Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others (40471 Views)

Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos / Anti-Igbo Song: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos To Leave The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
jpphilips:

Since you have agreed on LG autonomy no need stressing it further.
I have warned you severally re-echoing the usual thrash politicians continuously sell to ignorant people wont help your arguement, what is resource control? What is true federalism?

These are jargons used by politicians to steal you blind, there is nothing in it for you, stop selling it, define your interest and stick to it, True federalism as a phrase has neither dictionary nor Encyclopedia meaning.
Unless ofcourse you think you are talking to an illiterate.

There is nothing like resource control, what I am aware of is resources investment, go and make your investments and control your investment.
Where your governors are too lazy to do that, they should continue feeding from Abuja, currently, Abuja is broke, very soon, your lazy governors will become babalawos.

Lol...where did I disagree with lg autonomy? You misundertood my point since I put it side by side with restructuring.

And why should you realy blame those demanding for resource control? Before oil became the major source of revenue was revenue allocation not based on the principle of derivation? Then they came up with the principle of equity and what exactly has changed really? Has this so-called equity reduced the level of poverty or the almajiri population in the north for which concern the emir of kano was going to be deposed for speaking out? On the part of the fg reliance on crude oil made the fg negligent to other sectors the steel comps, power, telecoms etc, if not for the essential services provided the govt hosp, colleges and universities, as well as security agencies would have been moribund. Mainwhile ethopia with a gdp a fifth of ours is currently constructing a 6000+ megawatts hydro-power project to add to what they have on ground while we are...constructing 2nd niger bridge...The plain truth is this principle of equity has only given us a lazy and corrupt govt which benefits only those close to power. A grade 16 civil servant in kogi committed suicide because of the difficulty he found himself no thanks to the gov owing salaries for several months while the govs own largesse continues, just like it happens in other states everywhere.

The principle of equity compared with derivation is just like the proverb giving a man a fish instead of teaching him to fish, and the effect has been same as the quota system where a kid from zamfara who never took education seriously and managed to guess one or two answers rightly in a 100 question paper stands a better chance than another kid from anambra who did his homework and got 56% in same paper because one is from "an educ less developed" state, and that is now akin to a form of mental handicap with no treatment. This useless equity principle as it is today has only succeeded in creating lazy corrupt govs accross the country who tend to see themselves as demi-gods with no checks while in power to the extent a state gov could successfully send the leaderhip of his state house of assrmbly on exile with the aid of federal might....So I realy dont blame those asking for a return to "true/fiscal federalism, devolution of powers and the derivation principle", perhaps it would make some states sit up and look into harnessing the best of their environment and take human capt devt more seriously instead of breeding an army of almajiris for the sake of the numbers while their govs enjoy allocations from other regions.

Besides I dont think the derivation principle would have been jetissoned for "equity" if the niger-delta was located between sokoto, kano and katsina or the chad basin...We have just recently heard how it is improper to treat unequals equally...irrespective of what these "unequals" bring to the table? Time would tell for those in doubt...
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 12:35am On Oct 25, 2017
kattytamer:

Lol...where did I disagree with lg autonomy? You misundertood my point since I put it side by side with restructuring.

And why should you realy blame those demanding for resource control? Before oil became the major source of revenue was revenue allocation not based on the principle of derivation? Then they came up with the principle of equity and what exactly has changed really? Has this so-called equity reduced the level of poverty or the almajiri population in the north for which concern the emir of kano was going to be deposed for speaking out? On the part of the fg reliance on crude oil made the fg negligent to other sectors the steel comps, power, telecoms etc, if not for the essential services provided the govt hosp, colleges and universities, as well as security agencies would have been moribund. Mainwhile ethopia with a gdp a fifth of ours is currently constructing a 6000+ megawatts hydro-power project to add to what they have on ground while we are...constructing 2nd niger bridge...The plain truth is this principle of equity has only given us a lazy and corrupt govt which benefits only those close to power. A grade 16 civil servant in kogi committed suicide because of the difficulty he found himself no thanks to the gov owing salaries for several months while the govs own largesse continues, just like it happens in other states everywhere.

The principle of equity compared with derivation is just like the proverb giving a man a fish instead of teaching him to fish, and the effect has been same as the quota system where a kid from zamfara who never took education seriously and managed to guess one or two answers rightly in a 100 question paper stands a better chance than another kid from anambra who did his homework and got 56% in same paper because one is from "an educ less developed" state, and that is now akin to a form of mental handicap with no treatment. This useless equity principle as it is today has only succeeded in creating lazy corrupt govs accross the country who tend to see themselves as demi-gods with no checks while in power to the extent a state gov could successfully send the leaderhip of his state house of assrmbly on exile with the aid of federal might....So I realy dont blame those asking for a return to "true/fiscal federalism, devolution of powers and the derivation principle", perhaps it would make some states sit up and look into harnessing the best of their environment and take human capt devt more seriously instead of breeding an army of almajiris for the sake of the numbers while their govs enjoy allocations from other regions.

Besides I dont think the derivation principle would have been jetissoned for "equity" if the niger-delta was located between sokoto, kano and katsina or the chad basin...We have just recently heard how it is improper to treat unequals equally...irrespective of what these "unequals" bring to the table? Time would tell for those in doubt...

There is no point reacting to this misconstrued epistle of yours, your opening line simply shows you did not read what I wrote but in a hurry to sell your usual baseless rhetoric, read my post again, if you so desire, then give an appropriate response that shows you have the least understanding of what I wrote, before you type further hogwash.
I said we are in tandem with LG autonomy while you interpreted it as "disagree with LG autonomy"
I have a feeling you don't understand English, kindly suggest anyother language of your choice to spare you this truck load of irrelevant wordings with no bearing with the subject of discourse.
Perhaps you think typing crap on the Internet is fun, I want to know the meaning of "resource control" and "True federalism" citing any dictionary or encyclopedia of your choice, without a definition, I am lost as any other Nigerian with sound education.
Don't bother typing further if you dont get for us the meaning of those political lexicon.

This is what I have learnt this few days of interacting with you, most of you making noise about restructuring does not even understand the structure we run except the conventional lies sold to ignorant people in the main stream media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
jpphilips:

There is no point reacting to this misconstrued epistle of yours, your opening line simply shows you did not read what I wrote but in a hurry to sell your usual baseless rhetoric, read my post again, if you so desire, then give an appropriate response that shows you have the least understanding of what I wrote, before you type further hogwash.
I said we are in tandem with LG autonomy while you interpreted it as "disagree with LG autonomy"
I have a feeling you don't understand English, kindly suggest anyother language of your choice to spare you this truck load of irrelevant wordings with no bearing with the subject of discourse.
Perhaps you think typing crap on the Internet is fun, I want to know the meaning of "resource control" and "True federalism" citing any dictionary or encyclopedia of your choice, without a definition, I am lost as any other Nigerian with sound education.
Don't bother typing further if you dont get for us the meaning of those political lexicon.

This is what I have learnt this few days of interacting with you, most of you making noise about restructuring does not even understand the structure we run except the conventional lies sold to ignorant people in the main stream media.

Okay you are a professor in eng lang and litt, plus macroeconomics and political science...but never understood I was "in tandem" with "lg autonomy" from the onset...
And I dont care if resource control or true/fiscal federalism has a textbook definition or is only been touted by crooks, a mice in the roof isnt a enough reason to set your house on fire. The idea is self explanatory enough and close enough to devolution of powers/lg autonomy, besides just like you say, the current system hasnt benefitted the common man much, but rather has given us lazy govs waiting for allocation from abuja every month end to squander. Im in support of devolution of powers as much as a possible and a system dependent on taxation rather than monthly osusu from abuja, if you and i paid taxes of up to 50% of our incomes to our lgcs I dont think we would let them run things amok. Its simple as that.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
kattytamer:

Okay you are a professor in eng lang and litt, plus macroeconomics and political science...but never understood I was "in tandem" with "lg autonomy" from the onset...
And I dont care if resource control or true/fiscal federalism has a textbook definition or is only been touted by crooks, a mice in the roof isnt a enough reason to set your house on fire. The idea is self explanatory enough and close enough to devolution of powers/lg autonomy, besides just like you say, the current system hasnt benefitted the common man much, but rather has given us lazy govs waiting for allocation from abuja every month end to squander. Im in support of devolution of powers as much as a possible and a system dependent on taxation rather than monthly osusu from abuja, if you and i paid taxes of up to 50% of our incomes to our lgcs I dont think we would let them run things amok. Its simple as that.

You see why I insist most of you are illiterates, brainless politicians at state level, goes into their closet, after smoking Sk weed with Sapele water to douse the effect, jump to a studio demanding a change in administration with no acceptable definition, then a so called graduate like you runs along with it, who does sh!t like that?
You want your country to implement a meaningless agenda right?
How do you explain it to your foreign partners, you just tell them how it works and voila!! everyone goes home, let me ask you again, how did you complete elementary school? I ask humbly because while I was in Elementary school, my teacher defines every process.
If your theory or proposal has no meaning, it sure not gonna have any implementation framework, don't you agree? remind me again, what is the meaning of "true federalism" and "resource control" as concocted by Nigerian politicians? its a shame bro!!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
jpphilips:

You see why I insist most of you are illiterates, brainless politicians at state level, goes into their closet, after smoking Sk weed with Sapele water to douse the effect, jump to a studio demanding a change in administration with no acceptable definition, then a so called graduate like you runs along with it, who does sh!t like that?
You want your country to implement a meaningless agenda right?
How do you explain it to your foreign partners, you just tell them how it works and voila!! everyone goes home, let me ask you again, how did you complete elementary school? I ask humbly because while I was in Elementary school, my teacher defines every process.
If your theory or proposal has no meaning, it sure not gonna have any implementation framework, don't you agree? remind me again, what is the meaning of "true federalism" and "resource control" as concocted by Nigerian politicians? its a shame bro!!
Well you have a point but in reality even if "resource control" doesnt have a standard definition it doesnt change the issues on ground. Would giving "resource control" a definition end the crisis in the middle-belt? Is the aim not clear enough? Would giving "true federalism" a textbook def make ortom pay outstanding salaries or make masari and yari take western education to the next level in their states. What everyone is saying is simple; the purpose of changing from the principle of derivation to that of equity has been defeated, the rate of our development has diminished compared to our "mates of the 70's" since we started sharing oil money around to lazy govs while watching everything rot away. We need to go back to the drawing board and seek a better approach to catch up with the rest of the world, thus..."restructuring".
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2017
kattytamer:

Well you have a point but in reality even if "resource control" doesnt have a standard definition it doesnt change the issues on ground. Would giving "resource control" a definition end the crisis in the middle-belt? Is the aim not clear enough? Would giving "true federalism" a textbook def make ortom pay outstanding salaries or make masari and yari take western education to the next level in their states. What everyone is saying is simple; the purpose of changing from the principle of derivation to that of equity has been defeated, the rate of our development has diminished compared to our "mates of the 70's" since we started sharing oil money around to lazy govs while watching everything rot away. We need to go back to the drawing board and seek a better approach to catch up with the rest of the world, thus..."restructuring".

I'm glad you agree that "resource control" and "True federalism" are inconsequential concoctions of lazy Governors so I think we have gotten somewhere, you said changing from the principle of derivation to Equity has been defeated, can you explain the following to us;
The money shared monthly by the three tiers of government domiciled in the federation account as enshrined by section 162 of the constitution, comes from where?
Make your response elaborate enough so we will all appreciate your "sharing oil money" phrase a cliche always spewed by ignorant pitiful Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
jpphilips:

I'm glad you agree that "resource control" and "True federalism" are inconsequential concoctions of lazy Governors so I think we have gotten somewhere, you said changing from the principle of derivation to Equity has been defeated, can you explain the following to us;
The money shared monthly by the three tiers of government domiciled in the federation account as enshrined by section 162 of the constitution, comes from where?
Make your response elaborate enough so we will all appreciate your "sharing oil money" phrase a cliche always spewed by ignorant pitiful Nigerian youths.
"inconsequential concotions"? You are wrong, crude oil accounts for over 95% of our foreign exchange and gdp, what is the igr of the states compared to annual allocations from abj? If you were the chairman of some successful biz empire with several branches and several branches have become unproductive despite regular repeated re-investments what do you do?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
kattytamer:

"inconsequential concotions"? You are wrong, crude oil accounts for over 95% of our foreign exchange and gdp, what is the igr of the states compared to annual allocations from abj? If you were the chairman of some successful biz empire with several branches and several branches have become unproductive despite regular repeated re-investments what do you do?

This is nowhere close to the answer to the question, incase you forgot the question, here is a recap;

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by orisa37: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
Noone is asking for restructuring- to-treat-unequals-equally.
Unequals can be quarantined for special economic treatment.
After all we always advertise for Foreign investments from developed economies of EU, UK & US. So our Nigerian Equal States can always be invited by our Nigerian Unequal States for mutual economic cooperation and development.
Ibo's investments is in every constitutional State of the Federation. Igbos won't run away with their investments. They will even add more to make more Profits for their home States, out of which they will pay uniform contribution to Federation Account.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
jpphilips:

This is nowhere close to the answer to the question, incase you forgot the question, here is a recap;

The only recap we need is how corruption, nepotism, unpatriotism and disunity became our motto; and the way forward. How has section 162 helped anyone besides the partakers in the booty? Year 2016 was just a glimpse into the future...Hope you heard the minister of state for power talk about how we would soon be generating 20,000 MW of power?...from the covens I suppose.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by 2nattie(m): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
jpphilips:

Can you tell me what Enugu and Ebonyi are contributing to the federation account?

Go and ask buhari
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2019
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by adekolaelect(m): 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
hatchy:
This satanist,religious and Northern bigot was made committee chairman for restructuring deliberately because Buhari and Apc knows that nothing good will come out of this committee.

El Rufai is known for his hatred for the South and non moslem.
stop posting sentimental rubbish and reason with the reality on the ground. We all know the government is not so good to that region but you can't cut off the whole hand just because one finger is defective .what they should asked for is good governance ,hold your political office holder accountable and infest more in Nigeria politics not partisan to achieve or get their best proportions .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See This Mounted Nigerian Police Van (Photo) / Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / Buhari Appoints Ibim Semenitari As NDDC Acting Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.