa eons ago.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by eddy1977(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
honeric01:

na becos of Toto u wan go that region? God have mercy cheesy

grin grin grin the toto is a good incentive
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by eddy1977(m): 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
ababda:

Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia
« #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are there any recorded instances of these people being brought to africa?

i have my suspicions. tpia

Hello Tpia: As one of the posters mentioned they probably migranted out of Africa thousands of years ago, if they were brought as slaves, would they not be speaking the languages of their conquerers? However most of the 5,000 languages in the world is spoken on the island New Guinea, which is located in Melanesia.When i was on holiday in Fiji, many Fijans told me they believe that their ancestors migranted out of Africa from a place called Tanganyika, which they believe were their ancestorial home, Needless to say, there need to be more research about the origins of the people in Melanesia from Melanesian scholars and African scholars alike. One thing is for certain, when i visited the historial museum in Suva, which is the capital of Fiji, in the Museum, I have seen a huge Ship which from my perspective reminds me of noah ark, in otherwords these people were great ship builders, and maybe some groups left Africa by ship, however I think that is very unlikely, but the thought is interesting, indeed.

hello ababda
i just want to know the difference between melanesia and polynesia
because i see a big difference between the people of fiji,solomon and surrounding islands from people of samoa,tonga,native haiwaian,vanuatu,kiribati

are they pretty much the same people ?
Re: Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia by agathamari(f): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2010
most of the natives in the south pacific are simmilar to the pictures above

ababda- there is a tribe in indonesia which fits the theme of the pics, forgive me i cant remeber thier name, perhaps youd find them intresting as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.